PDA

View Full Version : Ben Out per Glazer

jjpro11
11-28-2009, 10:00 AM
PFT. Glazer is pretty damn reliable.

Glazer: Roethlisberger out with concussion
Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2009 10:49 AM ET

Despite several days of optimism regarding the availability of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for Sunday night's game against the Ravens, Roethlisberger will not play, according to Jay Glazer of FOX, via Twitter.

Glazer reports that Roethlisberger has been suffering from exercise-induced headaches. Thus, the team has decided to shut him down.

Starting for the Steelers will be Dennis Dixon, a fifth-round pick in 2008 who slid down the draft board after suffering a torn ACL during the 2007 college football season. (He actually played with the injury for one game before getting surgery to repair it.)

Dixon steps in because veteran Charlie Batch suffered a wrist injury during the handful of snaps he took in overtime on Sunday against the Chiefs, after Roethlisberger took a knee to the head.

Doubts regarding Roethlisberger's availability for Sunday first emerged on Friday, when Jason La Canfora of NFLN reported that Roethlisberger might miss the game.
Permalink 0 Comments RSS feed for comments Latest stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Injuries, Latest News and Rumors, NFL Mobile Exclusives - Injuries, Pittsburgh Steelers, Top Stories
Previous: Commish sits down with Bears players
0 Responses to "Glazer: Roethlisberger out with concussion"

jaygorius
11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Damn. I was encouraged last night by Dale Lolley (Pittsburgh reporter) disputing Jason La Canfora's report that Ben might sit out. Can't really fault Ben in trying all week to get ready to play, but too bad it wasn't known earlier that he wouldn't be. Perhaps Dixon would have gotten more time prepping. I know he shared in practicing with the first team and all... but I guess that it is such a huge game that I hope it goes well.

Fortunately teams have been able to run on the Ravens this year, so hopefully we can get by with a heavy dose of that. Too bad Kemo is out as well. The defense is really going to have to come up big for the Steelers in this one.

ETL
11-28-2009, 10:25 AM
who's the back QB to dixon?

who's the 3rd string QB?

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Hines Ward-- no BS.

Shoes
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
who's the back QB to dixon?

who's the 3rd string QB?

Arians :chuckle:......................this should be exciting!

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
The rumor mill is in full-swing, but still no official word. :noidea:

AlleghanyAdams87
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
hopefully the team hap prepared all week for this, and has some plays in to compliment Dixon's strengths...I've watched the Ravens all year, this could turn out different then many think.

cubanstogie
11-28-2009, 10:39 AM
pretty official, I just saw it on espn college gameday. Wow how things can change overnight.

AlleghanyAdams87
11-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Nothing is really official until he is listed as inactive for the game...The steelers don't give another injury report other then wednesday...He is questionable until he is inactive.

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 10:45 AM
pretty official, I just saw it on espn college gameday. Wow how things can change overnight.
As a Twitter rumor, or as an actual story? Either way, I have every confidence in Dixon's ability to hold his own in this system. I'm just looking for some kind of confirmation.

Watching feedbot in the meantime...

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4695497&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Still not confirmed by any journalistic standard, but the rumor may well be correct...

PMhbNFu9OR4
We're with you, Dennis! :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Steelers official site still says that Ben passed all tests..and Ben says he went to the best doctors and was cleared to play

Roethlisberger said all is normal and he will play on Sunday night against the Ravens in Baltimore.
Im planning on it, said Roethlisberger. Its been a normal week. Weve got a big game Sunday night.
http://www.steelers.com/article/115065/

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 10:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4695497&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Still not confirmed by any journalistic standard, but the rumor may well be correct...

PMhbNFu9OR4
We're with you, Dennis! :thumbsup:

John Clayton also reported that Stafford wouldnt play last Thursday. :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Glazer is pretty reliable, so I think this really may happen. IF it does, then look at it this way....the Steelers have no doubtedly pared down the playbook to keep it simple for Dixon. They will play to his strengths and look to stay in it with defense and a heavy running game.

SteelGhost
11-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Bad news from two sources (La Canfora and Glazer that is) let's wait official words, but if the river sounds ......

Maybe it's "wildcat time" for Dennis, despite of the fact that Arians does not like it and even doesn't have it in the playbook

** This post may contain some sarcasm ** :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Updated: November 28, 2009, 11:59 AM ET
Source: Big Ben out against Ravens By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be scratched for Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Ravens because of his concussion and will only be the third quarterback, a source confirmed Saturday.

Roethlisberger expressed reservations about playing Friday, and he and the Steelers' medical staff decided Saturday to sideline him.

The Steelers will sign quarterback Tyler Palko off the practice squad and release receiver Shaun McDonald. Dennis Dixon will be the starting quarterback and Palko will be the backup.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4695497

Oh well, I think the over/under on games to be missed by Ben this year was 2.

GridironWarrior
11-28-2009, 11:03 AM
They'll be forced to run the ball more now.

AllD
11-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't believe they would release McDonald who has sure hands. The Jets or Fins would be smart to pick him up, he is a #2 anywhere else.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 11:04 AM
ProFootballWeekly now also reporting it

Posted Nov. 28, 2009 @ 11:43 a.m.
By PFW staff

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will miss Sunday's game at Baltimore with a concussion, FoxSports.com reported Saturday.

Dennis Dixon will start in place of Roethlisberger, who suffered the injury in Pittsburgh's overtime loss at Kansas City in Week 11. Dixon has appeared in just one game in his NFL career, and he has never started. He was a fifth-round pick in the 2008 NFL draft after starring at Oregon.

According to the FoxSports.com report, Roethlisberger has been suffering from "exercise-induced headaches," leading the club's medical staff to rule him out of Sunday's game.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/11/28/report-roethlisberger-out-with-concussion-dixon-to

CRAP!!!!!

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 11:05 AM
:mad::banging:ESPN's bottom line (I believe that's what it's called?) said that Ben will not play Sunday. CRAP!!!!!

fansince'76
As a Twitter rumor, or as an actual story?

Hey now, Twitter is the most reliable source of news out there, especially tweets from former Browns' scouts. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
I can't believe they would release McDonald who has sure hands. The Jets or Fins would be smart to pick him up, he is a #2 anywhere else.

....or Ravens.

BlastFurnace
11-28-2009, 11:08 AM
If Ben is out.....oh boy

I guess the winning streak hopefully will begin next week.

That KC loss gets more and more painful as we go on.

Unfortunately, for the Steelers, they are in the situation they are in because they lost winnable games earlier this season. The Chicago and KC losses may cost us the playoffs now.

bradness113
11-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Roethlisberger out for tomorrow's Steelers game

Saturday, November 28, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

In a stunning development, Dennis Dixon and not Ben Roethlisberger will start at quarterback against the Baltimore Ravens tomorrow night after Roethlisberger decided he did not want to risk further injury to his head.

Although Roethlisberger said on Thursday that he felt fine, passed every test they'd given him and would start against the Ravens, he apparently began having second thoughts yesterday. Roethlisberger left last Sunday's game in Kansas City with what were described as concussion-like symptoms after a blow to his head.

Those symptoms disappeared on Monday and every test administered to him failed to show any symptoms of a concussion.

However, Dixon took most of the snaps in practice on Friday while Roethlisberger took a few here and there.

The Steelers plan to sign quarterback Tyler Palko from the practice squad today to their 53-man roster and he will back up Dixon tomorrow in Baltimore. Palko's first practice with the Steelers came Thursday after he cleared CFL waivers and was signed to their practice squad. Veteran receive Shaun McDonald will be released

URL="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09332/1017071-100.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09332/1017071-100.stm[/URL]

Time for a mendenhall and parker to carry the team. along w/ the defense. LETS GO. :tt02::tt02::tt02: :helmet: :tt02::tt02:

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 11:13 AM
All the new reports are simply parroting the current rumor.
I like Dixon, and I like the idea of using the question mark he represents to our advantage.
The Ravens have practiced all week expecting Ben (a QB who uses his legs to stretch the field horizontally). They are not prepared for a QB like Dixon (who uses his legs to stretch the field vertically).

Starting a new thread...

Shoes
11-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, if this story is so, I'm excited for Dixon. The kid is green but so was Ben at one time. He's got some tools that Ben and Chuck don't have, plus he'll be getting lot's of good direction from Ben. If the D does its job and the O helps this kid out we will have a win :tt::tt:

BlastFurnace
11-28-2009, 11:18 AM
This is going to be brutal tomorrow night.

We are missing the 3 players that we all agreed we could not do without before the season began....Ben, Troy, and Aaron Smith.

Shoes
11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
This is going to be brutal tomorrow night.

We are missing the 3 players that we all agreed we could not do without before the season began....Ben, Troy, and Aaron Smith.

The Rats are hurting also..........and we had injuries last year.

Steel_Bus_24
11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Man I was just starting to move on but now this has just reminded me how deep we are in the sh**

Now our playoff hopes rest on a 3rd string QB

From champs, to barely making the playoffs with one of the easiest schedules ever:shake01:

Of course I'll be cheering for them to the bitter end:tt03: but its tough to see us wasting potential

MACH1
11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey now, Twitter is the most reliable source of news out there, especially tweets from former Browns' scouts. :chuckle:

And used car salesmen. :sofunny:

jjpro11
11-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Man I was just starting to move on but now this has just reminded me how deep we are in the sh**

From champs, to barely making the playoffs with one of the easiest schedules ever:shake01:

Of course I'll be cheering for them to the bitter end:tt03: but its tough to see us wasting potential

pretty much like 06 all over again. everything from the close winnable losses to the D and ST letting us down to a Big Ben concussion.. hopefully a Ravens blowout isn't in store.

BlastFurnace
11-28-2009, 11:29 AM
The Rats are hurting also..........and we had injuries last year.

They are not missing Flacco and Reed though.

This is going to be a long game...

BlastFurnace
11-28-2009, 11:31 AM

The Steelers have only themselves to blame for this mess. If they had taken care of business against the Chiefs, they wouldn't be in this mess.

Shoes
11-28-2009, 11:34 AM

Reed will play but is hurting as is ray ray, Suggs is out I believe.....our D will have to take care of the eyebrows.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Would not like to see dennis dixon get hurt... because our season would be officially be over.... especiall if be is out for awhile... but would be fun to watch WARD as our qb... lol

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
He's received a lot of starting looks in practice, and the Steelers' predilection for shotgun formations and bunching their receivers in short clearout routes will play to Dixon's strengths to a degree.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Big-Ben-out-with-concussion-Dennis-Dixon-to-sta?urn=nfl,205341

At least Arians might do something right lol

theplatypus
11-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I wonder if this is an actual "new" development or if the Steelers were just making it harder for the Ravens to prepare for Dixon.

iloveben7
11-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I can't say I'm not surprised by this decision. Thank you for choosing Ben's life over a football game.
The Ravens weren't preparing for Dixon and plus Dennis got a lot of snaps in practice this week, so I have faith we can still beat the Ravens.

But I like how so many people say Ben isn't an elite QB and the Steelers can win with any QB, but as soon as Ben is out for the game, everyone thinks we can't win. (I'm referring to the media)

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
if dixon plays i hope he can do this

BcHa4MzCICc

jjpro11
11-28-2009, 11:59 AM
We beat the Browns on SNF with Batch running the show.. hopefully Dixon has a prime time performance in him.

i just hope we can run the ball though. i honestly can't remember the last time we ran the ball even somewhat effectively against the Ravens.

Stang909
11-28-2009, 12:03 PM
if dixon plays i hope he can do this

BcHa4MzCICc

I love that he did that to *ichigan!

We beat the Browns on SNF with Batch running the show.. hopefully Dixon has a prime time performance in him.

i just hope we can run the ball though. i honestly can't remember the last time we ran the ball even somewhat effectively against the Ravens.

That was the browns and Batch, quite a difference from the ravens and dixon. I have some faith in him though, if nothing else maybe he makes a few exciting plays with his legs.

Here's some fuel for all the Arians haters, and hopefully dixon will make him eat his words.

This taken from Steelers Digest Aug. 22, 2009 Camp Quotables Section pg. 17

"I'm not a Wildcat guy, and Dennis Dixon would get broken in half." - Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians

Jmat
11-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Brett Favre would play concussion or not. That's why he is Brett Favre the iron man of pro sports.
Ben's a puss.

Psyychoward86
11-28-2009, 12:08 PM
The Ravens have Fabian Washington on IR and Terrell Suggs is doubtful. And Reed and Rayray are hurting, and havent even practiced on Friday. We can do this!
God be with you Dixon. Heal up Ben, and hopefully a tenacious attitude will overcome all of these injuries that we have :tt03:

Shoes
11-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Brett Favre would play concussion or not. That's why he is Brett Favre the iron man of pro sports.
Ben's a puss.

Spoken like a REAL man :coffee:

fansince'76
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Spoken like a REAL douche :coffee:

Fixed.

Stang909
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Ben's a puss.

Maybe thats why he can't make up his mind on whether to stay retired or not, he has to much head trauma. :noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Ben is not a puss, he is ironman, he just has a temprorarily dent in the metal :(

X-Terminator
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Ben's a puss.

He played nearly the entire season last year with an AC joint injury in his THROWING ARM. Yeah, that just screams "puss." :coffee:

Teams do not mess around with concussions anymore, period - and rightfully so. Another concussion so soon after suffering one could have devastating effects, and I'm sorry, but a man's livelihood is more important than a football game.

That was just a ridiculous thing to say.

Fire Haley
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Roethlisberger started to complain of headaches after practice on Wednesday and Thursday

Well there ya go - - - it's best he sit.

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Ben's a puss.

Then why don't you go put on a purple cheerleader outfit and dance around for Lord Favre...the epitome of a turnover machine, which is what happens when you play injured too often, you end up LOSING games for your team...see Jets last season, and is what happened when Ben came back too soon from injuries in '06.

tony hipchest
11-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Ben's a puss.dumbass post of the year award. :thumbsup:

as for the twitter reports, as far as glazer, mortenson, and shefter are concerned they are loyal to their networks. when they "break" a story on twitter, it is always with the caveat that the story has already been submitted to the press. its just that twitter readers will get the "news" before sporscenter headlines with it.

im really suprised they dumped mcdonald for palko. hopefully they get him back after this game. although upside is limited, he is solid insurance. im sure others are suprised sweed wasnt the one dumped. :popcorn:

as for ben, its one thing to wake up feeling great every morning and taking test. but if your head starts pounding and your vision gets blurry after an hour of work and playing, working out etc... then he should sit. his hit looked exactly like westbrooks.

we all know how he played against the raiders when he "felt fine" two years ago. this is whats best for the team.

i expect the steelers will let dennis showcase his arm early and if its working, stick with it until they build up a lead.

frankvctr
11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
This is a great opportunity for Dixon starting in a very important game for Steelers. For fans for both sides, The game is getting more excited to watch. Let's hope Dixon deliver.

onefortheotherhand
11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
honestly im glad ben sat out. you hear all these terrible stores about ex-nfl players after they retire get screwed up because of head trauma.

remeber the story about iron mike? that made me tear up : /

dennis dixon has been in the system for two years and knows our playbook. no he won't be like slash, he can throw pretty will and when the opportunity arises he can make plays with his legs.

im sick of people hating on ben. why trade one game for your livelihood

Rick5895
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I have said it in other threads, I will say it again here. Err on the side of caution with Ben, play Dixon. To those that thinks we are doomed to be blown out, IMO YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!! Dixon will surprise us all. He has great ball handling skills, throws a better deep ball than Ben, IMO, he will make plays running as well. With Dixon in the game I believe Wallace will have a big game now.
Ben is our franchise QB it seems silly to pay him 102 mil, and play him with a head injury. This will cement Dennis as our #2. Steelers will win by a TD.

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I have said it in other threads, I will say it again here. Err on the side of caution with Ben, play Dixon. To those that thinks we are doomed to be blown out, IMO YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!! Dixon will surprise us all. He has great ball handling skills, throws a better deep ball than Ben, IMO, he will make plays running as well. With Dixon in the game I believe Wallace will have a big game now.
Ben is our franchise QB it seems silly to pay him 102 mil, and play him with a head injury. This will cement Dennis as our #2. Steelers will win by a TD.

I agree with this. I'd rather lose the game tomorrow than risk further injury to Ben. It's just football after all and meant to be entertainment. I'm excited to see how Dixon will do, he's been standing on the sidelines long enough. Trial by fire baby!

frankvctr
11-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey, if Dixon plays well for the next two, three games, he could be hot commodity. we could trade him for a few first round picks. I think he is better than Cutler.

mesaSteeler
11-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Well who knows in Ben will play or not.

Maybe Ben is playing drama queen again and will play anyway. Perhaps he is jerking the media's chain. After all the Steelers have not yet confirmed that Ben will not play. All of this is from a "league source". Perhaps this is a ploy to screw up the Ratbird defensive coordinator to have them start preparing for the wrong QB.

steelerchad
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm excited for Dixon. Remember this guy was first round talent and only slipped in the draft due to an injury his senior year. Ben got his start the same way due to injury. This game could show us if DIxon can be our #2 for years to come as Charlie is done in my opinion.

