PDA

View Full Version : Steelers v. Rats Game Ball/Game Goat

HometownGal
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok, OK, I know it's so easy to pin this game on Dennis' pick, but I just can't do that. This kid came in green, made some great plays tonight and had the weight of the game on his arm. He gets one of my game balls, as do Woodley and Timmons.

Goat of the game goes to the Steelers secondary for shitting the bed once again.

That is all.

devilsdancefloor
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
secondary for sure

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm just sick over this loss and the season HTG.

Oh well, you can't win the Super Bowl every year.

Eztarget
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
How about the play calling? You have to use Dixon's legs to back the Ravens off. Horrible play calling after the kid clearly showed he had the legs to break big runs.

GoSlash27
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Timmons on D. He was a beast. The weak point was in the secondary.

On offense... How 'bout that Dixon kid! :tt02:

Carolina Steelers
11-29-2009, 11:53 PM
That 4th down play killed us. Dixon did more than his job. Defense struggle there in the 1st half

pepsyman1
Our secondary has been incredibly disappointing. We are rarely seeing our cover guys actually getting a hand in defending a pass. Receivers look open all the time...corners playing very soft and then STILL getting beat on deep plays....just aggravating.

BlastFurnace
How about the play calling? You have to use Dixon's legs to back the Ravens off. Horrible play calling after the kid clearly showed he had the legs to break big runs.

That's typical Bruce Arians...find out what works and don't do it again.

supa_fly_steeler
11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
what he caused a fumble are you stupid.

i wonder who gets the hate this week

taylor,gay,arians, roethlisberger?????

fans make me sick

Edman
11-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Steelers secondary. Simply subpar without Troy. Can't pin this on Dixon. He did all he could with so little time.

And thus. The Steelers' November spiral continues. I wanted them to win, but I'm not really surprised they lost yet again. It's simply not our year. The flaws in this team are insurmountable.

Even though they aren't eliminated, I think you can forget the playoffs. We've seen what a bad team like the Chiefs done to this team. I cringe what would happen if we played the Colts.

Nighthawk
Secondary gets the goat.

MACH1
Alex, I'll take 'How GAY was that' for $1000

NEPAsteeler
Gotta give it up for Dixon. He definitely played well for it being his first career NFL start. Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons also kicked some ass.

The secondary just shit themselves. Enough said.

RunWillieRun
11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Secondary let this team down.

Time to realize this team just isn't that good this year. I'll eat my hat if they make the playoffs.

The injuries, the poor ST, the poor secondary....you can't win too many games with so many problems and coaching can only do so much.

I'll cheer like hell that they win out and grab a wild-card, but my metaphorical money is not with the Steelers making it in this year.

Psyychoward86
11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
the secondary :coffee:

Steeldude
11-29-2009, 11:58 PM
they should have had dixon doing reps with the first team before friday.

RunWillieRun
11-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Steelers secondary. Simply subpar without Troy. Can't pin this on Dixon. He did all he could with so little time.

And thus. The Steelers' November spiral continues. I wanted them to win, but I'm not really surprised they lost yet again. It's simply not our year. The flaws in this team are insurmountable.

Even though they aren't eliminated, I think you can forget the playoffs. We've seen what a bad team like the Chiefs done to this team. I cringe what would happen if we played the Colts.

Well said....I'll be happy if we can manage with beat Baltimore at home later on.

HometownGal
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM

Use your head man. :banging: If Dixon had gotten injured running the ball, we were down to Palko - a guy who has 3 days of practice with the Steelers. Are you nuts? :doh:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Hopefully Polamalu's return changes this secondary. It's just so bad.

Raw Steel
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
The secondary and the tackling. Teams are going to complete passes, but you need to tackle after they do. Clark, Gay, Townsend, Ike. They all missed tackles on big plays tonight. Very disappointing.

scsteeler
Ok, OK, I know it's so easy to pin this game on Dennis' pick, but I just can't do that. This kid came in green, made some great plays tonight and had the weight of the game on his arm. He gets one of my game balls, as do Woodley and Timmons.

