PDA

View Full Version : Had to let this out...

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Fellow Steelers fans. There are far too many in Steelers nation who claim to be "Die hard fans" who for some reason do not like Ben Roethlisberger. With his recent injury, I have heard way WAY too many of my friends say that they hope that Dixon plays because he would be better than Ben. Obviously, with the Steelers on a cold streak as of late, this is the perfect time for Ben haters to appear in the sea of black and gold. Could somebody explain this to me and/or tell me if this gets on your nerves as well?

Shoes
11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I haven't heard a soul say Dixon would be better than Ben.

Fire Haley
11-28-2009, 01:24 AM
None of the idiots I know would ever say that.

stb_steeler
11-28-2009, 01:37 AM
You didnt hear it here !!!:hatsoff:

Steel Duck
11-28-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't get this either... I went to my husbands company "football picnic" a few months back...Everyone was asked to dress in support of their teams...We knew there would be quite a few of us Steeler fans there. Well, this guys wife, who claims to be a Steeler fan walked up to me in her 43 Jersey ( my husband and I were sporting Hines) and she said to me, I'm suprised you're not wearing a "Worthlessberger Jersey". I stood there with my mouth hanging open for a few seconds and then shouted what the hell kind of fan are you???? Hubby had to hold me back LOL kidding...but I really did wanna smack her!
I don't get it...How can someone claim to be a fan and yet trash talk the QB! It makes absolutley no sense to me!!!!

Merchant
11-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Ben is God. 'nuff said

MACH1
11-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Fellow Steelers fans. There are far too many in Steelers nation who claim to be "Die hard fans" who for some reason do not like Ben Roethlisberger. With his recent injury, I have heard way WAY too many of my friends say that they hope that Dixon plays because he would be better than Ben. Obviously, with the Steelers on a cold streak as of late, this is the perfect time for Ben haters to appear in the sea of black and gold. Could somebody explain this to me and/or tell me if this gets on your nerves as well?

Your friends are on crack!

Gnutella
11-28-2009, 03:09 AM
One of the few things Mark Madden ever got right: Pittsburgh's favorite QB is whichever one isn't starting.

tucker6
11-28-2009, 05:15 AM
One of the few things Mark Madden ever got right: Pittsburgh's favorite QB is whichever one isn't starting.

That's not true at all, and by saying that, you lump us with all the other NFL fans out there who always see the greener side to 2nd stringers. There is a reason a QB is not starting.

Steeldude
11-28-2009, 06:20 AM
the only people who would say dixon would be better than BR are the kordell fans still left lurking behind their couches :couch:

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 07:39 AM
the only people who would say dixon would be better than BR are the kordell fans still left lurking behind their couches
Hey, now! Don't go blaming the Ben-hateration on us Kordell fans! :chuckle:

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Your friends are buying some tainted crack. Tell them to find a new dealer.

Galax Steeler
11-28-2009, 07:49 AM
I think it is more then tainted. I know that people can like and dislike who they want but how can you not like the best quarterback we have had in a very long time.

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I think it is more then tainted. I know that people can like and dislike who they want but how can you not like the best quarterback we have had in a very long time.

Because these comments are more than likely coming from the "what has he done for me lately" crowd that permeates the Steelers fan base, unfortunately.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I haven't seen anyone saying that around here or I would've flipped on them.:chuckle:

LOLOL:rofl::toofunny::sofunny:

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 11:04 AM
That's not true at all, and by saying that, you lump us with all the other NFL fans out there who always see the greener side to 2nd stringers. There is a reason a QB is not starting.

No, as a whole, Mark Madden is correct. Not saying EVERY Steelers fan is that way...but there is a long history of Steelers fans wanting to oust the starting QB in favor of whoever is the backup. Just imagine if Steelers fans in the early 70's, who used to noose up Terry Bradshaw dolls in the stands, had gotten their ultimate wish of having a drug addicted Gilliam as a full time starter.

I think it's crazy for any fan to want anyone other than Ben starting, but there were tons of them that wanted Lefty to be promoted to the starting position last year. Yeah, the same guy who was doing nothing when the Steelers rang and got benched this year from the starting position in TB.

SteelGhost
11-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey Neil, time to look for new friends, try some guys who are not on crack :chuckle:

j/k

silver & black
11-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't get this either... I went to my husbands company "football picnic" a few months back...Everyone was asked to dress in support of their teams...We knew there would be quite a few of us Steeler fans there. Well, this guys wife, who claims to be a Steeler fan walked up to me in her 43 Jersey ( my husband and I were sporting Hines) and she said to me, I'm suprised you're not wearing a "Worthlessberger Jersey". I stood there with my mouth hanging open for a few seconds and then shouted what the hell kind of fan are you???? Hubby had to hold me back LOL kidding...but I really did wanna smack her!
I don't get it...How can someone claim to be a fan and yet trash talk the QB! It makes absolutley no sense to me!!!!

If JaMarcus Russell was your QB, you would understand. :wink:

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 12:30 PM

on NFL.COM i saw a steeler fan write this

"I hate BEN! HES SUCH A DrAMA QUEEN!!!!!

