PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Be a Physical Game... What If Dixon Goes Down ??

SteelerEmpire
11-28-2009, 02:49 PM
If that happens... were gonna see what this team is REALLY made of.... seeing were fighting for our playoff survival.... :doh::noidea:

SoCalFan
11-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Good question.We have a few recievers that can throw the ball!

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 02:53 PM
If that happens... were gonna see what this team is REALLY made of.... seeing were fighting for our playoff survival.... :doh::noidea:

I'd say IF that happens, we're in quite a pickle. Don't you worry - the Ratfinks are going to give it their all to try and knock Dix out of the game, being the dirtbags they are.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I wonder if Hines would be any good at QB? He would probably be the QB if Dixon goes down.

Nadroj 20
11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I wonder if Hines would be any good at QB? He would probably be the QB if Dixon goes down.

Pretty sure at this point he is the emergency QB, but there are some reports that ben is going to dress and he would actually play in an emergency situation.

Burghfan58
11-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Palko will be brought up from the practice squad for the game. I can't imagine he could do anthing more than take a snap and hand off. :banging: In other words were screwed.

onefortheotherhand
11-28-2009, 03:19 PM
hines was a decent QB for UGA. he had like over 400 yards in the peach bowl passing

19ward86
11-28-2009, 03:31 PM
this game is ridiculous, 1 qb who has had three total snaps as the starter and no backup....i cant wait lol

mesaSteeler
11-28-2009, 03:40 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Roethlisberger may not play

I'll admit when I'm wrong and in this case, I was. The NFL Network's Jason La Canfora's report Friday night that Ben Roethlisberger may not play Sunday against the Ravens was correct.

Roethlisberger apparently is suffering from workout-related headaches and will serve as the No. 3 QB behind Tyler Palko, who will be added to the active roster.

Wide receiver Shaun McDonald will be released.

It's a surprising turn of events, especially considering the Steelers don't have backup Charlie Batch available.

But the Steelers will do some things that are specific to third-stringer Dennis Dixon's talents.

Against Baltimore's defense, however, that's not likely going to be a winning combination.

Because of that, I also have to change my pick in this game. Despite Baltimore's defensive injuries, the Ravens should be able to win this one, 20-10.

Posted by Dale Lolley at 1:31 PM 6 comments Links to this post

Shoes
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
this game is ridiculous, 1 qb who has had three total snaps as the starter and no backup....i cant wait lol

Ben will be the #3 QB.....

09_OTA_420_dh_Dixon_Anderson.jpg
Dixon will start at QB vs. Ravens
Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dennis Dixon will start at quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers when they face the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night at M&T Bank Stadium.

The decision to start Dixon, a second-year pro from Oregon who was the teamís fifth-round draft choice in 2008, was made by Coach Mike Tomlin in the aftermath of a game in Kansas City in which Ben Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch were injured.

Roethlisberger took a blow to the head in overtime, and then Batch broke a bone in his left wrist during a game the Steelers would lose, 27-24, in overtime.

The Steelers have added Tyler Palko to the active roster from their practice squad. Against the Ravens, Palko will serve as the backup, and Roethlisberger will be in uniform as the No. 3 quarterback.

http://www.steelers.com/article/115083/

revefsreleets
11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
This hampers us significantly, because we have to be very careful about utilizing Dixon's ability to run. Palko does NOT know our offense and I would have to guess we have very few pass plays open to him at this point.

This puts a tremendous amount of strain on our defense and ST's. They will have to play flawlessly and limit the Ravens to very few points if we want to win.