PDA

View Full Version : Let's keep this all in perspective.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 11:28 PM
All year long nearly everyone on this board has taken the same line of thought as the Steelers players themselves.. 1 game at a time, never look ahead and assume nothing. Now we're finally here and playing in Super Bowl XL, after all these years the black n gold is back in the big dance.

Its gonna take a stellar effort, the likes of which we've had to dish out each and every week of our current 7 game winning streak. This will be no walk in park and it will be tough. The hawk's have a good team and have had an outstanding season. They're playoff wins came against teams that I think both sides can agree on, were no match for them, but none the less they won and they deserve to be here. So lets just make sure we dont get ahead of ourselves and start looking ahead before we play the game yet. We dont wanna jinx anything :wink:

All that being said, Im as confident as anyone that we can win this game and we can bring back the Lombardi trophy back to the Steel City and the Bus can retire with a ring a dream fulfilled. It just wouldnt get any better than that ! Yes I believe, and I can see the celebrations now after the game. Im just afraid to stop the thinking thats kept me grounded for the last 2 months or so and we've been continously winning.

Just my .02 on the pre SB week :cool:

DIESELMAN
01-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Some of us here might get ahead of ourselves from time to time leading up to XL and thats cool and is to be expected cuz its been a long time coming.This will be a tough game no doubt about it but also no tougher then facing the top 3 seeds to get here.I've got a really good feeling about this years STEELERS! In the past theres always been an uneasy feeling when they make the playoffs(barely squeaking by teams they should handle with ease) but this year the game planning has been off the charts...different for every opponent we've faced and executed to damn near unbelieveable perfection.This years team I can honestly say ARE taking it 1 game at a time...how sweet for Bettis to walk away from this game he loves so much with the elusive prize on his finger...These 2 weeks are going to be HELL but come gametime like yourself I DO BELIEVE!!!

augustashark
01-24-2006, 11:58 PM
It's just like Hardwork with a thin goodlooking skank!!!!!! Need to pace yourself!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Some of us here might get ahead of ourselves from time to time leading up to XL and thats cool and is to be expected cuz its been a long time coming.This will be a tough game no doubt about it but also no tougher then facing the top 3 seeds to get here.I've got a really good feeling about this years STEELERS! In the past theres always been an uneasy feeling when they make the playoffs(barely squeaking by teams they should handle with ease) but this year the game planning has been off the charts...different for every opponent we've faced and executed to damn near unbelieveable perfection.This years team I can honestly say ARE taking it 1 game at a time...how sweet for Bettis to walk away from this game he loves so much with the elusive prize on his finger...These 2 weeks are going to be HELL but come gametime like yourself I DO BELIEVE!!!

Very well put Diesel !! Rep points to you !

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 12:37 AM
All these posts are right on...except about which team will win:dang: . LOL. I know what you guys mean about not jinxing the game. I'm as supersticious as the next guy. At Sunday's game, my busddie and I did our everygame routine. Stopped at our favorite waterring holes before heading into Qwest Field. Had the same spicy polish at the same stand, etc.. The only difference was I didnlt get hammered like I did at the 'skins game. That was over the top. I'm too old to do that more than once or twice a season.

We have a guy (Mack Strong) who has been with the Seahawks for 13 years. He runs fullback smack for Shaun. He's our Bus and everyone wants to get him that ring. He doesn't get the adulation that the Bus gets but for Seahawk fans he's the object of our gratitude and affection for all those years he's dedicated himself to clearing paths for Shaun.

melroseplace
01-25-2006, 10:11 AM
I know it's hard not to look ahead...I really do feel like this is our year. but I keep telling myself to just be grateful we've gotten this far and that whatever's supposed to happen will happen. but it's hard to shake off this feeling I've got. I have faith in our guys tho...I know they can do this

BlackNGold203
01-25-2006, 10:23 AM
DIESELMAN made a great point..I too have a special feeling about this team. Their heads are in a good place...the coach is coaching to WIN..as compared to coaching not to lose...there appears to be a unified focus on the task at hand...the locker room after the Broncos game, although jubilant...was somewhat subdued...with the realization that the job is not finished.

Personally?..I'm thankful I have a business trip next week to occupy me...LOL...these 2 weeks are BRUTAL...LOL