PDA

View Full Version : I have to wonder why ESPN pays some of these guys

Tim
01-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I mean, this article is from the "Page 2 lead editor". Um, first of all, isn't the job of an editor to edit?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060125

I think ESPN's page 2 exists solely to either amuse people or annoy people. It certainly isn't there to provide critical writing of any sort.

Note: This is generally where Bayless's crap shows up too.

BlackNGold203
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Page 2 makes me sick...and I love ESPN.com...but this section?

Doesn't matter what sport, team, or athlete they write about..its all crap...

83-Steelers-43
01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Michael Irvin? Skip Bayless? Plashke? Paige? These are the guys they have employed. Scary.

Koopa
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM
f' espn. it's all about foxsports.com, same shit just they don't have pop ups and it don't take an hour for everything to load like espn.com does with me

RoethlisBURGHer
01-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Typical bullshit you'll read on ESPN.

These bastards wouldn't know a great team or a great player if them/him smacked them in the face.

Remember,05 USC is the Greatest College Football Team Ever,even though they didn't win the National Championship.

Infamix
01-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Since when has endurance been a bad thing?

Tim
01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
When? It's always a bad thing. You know, it's the NFL, the what have you done for me lately sport.

Some day, teams and sportswriters will wake up and realize that you can't win using mercs the way you can in baseball. It's about building a cohesive team, which means keeping loyal and dependable players and coaches, possibly keeping them after their most productive seasons are long gone. A championship team requires chemistry. It can have all the skill players it wants and if there's no team chemistry, it ain't going anywhere.

augustashark
01-25-2006, 03:07 PM
F this guy.....Lets see his stats!!! Easy to sit at a desk and say these things.

mymaveric
01-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Ignore 'em. Page 2 always has been a waste of space...

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Michael Irvin? Skip Bayless? Plashke? Paige? These are the guys they have employed. Scary.

You got that right.

SteelR1
01-25-2006, 04:55 PM
This dude is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't deserve any more of my attention..

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 04:55 PM
When? It's always a bad thing. You know, it's the NFL, the what have you done for me lately sport.

Some day, teams and sportswriters will wake up and realize that you can't win using mercs the way you can in baseball. It's about building a cohesive team, which means keeping loyal and dependable players and coaches, possibly keeping them after their most productive seasons are long gone. A championship team requires chemistry. It can have all the skill players it wants and if there's no team chemistry, it ain't going anywhere.

I agree 100%. So does Bear Bryant:

"I think the most important thing of all for any team is a winning attitude. The coaches must have it. The players must have it. If you have dedicated players who believe in themselves, you don't need a lot of talent." -- Paul "Bear" Bryant

Prosdo
01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Ugh Skip Bayless... I hate that guy!

lotas
01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Are you kidding me...how about appreciating the fact that every one of Bettis' yards was smashmouth, hard earned yardage. Not some huge breakaway for 80yards here and there in a game.

Man it hurts to read that article. Even if that wasn't Bettis...just the attitude of the article is so negative.

Atlanta Dan
01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
You are posting up and discussing this guy's article, which is all he wants - the only action that would make him more pleased would be if you e-mailed him to tell him what a moron he is, in which case he could write another article responding to the e-mail flames.

Ignoring this stuff is the way to go for the next 11 days, 23 hours and approximately 2 minutes until kick-off - not that anyone's counting :)