PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Con's of having dennis the menace

onefortheotherhand
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
the main con is well.. not having big ben.

however having dennis in at QB does have pros

-making plays with his legs vertically

-having the ravens to plan differently for him as our QB

-FINALLY running the ball more.

Cons

-lacks the leadership ben brings

-untested, which will spell bad news in a road game against baltimores defense

However theres not much to go on...we havn't seen the kid play AT ALL in the pro level.

whatever happens happens :noidea:

bigben7k
11-28-2009, 09:51 PM
dennis will play well and hopefully make plays with his legs

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 09:52 PM
lacks the leadership ben brings

that is when guys like hines and heath need to step up and be the leader on the offensive side of the ball tomorrow with ben being out.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Flaco hasn't thrown a td pass in his last 3 games. and its primetime
unfortunely with the way the steelers luck is going this season, flacco will come out of his slump and kill us.

bigben7k
11-28-2009, 10:04 PM
our luck is gonna change dennis will lead us to a win

J-Man
11-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm predicting 15-20 pass attempts 200 yards and at least 70 yards rushing for #2. With Mendenhall going over 100 yards rushing and no turnovers this game should be in the bag. Flaco hasn't thrown a td pass in his last 3 games. and its primetime

No turnovers? Absolutely none? Come on! A 2nd year QB making his first start and not a single interception and over 200 yards? Come on. It's not P Manning back there, it's Dennis Dixon.

Christian Snyder
11-28-2009, 10:09 PM
No turnovers? Absolutely none? Come on! A 2nd year QB making his first start and not a single interception and over 200 yards? Come on. It's not P Manning back there, it's Dennis Dixon.
I actually agree... You are going to throw turnovers when you play the Raves, especially when you're basically a rookie.

onefortheotherhand
11-28-2009, 10:21 PM

P Manning had a lot of INT's ..so im not sure where your going with that.

but its not like were asking him to make big throws down field. all we need is for him to manage the game.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 10:23 PM
but its not like were asking him to make big throws down field. all we need is for him to manage the game
but isnt that exactly what ben does when he is under center too??? just manage the game. i mean just the media and all the football experts.:chuckle:

stillers4me
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
-lacks the leadership ben brings

Ben will be there giving his 2 cents worth, I'm sure.

J-Man
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
P Manning had a lot of INT's ..so im not sure where your going with that.

but its not like were asking him to make big throws down field. all we need is for him to manage the game.

It's sarcasm that Dennis Dixon isn't amazing

Mags87
11-28-2009, 10:26 PM
the only thing that i can take from this so far cause i have no idea of Dixon is we're playing a very familiar team. its not much different than last years Ravens offense. but to them, this is a brand new QB. ive been watching Steeler football for as long as i can remember and i dont have a clue what to expect tomorrow night

roopdawg
11-28-2009, 10:27 PM
May have to go a bit conservative with D.D. going to the D and D as in Dink and Dunk with Miller, Ward, and maybe Holmes. Do I need to mention that if Reed plays he should have his head on a swivel. I know.. I know.. Heinz Ward Rule.... That Ward hit from a couple of years ago was pretty sick!! Injuries on both sides take a little bit away from this game, but look for another hard hitting game!

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Ben will be there giving his 2 cents worth, I'm sure.
if he isnt too busy looking for chicks in the stands... lol :chuckle:

hey stillers how you been?

sharkweek
11-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I've loved what little I have seen from Dixon in preseason games. He doesn't have the physical size to avoid pressure like Ben can when he sheds sacks and makes miraculous plays, but he does have the athleticism. While he likely won't be able to make the same plays through the air, he can make new plays on the ground.

stillers4me
11-28-2009, 10:41 PM
if he isnt too busy looking for chicks in the stands... lol :chuckle:

hey stillers how you been?

Good!

While I'm a bit nervous about this game without Ben, we all knew it was coming sooner or later. Still, I'm excited for Dixon getting to start his first game.......I hope he can even sleep tonight! At this point, it is what it is.

Nadroj 20
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Dennis is quick and athletic and hes just a pretty good talent all-around. He was drafted by the Atlanta Braves which shows his all around athletism...Im willing to bet his first 7-10 passes will be short screens dump passes to the tight ends stuff like that....and expect to see some runs from him early....this way he'll get worked into the game and possibly get more comfortable

The only negative thing i see is experience....theres nothing else to judge him on really because he hasnt played...hopefully he'll get comfortable early and once he gets settled in look for him to have a decent night.

GoSlash27
11-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I love the matchup. Dixon is essentially untested, meaning the Ravens can't possibly prepare for him. And this is the easiest introduction any rookie QB could hope to have. There's a monster receiver everywhere downfield and arguably the best YAC running back in the entire NFL.
Side bonus: Dixon can run. If he doesn't see anything open, he's gonna run for daylight and make big things happen. Plus, the Ravens defense (which was already half-assed at best) will likely be without two of the only 3 players that are worth a darn.

Of course, nothing changes on defense. We will beat the snot out of Flacco and completely shut down their running game, just like we always do.

TackleMeBen
11-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Good!

While I'm a bit nervous about this game without Ben, we all knew it was coming sooner or later. Still, I'm excited for Dixon getting to start his first game.......I hope he can even sleep tonight! At this point, it is what it is.
i hear ya!!! i havent told my son that ben isnt playing b/c i dont want to hear his mouth about how the ravens are going to win now. and you know that little joker told me thursday that he hoped ben would get hurt and not play... i think i am going to ground him from his psp and ps3 for jinxing him..lol.

scsteeler
11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm predicting 15-20 pass attempts 200 yards and at least 70 yards rushing for #2. With Mendenhall going over 100 yards rushing and no turnovers this game should be in the bag. Flaco hasn't thrown a td pass in his last 3 games. and its primetime

I like that assessment. Dixon will play much better than most think.

markymarc
11-29-2009, 12:06 PM
If you are making your very first NFL start what better opportunity than going against the Rats defense. We will truly find out tonight what DD is made of. IMO he will be just fine. The biggest pro for DD tonight is his legs. I am not worried about the leadership because Ben and Charlie will be helping him out all night on the sidelines.

devilsdancefloor
11-29-2009, 12:21 PM

You cry alot. You have to remember that you are on a steelers forum not a ratbirds. All you have done so far is com0lan about how steelers fans think we are gonna win or our team is better. Im sure if we went to your forum and pump our chest out there would be a outcry of a :troll: on your boards. So please go back to whatever rock you came from and bitch about how much you hate the steelers and their fans cause you dont want to talk football you just want to tell us how great the 5-5 ravens are. But i will even extend a oliveleaf if you really want to talk football if not :moon:

solardave
11-29-2009, 12:31 PM
that is when guys like hines and heath need to step up and be the leader on the offensive side of the ball tomorrow with ben being out.

We saw what Ben could do as a rookie. Not that I wish Dixon would take over, quite the contrary. I just want him to shine until Ben gets back. It would be nice to know we have a backup that's a real winner.

steel-tex
11-29-2009, 12:44 PM
MY GAME DAY WISH -- NOT ONE BUT TWO LONG TOUCHDOWN PASSES FROM DIXON TO WALLACE -- FROM WHAT I SAW WALLACE OUTRUNS BENS THROWS - DIXON HAS A BETTER ARM - WATCH AND WE WILL SEE - OF COURSE WILL HE HAVE A CHANCE TO STAY IN THE POCKET LONG ENOUGH TO THROW IT THAT FAR ????

Psyychoward86
11-29-2009, 12:47 PM

bad homerism.