PDA

View Full Version : im sorry for another BA...however..

onefortheotherhand
11-30-2009, 06:48 AM
before the game i was thinking that the only way we win this is BAs play calling. I was happy with it during the first half mostly but he only let dennis dixon roll out on a PA bootleg maybe 2 or 3 times. WHY NOT play to dennis dixons strengths, why not give him the option to run it for big yards or make a good throw like he did on most of the roll outs. :doh::doh::doh:

HometownGal
11-30-2009, 06:59 AM
before the game i was thinking that the only way we win this is BAs play calling. I was happy with it during the first half mostly but he only let dennis dixon roll out on a PA bootleg maybe 2 or 3 times. WHY NOT play to dennis dixons strengths, why not give him the option to run it for big yards or make a good throw like he did on most of the roll outs. :doh::doh::doh:

As is stated in another article in this forum, BA called the game with what he felt Dixon would be most comfortable with and imho, BA did a very good job of game calling. Besides that, I'm sure he didn't want to take too many chances on Dixon getting hurt as Palko had only 3 days of practice before the game.

Steeldude
11-30-2009, 08:17 AM
dixon getting hurt is a chance you take on a game this important. IMO, dixon only looked comfortable when running.

i think BA should have called more bootlegs.

is it just me or does dixon look like he weighs 170 rather than 200? :smile: he's a lanky dude

steeltheone
11-30-2009, 08:21 AM
dixon getting hurt is a chance you take on a game this important. IMO, dixon only looked comfortable when running.

i think BA should have called more bootlegs.

is it just me or does dixon look like he weighs 170 rather than 200? :smile: he's a lanky dude

Agreed...H:tt03:e should have run him much more. You don't play not to get hurt.

The_WARDen
11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
if you're sorry, then why start another one...

just post in the 10 other ones, unless you just want your name out there.

:noidea:

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 08:23 AM
if you're sorry, then why start another one...

just post in the 1000 other ones, unless you just want your name out there.

:noidea:

Fixed.

Texasteel
11-30-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't know, I though Dixon look pretty comfortable with the game plan, till the last of the game. I too thought BA called a good game.

StainlessStill
11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I thought the game plan worked to ALMOST perfection. They ran, ran, ran and Mendenhall AND the O-line stepped up and showed how tough they could really be. As for bootlegs and what not, I was also waiting for it, and IT CAME! On the GO AHEAD TOUCHDOWN! Dixon played a helluva game, better than what I could of ever expected. I thought it was a HELL of an effort givin the circumstance that we were set in and we scored 17 points, the amount of points that WINS Ravens/Steelers games so I'm happy by the way we responded. Dixon was bit by the inexperienced bug at the end and the Defense can't stop anyone when they need to, even though they played a helluva game.

Also, credit to the OLINE as well, I believe they gave up 0 sacks!