PDA

View Full Version : Steelers should have won

Crow-Magnon
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Am I glad Baltimore won? Yes. But how effing STUPID is it in OT with 1st and 10 at your 16 yard line and you throw it three times? Bad, bad call by Harbaugh and/or Cam.

Dixon played well. A little TOO well for my taste.

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I've heard that all year long every single time we lost. I don't believe it. The Steelers are a step slow and a dollar short this season.

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats, Crow.

tyler289
11-29-2009, 10:57 PM
The Ravens needed OT to beat the Steelers 3rd string QB (first NFL start), without Polamalu, Smith, and Kemo at home.

Baltimore has to be happy with the win, but there are some serious issues there. Ray Rice is a stud,though. Guy's a great back.

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Congrats Crow... Rice played us well and Flacco was picking on Gay... Tough loss for us!

fansince'76
11-29-2009, 10:58 PM
The Ravens needed OT to beat the Steelers 3rd string QB (first NFL start), without Polamalu, Smith, and Kemo at home.

Baltimore has to be happy with the win, but there are some serious issues there. Ray Rice is a stud,though. Guy's a great back.

And we lost to the flipping Chiefs last week. We got issues too.

Crow-Magnon
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM

Both teams have issues. No doubt there. Thank God Jax and the Texans lost today.

Rice is unreal. God help us if he gets injured.

RunWillieRun
11-29-2009, 11:00 PM
And we lost to the flipping Chiefs last week. We got issues too.

:toofunny:

Dang it, Fs'76, I blocked that out of my memory!

Shoes
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Congrats Crow, Rice is a good one and I was happy for Dixon having a good game.

HughC
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM

Yeah, nothing against our guys (there's enough other RB controversy threads), but I'd sure love to see Ray Rice wearing black and gold.

tyler289
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Both teams have issues. No doubt there. Thank God Jax and the Texans lost today.

Rice is unreal. God help us if he gets injured.

Oh, trust me, I know we have serious issues too. I still think we can go 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs, but even then I'm not sure how good we are.

Last year, we were clutch and made the plays when they mattered - late. Now, we're on the other side of the coin.

Preacher
11-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Classy Crow...

Thanks.

When we won last last year, we won period. No excuses.

Today you won. Period. No excuses.

Enjoy it well...

(for a few weeks :chuckle:)

tmacsteelerfan
11-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah I hate to say it because I've never liked Ray Rice in college at Rutgers because I'm a WVU fan, and I'm sure most Pittsburgh fans didn't like him either, but he's a good back, still prefer Slaton but he's good and he's tough.

I'm very surprised Harrison didn't take his head off though after he just shoved him down from his blind side while Harrison was watching the fumble pile.

RunWillieRun
11-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. You guys got the W and that's ALL that matters.

Moral victories are for losers....and that's what the Steelers were tonight.

Congrats.

MasterOfPuppets
11-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Classy Crow...

Thanks.

When we won last last year, we won period. No excuses.

Today you won. Period. No excuses.

Enjoy it well...

(for a few weeks :chuckle:)
but...but...i have a few....
:couch:

seriously though...neither one of these teams look the part of a SB contender up to this point. the rats made a few more big plays than the steelers did. game over. congrats ravens.

stb_steeler
11-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Well this year were on the bubble, just think how other teams go thru it year after year. Damn the Steelers and Ravens play way to much alike for my taste..LoL

Galax Steeler
11-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Congrats Crow:drink:We had our chances to win and didn't take advantage of it.

Gnutella
11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
Oh, trust me, I know we have serious issues too. I still think we can go 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs, but even then I'm not sure how good we are.

I don't know how good we are either. You know what really chaps my ass? We're good enough to beat the Chargers, Broncos and Vikings, yet we still lose to sh*tty teams like the Chiefs and Bears. Oh yeah, and we're getting mauled in division play too. :banging:

AllD
11-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Steelers are not the same as last season. Something internally is wrong not to mention without #43 we look average at best.

Although still in the game in OT, Dixon missed a check down to Mendy out fo the backfield and he didn't seem to complete anything except to the left. He also had a knack for avoiding sacks, however his only pick was costly. He is still very green, but has potential.

Our season was over last week and the best we can hope to do is make the playoffs to put in an appearance.

solardave
11-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Am I glad Baltimore won? Yes. But how effing STUPID is it in OT with 1st and 10 at your 16 yard line and you throw it three times? Bad, bad call by Harbaugh and/or Cam.

Wanna trade OCs? I'm sure we take you up on a trade.

stlrtruck
11-30-2009, 08:14 AM
While it was a tough loss, I can definitely say that last night's game was one of the best ones of the season.

To me, that was football. None of this manning or brady BS, straight up 100% hard-nosed football.

steelballs
11-30-2009, 08:45 AM

The kid played very well last night...he can hold his head high this morning.
Rice is one of the hardest backs to bring down in the league, I can't even count how many tackles he broke.

