PDA

View Full Version : Win Out The Rest of the Season....Or Stay Home

SteelerEmpire
11-29-2009, 10:58 PM
It has come down to this..... 0 room for error......

BlastFurnace
11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I've been a fan for a long time (33 years) and this has been the most disappointing season by far. I'm not expecting anything from this bunch the rest of the year. They just don't have it this year. I'll watch the games and cheer them on, but with very little expectation.

7SteelGal43
11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
:tt03::tt03::tt03:HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

StainlessStill
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Defense blew another 4th qrt lead. Story of the season. Dixon played his ass off and played better than what we could of ever asked. Impressed but unfortunate he got bit by the inexperience bug.

Win out fellas. Bring on Oakland.

BlockMonsta
11-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Raiders-Should be a win, but with the way they have played this season I would not be surprised if we lost that as well.
Browns-A win, but the samething stated in the game above this one goes for this.
Packers-Who knows..We get 8 sacks on Rogers with their O-line.
Ravens-Should have been a win tonight, but the Cheifs should have been a win also...along with the Bengals (1x) and the Bears.
Dolphins-....

However, maybe BA saw that Dixon should be getting in the game to run some plays IMO.

BS overall.

RunWillieRun
11-29-2009, 11:06 PM
After the last three weeks performances, I don't know anyone can feel confident that this team has what it takes to make the playoffs.

I'm not being antagonistic, I am just being realistic considering the injuries, poor ST, and the untimely ability of the D to completely shit the bed with 4 quarter leads.

SteelerEmpire
11-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I just want to know when is Troy expected to return...?

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 12:14 AM
I've been a fan for a long time (33 years) and this has been the most disappointing season by far. I'm not expecting anything from this bunch the rest of the year. They just don't have it this year. I'll watch the games and cheer them on, but with very little expectation.

Really? You've forgotten the '80s, when we basically went into every season having NO chance of realistically doing anything for an entire decade? THAT was disappointing.

SteelCityMan786
11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Really? You've forgotten the '80s, when we basically went into every season having NO chance of realistically doing anything for an entire decade? THAT was disappointing.

This year is nothing in comparison to what the 80s were for this franchise. Thankfully I wasn't born till 1991. :coffee:

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 12:39 AM

I remember the 80's, but I knew after Bradshaw retired that the team was not any good...minus the 1984 season that we pulled out of a hat.

This year, I had some expectations that I guess were too high. That is why it is so disappointing. It's just not our year.

Mags87
11-30-2009, 12:41 AM
...we do control our own destiny. methinks its all down to us, baltimore, and denver. we're missing our defensive MVP and offensive MVP tonight, and take baltimore into OT in their house. why the pessimism? we still have the ravens on our turf late in december, denver is playing as inconsistently as us and getting blown out in their losses. I still think that the two major obstacles to overcome this season are Ben and Troy. get them back, and we're as good as anyone else. :blah::blah::blah: is all i see with these "no playoffs for us" posts. the playoffs are ours for the taking. get there, and who cares what the regular season says. ask the colts about 9 out of 10 stellar regular seasons, or ourselves about the 2005 season. :tt03::tt03::tt03: rally time boys! best time to have momentum is January and boy do we need it! here we go!

stb_steeler
11-30-2009, 01:31 AM

Does the 90's ring a bell....If you've been watching the Steelers for 33 years then you know this isnt the worst season.

steelreserve
11-30-2009, 02:05 AM

In the '80s, there were no expectations. That sucked, but when they did manage to make some noise, it was entertaining. It's a completely different feeling from going in with high expectations and then seeing a huge letdown. I don't know if you can even really compare the two.

And despite what people say about the '80s, I do still take some pride in the fact that even though it was the "dark ages" for the team, they still usually hung around .500 and managed to make the playoffs a number of times. There were only really 3-4 years in the Malone/Brister era when they really sucked ass. That's more than you can usually say when you're going through a decade-long "rebuilding" spell.

steelreserve
11-30-2009, 02:07 AM
...also, if we don't win out with the rest of our schedule, or at most lose one more game, we don't have any business being in the playoffs.

