PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Thanksgiving "What I am Thankful For" Thread.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my SteelersFever family!!!

I am thankful for a God bigger than my understanding.

I am thankful for my family...A beautiful wife...a son quickly becoming a man of integrity...a beautiful talented daughter (who's b-ball team is going into regionals with a record of 22-0)!!!

I am thankful for my country. Thankful for my freedoms. Thankful for the privilidge of serving this country through the armed forces, and thankful for those brave Men & Women serving today.

devilsdancefloor
11-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I am thankful for a loving wife and 4 children. I may not be the richest man in terms of dollars and cents, but i feel like i am the richest man on the planet with the love and caring family i have.

I am thankful to have been born in the greatest country in the world a country i served and would be more than willing to serve again in a moments notice.

Im thankful for all the men and women and families of those serving in the military today.

Im thankful for all my friends

Im thankful for all those who i have met here. some i do not agree with politically or on football, but all of you guys are wonderful.

Im thankful for al the great football the steelers have provide me over the years and on the same token all the heart breaking games. :drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I am thankful for a loving wife and 4 children. I may not be the richest man in terms of dollars and cents, but i feel like i am the richest man on the planet with the love and caring family i have.

I am thankful to have been born in the greatest country in the world a country i served and would be more than willing to serve again in a moments notice.

Im thankful for all the men and women and families of those serving in the military today.

Im thankful for all my friends

Im thankful for all those who i have met here. some i do not agree with politically or on football, but all of you guys are wonderful.

Im thankful for al the great football the steelers have provide me over the years and on the same token all the heart breaking games. :drink:

:applaudit:

Christian Snyder
11-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm thankful that God sent his only son (Jesus Christ) to die on a cross so that I could have eternal life.

I'm thankful for a loving Mother and Father.

I'm thankful for the all friends and relatives that I have.

I'm thankful for all the Men and Women who have served this country.

I'm thankful for my 3 cats, 1 dog, and 3 horses.

I really could go on and on... But I don't feel like it.:chuckle:

xfl2001fan
11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm thankful for my wife and 6 (yes six) wonderful kids.

I'm thankful that I can still be a part of the greatest military on the planet...and that I serve in a unit that is much more like family than a collection of individuals.

I'm thankful for all my friends (even those that cheer for a team with such ugly Black and Gold uniforms :flap:) , and that I live in the greatest nation in our world today.

I'm thankful for those that served before me...for it is through people like LLT, that I stand ready today...with the ability to be thankful for the many things I am thankful for.

Texasteel
11-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful for the love of a beautiful and an amazing woman.

I am thankful for all my friend here. God bless you all.

Preacher
11-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I am thankful for threads like these that help me up my postcount.

:chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
11-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I am thankful for threads like these that help me up my postcount.

:chuckle:

:kick: :shake01: :chair:

revefsreleets
11-25-2009, 06:40 PM
My DVR.

God Bless my DVR!

Christian Snyder
11-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Preacher, :chuckle: :pw::nono:

fansince'76
11-25-2009, 07:29 PM
My family, my friends, my health, my job, and my new house - in that order.

Godfather
11-25-2009, 08:44 PM
My little nieces and my doggies and kitty.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2009, 10:53 PM
-My Family that has been there through it all.
-My Friends that have been supportive of me and have helped me get through the dramas I have faced so far this year as a senior in high school.
-Being fortunate enough to have played football for 9 years
-Getting accepted to my dream school and having the ability to be around for my friends who will still be going to my high school next year.
-Within the last year I got to be part of District Championship Football team, and live to see the Steelers win the Super Bowl, and Penguins win the Stanley Cup
-I have a job

HometownGal
11-26-2009, 05:40 AM
The love of my life, who passed away recently, for all of the love, support, laughs and wonderful memories he gave me. :tombstone: :love:, my beautiful children and grandsons, my Mom and my late Father for giving me, as an ophaned infant, the most wonderful life a child could have, my many friends, both in real time and here at SF who I am truly blessed to have in my life, our servicemen and women who protect us and this great country that I love with all my heart, and for God giving me yet another day to experience this awesome ride called LIFE. :thumbsup:

AND, last but not least - that I was born a Steelers fan! :tt02:

I wish all of you and your loved ones a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving Day! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Galax Steeler
11-26-2009, 06:22 AM
I just want to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving Day

TheWarDen86
11-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Steelers friends and our troops both home and abroad.

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 09:33 AM
First of all HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1. Im thankful for my loving family and my girlfriend
2. Im thankful for all the men and women who have served this country
3. Im thankful for being able to live in a country with freedom like our own.
4. Im thankful (of course) for my Dad raising me a PITTSBURGH STEELER FAN!!

Im thankful for alot of things in life and im happy to see other people are too.

Vincent
11-26-2009, 11:51 AM
By the President of the United States of America. a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor--and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be--That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks--for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation--for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war--for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed--for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted--for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions--to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually--to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed--to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness onto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord--To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us--and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New-York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789. George Washington

Every generation of Americans needs to know that freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought. Pope John Paul II October 9, 1995

My humble thanks to those that walked before me. My deepest respect and thanks to those who risk all to defend this union.

Yankee by birth. Southern by marriage. American by the Grace of God.

hindes204
11-26-2009, 01:30 PM
- I am thankful for God bringing my beautiful wife and her two wonderful children into my life. It is the holidays that are the hardest being away from them, and i miss them dearly

- I am thankful that I get to serve in the military of the greatest nation on earth, and thankful for all of those who served before me

- I am thankful that this deployment is nearing its end, and i will be able to spend Christmas with my family

- I am thankful to be born and raised in the heart of Pittsburgh, and growing up with a family full of die hard steeler fans

Big7BenHOF
11-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm thankful of my loving family, who have supported me in every way possible.

I'm thankful for being free and living in a country where I am free to do whatever I desire.

I'm thankful for all of the men and women serving our country to provide our freedom.

And I'm thankful for Steelers football!

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm also thankful for Pumpkin Pie!

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm also thankful for Pumpkin Pie!

ME TOO.....i had more then my share of pumpkin pie today lol

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 09:29 PM
ME TOO.....i had more then my share of pumpkin pie today lol
I love Pumpkin Pie!!! If you don't like Pumpkin Pie there's something wrong with you. LOL

Shea
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I love Pumpkin Pie!!! If you don't like Pumpkin Pie there's something wrong with you. LOL

There's something wrong with me then. I can't stand pumpkin pie but I made up for it in other areas. I think my belly just might burst.

And I hope everyone here had a wonderful Thanksgiving today!

devilsdancefloor
11-26-2009, 09:38 PM

something wrong with me . i'd rather have a another helping of taters and noodles (my mom makes the best egg noodles int he world:P)

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 09:39 PM
There's something wrong with me then. I can't stand pumpkin pie but I made up for it in other areas. I think my belly just might burst.

Well, you have 2 problems then... 1. You don't like Pumpkin Pie and 2. You're a Yankee fan I do belive. It should be illegal to both be a Yankee fan and not like Pumpkin Pie.

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 09:41 PM
something wrong with me . i'd rather have a another helping of taters and noodles (my mom makes the best egg noodles int he world:P)
I already knew there was something wrong with you, I could just sense it.:wink02::chuckle:

Shea
11-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, you have 2 problems then... 1. You don't like Pumpkin Pie and 2. You're a Yankee fan I do belive. It should be illegal to both be a Yankee fan and not like Pumpkin Pie.

No need to attack me and point out my flaws, Christian. :wink02:

And I'm not really a Yankee fan, just didn't want to see Philly win, so I'm technically only pumkin pie impaired!

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 09:44 PM
No need to attack me and point out my flaws, Christian. :wink02:

And I'm not really a Yankee fan, just didn't want to see Philly win, so I'm technically only pumkin pie impaired!
Okay, then who are you a fan of then?

Shea
11-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Okay, then who are you a fan of then?

I would like to see the Oakland A's succeed in the future, since I grew up on A's baseball and have been to a ton of games, but it's hard to follow them now with the way they currently run the team.

I'd love for the Pirates to do well also, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon either.

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I would like to see the Oakland A's succeed in the future, since I grew up on A's baseball and have been to a ton of games, but it's hard to follow them now with the way they currently run the team.

I'd love for the Pirates to do well also, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon either.
The Pirates are the MLB's farm system.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 05:49 AM

I'm with you Shea...which brings me to this:

I'm thankful for antacids.:sadpace: