PDA

View Full Version : What's you're opinion of the game tomorrow

SteelersMomma
11-28-2009, 04:14 PM
poll coming :).

Edit: please explain why you feel this way.

SteelersMomma
11-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I think it will be a very close and intense game but we will pull through and win ourselves a game :).

JHSilverback
11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I think we still can pull this one off...baltimores defense looks banged up according to the injury list and their offense doesn't look far to impressive lately...so I'm guessin 10-7 steelers

BlastFurnace
11-28-2009, 04:22 PM
This will be the first time since Ben became QB that I am expecting the team to lose and lose big.

Why? Because Baltimore's defense is hard enough for Ben to deliver a scoring drive against. Dixon has absolutely no experience at all playing on an NFL level as well and breaking in against Baltimore defense is tough enough without that mountain to climb.

Yes, I am fully aware that Ben's first action was against Baltimore's defense as well and that he played pretty well...but Dixon...by no stretch of the imagination is anywhere near Ben's level of talent.

I would say that Baltimore would stack the line and dare Dixon to beat them with his arm, but with our problems running the ball, missing Kemo, and Arians's penchant for not running a lot to begin with, they won't need to stack the line to stop our running game.

Also, our defense is an average defense without Troy. Baltimore is healthy on offense. We are not healthy or the same on defense. D-line is banged up, LB'ers....other than Harrison...are not the playmaking group they were last year. The secondary is average at best without Troy. Our defense doesn't scare anyone minus Troy.

Yes, Baltimore has injuries as well, but their injuries are on defense and they have proven over the years to be able to put guys in there and still play a pretty good defense.

Is Baltimore a great team...no. Are the Steelers a great team...no. They are at home, this is a huge game for them as well, and they are healthier at the one position that we are not....Quarterback. That gives them a huge edge.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
It will be a close one but we will win... Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Terrel Suggs might not play and if they do, they won't be 100%... So, because of these injuries I say the Steelers will win IF THEY CAN GET A RUNNING GAME GOING!

Prediction: 20-17 Steelers.

SteelersMomma
11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I think we still can pull this one off...baltimores defense looks banged up according to the injury list and their offense doesn't look far to impressive lately...so I'm guessin 10-7 steelers

well on the nfl website we have the number 1 spot for defense while the Ravens are ranked number 9th.
For the offense we are 6th while the Ravens are 13th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

JHSilverback
11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
well on the nfl website we have the number 1 spot for defense while the Ravens are ranked number 9th.
For the offense we are 6th while the Ravens are 13th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

I have looked at that but, the ravens couldn't finish drives against the colts whos secondary isn't as up to par as ours and our rush defense is the best in the league...also this isn't the same ravens d, seeing as cedric benson rushed for over 100 yards against them twice and fabian washington just was injuried leaving them without their best corner imo...and besides a key to beating the ravens is not letting ed reed take one to the house which I'm sure ben has already told dixon

hindes204
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Itll be a close, low scoring game, that the steelersa win..........10-6 stillers

steel striker
11-28-2009, 04:43 PM
It's going to be a tough hard fought game and, I hope we can come out on top somehow someway.

7/39/43
11-28-2009, 04:49 PM
it will be close but we will win. Baltimore is still Baltimore
I think DD can handle it. that's why we drafted him even after the ACL tear. Looked good in both preseasons .

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 04:51 PM
It'll be close, but I think they can still pull it off. If for no other reason then the Ravens have had no time at all to prepare for Dixon and don't have much tape of him playing with the team. Even if we lose though, I'm interested to see how he'll do under the pressure of a big SNF game in Baltimore.

Shoes
11-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I like Dixon as I've said before.....this is his chance to show he can be the #2 QB. He has special skills and he wants to prove that. Look for the O and D to rally around him. My confidence is soaring! :tt02::tt02:

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, I am fully aware that Ben's first action was against Baltimore's defense as well and that he played pretty well...but Dixon...by no stretch of the imagination is anywhere near Ben's level of talent.

I'm not hating on roethlisberger, but techniqually if you look at the college stats, dixon was the better qb, im behind dixon 1000000%.... nobody can deny it before his leg got ruined he was something special

i just hope dixon ****s the ravens defence up

i'm not sure about the dixon-big ben stat, i may be chatting pure shit, i think dixon had some better stats.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm not hating on roethlisberger, but techniqually if you look at the college stats, dixon was the better qb, im behind dixon 1000000%.... nobody can deny it before his leg got ruined he was something special

i just hope dixon ****s the ravens defence up

i'm not sure about the dixon-big ben stat, i may be chatting pure shit, i think dixon had some better stats.
College stats (sometimes) don't mean anything, though. Ty Detmer was one of the best college QB's and he didn't turn out to be anything in the NFL.

supa_fly_steeler
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Yea i know i mean look at Ryan Leaf ect, just saying Dixon can outsmart a defence like Baltimore he has the skill level to do so.

Carolina Steelers
11-28-2009, 06:04 PM
It will be close Flacco has no sucess against us. If we get pressure on him we can pull it out. This isnt the same Ravens of old. I think Mendy will run for 75+ and if Dixon can hit Ward and Miller and keep the chains moving. I see Dixon kind of like Vince Young use his legs and quick dump offs. We need field possession Logan needs to come up big for us!! Steelers 16 Ravens 10

MasterOfPuppets
11-28-2009, 06:05 PM
College stats (sometimes) don't mean anything, though. Ty Detmer was one of the best college QB's and he didn't turn out to be anything in the NFL.
ty detmer had the arm strength of a 12 yr old girl...:noidea:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 06:21 PM
ty detmer had the arm strength of a 12 yr old girl...:noidea:
LOLLOL

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Yea i know i mean look at Ryan Leaf ect, just saying Dixon can outsmart a defence like Baltimore he has the skill level to do so.
Oh, okay.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
I must say that for the first time in a while I'm nervous. The best player on offense and the best player on defense are both out.

SteelerCRO
11-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I believe that will win! I have faith in our guys and with Dixon as QB will do just fine. But what ever happens i just don't want to see our special teams allowing another kickoff return or punt return! My prediction: 23-17 Steelers win

J-Man
11-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I say the Ravens will win, because I love my Ravens

And the Steelers are 2-4 without Troy, and Dennis Dixon doesnt run around in the pocket like a retard.

We win, boo yah.

AllD
11-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I must say that for the first time in a while I'm nervous. The best player on offense and the best player on defense are both out.

If I was betting money I would put it on the rats. We have the advantage there is little tape on Dixon and that coaching may go conservative with more running and short passing. Assuming Mendy doesn't fumble and STs keeps from giving up another TD, we still have little chance of beating them at home without our two best players.

The rats would have to beat themselves much like the AFC North did last week, in order for us to outscore them.

There is an outside chance that Logan runs one back. If Sweed is in the game, get out your rosary.

Fingers will point to the KC game breaking the team and ruining their chances of repeating. You also have Ward going off which means something is up and it's not good.

HometownGal
11-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm keeping mum as I don't want to put a whammy on the team.

stlrz fan
11-28-2009, 07:23 PM
This game is going to bea growing experience for the team especially the o line. Go get em Steelers and come out on the other side stronger!!!! This game will tell a lot about what this years team is made of !!!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Dennis Dixon doesnt run around in the pocket like a 2-time Super Bowl champion.

Fixed. And Dennis Dixon may do less 'running around' and more plain running. And by the way, Kordell Stewart was 8-1 vs. the Ravens.

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Dixon will shock the s%it out of them early on with his blistering speed and rocket arm, but he will inadvertently give up turnovers due to the normal rookie mistakes.
He will rally late in the game, and the Steelers defense will hold, as Lamarr Woodley bodyslams Flacco into the end zone for an ultra-rare game winning safety.
Steelers, 15-14

Also, in a rare example of irony, Ray Lewis will be stabbed in the neck by a Jehovah's Witness in the locker room. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by J-Man
Dennis Dixon doesnt run around in the pocket like a 2-time Super Bowl champion
maybe that is b/c dixon isnt a 2 time winning super bowl champion qb yet.

fansince'76
11-28-2009, 08:41 PM

And the Steelers are 2-4 without Troy, and Dennis Dixon doesnt run around in the pocket like a retard.

We win, boo yah.

Just what this board needed - another chest-thumping idiot. :coffee:

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM

We win, boo yah.
So, your Ravens will win because you want them to? Interesting.

Ravnet
11-28-2009, 08:50 PM
The Ravens will probably dominate most aspects of the game, but the final score won't indicate as much.

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
The Ravens will probably dominate most aspects of the game, but the final score won't indicate as much.
Hahahaha.... Uhh... no.
We've got too many weapons on both sides of the ball to be "dominated" by the likes of Baltimore, Ben or no Ben.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Hahahaha.... Uhh... no.
We've got too many weapons on both sides of the ball to be "dominated" by the likes of Baltimore, Ben or no Ben.
Agreed.

J-Man
11-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Hahahaha.... Uhh... no.

And the Ravens don't?.....

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
And the Ravens don't?.....
No. They don't.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 09:04 PM
No. They don't.
:rofl:

J-Man
11-28-2009, 09:08 PM

No. They don't.

:sissies:

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Offense:
Rashard Mendenhall
Mewelde Moore
Willie Parker
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Mike Wallace
Heath Miller

Defense:
Casey Hampton
Brett Keisel
Lamarr Woodley
James Farrior
James Harrison
Ryan Clark
Tyrone Carter

And the Ravens have... who? Yeah. You go ahead and "dominate" this crew. Good luck with that. :coffee:

bigben7k
11-28-2009, 09:11 PM
we will win in a close game becuase our d is better

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
we will win in a close game becuase our d is better
SHHH! Don't tell J-man that, he can't handle the truth.:wink02:

J-Man
11-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Offense:
Rashard Mendenhall
Mewelde Moore
Willie Parker
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Mike Wallace
Heath Miller

Defense:
Casey Hampton
Brett Keisel
Lamarr Woodley
James Farrior
James Harrison
Ryan Clark
Tyrone Carter

And the Ravens have... who? Yeah. You go ahead and "dominate" this crew. Good luck with that. :coffee:

Flacco
Rice
Freight Train McClain
Todd Heap (you guys stole the Heapppp)
Jared Gaither (biggest player in NFL)
Michael Oher (Movie Star and best RT in league)
McGahee (If you like guys that show up three games a year)
Mase

Ray Ray (dont give me crap that he is old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWYOwiU0JYY)
Reed
Ngata
Landry
Jarrett Johnson
Webb (Emerging Star, will makes plays on Sunday)

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
SHHH! Don't tell J-man that, he can't handle the truth.
It's all that purple. Gives 'em delusions of adequacy. ;)

J-Man
11-28-2009, 09:20 PM
It's all that purple. Gives 'em delusions of adequacy. ;)

I guess I'll stick with the Ravens boards, because I just remembered how much I cannot stand Steeler fans

tony hipchest
11-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Flacco
Rice
Freight Train McClain
Mase

Ray Ray (dont give me crap that he is old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWYOwiU0JYY)
Reed
Ngata
Landry
Jarrett Johnson

those guys suck!

Movie Star that and 3 quarters may get you a tiny bag of fritos.

I guess I'll stick with the Ravens boards, because I just remembered how much I cannot stand Steeler fans
:wave: its been real.....

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Flacco
Rice
Freight Train McClain
Mase

Reed
Ngata
Landry
Jarrett Johnson
Yeah... I'm sorry, are we counting players who won't be starting?
Stabby Ray and Ed Reed are both questionable, aren't they?
That leaves who?
Joe Flacco: Lookin forward to abusing him. Steelers::Flacco:Pit bull::pomeranian
Rice: We shut down Adrian Peterson. Your little RB doesn't frighten us.
The rest of your offense, aside from McGahee, are nobodies.

Defense:
Ngata is a very good player. The only one you've got that will actually play.

So like I said: good luck with your "domination" there, Prince.

J-Man
11-28-2009, 09:28 PM
those guys suck!