Sure, I'd rather have a healthy Ben for this important game. But, let's get behind Dixon and get a win tomorrow night. For those of you going to the game, be heard.
This team hasn't played a complete game all year. Now's the time for the rest of the team to step up. Run the ball well, play great defense, protect the football, and no special teams blow ups and we will win this game.

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Well who knows in Ben will play or not.

Maybe Ben is playing drama queen again and will play anyway. Perhaps he is jerking the media's chain. After all the Steelers have not yet confirmed that Ben will not play. All of this is from a "league source". Perhaps this is a ploy to screw up the Ratbird defensive coordinator to have them start preparing for the wrong QB.

I don't know...seems pretty confirmed to me. Even KDKA is reporting that he probably won't play tomorrow. And if they were going to be screwing with the medias heads, wouldn't this have come out earlier in the week, not on Saturday morning? Also, releasing McDonald and moving Palko to the 53 man squad is a good indicator that Ben will be out. I've read reports saying that Ben will dress and will go in an emergency situation, but that's about it.

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm excited for Dixon. Remember this guy was first round talent and only slipped in the draft due to an injury his senior year. Ben got his start the same way due to injury. This game could show us if DIxon can be our #2 for years to come as Charlie is done in my opinion.

Sure, I'd rather have a healthy Ben for this important game. But, let's get behind Dixon and get a win tomorrow night. For those of you going to the game, be heard.
This team hasn't played a complete game all year. Now's the time for the rest of the team to step up. Run the ball well, play great defense, protect the football, and no special teams blow ups and we will win this game.

the broncos game was a complete game imo...

after tommorows game, dixon will be annoited King Dixon

mesaSteeler
11-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't know...seems pretty confirmed to me. Even KDKA is reporting that he probably won't play tomorrow. And if they were going to be screwing with the medias heads, wouldn't this have come out earlier in the week, not on Saturday morning? Also, releasing McDonald and moving Palko to the 53 man squad is a good indicator that Ben will be out. I've read reports saying that Ben will dress and will go in an emergency situation, but that's about it.

You could right. It's a little difficult for me to listen to KDKA here.

Stang909
11-28-2009, 01:24 PM

even Steelers text messages said he is going to be out so its not looking good

Angus Burgher
11-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Can I ask why, every time Ben gets injured, someone labels him a "drama queen?" Every quarterback in the league gets hurt, but I only ever hear people say this crap about Ben. And he rarely complains about it... all I ever hear him say is something to the effect of "yeah, I got hurt...but its the nature of the game." Yeah, totally dramatic there. Give me a break. The guy has muscled his way through so many defenders to connect on passes, there's isn't a doubt in my mind that he's the toughest QB in the game - even Men's Fitness Magazine thinks so.., lol!

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 01:27 PM

Yeah, I forgot you're down in AZ lol. I was very skeptical yesterday when it was coming out of La Confora's blog, but this seems pretty legit. Maybe Ben and the coaches actually held this news in most of the week to screw with the Ravens. Not knowing that Dixon would be starting until today definitely plays to the Steelers advantage.

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Can I ask why, every time Ben gets injured, someone labels him a "drama queen?" Every quarterback in the league gets hurt, but I only ever hear people say this crap about Ben. And he rarely complains about it... all I ever hear him say is something to the effect of "yeah, I got hurt...but its the nature of the game." Yeah, totally dramatic there. Give me a break. The guy has muscled his way through so many defenders to connect on passes, there's isn't a doubt in my mind that he's the toughest QB in the game - even Men's Fitness Magazine thinks so.., lol!

It's because of the great toe debacle of '04 lol. I agree it's stupid, but it basically all stems from him not knowing when to shut up around the media lol.

Nadroj 20
11-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Ben's a puss.

Ben is one of the toughest players in the NFL, he always plays hurt and if this was up to ben he would be playing i bet its the doctors, even if it is bens decision hes making the correct one

This is one of the dumbest comments i have ever heard.

markymarc
11-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Here's your chance DD! Now go out and help win this game for the Steelers. I also think this was a very smart decision to sit Ben down for this game. We need him down the stretch of this season.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 01:44 PM
HOLD THE PHONE!!!

