PDA

View Full Version : Why don't players lay out anymore to catch the ball ?

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Every week, I see balls barely past fingertips. It's not every play, but some balls could be caught, batted down, and tackles missed because players don't dive for balls or ball carriers.

Is it a "Business Decision" like Deion used to say to avoid injury?

Steeler in Carolina
11-29-2009, 09:06 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They make too much money to risk being hurt too bad.

The_WARDen
11-30-2009, 09:32 AM
For who? For what?

Dino 6 Rings
11-30-2009, 12:05 PM
I think the newer turf all throughout football down into the Highschools, that fake hybrid stuff, with the little rubber balls, has lead to receivers not diving for balls as much because...well, that stuff hurts like a mother when you rub against it at full speed.

I think the receivers are just not expected to "lay out" for those balls just out of reach anymore, due to the possibility of injury...I know if I was in a dome...diving or laying out after running a 30 yard post route, might be something I'm not that keen on doing...

just an idea.

xfl2001fan
11-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Because they are a bunch of Pre-Madonna's (yeah, it's mispelled, so what). They fear a little pain (although, having dived for a few on turf, it can sometimes be more than a little).

Indo
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Because the Pussification of the Greatest Game on Earth has trickled down to the pussification (self-induced) of its players...

When you Play from the Heart (instead of from the Wallet) you lay out and make the catch.

Even my high school coach had it right---he used to say, " A champion plays the game with Reckless Abandon"

Watch Troy play.
He plays from the Heart.