PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben speaks

mesaSteeler
11-26-2009, 11:24 PM
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2009/11/26/big-ben-speaks-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29
View From The Press Box

Big Ben speaks
November 26th, 2009

Ben Roethlisberger talked to reporters today for the first time since getting knocked out of the Steelers' 27-24 loss to the Kansas Chiefs last Sunday.

Here is a transcript of what Roethlisberger, who expects to play Sunday in Baltimore, said.

Q: Has this been a typical week despite what you went through last Sunday?
A: Yeah, its been a normal week. Weve got a big game Sunday night.

Q: Will you play Sunday?
A: Im planning on it.

Q: What have doctors told you?
A: Ive taken a thousand tests and passed them all with flying colors.

Q: Do you still have to take more tests?
A: I hope not. Ive taken so many. I dont foresee that but every day were meeting and upgrading and checking with things so if they tell me they want to do another one Ill just keep doing it.

Q: Did you have a concussion?
A: Im not a medical guy so I dont know. I can just tell the doctors what happened and what I felt. Its their medical expertise to evaluate that.

Q: Would you have gone back into the game had the offense gotten the ball back?
A: I would have asked for it. Dont know if I would have been allowed but I would have tried.

Q: Is it frustrating dealing with a concussion?
A: Its part of the nature of the beast of playing this game. Its a violent, physical contact sport and theres a chance youre going to get hit and dinged. You guys dont talk about the bruises we have all over our body. If I showed you a bruise on my shoulder and a bruise on my shin, it wouldnt get talked about as much. Its a violent sport we play.

Q: Arent violent and physical good descriptions of the rivalry with the Ravens?
A: This has been a rivalry thats been heated and well coached, well played since Ive been here so its going to be no different on Sunday.

Q: Was the hit that knocked you out of the game a clean one?
A: No question, it was not dirty at all.

Q: Do you worry about the cumulative effects of all these hits?
A: Im not worried because we have the best doctors. If I can go out and pass thousands of these tests and show that Im fine then Im not worried about it.

Q: Did you know something was wrong after you got hit?
A: It just kind of felt like I got hit pretty hard and kind of said, 'Let me catch my breath real quick,' and by that time the trainers were out there so I didnt get a chance to get up.

Q: What are you thankful for?
A: Im thankful to be alive, to have friends and family and even thankful for you guys sometimes.

mesaSteeler
11-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Roethlisberger planning to play Sunday night
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_655110.html#
By The Tribune-Review

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he has passed the neurological tests he has taken this week "with flying colors" and that he plans to play Sunday night against the Ravens.

Speaking for the first time since he got knocked out of last Sunday's game after getting kneed in the helmet, Roethlisberger said, "I'm not worried because we have the best doctors. If I can go out and pass thousands of these tests and show that I'm fine then I'm not worried about it."

Roethlisberger practiced again today, and coach Mike Tomlin has said he will play Sunday unless he starts feeling the effects of the hit he took from Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson in overtime .

"It's been a normal week," Roethlisberger said.

The Tribune-Review can be reached at or .

Steelman16
11-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Q: What are you thankful for?
A: Im thankful to be alive, to have friends and family and even thankful for you guys sometimes.

:chuckle:

Good one Ben!

24seven
11-27-2009, 03:06 AM
Im thankful to be alive, to have friends and family and even thankful for you guys sometimes.

That's our Ben.. he'll be fine..

Galax Steeler
11-27-2009, 07:13 AM
I am sure he knows if he had a concusion or not he is keeping that one a secret.:chuckle:

Akeman62
11-27-2009, 09:24 AM
We need ya Ben...Lets get this Steel train rolling again !!!:tt04:

revefsreleets
11-27-2009, 09:34 AM
What? He didn't lump the entire blame of the loss on Bruce Arians? Has he NOT read the conclusions of this board's braintrust?

He MUST have a concussion!

steel striker
11-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Ben will be fine and, I can't wait for the game on sunday night.

Christian Snyder
11-27-2009, 01:42 PM
He definitely has a concussion... He isn't blaming the loss on Jeff Reed!! He should be saying " We need a new kicker, one that can tackle".

SteelersMomma
11-27-2009, 02:41 PM
well I hope to God nothing happens to him on Sunday. This is going to be a rough game and one bad blow to the head during a tackle could possibly be it when it comes to his career and/or his life. Lets hope our O can keep everyone away from him!

devilsdancefloor
11-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I am sure he knows if he had a concusion or not he is keeping that one a secret.:chuckle:

He does remember if he did or not :wink02:

markymarc
11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Good for Ben. Now just stay un-concussed the rest of this season :tt02: Time for Ben to lead us to victory against the Rats!