And Worthlessberger gets lucky. There I said it, and I'm done here.:flipoff:

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
'kaythxbye :wave::chuckle:
P.S. Natty Boh beer tastes like crab a$$#013s and Grimace's nad-sack is purple, just like your bi-curious cammie-jammies.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 09:33 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/150_Pirate_web_pics_door_arse.jpg

fansince'76
11-28-2009, 10:08 PM

Good. Piss off, jagoff. :coffee:

Steel-Bryan
11-28-2009, 10:12 PM

How many times have u guys beat us in 2 years? Oh waiiiiiiiit.

stb_steeler
11-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Whats everyone gonna say if Dixon came out and had a steller game. Throws the ball all over the place, runs for 75-80 yards, throws 4 td's.......Hey !!! it could happen....:applaudit:

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Whats everyone gonna say if Dixon came out and had a steller game. Throws the ball all over the place, runs for 75-80 yards, throws 4 td's.......Hey !!! it could happen....:applaudit:
passout and think now if ben cant play we have someone that can..:wink02:

1/28/01
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
You guys have a great time, its obvious.....evidenced by 6 rings. That cannot be argued.

I think this will be a prototypical Ravens/Steelers game and it will go down to the wire with a difference of no more than a TD to the winner.

Raven fan here that logged in last year and will every year from time to time.....Good Luck tomorrow night!

steeltheone
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Big Ben 84 td 34 pics 10,829 yds 65.5 comp % 354 rushing

DD 38 TD 21 PICS 5,129 YDS 63.9 COMP % 1,208 RUSHING

So basically it wil be back to slash type of playing to win this game.

MJ5150
11-29-2009, 12:07 AM
We're toast. The kind of burned up toast you don't eat. I'll be turning this one off after the first quarter if I last that long. It kills me to admit defeat to anyone, but this is bad all around for us.

Save the "you're not a true Steeler fan" for someone else. I've been to three games this year, all on the road and I have tickets and travel for two more.

-Mike

SteelersMomma
11-29-2009, 12:25 AM
so I find it pretty amusing of how many guests are on this thread right now. So much for a realistic steelers poll from steeler fans.

Hi to all of you Raven fans :wave:

devilsdancefloor
11-29-2009, 12:27 AM
We're toast. The kind of burned up toast you don't eat. I'll be turning this one off after the first quarter if I last that long. It kills me to admit defeat to anyone, but this is bad all around for us.

Save the "you're not a true Steeler fan" for someone else. I've been to three games this year, all on the road and I have tickets and travel for two more.

-Mike

I never give up even when we are losing by huge amounts. I always want to stick around for the positives. Im not gonna tell you that you are "not a real fan" cause only yuou know in your heart of hearts if you are or not. Have the faith in the team it isnt just 1 guy or 2 guys. I think dixon will be fine. He has a sweet long ball i will be interested in if he can get a few to wallace deep without wallace slowing down for the ball. Plus i do think we lean on rushard, FWP & Memo tomorrow night.:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Oh i think it will be a close one, but we get the W

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 06:09 AM

-Mike

The Ravens are currently 5-5, not 10-0. Just so ya know. I'll admit defeat after we lose, if it happens, thanks.

Galax Steeler
11-29-2009, 06:27 AM
I think it will be hard to go into Baltimore and win this one without Big Ben or Troy. It will be a close game and hopefully we can find a way to pull it our.

HometownGal
11-29-2009, 06:42 AM

They why did you join? :doh: What did you expect when you came in here thumping your chest - a red carpet, roses and bon bons? :shake02:

:wave: Hasta la vista, cya, buh-bye and if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

HometownGal
11-29-2009, 06:44 AM
You guys have a great time, its obvious.....evidenced by 6 rings. That cannot be argued.

I think this will be a prototypical Ravens/Steelers game and it will go down to the wire with a difference of no more than a TD to the winner.

Raven fan here that logged in last year and will every year from time to time.....Good Luck tomorrow night!

Thank you and here's to an injury free game. :drink:

revefsreleets
11-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Other....I have literally NO idea...

markymarc
11-29-2009, 11:40 AM
It's going to be another typical Ravens and Steelers game being very physical and intense. It will be a nail biter and we finally find a way to win again.