PDA

View Full Version : How will the Steelers give up a Non Offensive TD this week

BlastFurnace
11-26-2009, 07:06 PM
It's been 8 games in a row. This is becoming a staple in the Steelers strategy. What is your prediction? Will Ed Reed take the opening Coin Flip and return it for a touchdown? Will there be a Pick 6? Will the ST give up another return for TD?

Let's hear your guesses

Glace
11-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I think the message has been delivered loud and clear.

I foresee one of the most dominating performances of the year....somewhere in the likes of a 38-10 win.

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I would guess a fumble return for a TD.... But the Steelers still win 30-17.

supa_fly_steeler
11-26-2009, 07:35 PM
I see this being a close game, why do people always pick blowouts, the Ravens need this win more than us.

I also hope for a blowout lol.

I also hope for Ryan Clark to annually jack someone up lol

Christian Snyder
11-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I see this being a close game, why do people always pick blowouts, the Ravens need this win more than us.

I also hope for a blowout lol.

I also hope for Ryan Clark to annually jack someone up lol
Is 13 points really a blowout? Or wasn't your post directed at me?

AllD
11-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Jeff Reed finally hangs a kick-off in mid-air longer than Big Ben holds onto the ball, however it gives the rats enough time to set up coverage. Since Reed is the last line of defense and does a "Baltimore special needs two-step" as the KR fakes him out so badly that Jerry Lewis calls immediately after the extra point and offers to have Reed on his next telethon.

Edman
11-26-2009, 08:51 PM
I think an interception return for TD.

Dollars to Donuts it's on Special Teams again.

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Lets just hope it doesnt happen...

Bluedust
11-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I think the message has been delivered loud and clear.

I foresee one of the most dominating performances of the year....somewhere in the likes of a 38-10 win.

Well we're out of the playoffs currently with Denver winning, so we better dominate.

mesaSteeler
11-26-2009, 10:39 PM
baltimoresun.com
Notebook
Ravens hope to hurt Steelers on kickoffs
Pittsburgh has allowed league-high four kickoff return touchdowns
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravensnotes1126,0,4961597,print.story
By Edward Lee | edward.lee@baltsun.com

2:52 PM EST, November 26, 2009

If the reigning Super Bowl champions Pittsburgh Steelers have an Achilles' heel, it may center on their poor kickoff coverage.

The Steelers have allowed a league-high four kickoff return touchdowns in five games this season, including the last two contests.

Pittsburgh's sudden vulnerability sounds enticing to a Ravens squad that ranks eighth in the NFL in average start on kickoffs (28.2-yard line).

"We look to break a kick every week," said rookie Lardarius Webb, who returned a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown against the Denver Broncos on Nov. 1. "It doesn't matter if they haven't had a kick broke on them ever or if they've had two or three. It's no different for us. We look at the game the same way, and we try to attack them in all phases of the game. We know that they have let some kicks go back, but that's the part they're going to tighten up. So we're going to keep on attacking people the same way and keep studying them the same way."

Production from the kickoff return unit could translate into short fields for the offense and potential points, which are at a premium against the Steelers defense that ranks first in the NFL in yards allowed and eighth in points.

"Oh yeah, we've got to," said fullback Le'Ron McClain of attacking the Pittsburgh coverage unit. "We plan on doing that every week. Our goal is to go in and make a difference on special teams and in the return game especially."

Until now, the only previous season the Steelers surrendered as many as three kickoff return touchdowns was 1986. The troubles have forced the team to cut three players and sign two, including former Raven Corey Ivy.

"We've missed some tackles," Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said. "We've got to exhibit the passion that's required to play that, and maybe we've lacked a little bit in that regard. We've acquired some men that I think will bring some passion to it, and we've got to be a little bit better schematically. I think that when you've failed the way we've failed in that area, you've got to look at all aspects of it, which we are, and make an accounting of it."

