PDA

View Full Version : This "Bus /family/home" storyline is going to be beat to death...

Hammer67
01-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I love Bettis and think the story is nice but it is going to make me sick over the next two weeks watching all the overbearing stories the networks are going to run on it.

It's a shame....

tony hipchest
01-25-2006, 06:59 PM
unfortunately this is already being called a boring story line sb and j.b. going home is the lead story. the lead story really should be "how great the pittsburgh steelers are and how everybody wants to be them". lol

just a joke. (the steeler players themselves might get full of themselves after 2 weeks of that.....or 5 minutes)

Hammer67
01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I have already heard people getting sick of the story...especially here in Detroit...they are pounding it on every news broadcast and on all the radio talk shows.

SteelerzGirl
01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, I think it's a nice tribute to Jerome considering this will more than likely be his last year. It doesn't bother me, but then maybe it's because I'm a Steelers fan.

Hammer67
01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
So am I but there are more stories behind this team. Networks always pick one tagline and pound it to death. I just hope they focus on the team...

seahawksfan
01-25-2006, 08:00 PM
All the team(s)story lines will emerge. It starts with Bettis owing to all the reasons we know. It'll end with a goal line stop by the Seahawks D-line stopping his last attempt to pound it through.

tony hipchest
01-25-2006, 08:42 PM
All the team(s)story lines will emerge. It starts with Bettis owing to all the reasons we know. It'll end with a goal line stop by the Seahawks D-line stopping his last attempt to pound it through. maybe after replay review they incorrectly rule him over the line a la vinnie and the jets:busted:

Koopa
01-25-2006, 08:52 PM
yeah that's why i have stopped watching espn, it's getting old. i'm glad fsn southwest don't talk about it 24 hours a day so i still get my fix of sports shows. best damn sports show is the only show that should be shown

Pamela
01-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I have already heard people getting sick of the story...especially here in Detroit...they are pounding it on every news broadcast and on all the radio talk shows. People are already getting sick of it.

Give me a break and stop whinning. Jerome deserves all the props he's getting. Have you forgotten what he's done for our team? Let him have his glory, he's more than earned it.

Pamela
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Well, I think it's a nice tribute to Jerome considering this will more than likely be his last year. It doesn't bother me, but then maybe it's because I'm a Steelers fan.

That's right. I couldn't agree more. Where's the support? I for one will miss the bus and I too am glad he is getting his props!

Go Steelers!

Hammer67
01-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Give me a break and stop whinning. Jerome deserves all the props he's getting. Have you forgotten what he's done for our team? Let him have his glory, he's more than earned it.

Whinning? Don't you mean WHINING?:rolleyes:

Yes, yes, Jerome is wonderful. Read my post. I am a fan and like the story, yah knucklehead! :wtf:

I was commenting on how the networks are going to beat the story to death which is a shame. Read the post thoroughly before you reply, please.....

OX1947
01-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Wow, I cant just imagine it. Steelers up 20-17, we're on the one yard line with 2:13 left and Jerome is in the game. kreider goes in motion and boom, Jerome gets the ball and runs it in for the game clinching TD. WOW....

seahawksfan
01-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Wow, I cant just imagine it. Steelers up 20-17, we're on the one yard line with 2:13 left and Jerome is in the game. kreider goes in motion and boom, Jerome gets the ball and runs it in for the game clinching TD. WOW....

:dang: I can't imagine it either!

melroseplace
01-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm really glad that he is getting the respect and props he deserves, and I personally won't get sick of hearing about it, but I know what you mean. kinda like Parker's story...for awhile there it seemed like everytime he made a play they announcers would talk about how he didn't play in college but Rooney saw him play in high school and remembered him. it's an awesome story but after awhile it got old :blah:

tony hipchest
01-26-2006, 11:34 AM
it could be worse.

no matter what, it beats listenning to the tedi bruschi recovery story for 2 weeks. that woulda killed me. or how about the "tom brady is the greatest qb ever" story?

Koopa
01-26-2006, 01:55 PM
it could be worse.

no matter what, it beats listenning to the tedi bruschi recovery story for 2 weeks. that woulda killed me. or how about the "tom brady is the greatest qb ever" story?

yup, thank god they didn't get here i would've had to kill every espn analyst cause them fools would've been making it seem he had a stroke 3 hours before kickoff and acted like he said f' you doctor i'm playing in the superbowl.

TexaSteeler
01-26-2006, 02:08 PM
All the team(s)story lines will emerge. It starts with Bettis owing to all the reasons we know. It'll end with a goal line stop by the Seahawks D-line stopping his last attempt to pound it through.

... for the fourth time and a 31 point lead.