PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thanksgiving Thoughts 2009

redundantman
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
1. Pie.

2. My Thanksgiving got much easier when I finally realized I could leave the lights on the Christmas tree and just collapse it and tie it into the box. The lights always take the most time.

3. America was the first country to declare a national holiday about giving thanks. And for those of you who don’t know the Pilgrims did not give thanks to the Indians for saving their lives. They gave thanks that they were no longer British.

4. The challenge for modern Thanksgiving celebrators is to be thankful for the football on Thanksgiving day; even when it features the Lion and the Cowboys.

5. The NFL Network doesn’t count. They have had some terrible Thanksgiving day games. In 2007 the 9-2 Colts clobbered the 3-8 Falcons 31-13. In 2008 the Cardinals got drubbed by the Eagles 48-20. 2009 features the Giants and the Broncos: two teams who, after fast starts have spent the past month desperately trying to figure out just how much they suck.

6. The Lions and the Cowboys both have silver and blue as their colors. The Lions and Cowboys both play Thanksgiving day games regardless of their organizational ineptitude or their being quarterbacked by Tony Romo. The NFL is not a meritocracy in its broadcasting.

7. The last time the Steelers played on Thanksgiving day they lost to the Lions. In the notorious “coin flip” game Jerome Bettis said “Its heads” and the referee heard “Tails.”

8. Pie. Thanksgiving is not about turkey and stuffing. It’s about pie. You must eat three slices of pie in order to properly celebrate Thanksgiving.

9. My wife got up at 4:00 AM with two of my daughters and they started cooking. When I finally woke up at 5:30 AM the house was infused with the smells that are only present on Thanksgiving day. And yes, I was reminded of how fortunate I am.

10. Yeah, I complain about the lame football games but I will watch them nonetheless. I complain about setting up the tree but I will enjoy it nonetheless. I complain because it’s fun to complain and as everyone knows, complainers make the most pleasant company. So thank you for joining me today.

11. Thank God for this day.

12. Thank God for allowing us to see another year.

13. Thank God for our families.

14. Thank God for our soldiers.

15. Thank God for our lousy economy because a lousy economy is better than no economy.

16. Thank God if you have a job and if you don’t thank Him for the one you WILL get.

17. And thank God for putting the Steeler Nation at the pinnacle of the modern NFL.

18. Happy Thanksgiving.

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Great read as always man, and i promise ill celebrate thanksgiving properly, 3 slices of pie will be ate haha

Happy Thanksgiving

redundantman
11-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Great read as always man, and i promise ill celebrate thanksgiving properly, 3 slices of pie will be ate haha

Happy Thanksgiving
Thanks!

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I ate 2 slices of Pumpkin Pie, is that properly celebrating thanksgiving? Please, tell me I need to eat another piece of Pie... I LOVE ME SOME PUMPKIN PIE!

Gnutella
11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
By the way, the Steelers lost to the Lions on November 26. :(

markymarc
11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Excellent work redundantman. Happy Thanksgiving to the entire Steeler Nation and all of their family members!

redundantman
11-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I ate 2 slices of Pumpkin Pie, is that properly celebrating thanksgiving? Please, tell me I need to eat another piece of Pie... I LOVE ME SOME PUMPKIN PIE!
2 pieces does not cut it!
Sheesh ... and you call yourself a Steelers fan ? ....

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
2 pieces does not cut it!
Sheesh ... and you call yourself a Steelers fan ? ....
I'm going to eat my 3rd slice in a minute.:chuckle: I'm serious.

EDIT, I ate it.:chuckle: Pumpkin Pie rules! :chuckle:

markymarc
11-27-2009, 01:24 PM
And now for the next few days we can all enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers!!!!!!

Christian Snyder
11-27-2009, 04:06 PM
And now for the next few days we can all enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers!!!!!!
Including leftover Pumpkin Pie!

stb_steeler
11-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Is eating a whole pie count?......Cause i ate the whole thing lastnight due to stress this week from the passing of my little buddy (dog). Eating the whole thing with out thinking twice. I guess im thankful the 17 years i had with him anyhow!

Christian Snyder
11-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Is eating a whole pie count?......Cause i ate the whole thing lastnight due to stress this week from the passing of my little buddy (dog). Eating the whole thing with out thinking twice. I guess im thankful the 17 years i had with him anyhow!
Sorry to hear about your dog....One of my dogs died in '06 or '07 and that was a very sad time.:crying01:

stb_steeler
11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog....One of my dogs died in '06 or '07 and that was a very sad time.:crying01:

Thanks Bro......I know what ya mean it was the hardest thing to put him down. Things like this seam to always happen around the holidays.

markymarc
11-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Including leftover Pumpkin Pie!

Nothing is exempt for the leftover list :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Nothing is exempt for the leftover list :chuckle:
:chuckle:

4xSBChamps
11-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog....One of my dogs died in '06 or '07 and that was a very sad time. :crying01:

One of my bestest & longest-term friends, 40+ years, and the man who built & maintained my race-car, died the day-after Thanksgiving, following surgery:
my Dad died 2 days after the Super Bowl, and another racing-couple lost their 7 year-old daughter to leukemia in August

other-than Championships for 'em Stillers & the Penguins, 2009 has blown-goats

:mad:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
One of my bestest & longest-term friends, 40+ years, and the man who built & maintained my race-car, died the day-after Thanksgiving, following surgery:
my Dad died 2 days after the Super Bowl, and another racing-couple lost their 7 year-old daughter to leukemia in August

other-than Championships for 'em Stillers & the Penguins, 2009 has blown-goats

:mad:
My one Grandfather Died this year and my one Grandmother died this year also.... So, I've had a crappy year also.

redundantman
11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Well prayers for all you guys. Losing loved ones is difficult.

2009 has been a lousy year for me as well. Its why I'm all the more grateful for the diversion of my favorite football team.

Mags87
11-28-2009, 09:34 PM
if my memory serves me right, Bettis called tails, and the ref heard heads.

stb_steeler
11-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Well prayers for all you guys. Losing loved ones is difficult.

2009 has been a lousy year for me as well. Its why I'm all the more grateful for the diversion of my favorite football team.

Here, Here. Good to know we have the Steelers around to follow !!!