noto45
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Can bruce and replace him with Charlie after ND fires him... Im just sayin

fansince'76
11-28-2009, 11:41 AM
:rolleyes: :coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2009, 11:45 AM
You want a guy that can't even beat Navy on a consistent basis to be the OC?? :banging:

I say we ban you for life for such a suggestion. I'm just sayin'

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Amazing.:coffee::popcorn::headbutt:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Dont want to have ANYONE associated with the cheating *Patriots anywhere near my team.

hindes204
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Dont want to have ANYONE associated with the cheating *Patriots anywhere near my team.

EXACTLY!! This is a ridiculous thread................unbelievable

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
This is blasphemy

eZeYVIWz99I

SteelersinCA
11-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow, there is more bullshit in the Steelers forum than the Locker Room these days.

Steelman16
11-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, there is more bullshit in the Steelers forum than the Locker Room these days.

:chuckle: You got that right.

We really want that oversized tub stalking our sidelines? You'd think we're trying to keep up with the Browns or something. :noidea:

Burghfan58
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Not really an Arians fan but I don't want Shrek stompin around the Steelers sideline any time soon.

Stang909
11-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Please no, this is the worst idea anyone has had since the Browns drafted Tim Couch. Just no this would not be good at all.

Glace
11-28-2009, 01:44 PM
When Weis gets FIRED...he's going to go on a donut binge and stroke. We won't have to worry about it.

arge5809
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM

AMEN!! There is no way a washed up has been ex-patriot should EVER be considered for ANY position on the Steelers!!!!!

:doh: :banging: :thmbdown: :pissed: :poop:

markymarc
11-28-2009, 02:41 PM
No thanks!

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 02:50 PM

I say we replace you with a Browns fan - at least those who represent their fan base around here have some degree of logical thought. (well . . . most of the time :wink:).

I like BA and have every confidence he will be our OC for the foreseeable future. :thumbsup:

Jaquila
11-28-2009, 02:59 PM
WTF!?

Stang909
11-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I say we replace you with a Browns fan - at least those who represent their fan base around here have some degree of logical thought. (well . . . most of the time :wink:).

I like BA and have every confidence he will be our OC for the foreseeable future. :thumbsup:

Trust me in Ohio browns fan have no logical thought, its just pitiful.

GridironWarrior
11-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Only reason Weis was good was because the Pats were cheating. I would have got that job at Notre Dame if I was there doing the same thing.

solardave
11-28-2009, 04:37 PM

After that let's all fire up a fatty! Just say no dude!!!!

OneForTheToe
11-28-2009, 04:38 PM
If you want us to higher an overweight ex-pat as an assistant coach we could just higher Romeo. Heck, he is even an ex-Brown making him perfect.

SteelersMomma
11-28-2009, 05:07 PM
If you want us to higher an overweight ex-pat as an assistant coach we could just higher Romeo. Heck, he is even an ex-Brown making him perfect.

:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
i really need to start using that ignore feature...there's another 1.5 seconds of my life down the shitter...:doh:

MJ5150
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Drunk posting is bad.......mmkay?

-Mike

T.Richardson
11-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Trust me in Ohio browns fan have no logical thought, its just pitiful.

but I respect Browns fans, they are a definition of die hard fans...with what that fanbse has gone through...

devilsdancefloor
11-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Drunk posting is bad.......mmkay?

-Mike

:drink::drink::drink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mangina will snach him up first. IF anyone replaced BA i think it will be Mr Anderson

revefsreleets
11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
The people who hate Arians would HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Charlie Weiss.

mulldog24
11-29-2009, 10:19 AM

:toofunny::rofl: You gotta be kidding!!!:blah::blah:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stang909
11-29-2009, 10:28 AM
but I respect Browns fans, they are a definition of die hard fans...with what that fanbse has gone through...

They are definitely die hard fans, I'll give them that. Just don't try to talk football with them. It's terrible. Of course its not all of them.

Nadroj 20
11-29-2009, 10:31 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/A49erfan/Motivation/A-Bad_Idea.jpg

Like replacing arians with weis....bad idea

43Hitman
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM

Thread fail and post fail..Hard to get a double back to back, but somehow you did it. Congratulations, you're a dumb ass.:coffee:

steel-tex
11-29-2009, 11:27 AM
B.C. sucks and i hate him - but ....

Indo
11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/128822170994337159.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
11-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I have heard some dumb idea, but this one takes the cake!

OneForTheToe
12-04-2009, 09:55 PM
As long as we are replacing BA (which I don't really think is necessary) I say we bring Hank Stram back to life to be out O. Then we could "just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field, boys.", - and run the - "65 Toss Power Trap" all day long. We couldn't lose. :scholar::bonk:

KeiselPower99
12-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Tomlin did say he liked New Englands offense. Personally Id perfer someone else if Arians is canned.

