PDA

View Full Version : Cowher Power!!!

Balls_O_Steel
01-24-2006, 06:56 PM
People need to give Bill Cowher the "props" he deserves. This guy is the heart and soul of the Black & Gold!!! He is the builder of this great team!!! He will bring home the trophy baby!!! I am so tired of the "experts"you see on the various pregame shows,They only give him credit as a motivator. Bill Cowher is a great coach from talent evaluation to x's and O's. He also assembles some great staffs. The problem is,he can't his coaches long enough because they are always highly sought after. Bill Belicheck kept the same staff for years.

Milkman
01-24-2006, 07:53 PM
I like Cowher myself, but he will ultimately be judged by how many SB he has won.

This will be his 1st SB win though! :sign08:

SteelerzGirl
01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Bill Cowher is my hero! Cowher for Prez! :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
So you put this in the Blast Furnace, why ? :wink:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I personally have always been a supporter of Cowher.
But if the Steelers lose there is going to be a lot of negative talk about him......

SalukiSteelers
01-24-2006, 09:52 PM
This one ought to be real interesting after the game...win or lose. I like the guy and have no problem with whatever happens. Hopefully Cowher gets the perceived monkey off his back this season. It'll be amazing what one win will mean to the perception of him by Steelers fans and by those whose loyaties are to other teams.

Sharkissle29
01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
I personally have always been a supporter of Cowher.
But if the Steelers lose there is going to be a lot of negative talk about him......
win or lose, he has coached a tremedous playoffs....

hardwork
01-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Like Brady for Belichick, Ben make take Cowher to the promised land.

BTW, it's Beli>>chick<<. Not Beli>>check<<. I see that mistake a lot.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Like Brady for Belichick, Ben make take Cowher to the promised land.

BTW, it's Beli>>chick<<. Not Beli>>check<<. I see that mistake a lot.
:blah: :blah: :blah:

As you are so fond of saying quit talking bout the past, in this forum it could be fat"BELLYCHICK":rofl: NO one in this forum cares to hear what you are yakking bout. hard work:monkey:

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 12:58 AM
I like Cowher. I'd play for him more than any other coach. Not a diss on Holmgren, just a personality fit for me. I watched a profile on the NFL channnel today. What a great guy. His players love him. I respect his loyalty and his love for Mr. Rooney. Clearly it's a mutual admiration society for them.

Anyway, the Steelers are a better club for having him.

tony hipchest
01-25-2006, 09:54 AM
I like Cowher. I'd play for him more than any other coach. Not a diss on Holmgren, just a personality fit for me. I watched a profile on the NFL channnel today. What a great guy. His players love him. I respect his loyalty and his love for Mr. Rooney. Clearly it's a mutual admiration society for them.

wow, far cries from our divisional opponents posters words on cowher. youd think he was worse than mike tice or dave shula. i guess this is proof that most nfl fans are rather educated on the sport and these bengal, raven, and especially brownfans sniff alot of glue.
(patfans are notorious cowher bashers too, but i think they just ate too much paste)

clevestinks
01-25-2006, 04:31 PM

We have some Cowher haters around here, and I do`nt get it! This goes to show you, a seahawks fan comes in and shows great respect for Cowher. And we have Steelers fans that are haters!????????? We have a coach that gives us an oppurtunity year after year, teams like cinci went 16 years without a playoff apperance, and 18 without a playoff win. cleveland would give their left nut, to go to the playoffs, if they had a sack.

Cowher is great, its time to lift the monkey off his back!

greeneyes43
01-25-2006, 04:40 PM
:bouncy: you won`t find a better coach anywhere in the nfl. you can clearly see that the respect goes both ways with his players and himself. he is definitely the best!

clevestinks
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
:bouncy: you won`t find a better coach anywhere in the nfl. you can clearly see that the respect goes both ways with his players and himself. he is definitely the best!
Couldn`t have said it better myself! Props!

Livinginthe past
01-25-2006, 04:46 PM
We should have a Cowher 'Great or Just Good?' debate.

I can see Tony 'A reference To The Pats In EVERY Post' Hipchest in the black corner.

And in the gold corner ... Koopa - The Man Who Hates Cowher But Is Struggling To Justify It With The Steelers At The SB!

It would be fascinating to see two Steeler fans with opposing views go head-2-head in a real debate - not just lame smack!

NM

clevestinks
01-25-2006, 04:48 PM
:sofunny: We should have a Cowher 'Great or Just Good?' debate.

I can see Tony 'A reference To The Pats In EVERY Post' Hipchest in the black corner.

And in the gold corner ... Koopa - The Man Who Hates Cowher But Is Struggling To Justify It With The Steelers At The SB!

It would be fascinating to see two Steeler fans with opposing views go head-2-head in a real debate - not just lame smack!

NM
I knew when I saw LITP under the Cowher Power Thread, that this was coming! LOL

Livinginthe past
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
:sofunny:
I knew when I saw LITP under the Cowher Power Thread, that this was coming! LOL

Hey I know you guys are well aware of my thoughts on the Steelers HC.

It would be interesting to have an inter-steeler debate on it without people like me butting in!

I reckon something very similar is going on over at Colts board country wide - they have turned on Coach Peyton Manning and Defensive Co-Ordinator Dungy in big numbers!

NM

Koopa
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
We should have a Cowher 'Great or Just Good?' debate.

NM

lol, well if cowher don't win it this year i can justify it, but if he does then i'll just admitt i'm a hater cause i don't give a damn lol. i wish he was like popovich because even though pop won a few championship i can not like him cause of the way he got his job

clevestinks
01-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey I know you guys are well aware of my thoughts on the Steelers HC.

It would be interesting to have an inter-steeler debate on it without people like me butting in!

I reckon something very similar is going on over at Colts board country wide - they have turned on Coach Peyton Manning and Defensive Co-Ordinator Dungy in big numbers!

NM
After the Super Bowl would work well! Then someone will have more ammo, one way or another

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Is there anyone out there you guys could get who could coach the Steelers better than Cowher?

There was a significant number of folks out here in Seattle who wanted Holmgren's head last year after two consecutive first round playoff losses. But really, two losses in the playoffs represented progress. Now he's brought the team to where its never been before.
I doubt we'd be here if we'd picked up some other coach who had just been canned because he was failing else where.

Be thankful for what you have - a great coach.

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 10:54 AM
So you put this in the Blast Furnace, why ? :wink:

That's what I'd like to know.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 11:01 AM
and besides its not Cowher Power..

its

Cowr... Powr !! :grin:

43Hitman
01-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Is there anyone out there you guys could get who could coach the Steelers better than Cowher?

There was a significant number of folks out here in Seattle who wanted Holmgren's head last year after two consecutive first round playoff losses. But really, two losses in the playoffs represented progress. Now he's brought the team to where its never been before.
I doubt we'd be here if we'd picked up some other coach who had just been canned because he was failing else where.

Be thankful for what you have - a great coach.

No. There isn't a better coach to replace Cowher. That is usually the point in the debate when the Cowher hater's tuck thier tail and run.

blackgoldchamps
01-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Props to Cowher and 1 for the thumb.