Goat of the game goes to the Steelers secondary for shitting the bed once again.

That is all.

I agree with the Secondary stinking up the place with bad tackling and giving up to many big plays but in OT I have to say that you put a young QB in position to make plays and that would be to Roll him out with the option to make a run play if the pass is not there I am not a I hate Arians fan but Dixon was not ready to make the reads needed in that situation and the OC should have known this.

Edman
That's typical Bruce Arians...find out what works and don't do it again.

Lemme add onto that.

Call on your franchise QB to save your ass once again.

Without Ben being awesome, Arians would be out of a job.

SmashmouthFootball
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Secondary, and every defensive player on the field after the interception where Ray Rice had his way with us even though we knew what was coming =Game Goat

buzzedredneck

That is all.

BEN AND TOMLIN ARE PATHETIC!!!! THIS WAS A CRUCIAL GAME,130 MILLION? HE SHOULD PLAY WITH A BROKEN BACK,,,, BEN LOST A FEW OF THE LAST AND HE LOST THIS ONE TOO,,WHAT DEFENSE? KC GOT THEIR ASSES WHIPPED TODAY BY A LOSING TEAM, WTF? OFFENSIVE COORD. NEEDS REAMED IN THIS ONE,, DIXON CAN RUN, LET THE BOY RUN DAMMIT! SLOPPY ASS PLAY BOYS,, MY HIGH SCHOOL COULD BEAT EM NOW.

fansince'76
The secondary and the tackling. Teams are going to complete passes, but you need to tackle after they do. Clark, Gay, Townsend, Ike. They all missed tackles on big plays tonight. Very disappointing.

This. Our tackling has been poor at times all season, and it really hurt tonight.

Merchant
11-30-2009, 12:02 AM
How are we out of the playoffs? lol. We're 2nd in the wildcard, only back 1 game from Denver who is suspect as hell. The rest of our schedule is favourable. We should get Ben and Troy and Kemo back next game.

As for this game.. well, I can't say I'm not disappointed. After watching Dixon run for that touchdown I thought we for sure would see something like that again, or maybe a reverse with Wallace or some kind of misdirection to take advantage of how fast the ravens defense flows to one side. But nope, nothing. Instead we have our 2nd year, 3rd string quarterback throwing it deep to Wallace, deep to Holmes in double coverage with Ed Reed..

Look on the bright side.. OUR SPECIAL TEAMS DIDNT GIVE UP A TD WOOOO... lol but yeah the secondary played sub-par too. I was yelling at william gay the entire time.

I still have faith we can make the playoffs, and after that, it's anyone's game.

fansince'76
BEN AND TOMLIN ARE PATHETIC!!!! THIS WAS A CRUCIAL GAME,130 MILLION? HE SHOULD PLAY WITH A BROKEN BACK,,,, BEN LOST A FEW OF THE LAST AND HE LOST THIS ONE TOO,,WHAT DEFENSE? KC GOT THEIR ASSES WHIPPED TODAY BY A LOSING TEAM, WTF? OFFENSIVE COORD. NEEDS REAMED IN THIS ONE,, DIXON CAN RUN, LET THE BOY RUN DAMMIT! SLOPPY ASS PLAY BOYS,, MY HIGH SCHOOL COULD BEAT EM NOW.

An intelligent man....

scsteeler

I totally agree with you. Still love my Steelers though just hate in when they lose.

buzzedredneck
11-30-2009, 12:03 AM
I agree with the Secondary stinking up the place with bad tackling and giving up to many big plays but in OT I have to say that you put a young QB in position to make plays and that would be to Roll him out with the option to make a run play if the pass is not there I am not a I hate Arians fan but Dixon was not ready to make the reads needed in that situation and the OC should have known this.

SECONDARY LOOKED LIKE ROMPER ROOM KIDS TRYIN TO CATCH BUBBLES HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 12:05 AM
How are we out of the playoffs? lol. We're 2nd in the wildcard, only back 1 game from Denver who is suspect as hell. The rest of our schedule is favourable. We should get Ben and Troy and Kemo back next game.

As for this game.. well, I can't say I'm not disappointed. After watching Dixon run for that touchdown I thought we for sure would see something like that again, or maybe a reverse with Wallace or some kind of misdirection to take advantage of how fast the ravens defense flows to one side. But nope, nothing. Instead we have our 2nd year, 3rd string quarterback throwing it deep to Wallace, deep to Holmes in double coverage with Ed Reed..

Look on the bright side.. OUR SPECIAL TEAMS DIDNT GIVE UP A TD WOOOO... lol but yeah the secondary played sub-par too. I was yelling at william gay the entire time.

I still have faith we can make the playoffs, and after that, it's anyone's game.

We are not 2nd in the WC. Our AFC record is terrible and the Ravens have beaten us now. If the Playoffs began today, we would be out.

buzzedredneck
11-30-2009, 12:06 AM
SCREW THE WILDCARDS,, BEN THE COWARD SHOULDVE PLAYED!!!! 2 GAMES BEHIND CINCY? WE'RE DONE......How are we out of the playoffs? lol. We're 2nd in the wildcard, only back 1 game from Denver who is suspect as hell. The rest of our schedule is favourable. We should get Ben and Troy and Kemo back next game.

X-Terminator
11-30-2009, 12:07 AM

Sighs...

Where the HELL do these abject IDIOTS come from??????

NastySteelers
Dixon looked great first half. Made some great hand offs, threw the ball well, even ran like no other. The second half he seemed to be getting a little bit too confident thus over throwing, coming up short on plays. Secondary looked better than last week but still isnt up to par yet.
IMO they should of let Dixon run in OT..Roethlisberger will be back im sure next week, why not give em a shot.

pepsyman1
SECONDARY LOOKED LIKE ROMPER ROOM KIDS TRYIN TO CATCH BUBBLES HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

Moderators...I think it's safe to pull the plug on this Mensa candidate.

buzzedredneck
11-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Sighs...

Where the HELL do these abject IDIOTS come from??????

WHERE THE HELL U THE IDIOT COME FROM?

X-Terminator
UR MOMMAS TWAT

Yep...definitely time to take out the trash. And you're lucky this is cyberspace, asshole, because that comment would get your teeth kicked in short order.

fansince'76
UR MOMMAS TWAT

Fun's over, asshat.

Merchant
11-30-2009, 12:09 AM
We are not 2nd in the WC. Our AFC record is terrible and the Ravens have beaten us now. If the Playoffs began today, we would be out.

I meant record wise (6-5)

buzzedredneck
Dixon looked great first half. Made some great hand offs, threw the ball well, even ran like no other. The second half he seemed to be getting a little bit too confident thus over throwing, coming up short on plays. Secondary looked better than last week but still isnt up to par yet.
IMO they should of let Dixon run in OT..Roethlisberger will be back im sure next week, why not give em a shot.

WHATS THE POINT,,,, ITS OOOOOVVVEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

supa_fly_steeler
UR MOMMAS TWAT

your mothers is even nicer.

Ike was stupid giving up that pass interferance, geeze i hope no steeler ever takes the cover, where the **** is fitzgerald injury, polamalu not taking the second blow for him :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::banging:

Steel_Bus_24
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I seriously don't give a sh** or care enough to point out any one player right now

I actually commend them for the effort tonight but they need that same effort week in and out so that we don't lose to FFFing sh**ty 2-6 teams that make these close loses like this hurt anymore then they have to

It'll be interesting to see if they bring the same type of fire out next week or at all for the rest of the season.

MasterOfPuppets
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Sighs...

Where the HELL do these abject IDIOTS come from?????? hey i suggested not allowing people to sign up the day before a game, game day, and the day after.... it would cut down on these retard invasions ...:noidea:

BlockMonsta
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
BA-What happend to the play action, let Dixion get out of the pocket and move.
Gay-This off season, I was not to worried when we released McFadden. It's another story now.

Texasteel
11-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Fun's over, asshat.

I think we have a new record holder. I wonder what time he registered.

Texasteel
11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Thought the defensive play was spotty at times, but the secondary defiantly deserved the biggest kick in the backside.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 12:21 AM
hey i suggested not allowing people to sign up the day before a game, game day, and the day after.... it would cut down on these retard invasions ...:noidea:

It's actually a good suggestion - it's ridiculous around here.

JEFF4i
11-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Good Game Ball: Timmons.

Bad Game Ball: Steelers Secondary. Could've had a couple penalties on them that weren't called, and gave up some big plays.

SteelCityMan786
11-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Game Balls to Dixon and Mendy

Game Goat to Cornerbacks (Especially William Gay and Ike Taylor)

Shoes
11-30-2009, 12:29 AM

Yep, your name is fitting :chuckle:

I'm very happy for Dixon, he did a great job tonight as did Mendy. Our #3 QB ( I should say #2 QB) almost beat the rats...I'm happy even with the loss

Nadroj 20
11-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Gameball goes to Dixon and Woodley(animal tonight)

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 02:20 AM
Game Ball: Dixon
Goat: Taylor (If he's our best cover corner I would hate to see the worst, actually I did he was on the other side of the field not covering or tackling).

O Sensei
11-30-2009, 03:13 AM
best: dixon, mendenhall, timmons, O-line, which I think did a pretty admirable job.

worst: entire secondary, these corners likely have the worst ball skills of any starting tandem in the league today, maybe ever...absolutely pathetic and clark has got to stop going for the hit at all costs...he's selling out, missing easy INT opps and leaving others out to dry. They can leave their keys at the desk along with the OC at the end of the season IMO.

Galax Steeler
11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
I have to go with the Secondary.

Rick5895
11-30-2009, 04:59 AM
The defense, the secondary in particluar didn't close out the win. I am not going to be overly critical of B.A and the overall offensive game plan, although we didn't take advantage of Dixons athletic ability when it mattered in OT and the last drive of the 4th. As well as I thought the D played at times, we are allowing way too many big plays.
This is becoming very similiar to 07. Aaron Smith went down and that more than anything hurt us down the stretch. We pulled games out of the hat last season and won the close ones, this season we aren't doing that.

MY game ball goes to Dixon, he did a very good job. With the Raiders on Sunday then a short week vs Browns, we should play Dixon make sure Ben is healthy. We get these next 2 games then get Troy back as well we should be ok

solardave
11-30-2009, 06:41 AM

That is all.

You are absolutely right. the game was lost last night in the secondary. We can't let people throw at will because we're not covering and to make it worse we're not tackling worth a shit either.

gameface75
11-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Our corners are the worst excuse for cover guys in the nfl ! If Ike Taylor and William Gay are still on this team next year .I would wonder why.

steelerchad
11-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I'd go game ball to Mendy. Had we won and Dixon not thrown that last pick he would be the guy.
Goat to William Gay. Loose coverage and wiffed on a crucial tackle near the sideline on Ray Rice. Rice cut it up and picked up a big first down and should have been stopped 10 yards short.

I thought Gay would fill in nicely for McFadden, I was wrong.

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I'd give the game ball to Dixon, Mendy or Timmons.

As for who screwed us in the end, well, the secondary as usual... Dick LeBeau also needs to take some flack here for attempting to have Carter do a Polamalu impression (something he's not fast enough to do).

I'd also like to call out Arians for having Mendy split carries with Parker and Moore so early... I know that we did score on that one series early on where Parker played, but I think that part of the reason we aren't seeing too many huge games for Mendy is because we aren't using him enough. How the hell are you supposed to get a feel for defenses when you play two series and get yanked, only to come back in much later?

IMO, Parker should play LATE in the game, after we already have a solid lead and we need a fresh runner. Moore, as much as I love the guy, should be used for short passes and as a blocker... I don't think that he should be used as a pure rusher any longer because I don't think he has the agility.

SteelGhost
11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Game Balls to Dixon and Mendy

Game Goat to Cornerbacks (Especially William Gay and Ike Taylor)

Amen Bro.

I would add the OL to the positive side, they protected DD really well :thumbsup:

I don't know what's happening with the tackling, Rice made look bad our defenders, specially the secondary :doh:

I'm not a "hater" of Bruce Air-ians, I have even supported him, but this time he could have made better decisions for DD to make more adequate plays according to his status (first start in an NFL gamer that is)

My .02

stlrtruck
11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Game ball to Dixon
Game goat to secondary.

revefsreleets
11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I blame Limas Sweed for the whole damn mess...

Bring on the Raiders!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Game ball to Dixon- He played much better than I ever thought he would.

Game goat to Chris Collinsworth- who called James Harrison the "Super Bowl 43 MVP".

No..... that would have been Santonio Holmes. James Harrison was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

(Dumbass)

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Game goat to Chris Collinsworth- who called James Harrison the "Super Bowl 43 MVP".

No..... that would ahve been Santonio Holmes. James Harrison was the NFL Defensive player of the year.

(Dumbass)

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Collinsworthless is a moron. I loved how, early in the game, he said that the Ravens "have Dick Lebeau's number," right before the defense force the Ravens to a 3 and out. Of course, he was so busy gauking at one thing or another, he didn't notice that he just made an idiot out of himself.

Believe43
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Dont blame Dixon, I think he did great when he was allowed to play. Arians kept running 2 plays up the middle and leaving him in obvious throwing 3rd downs, that is when bad things happened.

Defense plays great most of every game, but for some reason let down when they are needed the most, to hold onto a lead. 3rd and a mile and you let them get within 5 yards of a first down, then on 4th and 5 and the chance to seal the game, they get 40.
2nd game that could have been put away with a 4th down stop. In the past they would have smelled blood and pounced, now they lay back and hope not to lose.....

CargoJon
11-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Hero - Dixon and Mendenhall. Those guys made the best of what they had and put us in a position to lose, INT notwithstanding.

Goat - William Gay. Can we please draft a CB with #1 pick in 2010?

Damn we suck when Troy doesn't play. I think with Troy in this game, we win even with Dixon under center.

iloveben7
11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Game ball-Dennis Dixon. he played his heart out and gave us a chance to win

Game goat-the secondary. once again losing the game for us

RAYvens2752
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Call us the Rats but we still won, and Dixon can't be blamed. Would Ben have helped? Sure, but it wasn't the interception that cost them the game.

I'll do a game ball and goat for both teams.

Steelers game ball: Mendenhall. Ran hard and got a lot of yards after contact. Proved a nice security blanket for Dixon in his first NFL start.

Steelers goat: Whole secondary. Joe Cool hasn't been playing to well but the Pitt secondary gave some huge cushions and allowed the Ravens to convert on some key plays.

Ravens game ball: Ray Rice. Nothing new for anyone who's watched him all year. Again made huge plays in the passing game and on the ground. Was a pinball on the game's most important play when he caught a 44 yd. pass on 4th and 5.

Ravens goat: O-line. These guys have had a stellar year but Timmons, Harrison, and Woodley all had good games in the pass rush department. Allowed 5 sacks.

Christian Snyder
11-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna' give the game ball to Dixon... He played a very good game for a rookie, especially considering what team he was playing.

The game goat goes to the whole secondary. nuff ' said.

O Sensei
12-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Off topic but....

Is it me or is collinsworth part of EVERY nfl broadcast anymore????

Good grief charlie brown give us a break already.:drink:

revefsreleets
12-01-2009, 10:50 AM
James Farrior! Dejva f'in VU just like the Cinci game where he cant cover a RB on 4th down. He has no business in the game on 3rd and 4th down if hes not blitzing. Why has no one else noticed this. Farrior fell down...it happens.

If he can't cover RB's out of the backfield, he shouldn't be playing ILB on the Steelers 3-4. But I'M not suggesting he can't, you are...

Did you know he's the leading tackler on our team? He has 13 more tackles than Harrison.