LVSteelersfan
12-04-2009, 10:53 PM
You have got to be kidding. Tell me you just said that to get a rise out of people. NO NEW ENGLAND REJECTS HERE. Anyone who wants a coach who could not win in college needs to think a little harder. Like someone else said, Mangina will probably pick him up. BA is here whether we like it or not. I doubt seriously he will be gone after this year even if we finish out of the playoffs. (BITE MY TONGUE)

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2009, 11:35 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6466/failboat.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/failboat.jpg/)

TackleMeBen
12-04-2009, 11:37 PM
why is it that every teams message board i have been on, all want to fire their current OC and replace them with Weis?

btw, MOP, love the picture!!!!lol

augustashark
12-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Thread fail and post fail..Hard to get a double back to back, but somehow you did it. Congratulations, you're a dumb ass.:coffee:

Yet you and someothers took the time to reply to the "fail thread" :toofunny:

Now I ask, who is the "dumb ass". :thumbsup:

Would'nt it be better to just shake your head and move on? I think so.

43Hitman
12-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Yet you and someothers took the time to reply to the "fail thread" :toofunny:

Now I ask, who is the "dumb ass". :thumbsup:

Would'nt it be better to just shake your head and move on? I think so.

Umm, didn't you just do the same thing?

OneForTheToe
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
You guys have the wrong Charlie. Here is our new O' coordinator:

http://gogameface.com/content/uploads/LucyFootball.jpg

tyler289
12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
So you want to replace our below average coordinator with a guy who thinks he's the smartest to ever design plays yet is just as terrible?

Please. Weis sucks.

Preacher
12-12-2009, 11:47 PM
The problem with Weis. . . .

is that his offense had the benefit of tape. I want to see what he can do without tape before we ever get him on our team.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 12:39 AM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2186/weisathon.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/i/weisathon.jpg/)

tony hipchest
12-08-2010, 12:58 AM
The problem with Weis. . . .

is that his offense had the benefit of tape. I want to see what he can do without tape before we ever get him on our team.

well, since we have a" josh mcdaniels as OC" thread (who actually sucks and hasnt proven worthy of a steelers gig).... :bump:

tons of great football analysis in this one. :chuckle:

i was one in favor of shitcanning that stiff arians in favor of chuck. not because he totally sucks balls, but if there is a chance to provide the slightest upgrade to our offensive coaching, the steelers owe it to the talent and the fans to explore the option.

the funny thing is how many steelerfans think norv turner, brian billick, and charlie weiss suck just because of a bias against teams they coached for.

so what has chuck done?

the cheifs lead their division, have flipped their win/loss record, and have the #1 rush team in the league by nearly 25 yards (God forbid we get back to that running stuff that the boss ordered).

cheifs are 9th in scoring in the league. steelers = 14th.

cassell is the 5th highest rated passer (ben is 6th).

cassell has 23 td/4 int. ben has 13/5.

the cheifs have the wr with the most td's in the league with bowe who is also 8th in yards.

KC 6th in total offensive yards. steelers 21st.

:hunch:

sharkweek
12-08-2010, 01:32 AM
I would have welcomed Weis as an OC.

LeBeau made a terrible head coach but he's awesome as our DC.

Happens all the time where coordinators can be awesome as coordinators but can't cut it as a head coach, and vice versa.

I have no respect for or trust in Daniels though.

Whodis
12-08-2010, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=sharkweek;876933LeBeau made a terrible head coach but he's awesome as our DC.

Happens all the time where coordinators can be awesome as coordinators but can't cut it as a head coach, and vice versa.

[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums it up. It can't get much worse on offense.

Rotorhead
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
At this point I would take an 8yr old girl as our OC over the bum we have now. 3rd and 19 and the jackass calls a draw play. . . Reminds me of a previous season 4th and forever and we run a QB draw season over! 1st and goal at the 2 and we "trick" our way into a FG. Mr "if it works then let's not do it" needs to go no matter what. I am to the point I can't even watch he games anymore cause I get so angry at the moronic play calling. If he is back next season I think I may just read about the games after the fact and I get he dam Sunday ticket for free! Please get a real OC and soon.

sharkweek
12-08-2010, 11:25 AM
At this point I would take an 8yr old girl as our OC over the bum we have now. 3rd and 19 and the jackass calls a draw play. . . Reminds me of a previous season 4th and forever and we run a QB draw season over! 1st and goal at the 2 and we "trick" our way into a FG. Mr "if it works then let's not do it" needs to go no matter what. I am to the point I can't even watch he games anymore cause I get so angry at the moronic play calling. If he is back next season I think I may just read about the games after the fact and I get he dam Sunday ticket for free! Please get a real OC and soon.

I agree in that I think Arians isn't cutting it, but you do realize on some 3rd and long plays its better to just cut your losses by calling a safe play and conceding to punt, right?

There aren't many plays you can call for 3rd and 19, even plays for converting 3rd and 10 are very low percentage, let alone 3rd and 19. With that score and that point in the game conceding the set of downs to punt and live to fight another day is smart.

Rotorhead
12-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Not a draw play though, especially when it hasnt worked all game. Put a dam fullback in and at least attempt to get the first, run a sweep or that stupid no working reverse to ARE. If I recall they didn't even give it to mendy, our best runner. The man has no concept of the current situation when calling plays. I am so f'ing tired of his pass plays designed to get our QB killed. After rewatching the game the majority of passes I could count a full 3 seconds before the receivers even start their breaks. Ben takes a 3 step drop and has to wait, I fully believe he pump fakes to slow the rush as NONE of the receivers are even looking. It is even more obvious when we go no huddle and move the ball at will with short crossing routes. Sorry for the rant but I just rewatched the game and am furious again at the play calling.

MDSteel15
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I would have welcomed Weis as an OC.

LeBeau made a terrible head coach but he's awesome as our DC.

I have no respect for or trust in Daniels though.

That's what I was thinking but I don't know if I want an ex-Patriot either.... :coffee:

tony hipchest
12-09-2010, 07:18 PM
That's what I was thinking but I don't know if I want an ex-Patriot either.... :coffee:this is the type of thinking i dont quite understand, and its not just you, its a majority of fans ive encountered on this board in 5-6 years.

not just with coaches, but with some good players as well.

i for one, woulda welcomed vick with open arms when the steelers were rumored to be 1 of the few teams willing to give him a chance.

as for weiss, i think too many steelerfans let personal bias and hate get in the way of sound judgement for what is in the best interests of the team and what would help them have the most success.

i would love to see what ben and the rest of the steelers talent could do with a real coordinator.

just look at what matt cassell has done in the 8 games since big ben has been back from suspension-

19 td/1 int (ben is 13/5)

the cheifs have scored 42 points (6 td's) twice in that span. arians offense has never put up 6 tds in a single game since he took over in 07.

:noidea:

oh, did i mention that the chiefs are primarilly a running team who leads the league in rushing?

sure there are many factors that go into these stats such as a weak schedule, and a strong healthy o-line. coaching is also a factor. the cheifs have completely sucked for about 5 years now.

the point is, many steelerfans would bitch and moan about anyone proposed to come in and coordinate.

norv turner
brian billick
chan gailey
charlei weiss
cam cameron
mike martz
jim fassell

hell, most people hate mike holmgren so bad, they would probably cry if he were named qb coach. :laughing:

MattsMe
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
this is the type of thinking i dont quite understand, and its not just you, its a majority of fans ive encountered on this board in 5-6 years.

not just with coaches, but with some good players as well.

i for one, woulda welcomed vick with open arms when the steelers were rumored to be 1 of the few teams willing to give him a chance.

as for weiss, i think too many steelerfans let personal bias and hate get in the way of sound judgement for what is in the best interests of the team and what would help them have the most success.

i would love to see what ben and the rest of the steelers talent could do with a real coordinator.

just look at what matt cassell has done in the 8 games since big ben has been back from suspension-

19 td/1 int (ben is 13/5)

the cheifs have scored 42 points (6 td's) twice in that span. arians offense has never put up 6 tds in a single game since he took over in 07.

:noidea:

oh, did i mention that the chiefs are primarilly a running team who leads the league in rushing?

sure there are many factors that go into these stats such as a weak schedule, and a strong healthy o-line. coaching is also a factor. the cheifs have completely sucked for about 5 years now.

the point is, many steelerfans would bitch and moan about anyone proposed to come in and coordinate.

norv turner
brian billick
chan gailey
charlei weiss
cam cameron
mike martz
jim fassell

hell, most people hate mike holmgren so bad, they would probably cry if he were named qb coach. :laughing:

I can't agree with you about Ron Mexico, but I'd take Weis over Arians in a second. Same goes for most of the others on that list.

The only real problem I have with Norv Turner is that he's had SO much talent and consistently underperformed with it. And not just a little. It reminds me a little of all the talent BA has let go to waste.

Oh, and his name is NORV.

tony hipchest
12-09-2010, 09:24 PM
The only real problem I have with Norv Turner is that he's had SO much talent and consistently underperformed with it. And not just a little. It reminds me a little of all the talent BA has let go to waste.

Oh, and his name is NORV.

i hear ya. it screams "DORK". plus one time a fly landed on his face and declared "its one small step for fly, one giant leap for flykind". :chuckle:

heres why i dont have a problem with norv- like lebeau or capers, they are proven to be much better and successful coordinators than head coaches.

steelerfans like the run game. their best single season rusher was barry foster w/ 1690 yds. almost led the league in rushing yards but emmit smith (under norv) beat him.

smith
steven davis
rickey williams
tomlinson
frank gore

all had the best seasons of their careers under norv.

emmit smith broke the td record with 23 i think. then i believe davis broke that, tomlinson still holds the td rushing record for a single season.

all 5 of these backs on 5 seperate teams led the league in rushing td's. i think smith, williams, and tomlinson all led the league in yards too.

pretty impressive. he hasnt done too shabby with the likes of aikman and rivers, or TE's novacheck and gates as well.

SECTION219
12-10-2010, 03:39 AM

So would Big Ben..the pervert.:tt: