PDA

View Full Version : The New Manic D Tribute Song/Video!

Manic D
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, thanks to everybody who supported us on the last one. Here's the new one:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=t1AD4U0rThg

In my opinion it's about ten times better. Thanks a lot. If you go to my myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/manicd

there's a link to download the song free in my blog.

Peace to all and GO STEEEEEELLLLLLEEEERRRRSS!!!!

Da'Burgh
01-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Hell yeah man. Fantastic.

drizze99
01-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Awesome vid to go along with an awesome song!!

Where can I download this video?

Manic D
01-24-2006, 10:58 PM
im not sure but you can search on putfile.com i think it up there somewhere. Thanks for the interest!

rowedf
01-24-2006, 11:15 PM
That was FANTASTIC!!!! HELLUVA JOB!!

shevdog
01-24-2006, 11:17 PM
"Everytime a Steeler get a sack, and angel gets his wings..." LOL! That's awesome!

Good job on the video and song!

shutdown
01-24-2006, 11:20 PM
http://x400.putfile.com/videos/d3-2303272563.wmv - low res 7.98 meg

http://upload3.putfile.com/videos/2323080383.wmv - hi res 13.69 meg (temp location)

The highres file is currently in a temp location since i just created it and uploaded it. once putfile moves it to is correct location i will update the link.

Hope you guys enjoy the video. :)

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Keep up the great work ! I'll nominate it for an Oscar!!:cheers:

drizze99
01-24-2006, 11:21 PM
im not sure but you can search on putfile.com i think it up there somewhere. Thanks for the interest!

Yea, I checked there already! The only vid there is "One for the Thumb"

Is shutd0wn on this board?

EDIT: Nevermind! Got it!! Thanks!

shutdown
01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
yup im here :)

drizze99
01-24-2006, 11:37 PM
yup im here :)

Your video editing skills are top notch bro! Your MySpace page is the best I have ever seen!

shutdown
01-24-2006, 11:58 PM
thanks i appreciate it :)

Manic D
01-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah thanks for the support you guys! Tell your friends about the video and send the link around if you feel like it. I'm going to try and get in touch with some Pittsburgh radio people tomorrow. Anybody know anybody?

one for the thumb
01-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Manic
Some of your links are expired from your myspace page. Just wanted to let you know. Good stuff!
OFTT

dibdeb2
01-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Great Job! Good Luck with the radio group!

BB2W
01-25-2006, 11:39 AM
UNBELEIVABLE!!! Great song... I am startstruck, you have some serious talent.

geran42o
01-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Great job again Manic

MichiSteeler
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
That was great! Just like the last one! I expect one for the Super Bowl :cool:

Manic D
01-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks again guys! Hey if I make abother track after we win the Super Bowl I have a suspicion it will just be the sound of me sreaming for 2-3 minutes. ;-)

Statik
01-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks again guys! Hey if I make abother track after we win the Super Bowl I have a suspicion it will just be the sound of me sreaming for 2-3 minutes. ;-)

HAHAHAHHAHA no doubt man!!!

The songs are awesome!!!!! Hope you don't mind, but I got a feeling they're going to get some play at our steelers fan club bar during the superbowl

Manic D
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Play it anywhere and everywhere, do with it what you will. This one's for the Steeler fans!

shutdown
01-25-2006, 07:27 PM
HAHAHAHHAHA no doubt man!!!

The songs are awesome!!!!! Hope you don't mind, but I got a feeling they're going to get some play at our steelers fan club bar during the superbowl

do it!

Chronicgaming
01-25-2006, 07:59 PM
This is great work, especially with the video! Thanks guys!

Pamela
01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey guys, thanks to everybody who supported us on the last one. Here's the new one:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=t1AD4U0rThg

In my opinion it's about ten times better. Thanks a lot. If you go to my myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/manicd

there's a link to download the song free in my blog.

Peace to all and GO STEEEEEELLLLLLEEEERRRRSS!!!!

All I can say is thank you, absolutly awesome! Gave me chicken skin!

GO STEELERS!!

Manic D
01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
haha thanks

bozz723
01-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Yo Manic, I love this song man, I really do. However, the superbowl is on ABC this year ! Figures huh ? FOX sucks anyways..

Keep up the good work dude

Manic D
01-26-2006, 01:37 AM
thanks man. and where'd you hear the one where I say "on Fox?" I thought I changed it...it says "its on lock" on the video version at least it know...

shutdown
01-26-2006, 02:59 PM
lol "its on fox"

it says lock.

drizze99
01-26-2006, 03:22 PM
LOL, I thought it said "it's on FOX" as well.

Manic D
01-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Haha it did the first time...i read somewhere that it was on Fox haha. Then my dad heard it and was like "actually its on ABC" so i changed it. Anyway...there's an article mentioning me in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06026/644640.stm

I'm not sure if it's just the online edition or not. Can anyone check the actual paper to see if it's in there? If it is I'd like a copy...ill pay.

TeamTanked
01-26-2006, 04:07 PM
this track is awesome! mind if i host it on my site?

Manic D
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Like i said, post it anywhere. Just include a link to my myspace page if you could, thanks!

ohiosteeler
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Tis truly is a GREAT song!! Have you ever made a small CD with a couple of different Steeler songs?

Manic D
01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
ive only ever done 3 of these songs...one after we beat the jets last year, one after we beat indy this year and the last one. im not sure there's really enough interest for me to get some of these put out on CD...i think the fact that its a free download has inspired so much of the support.

jaysta
01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Manic, I'm sure the free download helped some, but I feel that you could definitely sell your songs on disc. Especially that new one with the Super Bowl coming. I bet you'd sell a million between now and next Sunday...and if you had them at the game lookout! Truly great job on the song and the video. I have a video sitting next to yours on putfile and I've been letting everyone who emails me to check out yours as well. It's great to see all of this excitement in Steeler Nation!!!!!

HburgXL06
01-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Yo I heard your song and saw da vid and I am amazed! You got great ability and some sweet lyrics. I have been tryin my best at da rap game but at this point I'm just freestylin wit my boys. I could only dream to be at da level you at now. I heard Pittsburgh Slim's song too but I ain't feelin it near as much. You definitely got da hip-hop Super Bowl song for da year and we all know it's gonna be a memorable one. If you got any albums out let me know. Also just so you know, I know you got mad people on your myspace but I just friend requested you today. Da name there is "RobZ outta Hburg" but where I'm at now they all call me BuFu. Anyway lovin your music. Keep doin what you doin and how you doin it man. Peace.

Manic D
01-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks guys! Here's what I'm going to do about selling the song. If anybody wants to buy "The Steelers Anthem" on a disc with a little art and a sleeve, they can order it through Paypal via my myspace account for $7 including shipping. I'd only be profitting about $2 a CD but I'm not trying to get rich off this thing. I can't sell the first song I did becuase I don't have rights to the beat that I used. I'd love to be able to burn the 2 videos onto DVDs to sell but I don't have access to a DVD burner. So. If you want to buy the CD with "The Steelers Anthem" on it, go to my myspace and you'll see a link to purchase.

Really I'm just hoping these songs create some interest in my album which is coming out soon...anybody who wants to preorder it now can do so using Paypal and as soon as it's released it will be shipped. The cost is $10 + shipping. Very reasonable I think...it's all professionally mixed and mastered, nothing half-assed about it. If you want to buy the album, go to my Myspace page and you'll see a link. I'd post the "buy now button" here but the HTML was not working for me. Thanks for the support you guys. Peace!

HburgXL06
01-27-2006, 01:33 AM
What if you just burned the vid on the CD wit da songs. Call it an "enhanced CD" and then it would play both files on a computer. My broke ass don't have a credit card but if there is any other way to get the Steelers CD and preorder the one you have comin out let me know. After hearin your skills I want to hear more and have you get some cash and credit where it deserved. Peace.

BuFu

Manic D
01-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Word, that's a good idea, I'll make that an option for the same price. And anyone that wants to buy these and doesn't have a credit card can send me a check or money order (money order preffered). If you message me ill give you the address to send it to. Cheers guys.

BB2W
01-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Manic D... today on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN Radio they were making fun of Steelers songs. They played like three corny ones, the Pahlahmahlu song, and some stupid Polka songs. Then they played a pretty good rap song from Seattle, and they were ripping Pittsburgh and picking the Seahawks to win based on music alone. Anyways I just got home and emailed them a link to the downloadable version of your "Steelers Anthem" song. I also sent them a link to your myspace site, and I begged them to play it on Monday to give the city of Pittsburgh some redemption.

I will let you know if they give it some air time on Monday. :cool:

drizze99
01-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey BB2W, is that ESPN radio show streamable?

BB2W
01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey BB2W, is that ESPN radio show streamable?
I listen to it on 1410 AM radio in Ohio... I don't know if it is on throughout the nation, but you can listen to ESPN radio online here.

link: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index

Manic D
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Haha thanks man! That would be awesome. I'll have to listen for myself...if I miss anythign let me know how it goes...

HburgXL06
01-27-2006, 02:34 PM
What time Monday is da show that they might play it? I wanna hear it see what goes down. Just let me know n I'd appreciate it. Peace.

BuFu

BB2W
01-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Today on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN Radio they were making fun of Steelers songs. They played like three corny ones, the Pahlahmahlu song, and some stupid Polka songs. Then they played a pretty good rap song from Seattle, and they were ripping Pittsburgh and picking the Seahawks to win based on music alone. Anyways I just got home and emailed them a link to the downloadable version of your "Steelers Anthem" song. I also sent them a link to your myspace site, and I begged them to play it on Monday to give the city of Pittsburgh some redemption.

The Colin Cowherd show is on ESPN radio from 10:00am to 1:00 pm...

Here is a link to e-mail the show... lets all e-mail them and request that they play Manic D's song on Monday.

link: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?page=herdmail

Manic D
01-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Word, I e-mailed them. That's how cool I am. "Yo Colin play my song B!"

HburgXL06
01-27-2006, 11:57 PM
I sent them a note suggestin they play da hottest rhymes bout da Steelers this monumental year. Hope they play it. I'll be listenin when I can. Does anybody have an estimate on da hour of da program they might play it? Da only reason I ask is bc I have class from 9:45 to 11:45am and I don't want to miss it if they do. I'll be listenin otherwise and if I miss it let me kno what goes down. I sent a pretty heated email and put my name down as RobZ aka BuFu so I hope we get thru to them. Peace.

BuFu

Manic D
01-28-2006, 01:21 AM
I saw on the site you can download or listen to old segments of the show. so if you miss it check that.

Steelerdawg
01-29-2006, 08:59 PM
well done...enjoyed it!

HburgXL06
01-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Ok I missed da Monday show so what happened? Where can I download da old shows so I can hear what happened? Just would appreciate knowin what went down. Peace.

BuFu