PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Learned...

Bus36RollsUrlacher
11-30-2009, 01:02 AM
IMO the team played better offensively than I expected them to play. Defensively, they played aggressively, but not really under control. There were a ton of bad angles and overpursuit which led to a lot of cutbacks and extra yardage. Other things learned:
1. Mendenhall is the real deal, but stop the spin moves and hit the hole and run. Don't be a dancer.
2. The #3 QB is not too bad. I think it would have been interesting to see him with a full week of practice and more plays under his belt.
3. The OL can run block vs. a good defense - note to BA... remember this - you don't have to rely on the QB all the time. Balance is good!
4. William Gay - You are the weakest link. Don't know where you have been the past few weeks.
5. Defense needs to find some depth. Getting worn out late in games.
6. A good, sure tackle is much better than going for the bone breaking hit - especially when you miss.
7. BA - don't outsmart yourself. Know your QB's limitations - especially late in the game. Play the field position game if you need to. Three straight passes for no yards late and 23 seconds off the clock is inexcusable. Give yourself at least a manageable chance for 3rd down. Too many weeks in a row that we've forgotten who has brought us to the dance offensively down the important stretch. I'm not against passing the ball, but it was evident what worked and what did not work tonight.

Thoughts?

stlrtruck
11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
They need to play under control and definitely get better tackling techniques.

FacemeIke
11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Mendenhall gets a lot of extra yardage with his spin move. Gay has been up and down all season but that is to be expected in his first full year as a starter. Deshea is killing us in nickle coverages and is our weakest link on either side of the ball. He should be sat down. I hate to say it but I don't think Logan is the answer at kick returner either. I wouldn't mind seeing Wallace get a chance for a week. Otherwise, just injuries and some bad luck have led us to 6-5. We really should have been 8-0 before this 3 game skid, as we gave away the first cincy and the bears games.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 09:19 AM
I hate to say it but I don't think Logan is the answer at kick returner either. I wouldn't mind seeing Wallace get a chance for a week.

Until we get better blocking on the returns, it won't matter who we put back there.

plenewken
11-30-2009, 09:22 AM
We really should have been 8-0 before this 3 game skid, as we gave away the first cincy and the bears games.

You forgot that we were lucky to get a W against Tennessee on Day 1.

madtowndrunkard
11-30-2009, 10:19 AM
You forgot that we were lucky to get a W against Tennessee on Day 1.

There comes a point when you can no longer say " We are a good team, we just gave away a few close games" It has become a trend...it is who we are. We are a sloppy undisciplined football team with a lot of talent.

Shoes
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
There comes a point when you can no longer say " We are a good team, we just gave away a few close games" It has become a trend...it is who we are. We are a sloppy undisciplined football team with a lot of talent.

Go watch hockey since "our season is over" :coffee: