PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated and Underrated players

HinesWard4Life8682
03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
this is a very intresting arguments cuz of the different opinions people have.

Who do you think the most overrated and underrated players are in the NFL?

HinesWard4Life8682
03-17-2005, 03:47 PM
For overrated definitely Lavar Arrington and underrated nothing is coming to mind

BlitzburghRockCity
03-17-2005, 05:39 PM
overrated.. arrington comes to mind, Ray Lewis. yes I said big bad ray ray is overrated, and he is! !!

clevestinks
03-17-2005, 06:09 PM
What about Plaxico, wouldn`t you say he is over rated??
For us I always thought A.Smith was underrated, but that changed somewhat this year.
I think Kyle Boller is a little over rated.
And without a doubt Deion Sanders, how a bout a tackle now and then.
Also always thought Troy Edwards was over rated until he played against us this year then it seemed he was under rated. He never looked so good

ironcitychef
03-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Over - I'd have to go with either Keyshawn, Arrington, or Shockey. If these were elementary report cards they would get "doesn't fulfill potential".

Under - Recent would say Tom Brady. After 3 Super Bowls you think you would stop thinking he can't beat you. I always think of Swayze in "Roadhouse" when everyone keeps saying 'I'd thought you'd be bigger.' Fantasy Value - Fred Taylor. Can still make everyone miss when healthy and I don't think he has ever gone to a pro bowl.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-18-2005, 08:51 AM
What about Plaxico, wouldn`t you say he is over rated??
For us I always thought A.Smith was underrated, but that changed somewhat this year.
I think Kyle Boller is a little over rated.
And without a doubt Deion Sanders, how a bout a tackle now and then.
Also always thought Troy Edwards was over rated until he played against us this year then it seemed he was under rated. He never looked so good

good call clevestinks..I wasnt even thinking about our own players, but ur right.. A. Smith has definately been underrated, as has Marvel SMith, IMO..and up until this year, so has Jeff hartings. I think carson palmer has more of an upside that does boller.

Everybody and their brother questioned when we drafted edwards anyways.. he was the #3 in the big 3 of WR's in the first round that year, and since we missed out on the other 2.. BC was determind to get a WR in the first round.... shoulda waited bill, Troy was a FLOP and an half!!

HinesWard4Life8682
03-18-2005, 03:26 PM
john lynch and priest holmes just came to mind as overrated

HinesWard4Life8682
03-18-2005, 03:28 PM
good call clevestinks..I wasnt even thinking about our own players, but ur right.. A. Smith has definately been underrated, as has Marvel SMith, IMO..and up until this year, so has Jeff hartings. I think carson palmer has more of an upside that does boller.

Everybody and their brother questioned when we drafted edwards anyways.. he was the #3 in the big 3 of WR's in the first round that year, and since we missed out on the other 2.. BC was determind to get a WR in the first round.... shoulda waited bill, Troy was a FLOP and an half!!

THE MARVEL SMITH PART IS VERY TRUE. Him and Alan Faneca could be considered as the best left side on the o-line in the NFL

clevestinks
03-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Hines I kinda like Priest Holmes hes carried my fantasy team a few times

HinesWard4Life8682
03-18-2005, 09:08 PM
yeah priest puts up great numbers, but he has one of the greatest o-lines in a long time... i mean gimme another line that gives u 8 rushing TD's in one game

BB2W
03-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Overated= Mike Vick

Underated= Chris Chambers

HinesWard4Life8682
03-19-2005, 09:43 AM
i don't think mike vick is overrated..... look at his team when he was injured and now look at it when he came back

BB2W
03-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Mike Vick is an average QB that gets marketed as the best player in the NFL. He can play football. You can be a good football player and still be overated. He is overated by how much hype surrounds him.

It is like a basketball player who can't shoot a jumpshot being called the next Michael Jordan because he can dunk. I think he is an average QB that would be even worse without Algea Crumpler.

Besides, you asked what I think.......You should have started this thread as "Who HinesWard4Life8682 thinks is the most overated and underated players"

Who are you to question my choice........I think everyone would agree Mike Vick is more overated than Priest Holmes. Camon 30 td's give me a break.......look at Vicks stats.

clevestinks
03-19-2005, 02:18 PM
vicks a good one, an athlete yes he is, a qb ???????

JerseySTEEL
03-19-2005, 04:32 PM
hes nota QB if he was a RB id prob say best RB besides LT.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Mike Vick is an average QB that gets marketed as the best player in the NFL. He can play football. You can be a good football player and still be overated. He is overated by how much hype surrounds him.

It is like a basketball player who can't shoot a jumpshot being called the next Michael Jordan because he can dunk. I think he is an average QB that would be even worse without Algea Crumpler.

Besides, you asked what I think.......You should have started this thread as "Who HinesWard4Life8682 thinks is the most overated and underated players"

Who are you to question my choice........I think everyone would agree Mike Vick is more overated than Priest Holmes. Camon 30 td's give me a break.......look at Vicks stats.

ok chill im just saying i dont think hes overrated. i'm just trying to have a conversation don't cry u little girl. Mike vick is very dominate and could break open any game.

Falcon's record without him 5-11

with him 12-4

BB2W
03-19-2005, 10:51 PM
First off I am not a little girl..........second, I will come to Michigan and beat your eyes shut.

I was not mad or upset that you wanted to debate my choice, but coming from the guy that threw Priest Holmes' name in the mix has no credibility.

I think the change in win loss record was also related to the fact it was their second year with a new coach and a new system.

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Most overrated: Tom Brady/Ray Lewis/Eli Manning

Most underrated: Jerome Bettis/Hines Ward/Dan Kreider

~Samantha~

clevestinks
03-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Boys lets play nice, theres girls around. But I do agree the Priest shouldn`t be considered underrated, but we all have our own opinions.

AllAmer, I like the call on Eli, he might be great one of these days, but just cause he`s a manning ain`t poop. And he looks like a ten year old

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 08:11 PM
cleve i said he's overrated

and bigben2ward, easy hard guy

and samantha (thats ur name rite), i don't agree with u saying tom brady overrated cuz he doesnt have big time players around him yet he still gets the job done and gets his team 3 rings. but thats my opinion, hopefully u dont cry like bigben2ward

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
HinesWard4Life- I see where you are coming from about Tom Brady. What I really meant to say was that the whole Patriots team was overrated. I mean come on, a "dynasty?" The only true dynasty there ever was, was the 70's Steelers. A '"true" dynasty is when a team sticks together throughout all of the years they go to the SuperBowl. That means same players and same coaches. Patriots are not a true dynasty. But I am sorry about saying Tom Brady, I meant to say the Patriots in general.

~Samantha~
(And yes, that is my name:) )

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 09:13 PM
no its ok really just say what u want and mean but they are a very weird team. they are not talented but have one of the greatest coaches ever and they work together and always find a way to get it done sundays. the reason they are ogod is cuz they dont make stupid mistakes. but, i see where u are coming from when u say they are overrated. god i just wanted to beat them this year more than anything and they are kinda overrated

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Most underrated: Trent Dilfer.... :toofunny:

Ok, Underrated=Trent Green from KC....2 straight 4,000 yard seasons and no WRs to throw it to....Yet noone talks about him

Overrated=Eli Manning....WAHHHHH!!!! I WANT OUT OF SAN DIEGO!!! WHAAAAA!!! Look how good the Chargers did without the little baby

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah true about trent green, very tru, but he does have one of the greatest tight ends in the history of the NFL and he did lead the NFL in receptions so that is great. He also has a great run game. But, he is still underrated

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 09:53 PM
HinesWard4Life- I see where you are coming from about Tom Brady. What I really meant to say was that the whole Patriots team was overrated. I mean come on, a "dynasty?" The only true dynasty there ever was, was the 70's Steelers. A '"true" dynasty is when a team sticks together throughout all of the years they go to the SuperBowl. That means same players and same coaches. Patriots are not a true dynasty. But I am sorry about saying Tom Brady, I meant to say the Patriots in general.

~Samantha~
(And yes, that is my name:) )

The Pats are a dynasty. 3/4 = dynasty. Especially in the FA era. Not even the mighty 70s Steelers or 49ers of the 80s won 3 outta 4. That is a dynasty. A dynasty has nothing to do with players. A dynasty is winning the big game over and over again.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 09:56 PM
omg dont compare them to the steelers and steelcurtain Defense of the 70's

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Im not but they have the same amount of championships in smaller amount of time in a harder era so the Pats are damn good...DYNASTY, YES

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 10:03 PM
no they dont the steelers of the 70's had 4, not 3

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Well then Im wrong....sorry bout that, Im not a Steelers fan you know ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Dyansty is defined in different ways to different people...so to some they are one, and to others they arent. Personally, I hate the pats for obvious reasons, and that teams doesnt deserve the credit as much as Belicheck does.. he made that team and made them into something special. If you take that same group of guys over the last several years that they've won alot of games, and replace bill, with say, oh, butch davis for example... they go nowhere and probably dont win more than 4 games a season.

ironcitychef
03-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Sorry BRC, I'm opposite. In calling a dynasty, you can play sub in/sub out. Every team had a chance under its current rules to go out and do whatever to win. Some do, some don't. Don't blame them cause they did. Right now here's were I stand. I hate SF and DAL with their one extra in the closet. But hands down the greatest run, with the greatest players goes to us. Then I give it to Dallas with 3 in 4 because they have better names than NE, but then I rank NE up there with them and SF. I give WAS and SF credit for doing it over such larger gaps, but then considering their current ownership situations, I give more credit to our ownership team/family.

clevestinks
03-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Just imagine if Bradshaw, and Franco wouldn`t have had injuries in the two seasons between the bowl. Man 6 of 6 or even 5of 6

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
wow wouldnt that be crazy if that ahppend 6 bowls hehe.