PDA

View Full Version : Ward & Holmes after the game!

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 12:44 AM
I agree with what Ward said, the reason he was pissed is that Ben took the majority of snaps until Friday. He should be pissed as well as the whole team about this. Maybe not at Ben but someone should be the blame, if the Dr's cleared Ben all week then he should have played, if Ben was having headaches after practicing he should have been up front with the Dr's and Coaching staff early in the week. Lastly, it's up to Tomlin to put his team in the best possible position to win so why not have Dixon take all the snaps through the week, I'm quite sure that if Ben was going to start he could have taken all the reps on Friday.

As for Santonio's comments, he really called Ben out, I don't have the excerpt but needless to say he really didn't hold back.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
I was under the impression the Drs. "uncleared" Ben to play yesterday morning, so I guess it's the Drs. fault. :coffee:

Shoes
11-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Soon we will run out of people to blame, this is really getting old!

Shoes
11-30-2009, 12:50 AM
I was under the impression the Drs. "uncleared" Ben to play yesterday morning, so I guess it's the Drs. fault. :coffee:

Exactly!

MACH1
11-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Last I heard it was Tomlins call to sit him.

Shoes
11-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Last I heard it was Tomlins call to sit him.

Nope, Mike T followed the Drs advice..... take a listen

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81498be1/Steelers-postgame-press-conference

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Nope Mike T followed the Dr advice..... take a listen

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81498be1/Steelers-postgame-press-conference

"Dr. Maroon(?) (sp) suggested on Saturday morning that we don't play him." - Mike Tomlin (at approx. :55 of the video)

MACH1
11-30-2009, 01:06 AM
"Dr. Maroon(?) (sp) suggested on Saturday morning that we don't play him." - Mike Tomlin (at approx. :55 of the video)

:doh:

Damn Dr.s anyway. It's all their fault. :sofunny:

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 01:07 AM
I'll reiterate, why not have Dixon take all the snaps through the week, I'm quite sure that if Ben was going to start he could have taken all the reps on Friday. As a Coach you owe it to your team to put them in the best possible position to win. With Ben having a Concussion the week before why not err on the side of caution through the week of practice and if he can play great but if not as we all saw Dixon, as great as he played was a little off with the receivers. I felt so bad for Dixon, I told my wife when we went into OT, as a long time Steeler fan I don't think I ever said this before but I told her if we lose this game I hope Dixon doesn't throw a pick because he has played so well tonight with only one day of reps in practice. Well I guess Steeler Nation can blame me.

MT83
11-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Does anyone have Hines and Santonio's quotes or a video?

Gnutella
11-30-2009, 01:16 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the WRs can shut the f*ck up considering they've been the weakest link on the offense this season! If we don't lead the NFL in dropped TD passes, then we're sure as hell up there!

I'm also getting pissed off at all the thinly-veiled-to-apparently-downright-candid comments being made by players to the media in the last week or so. It's none of their business! You keep your dirty laundry in the locker room! At least Ben has enough sense to do that!

Gnutella
11-30-2009, 01:18 AM
By the way, anybody remember what happened to the Eagles a few seasons ago after a WR splintered their locker room?

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 01:21 AM
I'll reiterate, why not have Dixon take all the snaps through the week, I'm quite sure that if Ben was going to start he could have taken all the reps on Friday. As a Coach you owe it to your team to put them in the best possible position to win. With Ben having a Concussion the week before why not err on the side of caution through the week of practice and if he can play great but if not as we all saw Dixon, as great as he played was a little off with the receivers. I felt so bad for Dixon, I told my wife when we went into OT, as a long time Steeler fan I don't think I ever said this before but I told her if we lose this game I hope Dixon doesn't throw a pick because he has played so well tonight with only one day of reps in practice. Well I guess Steeler Nation can blame me.

So we should have let Dixon take most of the reps in practice, even though Ben was passing all the neurological tests during the week? Seems like kind of a waste, considering as late as Friday Ben was expected to start. I think having to go with Dixon in this kind of game under these kind of circumstances was the LAST thing Tomlin wanted to do. :noidea:

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 01:25 AM
So we should have let Dixon take most of the reps in practice, even though Ben was passing all the neurological tests during the week? Seems like kind of a waste, considering as late as Friday Ben was expected to start. I think having to go with Dixon in this kind of game was the LAST thing Tomlin wanted to do. :noidea:

So you get it. I think by now Ben can run this Offense in his sleep. You go with worst case scenario in this situation especially if you are playing the Ravens D in their house. They may not be the Ravens D of old but you don't throw a young kid to the Lions. A little fore thought would have been nice. KUDOS to Dixon for a great performance in spite of the late decision.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 01:29 AM
So you get it. I think by now Ben can run this Offense in his sleep. You go with worst case scenario in this situation especially if you are playing the Ravens D in their house. They may not be the Ravens D of old but you don't throw a young kid to the Lions. A little fore thought would have been nice. KUDOS to Dixon for a great performance in spite of the late decision.

The worst case scenario ALL WEEK was Ben starting, until the Dr. pulled the plug Saturday morning. I don't think pulling reps from the starter for shits and giggles is wise regardless of how well he knows the offense. 20/20 hindsight is wonderful, though.

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 01:34 AM
The worst case scenario ALL WEEK was Ben starting, until the Dr. pulled the plug Saturday morning. I don't think pulling reps from the starter for shits and giggles is wise regardless of how well he knows the offense. 20/20 hindsight is wonderful, though.

I think Ben starting was the BEST case scenario. We saw the worst case scenario this evening. What you don't do is throw a guy in there with one day of reps.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Hopefully this team can turn this around but there is definately a disconnect somewhere in that locker room and until that gets fixed things are going to be interesting. GO STEELERS!

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I think Tone could have held back a little.

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 01:56 AM
What did Holmes say, exactly? I didn't see the interview. He's really starting to piss me off, though.

Attention Santonio: just because you have a "T" and an "O" in your name doesn't mean anyone wants to see you throw your quarterback under the bus every time you lose a game. Maybe if you caught a few more balls that came your way, you wouldn't be in this position.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 02:00 AM
I didn't hear Santo's comments, as I turned the channel as soon as the game was over. I'd imagine he was probably following Hines' lead, though. They BOTH need to STFU, IMO.

stillers4me
11-30-2009, 05:34 AM
We didn't lose this game because Dennis Dixon was the QB.

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 06:27 AM
We didn't lose this game because Dennis Dixon was the QB.

Exactly. We lost because our overrated defense lost the game for us....AGAIN!