PDA

View Full Version : the signs are there...

The JoKeR
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
There are some weird coincedences I think with this superbowl (I'm not complaining though!). First off, we all know that it's bettis' hometown hosting the superbowl and that is a story within itself. I was just thinking though...all that talk in the middle of the season about ben's thumb....all these years we've been crying for "one for the thumb". Now it looks like the only thing to heal that thumb will be ben getting the city that 5th ring. Everyone took their minds off the one for the thumb and put it all on big ben's thumb...and here we sit, going to the superbowl. Too much of a storybook year for this team. Boy do they deserve it.

BlackNGold203
01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
LOL...thats a unique perspective.....

I will agree with this...this team is very special.....I've NEVER felt this good about
a Steeler team (Well..since 1980 anyways)

It's gonna happen.... :)

seahawksfan
01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
LOL...thats a unique perspective.....

I will agree with this...this team is very special.....I've NEVER felt this good about
a Steeler team (Well..since 1980 anyways)

It's gonna happen.... :)

Yep, the Steelers are a special team and you should continue to feel that way when they lose the Super Bowl.

Sharkissle29
01-24-2006, 09:46 PM
yes, their will definitely be tons of irony if we go on to win...

BlueTalon
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Too much of a storybook year for this team. Boy do they deserve it.It's going to be a storybook year for whichever team wins it. But the Steelers certainly don't "deserve" it, not now. Whoever wins the game deserves it, and that's a couple weeks off.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Now while I can see your logic seahawksfan... surely you can see our's as well since this is a Steelers board..and I would imagine its a safe bet that the seahawk forums are saying similar things as well about how your team deserves this as much as we do. :cool:

BB2W
01-25-2006, 11:33 AM
If you add the numbers of the previous four Superbowls the Steelers won, and then add 40 (this years bowl number) You get 86... the number of our favorite WR Hines Ward. :cool:

steelersgirl86
01-25-2006, 11:43 AM
If you add the numbers of the previous four Superbowls the Steelers won, and then add 40 (this years bowl number) You get 86... the number of our favorite WR Hines Ward. :cool:

Wow that is neat...so is the thumb reason.....We all know the bettis reason is the best....

BlueTalon
01-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Now while I can see your logic seahawksfan... surely you can see our's as well since this is a Steelers board..and I would imagine its a safe bet that the seahawk forums are saying similar things as well about how your team deserves this as much as we do. :cool:My response would be the same to any Seahawks fans who said the same thing. The team that deserves it is the one who does what it takes to bring the trophy home.

Now... which team will that be? THAT is the source of topics for a couple weeks of good debate!
:cheers: