PDA

View Full Version : This is the kinda stuff Seattle fans deal with

u-cant-pinch-a-lofa
01-25-2006, 01:19 AM
What's cooking steel city studs,

Just want to say again that I'm an obsessed seahawks fan, but my other team I idolize is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I couldn't be happier that the sb has both my favorite teams battling it out in 2 weeks.

Here is the kind of crap article from cold pizza's own, Skip Bayless. This article was written last week before the hawks neutered the panthers. Just wanted all you steeler fans to get a taste of the kinda disrespect the hawks get.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060120

Granted, to the relief of all of our emails to ole skippy, he did come right out and say, after the Carolina game, that he was dead wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060123

purty damn ignorant....

CASTEEL
01-25-2006, 01:37 AM
Bayless is CLUEless!!! While I don't readily have a link available for you, he also dissed the Steelers......before every one of their playoff games! The guy is pure shock journalism at its worst! Don't take anything that the idiot says as a true representation of someone who actually knows what the hell he's talking about!

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Bayless is CLUEless!!! While I don't readily have a link available for you, he also dissed the Steelers......before every one of their playoff games! The guy is pure shock journalism at its worst! Don't take anything that the idiot says as a true representation of someone who actually knows what the hell he's talking about!

...and consider that he sits opposite Woody Paige discussing the SB. Both are buffoons.

BlueTalon
01-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Bayless is CLUEless!!! While I don't readily have a link available for you, he also dissed the Steelers......before every one of their playoff games! The guy is pure shock journalism at its worst! Don't take anything that the idiot says as a true representation of someone who actually knows what the hell he's talking about!Man, you are so right about that. I was thinking as I was reading his recent article that if he didn't already have his job, there's no way he'd be hired to do it. Pathetic.

lotas
01-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Hey guys, at least you know he feels like a complete dumbass and failure right now...:)

shutdown
01-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Some of us wrote some things Skip has said about the Steelers on his goofy "Cold Pizza" show. All of this was said Prior to the Steelers vs. Colts game. (before he jumped on the bandwagon)

"The Steelers do not belong in the playoffs. When the Colts beat them the NFL playoffs will be free of dirty teams."

"The Steelers are all talk. All Bark, Never any Bite."

"The Steelers talk trash week in and week out and never back it up. They are a pathetic team who squeaked into the playoffs."

"You may like the chin master Woody, but he has been a coach for 15 years and has done squat. That is pretty pathetic if you asked me." Out of the 8 coaches in the playoffs he ranked Bill Cowher 8th and wished he could put him lower.

"These Steelers sure do talk a lot for having such lack of talent."

"The Colts are not only going to Destroy the Steelers, they are going to flat out embarass them. The Colts will expose these Steelers and the lack of talent they have".

Steeler fans are well aware of the things Skip says. He changes his opinion so fast its amazing.

Infamix
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Skip Bayless is a notorious moron, and the two teams he constantly bashed are now in the Superbowl...wonder what he has to say now.

Steel - X
01-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Lets not talk about this guy. Being an avid Buckeyes fan and when the bucs beet Miami in the Fiesta a few years back that guy still talking that the Hurricanes got screwed. The only reason I have not watched Cold Pizza is because of him.

SalukiSteelers
01-25-2006, 09:23 AM
The thing you've gotta understand about Bayless, aka the Cobra, is that he was a columnist in Dallas during the Cowboys great run so he doesn't think any current NFL team is worthy of anything but his scorn. Bayless tried to write for the Chicago Tribune but the fact that he sucked got him run from town after less than two years. Balyless is a short, small, stiff, bitter little man who seems to hate everything but Skipn Bayless. I hope the guy's made a ton of money so he'll retire soon.

Infamix
01-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Was it him that wrote a book and in it claimed that Troy Aikman is gay?

83-Steelers-43
01-25-2006, 10:31 AM
We (steeler fans) have been dealing with Woody and Skip's comments for the last three weeks straight. From Woody Paige accusing Kimo of intentionally injuring Carson Palmer to Skip Bayless tearing down Joey Porter week in and week out while also stating we are a dirty team that is all talk and no bite. Plus, they have picked the Bengals, Colts and Broncos week in and week out.

Woody Paige is a just a clown in my opinion. I can't take anything the guy says seriously. I'm convinced Skip Bayless hates us for some reason. Did Cowher beat up his mother or something?

Then yesterday, on Around the Horn I heard Woody Paige stating this Super Bowl is boring compared to ones past. That it doesn't have good side stories. I guess If you don't have a loud mouth, trouble making WR on your team that fights with his QB and coaching staff your not an interesting or worthy team for the Super Bowl. This is how we set our standards now in Super Bowl? Screw it. Let's not put the two best teams in football in there, let's put the Vikings in there since they have had enough "side stories" this season and let's put in the Colts, because we all want to see water head get a Super Bowl ring.

All I have to say......we have a team that never won a Super Bowl in the Super Bowl and we have a team that hasn't won one in 25 years, with the Bus coming home and trying to win one in his home town and we have a head coach that is trying to get his first after coming very close. Give me those story lines over some punk WR with an attitude problem that fights with the people that pay his check anyday.

Avoid Lloyd
01-25-2006, 11:02 AM
We (steeler fans) have been dealing with Woody and Skip's comments for the last three weeks straight. From Woody Paige accusing Kimo of intentionally injuring Carson Palmer to Skip Bayless tearing down Joey Porter week in and week out while also stating we are a dirty team that is all talk and no bite. Plus, they have picked the Bengals, Colts and Broncos week in and week out.

Woody Paige is a just a clown in my opinion. I can't take anything the guy says seriously. I'm convinced Skip Bayless hates us for some reason. Did Cowher beat up his mother or something?

Then yesterday, on Around the Horn I heard Woody Paige stating this Super Bowl is boring compared to ones past. That it doesn't have good side stories. I guess If you don't have a loud mouth, trouble making WR on your team that fights with his QB and coaching staff your not an interesting or worthy team for the Super Bowl. This is how we set our standards now in Super Bowl? Screw it. Let's not put the two best teams in football in there, let's put the Vikings in there since they have had enough "side stories" this season and let's put in the Colts, because we all want to see water head get a Super Bowl ring.

All I have to say......we have a team that never won a Super Bowl in the Super Bowl and we have a team that hasn't won one in 25 years, with the Bus coming home and trying to win one in his home town and we have a head coach that is trying to get his first after coming very close. Give me those story lines over some punk WR with an attitude problem that fights with the people that pay his check anyday.

Well said.

Chronicgaming
01-25-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree with you on that one totally. Woody and Skip were up to the "this Superbowl is not exciting" talk again today. Comments like "Payton and Eli would have been a good match" and something about how Seattle in Detriot were like a double negative were thrown around many times. I don't know about you guys, but it doesn't get any better than having a team that beat the top 3 seeds in the AFC and a first-time appearance in the Superbowl in the NFC. Both teams earned it and I think it will be a good game.

BlueTalon
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
:iagree: 83 Steelers 43, Excellent post! :cheers: It's going to be a great game. There are good storylines and matchups all over the place. One of the best things about it is two teams are going at it who were underestimated by the mediots, who now have to try to explain why they still have any credibility as they comment on the upcoming game. :toast:

SteelCityPride
01-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Bottom line is the only broadcaster who loves to give the steelers props is Merrill Hodge. Pretty much for me any time spent in front of the tv is watching some sort of sports broadcast and I have repeatedly watch these sports broadcasters hate on the Steelers. I watch Sean Salisbury predict the Bengals to be too high powered for the Steelers, then the Colts game would be closer than the first meeting but the outcome would be the same. After all this he sat there on tv and said, besides being turned down the previous two weeks he still had to go with his gut feeling and pick the broncos.

I have gotten to the point where when they pick games I turn the tv station just because these people are never right.

What I propose is these sportscaster's pick their games, then weekly they come on after the games are over and go through their picks for the week to say what happened. Then, after the year is over notice that most of these guys aren't even batting .250 which pretty much gets you benched in the Majors unless you have one hell of a glove.

These guys are lunatics. If only Myron were still on it would be the same as it always has, tv on and muted with radio broadcast playing, soo much more pleasing to watch a game like that.

BlueTalon
01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Sean Salisbury predicted a Panther win over the Seahawks, and I think he predicted they would win the Super Bowl too, if I remember correctly. I haven't listened to much of anything he has said since the weekend, so I don't know how he's handled the Panther thing, but I think I heard him predict a Steeler victory in the big dance.

SteelCityPride
01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Sean Salisbury predicted a Panther win over the Seahawks, and I think he predicted they would win the Super Bowl too, if I remember correctly. I haven't listened to much of anything he has said since the weekend, so I don't know how he's handled the Panther thing, but I think I heard him predict a Steeler victory in the big dance.
God, I hope he doesnt predict the steelers to win!

BlueTalon
01-25-2006, 11:40 AM
God, I hope he doesnt predict the steelers to win!LOL!!! I think it's the result of leftover bitterness over getting canned as a Seahawks backup QB. :cool:

u-cant-pinch-a-lofa
01-25-2006, 11:41 AM
merrill hodge was one of the few who has watched hawk games this year. He predicted this super bowl and was always shaking his head w/ a smile as other analysts blasted the steelers and hawks...its all good now

SteelCityPride
01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Did anyone see the series of episodes of Pardon The Interruption where Wilborn picked the Colts to "Demolish" the Steelers and Kornheiser kept riding him for that and then Wilborn tried to say it was Kornheiser who made the comments. I was glad to see him eat his word. I love the show, but once again, stupidity.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Skip Clueless is a douche,I don't know how he keeps his job.Woody isn't the greatest,but at least he's funny.

MNsteelers
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Being an average sports writer without the exposure Skip Bayless and Woody Paige have, I can say from the inside they are simply two characters who get paid a lot of money to offend the largest fan bases and the best teams in the country. Simply put, their paychecks are solely determined and what outlandish and flamboyant things agitate the largest number of people to get people like us riled up and mentioning their names every chance we get. There is no such thing as bad attention. The more they get, the more obnoxious they will be. Not very difficult to do. I wrote the Open Letter To Broncos Fans, and pissed them off so much, I'll write another one about the Seahawks

lotas
01-25-2006, 05:31 PM
"I see a Denver-Carolina Superbowl in our future"
-Shannon Sharpe

lol nailed that one!