PDA

View Full Version : MNF Pats vs Saints - who will win?

BrandonCarr39
11-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Used to live in New Orleans for some 20 years before the storm hit, then moved back to North Texas. But continue to follow this team, and they've been much more successful under Sean Payton consistently than under any other coach in Saints history(Payton, IMHO, has a good system going with them).

A classic nailbiter, the Dome will be wild, but I think the Pats will pull it out in the final moments.

fansince'76
11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I hope the Saints smoke them.

Godfather
11-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't bet money either way, but you have to like the Saints' chances. New England's defense isn't what it used to be and the Patriots* haven't fared well against good teams the last couple of years.

Used to live in New Orleans for some 20 years before the storm hit, then moved back to North Texas. But continue to follow this team, and they've been much more successful under Sean Payton consistently than under any other coach in Saints history(Payton, IMHO, has a good system going with them).

I probably asked before but where did you live? I lived at the corner of Napoleon and Baronne (2 blocks off St Charles) when the storm hit and I lived in Algiers Point for a few years before that. I went back in October 2005 and worked for a couple months, then moved to the MS Coast. I'd been planning on leaving NOLA for a while and Katrina speeded up the process.

BrandonCarr39
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't bet money either way, but you have to like the Saints' chances. New England's defense isn't what it used to be and the Patriots* haven't fared well against good teams the last couple of years.

Not to mention too NE's coaching staff has been gutted since their 3rd Super Bowl win - now their OC is down to some guy with very little experience. The assistant coaching staff means ALOT - look at Bill Parcells over the years when he didn't have his regular guys(i.e. in Dallas, he had an average one at best). Andy Reid, OTOH, he's been fortunate to keep his staff intact throughout his entire tenure in Philly.

I probably asked before but where did you live? I lived at the corner of Napoleon and Baronne (2 blocks off St Charles) when the storm hit and I lived in Algiers Point for a few years before that. I went back in October 2005 and worked for a couple months, then moved to the MS Coast. I'd been planning on leaving NOLA for a while and Katrina speeded up the process.

For about 15 years, I lived on Freret St across from both universities(Tulane and Loyola), then I moved to River Ridge in the summer of 2001, an lived there until a year after the storm hit. During the evacuation period of a month(Jefferson Parish residents were the first ones they allowed back in), I was in SW Louisiana with my brother, and in Ohio for about a week with my dad's family. I lived in North Texas throughout the 80's, which is why we ended up moving back here.

Hope everything turned out OK overall for you.

Christian Snyder
11-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I think the Saints will beat the Patriots*.GO SAINTS!!!!

tony hipchest
11-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Not to mention too NE's coaching staff has been gutted since their 3rd Super Bowl win - now their OC is down to some guy with very little experience. The assistant coaching staff means ALOT - look at Bill Parcells over the years when he didn't have his regular guys(i.e. in Dallas, he had an average one at best). Andy Reid, OTOH, he's been fortunate to keep his staff intact throughout his entire tenure in Philly.

to an extent...

jim johnson just passed, and childress is coaching the vikings, and harbaugh, the ravens (both have proven far more worthy than any belichick disciple who has gotten a HC job.)

im not sure if its d. scharnechia calling the plays (hes been there for years). i think youre right, it is some new intern or something. regardless it is brady's and belichicks offense and either will over turn a call if they see fit and teach the coordinator on the fly.

i think the saints are actually being over looked in this one and have shown that even if they get down, they can come back swinging. the patriots rarely face opponents like that, and when they do its usually the colts punching them in the mouth.

saints win.

KeiselPower99
11-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Saints. And I hope its a blowout.

The Patriot
11-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Patriots!

Don't kid yourselves. You'll only get hurt again. :tt:

MACH1
11-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Saints blow out the cheats*

tony hipchest
11-26-2009, 12:14 AM
im not kidding myself. im pretty sure no matter what happens, the patriots got the answer written on the bottom of their shoe?

but then again, i guess it doesnt matter what the coaches call (with or without cheating or genius or any other advantage) it still all boils down to having the players capable of "executing".

hmmmm... :scratchchin:

conundrum

devilsdancefloor
11-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Patriots!

Saints and i lmao all the way to car after the indy game so who is kidding who

The Patriot
11-26-2009, 12:42 AM
im not kidding myself. im pretty sure no matter what happens, the patriots got the answer written on the bottom of their shoe?

but then again, i guess it doesnt matter what the coaches call (with or without cheating or genius or any other advantage) it still all boils down to having the players capable of "executing".

hmmmm... :scratchchin:

conundrum

Game preparation is key.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/gameplan.png

tony hipchest
11-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Game preparation is key.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/gameplan.png

ouch. that hurts. your not suggesting that matt cassell is more capable of executing a gameplan than ben is, are you?

mike ditka said a funny thing on the radio this morning sorta pertaining to the steelers/cheifs game. it was a reference to parcells and a head coach being able to cook the meal and being able to shop for his own groceries (i forget which coach or team he was particularly referring to)-

"you cant win a horse race with a donkey"

what i saw last sunday in KC was 22 thoroughbreds vs. 22 donkeys...

i guess horses have a jockey for a reason. :noidea:

Shea
11-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Patriots!

The dork.......

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/Tinkas82/bradylol.jpg

is coming to the dome.....:sofunny:

I put my money on the Saints. This team seems to personify the community and what they've been through. A tough resilent people that have come together in the face of tragedy and found solace in their football team.

Compare that to the Pats* and what they've contributed through their actions, and well........:sofunny:. Nothing positive comes to mind, and god trust me I've tried. Classless cheats is all I've got and nothing else.

No offense of course to you Patriot.

I do think karma is going to continue to bite your Pats* in the ass though, and I believe it will rear it's head to get ya in New Orleans. Go Saints!:tt:

Galax Steeler
11-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Go Saints beat there ass

silver & black
11-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't know who will win, but I sure hope the team that does will "Brees" through the game without any problems. :wink02:

steel striker
11-26-2009, 09:57 AM
The saints because, the cheats are the most hated team in the NFL.

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Im going with the usual prediction and saying the saints as well. Sharper picks brady TWICE! and returns one to the house haha

Indo
11-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Is this really a question?

Pats* will not have an answer for the Saints O.

As far as NOLA goes....
I lived in the Garden District for about 7 years, then in the Mid-City area just above Fontainebleu for about 7 years; then on the West Bank in Park Timbers (off of Gen. DeGaulle) until the Storm. Stayed there thru Katrina and helped evac people out of Touro Infirmary until the Friday after. Went to stay with relatives in Memphis for about 5 weeks. Then went back to Touro for about a year and a half. Finally moved to Selma, AL in Sept. 2007 because there just weren't enough patients to go around at Touro.

Selma sucks. I'd give anything to be back in the Big Easy. (or The Burgh!)

revefsreleets
11-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I concur...NE's D isn't good enough to stop NO's offense...