PDA

View Full Version : Pick in the End Zone

NJarhead
11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Anyone else find it odd that Holmes didn't make the tackle before their defender reached the 50? Not to mention that he didn't make it at all and Mendy did.

That kinda bothered me a bit.

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Santonio looked like a jogging partner to that linebacker.

Do today's NFL players understand that it's ok to lay out when trying to catch a ball or a ball carrier any longer.

I like Santonio, but unless he has the ball in his hands he doesn't do the little things that would make him truely great. IMO, he is not a complete WR like Hines is.

Dino 6 Rings
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
It was the angle, Mendenhall had the better angle to cut across the field, Holmes was running with the guy but also had to fight off a blocker...

Mendy made the play of the day for the Steelers tracking that dude down and making that tackle. The D did its job there and held them to only 3 points. If not for Mendy, its 6 points, extra point pending.

MillerMania83
11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Was talking to a guy at work today about the same thing, couldn't believe Santonio couldn't run Studabaker down after that pick, either S'baker is that fast or it was a p!ss poor effort by #10 IMO, and Mendy comes out of nowhere and makes the tackle, really surprised me how #10 couldn't/didn't get the job done there, things that make ya go hmmm, lol.

fansince'76
11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I think I saw Santo do his "muscle flex" after Mendenhall made the tackle.... :stirthepot: :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 06:29 PM
I think I saw Santo do his "muscle flex" after Mendenhall made the tackle.... :stirthepot: :chuckle:

:rofl::rofl:

smurof
11-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Holmes 40 time 4.38-4.40 depending on where he ran it.
Studebaker 4.49

Strangely enough Mendy's a 4.45 or so guy. I guess Football is a game of angles

I could see how holmes doesn't catch the guy. He has deceptive moves and solid possession skills, but he's not known as a speed guy (why we drafted wallace and had washignton)

OR maybe he's point shaving

solardave
11-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Holmes 40 time 4.38-4.40 depending on where he ran it.
Studebaker 4.49

Strangely enough Mendy's a 4.45 or so guy. I guess Football is a game of angles

I could see how holmes doesn't catch the guy. He has deceptive moves and solid possession skills, but he's not known as a speed guy (why we drafted wallace and had washignton)

OR maybe he's point shaving

Maybe,just maybe we need Mendy on STs.We saw that he can tackle.To bad he's our best running back and we can't afford for him to get hurt.