Have you seen who we play the rest of the year? They really suck.

Galax Steeler
11-30-2009, 04:10 AM
...also, if we don't win out with the rest of our schedule, or at most lose one more game, we don't have any business being in the playoffs.

Have you seen who we play the rest of the year? They really suck.

I agree but it seems like the teams that really suck is the ones we are loosing to.:doh:

redst3
11-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Some of those late 80's teams were an absolute joke. I recall one game (1988 or 1989) where Rick Woods and another guy tripped over one another against Arizona and the guy ran it in. They looked like the keystone cops. THAT was a horrible team

solardave
11-30-2009, 05:32 AM

Me too.Around 37 years here. It seems every week we have a new situation pop up. I just don't see us going to the playoffs this season. even if we do we're just not playing well enough to go deep. I don't think this is being pessimistic. But more realistic. I love the steelers and will root for them if they go 0-16.

Dino 6 Rings
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
The Perfect Storm

Colts 11-0
Bengals 8-3
Pats 7-3
Chargers 8-3

Dolphis 5-6 (out at this point)
Jets 5-6 (out at this point)
Ravens 6-5
Steelers 6-5
Broncos 7-4 (First Wild Card team)
Jags 6-5 (second Wild card team)

First off, the Jags must lose. They own a tiebreaker on us apparently.
Second, root against the Ravens every week from here on out.
Third Broncos, if they lose one more, we have them on the tie breaker
Fourth...Oh right..WIN SOME EFFING GAMES!!!

mwittman5
11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
steelers can go 10-6 and make it but they'd need some help. If they go 11-5 then they are pretty much guaranteed a wildcard spot because they'd have beaten the ravens and I doubt denver or the jags win out

Christian Snyder
11-30-2009, 01:17 PM
I think we can grab a WC spot at 10-6.... We MIGHT be able to grab a WC spot at 9-7.

revefsreleets
11-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Actually, the Steelers seem to respond pretty well to this kind of adversity...in spite of all the things going against them last night, they damn near won the game on the road against a bitter rival, who were at full strength, who HATE THEM and were out for revenge...

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Does the 90's ring a bell....If you've been watching the Steelers for 33 years then you know this isnt the worst season.

I didn't say the worst season, I am saying it's the most disappointing season. There is a big difference. Our 90's teams weren't coming off a Super Bowl win.

The_WARDen
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
...we do control our own destiny. methinks its all down to us, baltimore, and denver. we're missing our defensive MVP and offensive MVP tonight, and take baltimore into OT in their house. why the pessimism? we still have the ravens on our turf late in december, denver is playing as inconsistently as us and getting blown out in their losses. I still think that the two major obstacles to overcome this season are Ben and Troy. get them back, and we're as good as anyone else. :blah::blah::blah: is all i see with these "no playoffs for us" posts. the playoffs are ours for the taking. get there, and who cares what the regular season says. ask the colts about 9 out of 10 stellar regular seasons, or ourselves about the 2005 season. :tt03::tt03::tt03: rally time boys! best time to have momentum is January and boy do we need it! here we go!

hey now...everyone knows that champions are crowned in November - just ask Tony Romo!

SteelerEmpire
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM
It's a completely different feeling from going in with high expectations and then seeing a huge letdown.

Yea.... that's what's so aggravating.... I guess that 70's Steeler's team will still have it on this one.... I would have not complained if Big Ben and his bunch upstaged Bradshaw and his...as Ben has said just this year that he wants to win 5 SB's before he leaves the Steelers.... would have been cool.... But, its not over with just yet.... :thumbsup:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
It's just a giant paradox this season. They beat the Chargers, Broncos, Titans, and Vikings. But they lost to the Bears, Chiefs, Bengals x2, and Ravens.