PDA

View Full Version : Ward Trashes Big Ben

Pdiddy
11-30-2009, 01:23 AM
I think you all are in a little more trouble than you might want to believe. Not only did you lose to the Ravens, but your locker room situation is simmering to a boil. I am sure most of you probably saw the interview before the game where Hines Ward ripped Big Ben, saying that half the locker room is upset with Ben for not playing in this important game. He said "most of us have played after a concussion" and he was not sure why Ben was not playing, questioning his toughness. OUCH.

Hope you all can right the ship in time to make the playoffs. Would love to play you again and turn the sweep into a triple play! :thumbsup:

Personally, I do not blame Big Ben for not playing. Concussions are nothing to mess with and if I recall, he has had about six of them. If he took another blow tonight, he could be messing with his career and possibly his quality of life when he gets older.

Shea
11-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Was Hines questioning Ben, or questioning Tomlin's decision to not let Ben play?

Looks like it's gonna cause some drama either way.....

revefsreleets
11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I think you all are in a little more trouble than you might want to believe. Not only did you lose to the Ravens, but your locker room situation is simmering to a boil. I am sure most of you probably saw the interview before the game where Hines Ward ripped Big Ben, saying that half the locker room is upset with Ben for not playing in this important game. He said "most of us have played after a concussion" and he was not sure why Ben was not playing, questioning his toughness. OUCH.

Hope you all can right the ship in time to make the playoffs. Would love to play you again and turn the sweep into a triple play! :thumbsup:

Personally, I do not blame Big Ben for not playing. Concussions are nothing to mess with and if I recall, he has had about six of them. If he took another blow tonight, he could be messing with his career and possibly his quality of life when he gets older.

Well, for team in "turmoil", it took you home field and deep into OT to beat us....with a 3rd string QB playing and our best defensive player on the bench.

We will get healthy and be much, much better by seasons end...that was about the best the Rats could muster...the ravens are nothing to rave about....

SteelCityMom
11-30-2009, 01:22 PM

For one, the way the Ravens played yesterday...their playoff chances are a lot slimmer than the Steelers playoff chances. Had either Ben or Troy been in that game, it never would have gone to OT...and I think any rational Ravens fan knows that.

As for what Ward said about Ben, I think he should have held his tongue...it doesn't make WARD look good, especially when it was reported early in the game that Ben basically begged to play last night (Tomlin's words, not Ben's) but was told no by Tomlin. But I don't expect you to take that little tidbit into consideration.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 01:38 PM

And I think you're a giant puss for disappearing last year during your 4-11-1 campaign only to show up here and talk shit this year. :coffee:

revefsreleets
11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
You know, I've been going over what Ward said and it's.....................just not really that big of a deal.

SteelersMongol
11-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow, so since when did V start thinking the Baltimore Sun is the most reliable resource on what goes on between the Steelers players?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ron-cook1129,0,7245766.story

The Ravens fanatics R terrible.

Edman
11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Where were you last year?

Enjoy your little day in the sunlight Bungle fan. You and all the other striped ****ers will go back to Marvin head hunting soon enough.

HometownGal
12-01-2009, 09:05 AM
I am sure most of you probably saw the interview before the game where Hines Ward ripped Big Ben, saying that half the locker room is upset with Ben for not playing in this important game.

That's NOT what Hines said. He said "the locker room was 50/50 on whether Ben should play or not". There was nothing said about anyone in that locker room being upset. Get your story straight before you come here making false statements.

On a positive note, at least Hines didn't punch one of the coaches at halftime to express his dismay.

Bubby Blister
12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't listen to the media overblowing situations as usual.

This is football. If you have never played football you would not understand what goes on in a locker room. In an NFL locker room if a player says he is not playing because he has a headache, will get laughed at, teased, and ragged on. I'm sure Ward was not the only one who said something.

Big Ben should have played. Each year the NFL becomes more of a whoose. By the year 2020, the NFL will become the NFFL (National Flag Football League).

Football involves playing through injuries. Ward is not wrong for commenting. He knew they would lose with Dixon being thrown into the Lions Den. :tt:

HometownGal
12-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Big Ben should have played. Each year the NFL becomes more of a whoose. By the year 2020, the NFL will become the NFFL (National Flag Football League).

Football involves playing through injuries. Ward is not wrong for commenting. He knew they would lose with Dixon being thrown into the Lions Den. :tt:

Have you ever had a concussion? Have you ever had 4 of them in a 4 year span? :doh:

Nevermind. With that post, I think you are currently suffering from one. :rolleyes:

stlrtruck
12-01-2009, 10:56 AM

And yet with 6 mins to go Dixon had the Steelers with the lead. This loss has nothing to do with Big Ben's absence, but more so with our defense!

vasteeler
12-01-2009, 11:37 AM
And yet with 6 mins to go Dixon had the Steelers with the lead. This loss has nothing to do with Big Ben's absence, but more so with our defense!

why so many people can't see that is beyond me

SteelCityMom
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM

This is football. If you have never played football you would not understand what goes on in a locker room. In an NFL locker room if a player says he is not playing because he has a headache, will get laughed at, teased, and ragged on. I'm sure Ward was not the only one who said something.

Yeah...in case you didn't know, the decision wasn't left up to Ben. He wanted to play, but was told no by his doctor and coach.

BTW, what the heck is a whoose?

The_WARDen
12-01-2009, 03:40 PM

So, you know what goes on in an NFL locker room?
:popcorn:

iloveben7
12-01-2009, 11:12 PM

what NFL locker room have you been in?
Have you had 4 concussions in 4 years?
If you think that a football game is more important than life, well you're an idiot. And Hines is too if he knew they would lose with Dennis because they sure in the heck didn't lose because of Dennis.

steel striker
12-01-2009, 11:26 PM

Dennis gave us the lead and, all we had to do was stop them on a 3rd @18. It was unacceptable the our defense could not stop then to finish the game. Thats all you can ask for the offense to give your very good defense a chance to close out the game.

Pdiddy
12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Where were you last year?

Enjoy your little day in the sunlight Bungle fan. You and all the other striped ****ers will go back to Marvin head hunting soon enough.

Last year....?? Really.... why do you want to keep talking about last year? Oh yeah, this year must be pretty rough for you to think about.... getting swept by the Bengals, losing the last three games in a row, getting beat by KC.... Oh, and did I mention the Bengals beat you at your own game on your home turf to complete a SWEEP!!

Enjoy your day in the rain Squeeler fan, there is no fan in the NFL that deserves it more.

Oh, and I was right about Ward. He apologized today for his remarks that obviously caused problems in the locker room. Otherwise, why the need for an apology?

Christian Snyder
12-02-2009, 08:44 PM

How many times do I have to say this? I think I'm just going to copy and paste from now on. Anyway, a concussion is a serious brain injury... After just having a concussion just 1 week earlier he would've been 3 X more likely to have another concussion during the Ravens game.. Had he had another concussion during the Ravens game he could've gone down for season or worse. He also could've got Dementia... Dementia is something similar to Alzheimer's I believe. Now, did you really want anything that I've posted to happen to Ben? I didn't think so.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Hines is a man among men and if anybody on this team that can say something it is Hines. That being said I really think this is pure frustration. Not only at loosing but Ben practiced all week and then the team finds out on Saturday they are going to be without their offensive leader. They are already without their 2nd stringer and now they are going into the biggest rivalry game without their ace. Not only that but how many more reps would Dixon get if he was prepared earlier in the week.

It is a shame it came out like it did in a public forum but I blame the coaching staff and I like Tomlin but he did not handle this very well. I hope he does better in the future.

fansince'76
12-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Last year....?? Really.... why do you want to keep talking about last year? Oh yeah, this year must be pretty rough for you to think about.... getting swept by the Bengals, losing the last three games in a row, getting beat by KC.... Oh, and did I mention the Bengals beat you at your own game on your home turf to complete a SWEEP!!

Doesn't change the fact that you lacked the stones to come around here until your team began to have it's once-or-twice-in-a-decade-if-that-often decent season. IOW, you're still a puss. :coffee:

SteelCityMom
12-02-2009, 09:54 PM

Enjoy your day in the rain Squeeler fan, there is no fan in the NFL that deserves it more.

Oh, and I was right about Ward. He apologized today for his remarks that obviously caused problems in the locker room. Otherwise, why the need for an apology?

We've been through worse years as Steelers fans, I think we'll get over it. Seasons not over yet and there's nothing for anyone to brag about till it's all said and done with.

Edman
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM

I'm bringing up last year because Bangal fans and you in particular were nowhere to be found. Instead you were deep in hiding cursing Mike Brown and ready to run Ochostinko and Marvie out of town. But now that the Bengals are having their one in a while miracle season, here you are like a true bandwagoner. God, at least CantStop85 had the balls to hang around here.

We're on a bad spell right now due to our own mistakes, but we're still not dead yet. Until I see the Steelers sitting in the eliminated section, there is no reason to give up on the season. It's just going to be difficult is all. We've been through worse shit.