NFL.com now reporting....

......There is a small chance Roethlisberger could serve as an emergency quarterback, according to a league source, although that looks remote at this point. A final decision will come 90 minutes before kickoff, but at this point all parties involved are planning on Roethlisberger not suiting up in any capacity.

The Steelers have followed all league measures regarding clearance for concussions, and the Pro Bowler was cleared to practice all week.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/28/roethlisberger-out-vs-ravens/

Not saying that we will see Ben in the game...but they certainly have left the door open for the opportunity.

this could mean one of a couple of things:

1) Ben is out but they want the Ravens to have to prepare for both QB's (most probable)

2) Ben might actually play but they hope the Ravens see this as "a win" and will list as "out", those players that might have played if they thought the game was close...ie, Suggs.

Nadroj 20
11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
IMO its possible ( i said POSSIBLE lol) that ben wasnt going to play all along... they just said he would, then they put some packages in and worked with dixon all week and then say well ben aint playing, so the ravens arent prepared for dixon.....like i said just a possiblity.....

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 01:56 PM
We really aren't going to know until tomorrow shortly before game time if Ben is going to play (or even suit up). If he does suit up, I have a strong feeling it will be as an emergency backup to Dix. Whoever plays - I want to see some purple azz feathers spread all over the field. :tt02:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Ben's a puss.
Pretty stupid comment if you ask me. So, do you want Big Ben going down for season or worse? Do you want Big Ben to have Dementia? I didn't think so. Maybe you didn't know this, but you have to be VERY careful with concussions.

Preacher
11-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Ben's a puss.

That's probably the most ignorant comment I have read on this board in a long time.

Concussions are very serious. They are potentially as serious as broken vertebrae in the neck for how debilitating they can be, especially later in life.

Do you really want Ben to end up like Mike Webster? Does winning a football game that much? Get a grip on reality please, this is only a game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jmat
Ben's a puss.

I think you may be a prime example of what happens to people who have had one too many blows to the head.

You know...like this...:banging:

steel striker
11-28-2009, 02:27 PM
All I can say is wow and, this is a smart move. It's a huge game but, Ben's life and well being are more important. I don't want Ben to get hurt and be force out of the NFL like Aikman & Young and, I think just about everyone here wants Ben to be the guy to leads us to that #7 championship. To question his toughness after all the hits and sacks he has endured throughout his career is flat out ridiculous! Let's side on the air of safety here and, let Dixon help win this game for us. I really think there are alot of people here who take Ben for granted. I for one remember all of those aother qb's we have had through the years and, I'm so glad that Ben is our guy. The guy hardly complains about anything and, people still question him I just don't get it!

arge5809
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Reed and Lewis are both hurt but questionable. :tt03:

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I have no place to talk because im an average member but JMAT should be banned for the offensive comment, i find it offensive.

steeltheone
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Pretty stupid comment if you ask me. So, do you want Big Ben going down for season or worse? Do you want Big Ben to have Dementia? I didn't think so. Maybe you didn't know this, but you have to be VERY careful with concussions.

Hey , it might be a stupid opinion, but it's his. If everybody felt the same this board would be really boring!

Go Big Ben! Our Franchise!:tt03:

Merchant
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Dixon was a beast at Oregon.. something that I've noticed about the Ravens in recent years is that their weakness is a mobile QB.. this might not be as bad as many think. HAVE FAITH

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
They never played well against VIck

stillers4me
11-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey..think of the bright side. We a definitely going to see a lot more of the running game tomorrow.

Fire Haley
11-28-2009, 04:14 PM
So are we DOOMED or not?

I'm confused.

SteelersMomma
11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
So are we DOOMED or not?

I'm confused.

I think it will be a close game but we will win it! I made a poll in the room because I was kind of confused on what everyone was writing so I thought it would clear up on how we are all feeling about tomorrows game.

stillers4me
11-28-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm not going to stress about it. It is what it is. And Ben will recover and and we will either make the playoffs or we won't. And it all starts again next September.

Oh yeah....GOOOOOO BROWNS!

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm not going to stress about it. It is what it is. And Ben will recover and and we will either make the playoffs or we won't. And it all starts again next September.

Oh yeah....GOOOOOO BROWNS!
Do the Browns play the Bungals?

stillers4me
11-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Do the Browns play the Bungals?

You betcha!

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 05:06 PM
You betcha!
GO BROWNS!!!!!

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey , it might be a stupid opinion, but it's his. If everybody felt the same this board would be really boring!

Go Big Ben! Our Franchise!:tt03:
I actually like these idiots in a way... Their idiotic comments makes this board more interesting.:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
well, i guess i will have to say along with the rest of you... GO BROWNS!!!

as for ben sitting out this game, although we really need him, i think its best he sits out if he is still having effects of getting kneed in the head. but man, this really hurts our chances now.

Jmat
11-28-2009, 07:29 PM

I'm not asking you.
I'm calling it as I see it with Ben. All week we heard that he was fine and passing all the tests and he practiced all week and the Doctors cleared him and he was gung ho to play Sunday night.
Suddenly at the last minute he isn't going to play in what is a must win game for the Steelers. A playoff game according to many people I'm read posts from..

Is Ben just a little bit afraid of the Rats and what they can and will do to him? Did he lose confidence in his O-line knowing that he's going to get sacked at least three times?
I'm calling bullshit.
I'll bet he knew since Wednesday that he wasn't going to play but Ben does enjoy creating drama.

tony hipchest
11-28-2009, 07:30 PM
and we're calling it as we see it with you.

you're a douche. :hunch:

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm not asking you.
I'm calling it as I see it with Ben. All week we heard that he was fine and passing all the tests and he practiced all week and the Doctors cleared him and he was gung ho to play Sunday night.
Suddenly at the last minute he isn't going to play in what is a must win game for the Steelers. A playoff game according to many people I'm read posts from..

Is Ben just a little bit afraid of the Rats and what they can and will do to him? Did he lose confidence in his O-line knowing that he's going to get sacked at least three times?
I'm calling bullshit.
I'll bet he knew since Wednesday that he wasn't going to play but Ben does enjoy creating drama.

You Douche.

Ever heard of "Cancer" it can come back.... concussions can have ill effects, not the same as cancer but it can have after effects. One minute he could be fine, the next he could be dumbstruck.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 07:48 PM
You Douche.

Ever heard of "Cancer" it can come back.... concussions can have ill effects, not the same as cancer but it can have after effects. One minute he could be fine, the next he could be dumbstruck.
when does ben not look dumbstruck?? j/k
maybe he didnt want to play b/c he has a hot date??? and wants to remember what happens on it..lol..

ok seriously, if the guy was experiencing headaches after practice on friday, then yes tomlin should bench his butt. who knows if it was ben's decision or tomlin's.

Merchant
11-28-2009, 08:17 PM
LOL @ some of you thinking Ben is *****ing out... I guarantee you, if he could play, he would. Concussions aren't something to toy around with. He's a still a young QB with his best years for us as the Steelers signal-caller ahead of him. Those future years are much more important than this game.

TIME TO DO WHAT YOU DID AT OREGON, DIXON!!!

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Is Ben just a little bit afraid of the Rats and what they can and will do to him?
I'm sorry... how many SB rings does Ben have? How many SB rings do the Ravens have? Yeah... :coffee:
/me ponders the kind of drooling idiot it requires to think Big Ben has ever been afraid to take a hit...

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm not asking you.

I'm calling bullshit.
Ben doesn't dictate to the team doctors as to whether he will play or not! IT'S THE TEAM DOCTORS CALL, NOT BEN'S! :headbutt:

Your post just amazes me.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Ben doesn't dictate to the team doctors as to whether he will play or not! IT'S THE TEAM DOCTORS CALL, NOT BEN'S! :headbutt:

Your post just amazes me.
you know everyone can be bribed for the right price.:wink02:

but i have always said since coach T got here, he would put the players health before a game.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 08:49 PM
you know everyone can be bribed for the right price.:wink02:

but i have always said since coach T got here, he would put the players health before a game.
LOL:sofunny::toofunny:

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm not asking you.

I'm calling bullshit.

Yes, Ben is askeered, very veeeeerrrryyy askeered. I mean, just look at how he played them 3 times last year....that's how askeered he is.

And what makes you think that he would SUDDENLY lose confidence in his O-Line? Did you just start watching the Steelers this year or something? Do you not realize he's been taking hits his whole career?

And yeah, maybe they knew earlier that he wasn't going to play, but maybe, just maybe, they were toying with the Ravens a little bit so they wouldn't have time to prepare for Dixon. That wouldn't be smart or anything would it? Of course it wouldn't be smart to take whatever little shred of advantage that you can when playing a division foe.

And maybe, JUST MAYBE, this decision wasn't left up to Ben, but to his doctors and coaches. That would just be shocking!

This post just beat your earlier post for stupidest post of the year. Congratulations!

Nadroj 20
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not asking you.

I'm calling bullshit.

Come on man you couldnt have just become a steeler fan yesterday could you?

Ben is as tough as they come he is willing to put his body on the line and he has played injured before....this is his 3rd or 4th concussion though....he can not take a chance on missing the season....im guessing youd be the one on here complaining if he got hurt during the game if he had played...youd be saying he shoulda sat out!!

I dont like the fact he isnt playing either, i would much rather see him play but if your hurt your hurt and this kind of injury is too serious to risk it.....with concussions you have to consider long term as well as short term.

X-Terminator
11-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm not asking you.

I'm calling bullshit.

Just when I thought you couldn't top yourself...

THIS has to be the single dumbest post ever on this board, and believe me, I've seen plenty. Tim Lumber has made more sense than this.

How the HELL can Ben be scared of the Rats when he beat them three times last year and was INJURED for 2 of them? It just defies comprehension for you to even THINK that, let alone type it.

Again, concussions are NOT something to play around with, and teams take each and every one seriously. Troy Polamalu has missed games or parts of games with concussions - is he a "puss" in your mind?

And thank you for once again reminding me why I haven't been around here much lately.

Shoes
11-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't top yourself...

THIS has to be the single dumbest post ever on this board, and believe me, I've seen plenty. Tim Lumber has made more sense than this.

How the HELL can Ben be scared of the Rats when he beat them three times last year and was INJURED for 2 of them? It just defies comprehension for you to even THINK that, let alone type it.

Again, concussions are NOT something to play around with, and teams take each and every one seriously. Troy Polamalu has missed games or parts of games with concussions - is he a "puss" in your mind?

And thank you for once again reminding me why I haven't been around here much lately.

Easy on the kid....he's going through puberty :chuckle:

stb_steeler
11-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Arians :chuckle:......................this should be exciting!

Arians....cool, then he can see some of the bonehead calls that he gives Ben. Maybe he can take all the sacks from now on....:rofl:

supa_fly_steeler
11-29-2009, 07:42 AM
when does ben not look dumbstruck?? j/k
maybe he didnt want to play b/c he has a hot date??? and wants to remember what happens on it..lol..

ok seriously, if the guy was experiencing headaches after practice on friday, then yes tomlin should bench his butt. who knows if it was ben's decision or tomlin's.

noooooooo not another women who wanna grabs money :mad:

i wonder if Jmat was also calling Ryan Clark a *****, although he had to have major surgery then coming back next year destroying.

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 07:45 AM
i wonder if Jmat was also calling Ryan Clark a *****, although he had to have major surgery then coming back next year destroying.

Brett Favre would've played, emergency splenectomy or not! Clark's such a wuss. :rolleyes:

supa_fly_steeler
11-29-2009, 08:20 AM
lol everyone is such a wuss, don't forget aaron smith i heard he's the biggest ***** in the NFL.

If Dixon plays well is there a chance he starts against the Raiders next week to allow Ben to recover?

yinzer-inseattle
11-29-2009, 08:51 AM

Anyone who thinks the Rooneys would allow any player to manipulate the media for personal reasons has been asleep, in a coma or just not paying attention for the past 40 years.

I think this went down just as reported, Ben wanted to start but when a series of post concussion headaches gets your attention you listen. Really, where's the drama.

revefsreleets
11-29-2009, 08:58 AM
This thread demonstrates as well as any other that I've seen here that the average, casual fan, has only a rudimentary understanding of NFL football...

There have been some true comedic gems...I mean some classic, for-the-ages posts here...

Christian Snyder
11-29-2009, 12:36 PM
This thread demonstrates as well as any other that I've seen here that the average, casual fan, has only a rudimentary understanding of NFL football...

There have been some true comedic gems...I mean some classic, for-the-ages posts here...
Yes, there's been some truly intelligent posts on here.

stillers4me
11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
So I guess Kurt Warner is a drama queen, playing the media, too. He was fine all week, but woke up this morning with neck soreness. Guess who else is not playing today?