Hats off to you guys today, but the rematch 12/27 will be a blood bath. We should have Polamalu and Kemoeatu back...you guys should have Suggs back....it should be fun. Hopefully one of us has something to play for by then.

Godfather
11-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Congrats Crow.

As far as the coaching, you should be madder at them for having Flacco drop back to throw when you were in FG range at the end of regulation. Shoulda run up the middle and then spiked it.

SteelCityMom
11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Even though I don't think either team looked great last night, it was a great game and hats off to the Ravens for making the big plays when they needed to.

Our offense is looking worlds better than they did last year, and I was impressed with Dixon's performance...but our defense is just not the same. I find it hard to believe they are the number one defense in the league, b/c they sure don't look like it to me w/o Troy back there.

Congrats again, and thanks for being one of the classy Ravens fans on this board.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Even though I don't think either team looked great last night, it was a great game and hats off to the Ravens for making the big plays when they needed to.

Our offense is looking worlds better than they did last year, and I was impressed with Dixon's performance...but our defense is just not the same. I find it hard to believe they are the number one defense in the league, b/c they sure don't look like it to me w/o Troy back there.

Congrats again, and thanks for being one of the classy Ravens fans on this board.

Is the Steelers D as dominant as it was last year? No. Is it still damned good? Yes. IMO, any time you hold an opposing NFL team to 17 points or less in four quarters, your defense is pretty good.

Ask Flacco today what his opinion of the Steelers DL and LB's is. The one weakness is in the secondary, and I feel your pain there.

mwittman5
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Is the Steelers D as dominant as it was last year? No. Is it still damned good? Yes. IMO, any time you hold an opposing NFL team to 17 points or less in four quarters, your defense is pretty good.

Ask Flacco today what his opinion of the Steelers DL and LB's is. The one weakness is in the secondary, and I feel your pain there.

agreed, congrats to you guys on a much needed win. Ravens and steelers can possibly both get wildcards if the steelers win out and the ravens just lose the steeler game :applaudit:

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
agreed, congrats to you guys on a much needed win. Ravens and steelers can possibly both get wildcards if the steelers win out and the ravens just lose the steeler game :applaudit:

What would be sweet is if the Bengals went into full meltdown mode and dropped their next five games and ended up 8-8. :toofunny:

Or at least 9-7.

stlrtruck
11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
What would be sweet is if the Bengals went into full meltdown mode and dropped their next five games and ended up 8-8. :toofunny:

Or at least 9-7.

As funny as that sounds, we all know it's possible with the head cases they've got on that team.

SteelGhost
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Congrats Crow... you're a classy fan.

I have to admit Ray Rice is one of a kind, he broke our defenders waists and rushed nicely. Flacco made some good throws that killed our secondary (specially Taylor and Gay ) :doh:

Did you noticed Rashard Mendenhall picked up Ray Lewis' blitz a couple of times ? I know RL is one of the best LB's in the league, but our RB made a good job last night blocking him, IMHO

:drink: For an injury free game on Dec. 27th.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Congrats Crow... you're a classy fan.

I have to admit Ray Rice is one of a kind, he broke our defenders waists and rushed nicely. Flacco made some good throws that killed our secondary (specially Taylor and Gay ) :doh:

Did you noticed Rashard Mendenhall picked up Ray Lewis' blitz a couple of times ? I know RL is one of the best LB's in the league, but our RB made a good job last night blocking him, IMHO

:drink: For an injury free game on Dec. 27th.

Although Lewis played pretty well last night, he is still a bit slow after turning his ankle a couple of weeks ago. Still, Mendenhall did a good job of picking up Ray on some blitzes. Hell, everybody did, Dixon didn't hit the turf one time last night. Lack of pressure on the QB is one of my concerns, especially going up against Aaron Rodgers next Monday.

The Steelers secondary has problems; so does the Ravens secondary. Right now the rookie Webb appears to be the best corner Baltimore has. What's that tell you?

CargoJon
11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Ravens simply played well enough to win; Steelers didn't. Hats off to them.

I'm still pissed at their (@)(*$#@@@ former kicker for missing that Vikings field goal - wifey is a Saints fan.

SteelGhost
11-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Although Lewis played pretty well last night, he is still a bit slow after turning his ankle a couple of weeks ago. Still, Mendenhall did a good job of picking up Ray on some blitzes. Hell, everybody did, Dixon didn't hit the turf one time last night. Lack of pressure on the QB is one of my concerns, especially going up against Aaron Rodgers next Monday.

The Steelers secondary has problems; so does the Ravens secondary. Right now the rookie Webb appears to be the best corner Baltimore has. What's that tell you?

Rushing Rodgers is fundamental to slow the Cheese Heads down.

It's another Steeler defense with Troy, no doubt about it.

Hope our teams are at full throttle in the next meeting :thumbsup:

steel striker
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats Crow.. You are a classy person and, this game could have gone either way. Rice is one heck of a player and, I was pleased with Dixon last night. I think both teams have issues and, I'm not sure if they can be corrected this season. Good luck.. :drink: