PDA

View Full Version : Steelers safety Polamalu doesn't practice, likely out against Ravens

mesaSteeler
11-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Steelers safety Polamalu doesn't practice, likely out against Ravens
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_655132.html#
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 27, 2009

Troy Polamalu didn't practice Thursday and is unlikely to play Sunday in Baltimore.

Polamalu didn't play against the Kansas City Chiefs last Sunday because of a strained ligament in his left knee.

Left guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) and quarterback Charlie Batch (wrist) are already out for the 8:20 p.m. game against the Ravens.

Defensive end Travis Kirschke's status for the game is uncertain as he again was a limited participant in practice. Kirschke has missed the Steelers' last three games because of a strained calf.

Running back Willie Parker (hip) was also limited in practice yesterday.

Outside linebacker Terrell Suggs (knee) missed practice again yesterday. He is questionable at best to play against the Steelers.

Also not practicing yesterday for the Ravens were safety Ed Reed (foot) and linebacker Ray Lewis (foot).

Neither player has practiced this week.

Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (ankle) was a limited participant in practice.

New cornerback Corey Ivy on how covering kicks is about desire: "I'd say (desire is) about 85 percent. It's not a glory position. There's not a position where you can stand out except if you're the returner so it's a lot of want-to and a lot of dirty work that I just consider as part of my job description."

Ivy and linebacker Rocky Boiman were signed earlier this week to help shore up the Steelers' kickoff coverage unit.

The Steelers have given up four kickoff returns for touchdowns in their past five games.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

revefsreleets
11-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I would rather him sit against the Rats and get healthy for the long haul....if he comes back too soon, we could lose him for the rest of the year. I think we can take Baltirats w/o him...

markymarc
11-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I would rather him sit against the Rats and get healthy for the long haul....if he comes back too soon, we could lose him for the rest of the year. I think we can take Baltirats w/o him...

I completely agree. Troy is no doubt more important for the long haul. I think we can easily take care of the Rats and Raiders the next 2 weeks without Troy.

Crow-Magnon
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
I completely agree. Troy is no doubt more important for the long haul. I think we can easily take care of the Rats and Raiders the next 2 weeks without Troy.

Why "easily?" Shouldn't the Chiefs have been easily?

I'm not saying the Steelers are going to lose. although they well might. But what makes you believe the Steelers are going to beat the Ravens easily?

markymarc
11-27-2009, 03:09 PM

I'm not saying the Steelers are going to lose. although they well might. But what makes you believe the Steelers are going to beat the Ravens easily?

Well I should know better than to put in "easily" when talking about the Steelers :chuckle: If it makes you feel any better I did not mean to say easily defeat the Rats. I do feel our defense even without Troy can slow down your offense. To me it's going to be a defensive battle on Sunday night.

Crow-Magnon
11-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Well I should know better than to put in "easily" when talking about the Steelers :chuckle: If it makes you feel any better I did not mean to say easily defeat the Rats. I do feel our defense even without Troy can slow down your offense. To me it's going to be a defensive battle on Sunday night.

I have no qualms with that point-of-view. :drink:

Christian Snyder
11-27-2009, 07:45 PM
I agree 100%.,

supa_fly_steeler
11-27-2009, 07:52 PM
who needs polamalu when u can watch ryan clark destroy ray rice infront of national tv and home crowd.

even if we lose it will be on youtube for future smack talk....priceless

Psyychoward86
11-27-2009, 10:17 PM

gotta agree with you. We all said the chiefs would be finished, even without troy. And we shitpansed ourselves. I'm crossing my fingers and just hoping to win this game really :noidea:

steelreserve
11-27-2009, 10:50 PM

I sure hope so. Because much as I hate to say it, if we lose this game, there might not be any long haul. 6-5 and a three-game losing streak is not where you want to be at this point in the season if you're talking about the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl.

tony hipchest
11-27-2009, 11:54 PM
sirius has been reporting this as a 4 game missed injury for the past week. im not expecting him back anytime soon.

Psyychoward86
11-27-2009, 11:57 PM
btw, isnt corey ivy the guy that limas sweed knocked the crap out of in the AFCCG?

MACH1
11-28-2009, 02:39 AM

Your right, this game will be anything but easy. I look forward to a good close game and hopefully the Steelers don't give it away. :drink:

Galax Steeler
11-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Take all the time you need Troy we will enjoy your play when you get healthy.:tt04:

markymarc
11-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I have no qualms with that point-of-view. :drink:

Will most like come down to who has the ball last on offense!