SteelC7
11-26-2009, 10:57 PM
INT return for a TD, and a kick return TD, steelers screw up a winnable game 21-20 ravens...i hope the score will be 24-0 steelers tho

Rick5895
11-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Either way it will be a close game, I don't think we will see a return TD against unless it's a pic 6. At any rate I have the steelers winning 16-14

Galax Steeler
11-27-2009, 05:56 AM
I just hope it dosen't happen I hope we play some good football and our coverage unit plays like they have not all year. Hopefully Ben will keep the ball in our receivers hand and not Baltimores.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I think somebody that we would not normally think is gonna get a pick 6. I'm going with Dominique Foxworth. Probably on a 3rd and 2 pitch to Moore who will throw an option pass. :doh:

stb_steeler
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Instead of picking us to give up points on ST lets pick that we have a great game....GEEEZ
:tt02: :tt04: :tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Instead of picking us to give up points on ST lets pick that we have a great game....GEEEZ
:tt02: :tt04: :tt03:

Come on, just let us have our fun. :kick:

Crow-Magnon
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Either way it will be a close game, I don't think we will see a return TD against unless it's a pic 6. At any rate I have the steelers winning 16-14

The way things have been lately, you may want to amend that to 16-15. That's what 5 FG's net you.

HometownGal
11-27-2009, 07:13 PM
The Steelers aren't going to give up a ST or "non-offensive") TD on Sunday night. Just a guess (and maybe wishful thinking) but I think Little Man is finally going to get his own TD return against the Ratfinks. :hope: :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
11-27-2009, 07:24 PM
im watching the week 15 game in baltimore from last year. yamon figures took the opening kick off for like 40 yards. jeff reed showed a 2nd gear with a tiny burst of speed and pushed him out of bounds.

if ben plays he is probably LESS likely to take a sack and throw a risky pass into coverage that goes for a pick six.

if dixon plays, he is probably MORE likely to show less pocket awareness and get strip sacked for a fumble or throw a pick 6.

if our special teams play they are MOST likely to give up a kick return, a little less likely for a punt return.

i hate these questions. :dang: no matter how you look at it, we look screwed. so with that being said, logan finally breaks through and scores his 1st td to negate their only one.

tony hipchest
11-27-2009, 07:28 PM
i forgot about the tackle mitch berger made on leonhard to save a punt return being returned the distance in above said game. :doh:

(and that was WITH the #1 kick coverage teams).

Christian Snyder
11-27-2009, 07:46 PM
The Steelers aren't going to give up a ST or "non-offensive") TD on Sunday night. Just a guess (and maybe wishful thinking) but I think Little Man is finally going to get his own TD return against the Ratfinks. :hope: :thumbsup:
That would be nice.

Godfather
11-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Pick-six if Dixon plays. Having to make his first start against the Ratbirds is a baptism by fire.

revefsreleets
11-27-2009, 08:45 PM
They won't.

Psyychoward86
11-27-2009, 09:08 PM
well they do have CHRIS CARR, who i'm pretty sure was leading the AFC in kick return yards. So that's my #1 choice for how we give up a non-offensive TD. I think we split with the Ravens this season, but not this game. Remind me the last time we had a 3 game skid

theplatypus
11-27-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm betting the whole team plays a complete game and they don't.

xvdougl
11-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Forgive me for sounding like a broken record. Let's do the math one more @#%$^@* time!!!!

After this week we now have the following.

Defense #1 in the NFL

Offense #6 in the NFL.

Turnover Ratio #27 in the NFL

Just as a bonus here are the NFL teams that actually have a worse turnover ratio than ours.

Jets
Raiders
Panthers
Browns
Lions

hmmmm those team all seem to have something in common.... what is it ...

OH YEAH, I REMEMBER NOW!!! THEY SUCK!!!!!

Steeldude
11-27-2009, 11:58 PM
another pick 6

markymarc
11-28-2009, 12:56 PM
I believe this is the week where we are not disappointed with our special teams play. Rocky Boiman and Cory Ivy help make our special teams stand out..........in a good way tomorrow night. We might even see some decent blocking for Stefan Logan too :tt02: