PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Games Thread

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 12:28 PM
3 games on turkey day

12:30 Lions vs. Packers
4:15 Raiders vs. Cowboys
8:20 Giants vs. Broncos

I do not know about anyone else but ill be watching these games, the 1st 2 seem like givens on who will win and the last one is a toss up between 2 teams breaking down in front of us lol

cubanstogie
11-26-2009, 01:38 PM
3 games on turkey day

I do not know about anyone else but ill be watching these games, the 1st 2 seem like givens on who will win and the last one is a toss up between 2 teams breaking down in front of us lol

I am at work, so I will be watching every minute of every game. I can't wait for the late game though. I am obviously rooting for the Giants for obvious reasons. But can't remember the last time I cheered for ELI. Oh it just came to me, the SB win over the Cheatriots.

OneForTheToe
11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
The Lions are the Lions .... that is all.

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 01:55 PM
The Lions are the Lions .... that is all.

This is true. :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 02:42 PM
3 games on turkey day

I wouldn't be so sure that the Cowgirls will beat the Raiders.... In the Cowgirls last 2 games combined they have a WHOPPING 14 offensive points.. The Raiders have a okay-decent (notice I said OKAY-DECENT) defense and they have a good running game... They might even have a decent passing game now that they've Bradkowski, but I haven't seen enough to really say that he is a decent QB. On other words, I think it's very possible that the Raiders will beat the Cryboys.

If the Raiders beat the Cryboys, I'll be rooting for the Giants to beat the Broncos... The last think I want is the Cryboys to win the NFC East.

4xSBChamps
11-26-2009, 03:58 PM
3 games on turkey day

Looking-back at the late-'60s thru early-'80s, it's hard to believe these 2 franchises never played each-other in the SB

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Looking-back at the late-'60s thru early-'80s, it's hard to believe these 2 franchises never played each-other in the SB
The Steelers are the reason this hasn't happened, aren't they?.::sign01:

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 05:25 PM
10-0 Cowboys. I hope the Raiders score on this drive.

4xSBChamps
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
The Steelers are the reason this hasn't happened, aren't they?.::sign01:
By my count, only once, when Pittsburgh won the '75 AFC Championship game from the Raiders, while Dallas was winning the NFC title, for Super Bowl X.

Had the Raiders beaten the Colts in the '70 AFC Champhionship Game, or Denver in '77, or the Crygirls won the '67 'Ice Bowl' or the '80 NFC Championship game, they'd have faced Oakland in those years, so 'em Stillers weren't solely-responsible for keeping these 2 from playing for a Lombardi Trophy

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Okay, but the Steelers the reason it didn't happen in '75.

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 05:43 PM
17-0 Cowboys... I'm getting sick because of this game.:puke:

4xSBChamps
11-26-2009, 05:48 PM
17-0 Cowboys... I'm getting sick because of this game.:puke:

have-faith..... Carrie Underwood's-ex will crap the bed come December

MasterOfPuppets
11-26-2009, 05:58 PM
the pile of "traditional" suck has infested tv's all across the nation once again. could they have possibly found 2 shittier games for today ? any game detroit plays in should NEVER be a nationaly televised game. they should be banned from tv until they win at least 8 games.( in a single season, not a 4 year period)

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
the pile of "traditional" suck has infested tv's all across the nation once again. could they have possibly found 2 shittier games for today ? any game detroit plays in should NEVER be a nationaly televised game. they should be banned from tv until they win at least 8 games.( in a single season, not a 4 year period)
No, the games today couldn't be any worse.

silver & black
11-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Ok...... back to being the Raiders :shake01:

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Did you ever stop being the Raiders?

Shea
11-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone watching the Broncs/Giants game?

I'm surprised by what's happened to the G-Men lately, they aren't looking so good.

I'm pretty sure I saw Eli say the F word too. I didn't know he had it in him. :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM

I'm surprised by what's happened to the G-Men lately, they aren't looking so good.

I'm pretty sure I saw Eli say the F word too. I didn't know he had it in him. :chuckle:
Yes, I'm watching it.

The Giants don't seem to have the running game they had in '07 or last year for that matter and I don't know why?

Shea
11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Yep, their running game is chuffed. (I learned a new word today :sofunny:)

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Yep, their running game is chuffed. (I learned a new word today :sofunny:)
So did I.:chuckle:

BrandonCarr39
11-26-2009, 11:13 PM

Broncos are just playing out of their minds - they're at home, they're angry coming off a 4 game skid, and Brian Dawkins is gonna be a HUGE asset for that team down the stretch(alot like how he was for Philly all those years in their stretch runs).

There's a LONG way to go in this playoff race - Giants' next 2 games will be hosting Dallas and Philly - Dallas(as much as I hate to say it) sucks in Dec(and RT Marc Columbo's loss could be HUGE, as they're going to face a whole bunch of speed rushers next month), and Philly will be their revenge 40-17 loss at the Linc a month ago. And then they have lowly Washington afterwards.

The NFC WC race is WIDE open - my guess is that both of the teams will be 9-7.

The Patriot
11-27-2009, 01:12 AM

Man, that must have been tough.

At least I got another short for my collection. :sofunny:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/raidersfail.gif

4xSBChamps
11-27-2009, 05:53 AM
The Giants don't seem to have the running game they had in '07 or last year for that matter and I don't know why?

I'm wasn't a fan of his, but how-much did the NYG running game rely on the threat of throwing the ball to Plexiglass, and has his absence hurt their ability to run the football:
how-much has Manning's passing-numbers changed since he capped himself?

revefsreleets
11-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Well, at least the Texas/Texas A&M game was pretty decent...

silver & black
11-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Did you ever stop being the Raiders?

Yes... around the mid 80's.

Christian Snyder
11-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes... around the mid 80's.
:chuckle: I wouldn't know those Raiders... I was only born in 1996. In fact,the only really good Raiders team I remember is the 2002 Raiders and even that memory is a little vague..

BrandonCarr39
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm wasn't a fan of his, but how-much did the NYG running game rely on the threat of throwing the ball to Plexiglass, and has his absence hurt their ability to run the football:
how-much has Manning's passing-numbers changed since he capped himself?

NFLN said last night that Manning was posting career numbers this year before last night's game - he may not have a Plax receiving threat anymore, but he nonetheless has a very good young WR corps with Manningham, Steve Smith, and Hicks, and Kevin Boss is a very reliable TE.

As for last night's game - they just looked terrible all around - the Broncos just played out of their minds. I wonder if the outcome would have been different if it were in the Meadowlands instead.

Steel-Bryan
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Man, that must have been tough.

At least I got another short for my collection. :sofunny:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/raidersfail.gif

hahahahahhahahahahaha:sofunny: :sofunny::sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

revefsreleets
11-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm watching that video of the Raiders players colliding (and I saw it live while it happened) a few things occur to me.

-First, kudos and props to the Raiders players for obviously playing hard despite the fact that they aren't making the playoffs and have a moron of an owner and shitty coach.
-If that was the Browns defense, that ball would have bounced back into the air, been received by a Cowboys player and run in for a TD.
-Those defensive players, had they been Browns, would probably both be out for the year.
-If it were the Patriots defense, the play would have been whistled dead the second a Pats* touched the ball, they would have been awarded the ball, and 3 first rd draft picks the next year...

4xSBChamps
11-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm watching that video of the Raiders players colliding (and I saw it live while it happened) a few things occur to me.

-First, kudos and props to the Raiders players for obviously playing hard despite the fact that they aren't making the playoffs and have a moron of an owner and shitty coach.

.... my thoughts perzactly.....