PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching CBS Pregame?

jjpro11
11-29-2009, 12:21 PM
they just said the NFL is looking into further protecting defenseless receivers by banning hits such as the one Clark had vs McGahee last year in the AFCCG and then they showed another Steelers hit i think it was as an example. what are they thinking? they said even though he caught the ball, got two feet down, he was defenseless??? are you shitting me!? that is the most absurd thing i have heard. do you have to wait for the guy to catch the ball, turn around, and then try tackling him when the receiver is in good enough position to juke or stiff arm?

they also said they would look into banning when a running back (probably including Hines), lowers his head and uses it as a battering ram. this shit is getting so ridiculous.

safety first, yeah, i know.. but these guys are getting paid millions and know what they are getting themselves into by joining the NFL. they are slowly ruining the NFL, yearly by yearly.. forgetting about the long time followers of the NFL, and instead focusing on pleasing the International demographic.

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
http://24760.vws.magma.ca/useredits/Image/FLagEn07(1).jpg

X-Terminator
11-29-2009, 12:46 PM
The pussification of the NFL continues. They may as well just make it two-hand touch and be done with it. And, of course, these "rules" are meant to punish physical teams like the Steelers and Ravens, while giving yet ANOTHER advantage to the Pats* and sissy boy Brady. I swear to God, it's like these dopes want to do everything they can to ruin the sport and everything they had gained over the past 10 years.

Goodell has to go - all of this BS started after he took over.

jjpro11
11-29-2009, 12:55 PM
think about it.. you can't hit a receiver when he has two hands on the ball, hell.. in possession of the ball in McGahee's case.. all because he isn't looking the defender square in the eye and getting a fair chance at trucking the defender. what a ****ing joke.

HometownGal
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Can you just imagine Lambert, Greene, Blount & Co. having to knuckle under to these rules today? :rofl: :toofunny:

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 02:38 PM
The NFL, like the NBA, will eventually be ruined by so much refereeing that it won't be fun to watch any longer. It will open the league up to more criticism because there will be more penalties called and more game outcomes coming into question because of that.

Christian Snyder
11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
This is getting ridiculous.:headbutt:

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 03:12 PM
By the way, who did Cowher say was his perfect QB in the pre-game show today?

NEPAsteeler
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Well... may as well start suiting them up in pretty little gowns now. :noidea:

tony hipchest
11-29-2009, 03:38 PM
By the way, who did Cowher say was his perfect QB in the pre-game show today?bens arm
vince youngs legs
philip rivers heart and grit
kurt warners head and experience

silver & black
11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Can you just imagine Lambert, Greene, Blount & Co. having to knuckle under to these rules today? :rofl: :toofunny:

Or Tatum, Hayes, Atkinson and co? :wink02:

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Here's another thing that the NFL is thinking about implementing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/29/adrian-peterson-rule-could-be-coming/

Adrian Peterson rule could be coming

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2009 4:13 PM ET
The NFL's new approach to concussions continues to generate news, with the topic dominating the broadcast network pregame shows.

Both Jay Glazer of FOX and Charley Casserly of CBS reported that the league could be outlawing the dropping of the helmet by ball carriers. Running backs like Adrian Peterson often use their hats as battering rams, putting not only their brains but their spines in peril.

It would be a great move, not simply because Peterson and others like him need to be protected from themselves in this regard, but because other players need to be protected from being hit with helmets unnecessarily -- and because kids who play football are getting mixed messages from their coaches/parents and their heroes.

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Or Tatum, Hayes, Atkinson and co? :wink02:

It was a better league 30 years ago. Man...I miss the 70's.

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/29/adrian-peterson-rule-could-be-coming/

Adrian Peterson rule could be coming

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2009 4:13 PM ET
The NFL's new approach to concussions continues to generate news, with the topic dominating the broadcast network pregame shows.

Both Jay Glazer of FOX and Charley Casserly of CBS reported that the league could be outlawing the dropping of the helmet by ball carriers. Running backs like Adrian Peterson often use their hats as battering rams, putting not only their brains but their spines in peril.

It would be a great move, not simply because Peterson and others like him need to be protected from themselves in this regard, but because other players need to be protected from being hit with helmets unnecessarily -- and because kids who play football are getting mixed messages from their coaches/parents and their heroes.

Just go all the way and make it flag football already. Jeezus.

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
It was a better league 30 years ago.

Understatement of the frigging century.

jjpro11
11-29-2009, 05:40 PM
they are bending over backward for Congress.. ridiculous considering boxing has been around for centuries, where guys are killed and seriously injured each and every year from head trauma.. yet nobody says much of anything. how many guys have actually been killed playing football over the years? can they tweak some things to make the game safer, sure.. but they are stripping the game of football of it's physical nature each and every year.

they took away everyone's favorite segment on ESPN "Jacked Up" because it was too violent and glorified hard hits.. pansy assholes.. hard hitting is why we love football!

silver & black
11-29-2009, 05:46 PM
It was a better league 30 years ago. Man...I miss the 70's.

I hear that. It's getting to the point where I'm losing interest... irregardless of the Raiders' woes.

steel striker
12-05-2009, 07:13 AM
What's next a PI for intent of hitting too hard? This sure is not football anymore and, I'm sure the former greats are shaking their heads about this.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Don't forget when a player calls for a fair catch and bobbles the ball or even flat out drops it you have to give him every oppertunity to recover.

godell you smell and tagliboob wasn't any better.