PDA

View Full Version : If The Whiz Leaves, Who Should Replace Him?

TasmanianTroy271
01-24-2006, 08:54 PM
The more I've been reading on the subject, it really looks like Ken Whisenhunt will be leaving us to go coach The Raiders. I know this is coaching suicide and all that, but what i want to know is who should we get to replace him as Offensive Coordinator. I'm sure there are alot of good people out there waiting in the wings, and I'm sure we could get someone good for pretty cheap, considering how our Playoffs have gone. What do you guys think?

BlackNGold203
01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
How about QB Coach Whipple?

brianski71
01-24-2006, 09:04 PM
russ grim.......why is no one talking about him?

BlackNGold203
01-24-2006, 09:12 PM
I dunno...grimms a great OL coach...but can he devise an entire offensive philosophy?

nu4everfan15
01-24-2006, 09:17 PM
i would have said bring mularkey back a week ago, but thats too late. If they couldnt find anyone in house that fits suit i would prolly go with a strong college coordinator... greg davis, texas and al borges, auburn are the 2 guys i would most want from the college ranks. but i would like to stay in house for the hire... keep the same offense that is working (or hope al davis decides on some1 else)

TasmanianTroy271
01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Yea, I don't think we want Russ Grimm to do it. I mean, imagine the coaching offers he's getting from being an OL coach, imagine if he were our Offensive Coordinator. We could never keep him for more than a year. Plus, I don't think the Offensive Line has the same ideas as a QB or a WR coach would have to run an offense.

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 09:47 PM
well we did have 2 te's coaches become co-ordinators. 1. the rooneys should pay wiz to stay 2 mularkey turned down the raider job and john clayton said them 2. having a conversation could lead wiz to stay. thats probably wishful thinking but so is hoping the rooney pay him to stay.

BlackNGold203
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
From Len Pasquarelli's online ESPN chat today......

Len Pasquarelli: bill cowher often stays in-house on such moves, so grimm would be a viable choice . . .keep your eye, down the road, on steelers QB coach mark whipple . . . he'll soon be ready to be a coordinator somewhere as well

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Dont count on coach Wiz going just yet. Just becuz the faiders are waiting to interview him doesnt mean he's gonna take the job.

But if he does for some STUPID reason as to work for Al Davis.. then Russ or Whipple would be a viable choice.

Sharkissle29
01-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Dont count on coach Wiz going just yet. Just becuz the faiders are waiting to interview him doesnt mean he's gonna take the job.

But if he does for some STUPID reason as to work for Al Davis.. then Russ or Whipple would be a viable choice.
odds are he'll take it. its every coordinators dream to run their own team one day.

24seven
01-25-2006, 12:00 AM
why the hell would he want to coach the Raiders of all teams though.. Just seems like that team is T.O. X's 12 to much drama..

drizze99
01-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Mark Whipple.

End of story.

lotas
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah why would you wanna go after you just got your team to the superbowl and are being praised for your coaching? I know he's gotta be dreaming of coaching his own team. But he'd be going from the top to the bottom, he's gonna have to work a lot with the Raiders to get them into the playoffs, they need a lot of help. That's not even mentioning working for Al Davis...I don't think I'd ever do that. I hope he stays, although if not I'd rather see Whipple in the position over Grimm.

bamasteeler
01-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Hopefully whis will be smart enough to not go somewhere like the raiders and realize he is better off as a o.c. in the burgh then a head pawn for al davis.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-26-2006, 04:23 PM
I hope he stays.Remember,being interviwed is different from taking the job,he can always turn it down.

But if he were to leave,I wouldn't mind Whipple coming in as OC.

WWIIOwheelz
01-26-2006, 04:33 PM
If you're making 200k/year to be an offensive coordinator & you are offered a HEAD coaching position, a guaranteed multi-year contract making 10 times that amount, and you officially arrive in coaching your sport of choice.

I'd hate to see him go, but I'd be happy for him as a person.