I would use such words but i shall not post here don't want to get banned lol.:tt04:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Luckily, J. Russell ISN'T our QB.... Even Hines Ward is probably better than him.:wink02:

fansince'76
11-28-2009, 12:39 PM

Or Kordell Stewart, or Mark Malone, or Mike Tomczak, etc., etc. How quickly people forget. But then, methinks the people making those statements are bandwagon riders who hopped on around '05 and wouldn't recall the 2+ decades of absolute suck we had to endure behind center after Bradshaw retired until Ben was drafted anyway.

7SteelGal43
11-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Quite honestly, I've not heard anybody say we should start anyone in place of Ben. IMO, ANY "Steeler fan" who would call him "Worthlessburger" is NOT a Steeler fan. One last thing. Ya won't have to worry about me turnin my back on Big Ben. Hell, I was the last Steeler fan still supporting Kordell after everyone else had was calling for his head.

Angus Burgher
11-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't understand the people who want to pin all the blame on Ben for various losses... especially this season. Um, the guy is throwing 2-3 TDs in most games, and regularly racks up over 300 yards. That's a solid performance from any quarterback. Yes, he has thrown INTs, but if our defense could stop collapsing every time the other team's quarterback throws the ball, and if our special teams could stop giving up points, we'd probably be no worse than 9-1 right now.

As for Dennis Dixon, I hope he plays well tomorrow and wins it for us, if his number is called. But even if he throws for 5 TDs and beats the Ravens to a pulp, I still won't want him to start over a healthy Ben.

welder4pit
11-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Or Kordell Stewart, or Mark Malone, or Mike Tomczak, etc., etc. How quickly people forget. But then, methinks the people making those statements are bandwagon riders who hopped on around '05 and wouldn't recall the 2+ decades of absolute suck we had to endure behind center after Bradshaw retired until Ben was drafted anyway. TRUE THAT

markymarc
11-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Is this being reported by Jason La Cantora :chuckle:

Mags87
11-28-2009, 02:44 PM
As for Dennis Dixon, I hope he plays well tomorrow and wins it for us, if his number is called. But even if he throws for 5 TDs and beats the Ravens to a pulp, I still won't want him to start over a healthy Ben.

i came into this thread planning on posting, "even if Dixon throws 28 TD's tomorrow, i still want Ben as soon as he can play." but looks like you beat me to it. im pretty sure that Ben's our QB until his play says otherwise, not someone elses.

O Sensei
11-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I hate to burst anyone's bubble but there are alot of fans out there that await the end of the "worthlessberger" era with celebration paraphenalia at the ready. They wish he was more of a rhythm passer, a better runner, more bradshawlike, more KORDELLlike, more whatever...more, more, more. Fact is...to date this dude has won 2 Superbowls, both of which IMO the teams would have had no chance of winning without him. It ain't broke...don't muck with it, thats what I say, ben is the guy.

steel striker
11-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Or Kordell Stewart, or Mark Malone, or Mike Tomczak, etc., etc. How quickly people forget. But then, methinks the people making those statements are bandwagon riders who hopped on around '05 and wouldn't recall the 2+ decades of absolute suck we had to endure behind center after Bradshaw retired until Ben was drafted anyway.

Without a doubt! It bothers me that people question Ben. I guess they all forgot those years after Bradshaw but, I have not forgotten those painfull years. As far as I'm concerned Ben is the best Qb we have had since Bradshaw plus after all of the hits he has taken he is one tough guy and, I'm glad he is on our team.

Gnutella
11-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Without a doubt! It bothers me that people question Ben. I guess they all forgot those years after Bradshaw but, I have not forgotten those painfull years. As far as I'm concerned Ben is the best Qb we have had since Bradshaw plus after all of the hits he has taken he is one tough guy and, I'm glad he is on our team.

This is an example of the Ben Roethlisberger Paradox. Ten years ago, the Steelers were considered by most non-Steeler fans to be a good team that was ultimately reduced to also-ran status by mediocre QBing. Ironically, since Roethlisberger burst onto the scene, many of those same non-Steeler fans suddenly insist that any QB can succeed in Pittsburgh. I guess 1 + 1 = 3 and 2 + 2 = 5; black is white, up is down, short is long, and evreything we know is wrong. :doh:

solardave
11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
the only people who would say dixon would be better than BR are the kordell fans still left lurking behind their couches :couch:

you mean the ones still in the closet?:chuckle:

solardave
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
This is an example of the Ben Roethlisberger Paradox. Ten years ago, the Steelers were considered by most non-Steeler fans to be a good team that was ultimately reduced to also-ran status by mediocre QBing. Ironically, since Roethlisberger burst onto the scene, many of those same non-Steeler fans suddenly insist that any QB can succeed in Pittsburgh. I guess 1 + 1 = 3 and 2 + 2 = 5; black is white, up is down, short is long, and evreything we know is wrong. :doh:

I'm beginning to see that no matter how good Ben plays there will be some idiot who thinks we can do better. Fact is he is already better than the best we ever had. (Bradshaw):banging:

solardave
11-28-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm beginning to see that no matter how good Ben plays there will be some idiot who thinks we can do better. Fact is he is already better than the best we ever had. (Bradshaw):banging:I forgot to add that I am a lifelong TB fan.

silver & black
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Luckily, J. Russell ISN'T our QB.... Even Hines Ward is probably better than him.:wink02:
No doubt.

