PDA

View Full Version : not a peep has been heard from willie parker...

tony hipchest
11-24-2009, 10:09 PM
... with this recent turmoil of 2 losses, and him coming off the bench for the last month or so. i would expect nothing less than to him still be a great locker room presence, and supportive teammate, but i do wonder if maybe he has just crawled into a shell. :noidea:

it also appears he is re-gaining his "suddenness and glide". :cya:

MasterOfPuppets
11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
i think your confusing willie with redman...willie never had "suddeness and glide".... lakelander said so....:noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Willies a great guy, he's not like Larry Johnson or a banged up L.T. calling himself classless and demanding the big bucks or start me because we are losing, i wouldn't be surprised if he came back next year for backup money.

devilsdancefloor
11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Im just wondering if there isnt alot of stuff we are not hearing from our vet players like potsie & deebo maybe even deshea. The defense hasnt been itself all year long. the only game i can say they came out and played the whole 60 minutes is the donkeys game. This year i havent heard anything about being a band of brother like we did last year. im not second guess any coaches or any players But the "pony" backfield ont eh 3rd down chance against the donkeys worked really nice. I really think it wold give Defenses fits, plus we could stil have one or both ore even heath go out in a pattern instead of blocking:noidea::noidea:

Gnutella
11-24-2009, 11:05 PM
How 'bout some dual-RB formations like Carolina uses?

StainlessStill
11-25-2009, 12:07 AM
... with this recent turmoil of 2 losses, and him coming off the bench for the last month or so. i would expect nothing less than to him still be a great locker room presence, and supportive teammate, but i do wonder if maybe he has just crawled into a shell. :noidea:

it also appears he is re-gaining his "suddenness and glide". :cya:

What gives you this indication? Willie has point blank came out and said that he isn't a Bettis or a leader so to speak with words in the locker room. He is for sure a strong presence within the team. By the way, what exactly would you want him to do? He lost his starting position, was bombarded with injury, and has only been active in the last few games for maybe a play or two. It's good he's keeping mum, he certainly has no reason to hi-hum in no locker room. I'm sure he'd perform when called upon.

BlastFurnace
11-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Im just wondering if there isnt alot of stuff we are not hearing from our vet players like potsie & deebo maybe even deshea. The defense hasnt been itself all year long. the only game i can say they came out and played the whole 60 minutes is the donkeys game. This year i havent heard anything about being a band of brother like we did last year. im not second guess any coaches or any players But the "pony" backfield ont eh 3rd down chance against the donkeys worked really nice. I really think it wold give Defenses fits, plus we could stil have one or both ore even heath go out in a pattern instead of blocking:noidea::noidea:

One difference is that they lost one of their most vocal leaders on defense (Foote) and another player who was quite vocal (McFadden). People don't think that losing Foote was a big deal, but his loss has been felt in the chemistry of the team.

steeltheone
11-25-2009, 01:36 AM
One difference is that they lost one of their most vocal leaders on defense (Foote) and another player who was quite vocal (McFadden). People don't think that losing Foote was a big deal, but his loss has been felt in the chemistry of the team.

Just what we need, another 30 yr old defender. It's nice to keep guys around but youth has to be added. I'm afraid not enough changes were made. Farrior has lost a step and we really don't miss Smith at all. Love the guys. But at some point you start to slow down. You lose not only a step, but the hunger of the game.

Steelman16
11-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Just what we need, another 30 yr old defender. It's nice to keep guys around but youth has to be added. I'm afraid not enough changes were made. Farrior has lost a step and we really don't miss Smith at all. Love the guys. But at some point you start to slow down. You lose not only a step, but the hunger of the game.

Not to be edgy, but all of those guys you just mentioned play as hard as anyone in the league. There's a lot to be said for chemistry. Maybe Foote wasn't the flashiest, but he was always solid. And fit perfectly in with our guys. Farrior and Smith, they're old warriors. Sometimes they look and feel like that, but they'll always be the heady veterans that you never realize how much you depend on until they're gone.

Just cuz you're young and fast, don't mean you're good. Give the old guys some props.

stb_steeler
11-25-2009, 03:49 AM
Not to be edgy, but all of those guys you just mentioned play as hard as anyone in the league. There's a lot to be said for chemistry. Maybe Foote wasn't the flashiest, but he was always solid. And fit perfectly in with our guys. Farrior and Smith, they're old warriors. Sometimes they look and feel like that, but they'll always be the heady veterans that you never realize how much you depend on until they're gone.

Just cuz you're young and fast, don't mean you're good. Give the old guys some props.

I agree with you on that note...Look at the 70's Steelers there team was pretty much in tack during those years winning the SB's

Steelers>NFL
11-25-2009, 07:24 AM
How 'bout some dual-RB formations like Carolina uses?
Yeah! Too bad BA is too dumb as a rock to see that he could apply this to the Steeler's offense.

revefsreleets
11-25-2009, 10:12 AM
This just amazes me...

Dual-RB formations sell out just as badly as 5-wide. Also, how many weeks have we actually had both starting RB's healthy (when Mendy wasn't benched)? You naysaying Monday morning armchair QB's crack me up...

By the by, Parker has been sure classy about this whole situation. No complaints, no bellyaching, no grandstanding...many, if not MOST NFL RB's would be bitching up a storm, creating locker room poison over this kind of transition...

Galax Steeler
11-26-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't think you will hear a peep form Parker next year I would say he is gone after this year.

markymarc
11-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't think you will hear a peep form Parker next year I would say he is gone after this year.

I do agree with that. I loved everything FWP has done for this organization, but IMO he is definitely gone after this season. Then we pick up CJ Spiller in the first round :chuckle: