PDA

View Full Version : Carter not paying attention

Steeldude
11-27-2009, 07:54 AM
this is another case of a player being enamored with celebrating rather than paying attention to what's important.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_655044.html

tyrone carter said, "We thought Ike had an interception, cheering a little bit, and all of a sudden bam they're at the line of scrimmage," Carter said. "They got out of the huddle fast. So we had to run, and I didn't know what call it was. I looked to Potsie (inside linebacker James Farrior, who calls defensive signals) to get the ball, and I just ran to play my half (of the field)"

do the fruity dancing and/or celebrating after the game, not during it.

theplatypus
11-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Next time you make a touchdown, act like you've been there before.

mesaSteeler
11-27-2009, 09:19 AM
this is another case of a player being enamored with celebrating rather than paying attention to what's important.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_655044.html

tyrone carter said, "We thought Ike had an interception, cheering a little bit, and all of a sudden bam they're at the line of scrimmage," Carter said. "They got out of the huddle fast. So we had to run, and I didn't know what call it was. I looked to Potsie (inside linebacker James Farrior, who calls defensive signals) to get the ball, and I just ran to play my half (of the field)"

do the fruity dancing and/or celebrating after the game, not during it.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

markymarc
11-27-2009, 02:43 PM
There is no excuse for allowing the Chiefs to line up faster than you. Very sad on Tyronne Carter's part.

KeiselPower99
11-27-2009, 02:50 PM
The whole Defense looked suprise that the Cheifs lined up that fast. Id say it was because they thought Ike had the pick and didnt want it reviewed.

devilsdancefloor
11-27-2009, 02:54 PM
i think it is he wasnt paying attention. Coach T said that coach Dad told them ON THE SIDELINES what they where gonna do on 3rd down. No excuses just execute!

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-27-2009, 03:02 PM
This isn't the first time Carter went overboard with celebrations.

I recall back in 2006, he intercepted Jake Delhomme and held the ball up to his ear like a telephone as he high-stepped out of bounds with it.... He didn't mess a play up like that 61-yarder, but it sure made Dick Lebeau MAD-- I remember he was waiting at the sidelines and grabbed Carter by the neck to have a little "heart-to-heart" with him about sportsmanship and things the Steelers do not do in games....

The guys (like Holmes and his stupid bicep flex on his 180 lb body) need to worry less about showboating and more about executing on the field.

markymarc
11-27-2009, 03:11 PM
This isn't the first time Carter went overboard with celebrations.

I recall back in 2006, he intercepted Jake Delhomme and held the ball up to his ear like a telephone as he high-stepped out of bounds with it.... He didn't mess a play up like that 61-yarder, but it sure made Dick Lebeau MAD-- I remember he was waiting at the sidelines and grabbed Carter by the neck to have a little "heart-to-heart" with him about sportsmanship and things the Steelers do not do in games....

The guys (like Holmes and his stupid bicep flex on his 180 lb body) need to worry less about showboating and more about executing on the field.

Actually that play against the Panters was Anthony Smith. TC is a veteran and should know better.

Steeldude
11-28-2009, 06:13 AM
and it's not just carter that does this junk.

players today are so much more into themselves than they are with the game as a whole.

like Holmes and his stupid bicep flex on his 180 lb body

one of the dumbest and most annoying things. who celebrates every catch? i don't see the lame bicep flex when he drops easy TD passes.

there is a time and/or place for certain celebrations.

markymarc
11-28-2009, 01:58 PM
No excuses just execute!

It's definitely time for the entire team to follow that motto!

mesaSteeler
11-28-2009, 02:04 PM
What concerns me about this is that this celebration crap is a sign of an undisciplined, unfocused team. Remember during Cowher's last year Ward was tagged twice excessive celebration penalties. We all know how well that defense of our Super Bowl title turned out.

Steeldude
11-29-2009, 04:38 AM
What concerns me about this is that this celebration crap is a sign of an undisciplined, unfocused team

so true

solardave
11-29-2009, 07:15 AM
and it's not just carter that does this junk.

players today are so much more into themselves than they are with the game as a whole.

one of the dumbest and most annoying things. who celebrates every catch? i don't see the lame bicep flex when he drops easy TD passes.

there is a time and/or place for certain celebrations.

If someone in the crowd could get his attention when he drops one and mock his flex move he might get the point that WE ALL THINK IT"S STUPID!!!

steel-tex
11-29-2009, 01:07 PM
ITS ALL GOOD IF YOU MAKE PLAYS

Edman
11-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Just the sign of an unfocused, undisciplined team that lacks a champion's class.

I thought this was going to be another 2006, then the team reels off 5 straight, then they're making me question 2006 again.