JR was on track to be statistically, the worst starting QB EVER to play in the NFL, untill he was benched. :rofl:

You can probably tell I didn't want to draft him, and I still think he sucks!

As for staying on topic: I would take Ben in a heartbeat over almost ANY QB in the league, other than Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. You guys have one hell of a QB right there... I wouldn't complain at all about him.

fansince'76
11-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm beginning to see that no matter how good Ben plays there will be some idiot who thinks we can do better.

Yep. And if we win tomorrow night and Dixon plays well, there will be no shortage of people who will want him to remain the starter.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Yep. And if we win tomorrow night and Dixon plays well, there will be no shortage of people who will want him to remain the starter.

This is the ultimate quandary for me. I want the Steelers to win. But I know that if they do, so many idiots will insist that Dixon is better than Ben.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 06:46 PM
This is the ultimate quandary for me. I want the Steelers to win. But I know that if they do, so many idiots will insist that Dixon is better than Ben.
I'd rather have to deal with the idiots who say Dixon is better than Ben.

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Hell, I was the last Steeler fan still supporting Kordell after everyone else had was calling for his head.
Steelgal,
I beg to differ :p
I always loved the gadgety Slash attack offense, and hated to see him go (note the user name).
/ Not sayin' I appreciate Big Ben any less

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd rather have to deal with the idiots who say Dixon is better than Ben.

You wouldn't say that if you were in mine and Gary's shoes. :horror:

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
this would be gary and htg after having to deal with the idiots that would say dixon is a better qb then ben :banging::banging::banging::banging::banging::bang ing:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 09:47 PM
If I was in your shoes or Gary's shoes..... My head would explode, or I'd do this.:frustrate

Bng_Hevn
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
After Korky and Tommy Gun, I appreciate ANY QB that can read a defense *and* play in crunch time.

Anyone who says BR should be not be the starting QB simply is not a football fan, or at the very least they are ignorant fans.

stb_steeler
11-29-2009, 12:12 AM

Because there are those who claim to be a fan until something goes wrong. You should of told her at least im not a BANDWAGON jumper ya freak....Gee its a wonder she had on 43's jersey he's been hurt longer than Ben..LoL

stb_steeler
11-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Because these comments are more than likely coming from the "what has he done for me lately" crowd that permeates the Steelers fan base, unfortunately.

Ya its called = We love them when were Winning, Screw em when we lose boneheads.
:screwy:

T.Richardson
11-29-2009, 01:20 AM
After Korky and Tommy Gun, I appreciate ANY QB that can read a defense *and* play in crunch time.

Anyone who says BR should be not be the starting QB simply is not a football fan, or at the very least they are ignorant fans.

Tommy Maddox was not that bad. He did lead the Steelers to the playoffs...the Maddox-Ward Connection was a really good combo...

A lot of these fans that say this are bandwagon fans, no steeler fan before '04 would ever say that. I thought Maddox was the best QB Pittsburgh had until Ben went 14-0 in his rookie year.

MJ5150
11-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Noone I know has said anything like this. Even the Steeer haters I am forced to associate with.

-MIke

7SteelGal43
11-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Steelgal,
I beg to differ :p
I always loved the gadgety Slash attack offense, and hated to see him go (note the user name).
/ Not sayin' I appreciate Big Ben any less

OK, you got me. But I was second to last :flap: That being said, I still have my Kordell jersey hangin in the closet. I didn't burn it, throw it out, give it away, or nuttin. :chuckle:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
A lot of these fans that say this are bandwagon fans, no steeler fan before '04 would ever say that. I thought Maddox was the best QB Pittsburgh had until Ben went 14-0 in his rookie year.

haha. I would have to beg to differ with you on that one.

Indo
11-29-2009, 04:28 PM
It's REALLY very simple...
Those who think that Ben is NOT one of the Best QBs in the game simply do not understand the game. They are not to be taken seriously---and probably should just be ignored.

Even our "enemies'" fans know what a good thing we have.

If you don't believe in Ben you should go and root for whomever it is that you do believe in

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
I dont think ben has to worry about losing his job tonight

Texasteel
11-29-2009, 05:25 PM

That would be the definition of a fair weather fan. Luckily we don't have any of those here......................... Or Do We?

ricksteelers55
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM

I guess that is because they think he's not good enough in Madden

stlrtruck
11-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm sure after last nights performance, there are bound to be a few on here mention to put Ben on the bench in favor of Dixon.

While I was impressed with Dixon's first game, he's definitely just a backup at this point in his career. I believe in Ben, trust Ben, and support Ben 100%.

The_WARDen
11-30-2009, 09:18 AM

you need smarter friends?

:noidea: