PDA

View Full Version : Big Effing Sigh

Dino 6 Rings
11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
yeah...I want to rant and rave and go off about this loss to the Ravens...sitting at 6-5 really isn't where I thought we'd be, especially with the Jags dropping their game earlier we had an opportunity to take the Wild Card spot for our own...

guys are chirping the locker room...or at least its being reported that way...the O Coordinator is getting bashed...the D Coordinator is getting bashed...the head coach is getting bashed...the 2nd Year QB made a mistake late...the defense let up huge plays again...the offense wasn't great on 3rd down...the special teams still lacks in coverage giving up big returns or at least large chunks on returns...

The Back Up QB, the Back Up LG, the Back up Safety, the Back up DT, big effing sigh...

I was very dissapointed...but I have hope...11-5 can make the playoffs...its rare it doesn't...like last season...looking at a 5th or 6th seed at best at this point...unless someone else completely collapses...what's important is one game at a time...Raiders are next...got to beat them otherwise we are looking toward a rare Steelers not in the post season type of year...which suck...

but...we've been here before as fans...we've seen this all before...sometimes your heart is ripped out of your chest as you lose an AFC Title Game...sometimes your amazed when a 6th seed goes on to beat the #3, #1, and #2 Seeds in a row to go on to beat the NFC #1 Seed in the Super Bowl...

we'll see how this plays out...I'm just ready for a single win at this point to get things rolling in the right direction...1 win, 2 losses, 5 wins, 3 losses. We are what we are at this point. A Good team with Flaws and with Great Players...we can make a run, or choke out like punks...its up to our guys to get it going. All of them. All the Players, all the Coaches and all the Fans...its in our own hands at this point. Win out...In the playoffs...lose more games...playing golf...

The_WARDen
11-30-2009, 08:40 AM
The way things are going (injuries, apparent locker room issues), I don't expect this team to make the playoffs.

However, looking the schedule (Oakland at home, Clowns, Packers at home, Ravens at home, Dolphins), they could easily go 4-1. They could also go 1-4 if the team that lost to the Chiefs shows up.

Without Ben and Troy, it's gonna be tough.

plenewken
11-30-2009, 08:49 AM
I've heard the "one game at a time" thing all year long and particularly since our 2nd loss to the Bengals. Didn't prevent us to lay 2 more eggs since.
We're not a good team this year, that's the reality. One week it's ST, the next it's D, the next it's O. Seems like we're not 100% focused when we walk on the field.
Like I said before, we're not the 7th offense and 7th defense in the AFC for no reason.

madtowndrunkard
11-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Normally I'd have a little more optimism about our playoff chances, even after losing 3 straight....but if you look at who we've beaten and who we've been beaten by you can't possibly think we have a shot at the playoffs.

Losses to teams like the Bears, Ravens, and Chiefs do not happen to good teams. We've been swept by the Bengals, who IMO really aren't that good. A very mediocre Ravens team just beat us, and if it weren't for a couple stupid special team penalties on the Ravens that game never makes it to OT.

We've been gift wrapped a ridiculously easy schedule and we can't even handle that. We've changed our offensive philosophy to a system that is not working. The coaches have shown NO ability to adjust.

Nothing has shown me that we can beat all remaining teams left on our schedule. As a fan I want to think we can do it, but if you look at it honestly it doesn't look good at all.

Shoes
11-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Normally I'd have a little more optimism about our playoff chances, even after losing 3 straight....but if you look at who we've beaten and who we've been beaten by you can't possibly think we have a shot at the playoffs.

Losses to teams like the Bears, Ravens, and Chiefs do not happen to good teams. We've been swept by the Bengals, who IMO really aren't that good. A very mediocre Ravens team just beat us, and if it weren't for a couple stupid special team penalties on the Ravens that game never makes it to OT.

We've been gift wrapped a ridiculously easy schedule and we can't even handle that. We've changed our offensive philosophy to a system that is not working. The coaches have shown NO ability to adjust.

Nothing has shown me that we can beat all remaining teams left on our schedule. As a fan I want to think we can do it, but if you look at it honestly it doesn't look good at all.

It's amazing " Raven Fan's" can come on this board and make more sense than some of our "own"

madtowndrunkard
11-30-2009, 09:12 AM
It's amazing " Raven Fan's" can come on this board and make more sense than some of our "own"

It's amazing that some Ravens fans don't feel the need to insult other board members to make their points...yet some steeler fans do.

What part of what I said don't you agree with? Oh wait I forgot....we are the steelers - we can lose to no one! Because some fans are NOT "fanatics" and can actually take an honest look at our team does not make you any better of a fan.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out issues with your own team. If our coaching staff and management took the same approach as you, we'd be the Raiders. You can acknowledge strengths along w/ weaknesses and still be a fan.

Shoes
11-30-2009, 09:33 AM
It's amazing that some Ravens fans don't feel the need to insult other board members to make their points...yet some steeler fans do.

What part of what I said don't you agree with? Oh wait I forgot....we are the steelers - we can lose to no one! Because some fans are NOT "fanatics" and can actually take an honest look at our team does not make you any better of a fan.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out issues with your own team. If our coaching staff and management took the same approach as you, we'd be the Raiders. You can acknowledge strengths along w/ weaknesses and still be a fan.

Your point is "OUR SEASON IS OVER"!.......that's what I don't agree with. You made that point in another post and you've carried it through all the others. You seem to think everyone should agree with you. I don't think you had one positive comment about any Steeler player in yesterday's game.......but the ravens did.

revefsreleets
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
There are 5 games left. We are not yet healthy. We have a couple bad teams coming up on the schedule. There is some reason for optimism.

Nadroj 20
11-30-2009, 09:42 AM

Your right you can point out some negative points about your own team its ok because facts are facts but the FACT is your wrong!

Look at the standings right now denvers a wildcard at 7-4 and there are 3 teams (steelers jags and ravens) tied at 6-5....we still play the ravens at home and own the tie breaker with denver....there is still a good chance so to say there is NO chance isnt correct.

Nadroj 20
11-30-2009, 09:45 AM

So the raiders and browns who are the next two games mark them up as losses? :toofunny:

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I realize last night's loss has left a bad taste in the mouths of the Steelers faithful, but c'mon! Pittsburgh stands at 6-5 and the #8 seed in the AFC playoff picture with five games to go. Of which a few of those games are against Oakland, Cleveland and Miami. The #7 seed is Baltimore, who the Steelers host in a month, and the #6 is Jacksonville, who IMO will fade from the playoff picture after the next three games against the Texans, Dolphins and the Colts.

And Denver, the #5 seed has a game against KC (they always play tough against each other), Indy and the Eagles. The way they have played the last month or so they could lose all three.

Can the Steelers afford to relax and drop two more games? No, they cannot. But are they still in contention? Of course they are. Do you realize how many franchises there are out there that wish they were in your "terrible" predicament right now?

Shoes
11-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Crow you should change your name to Crow-Magnon/Steeler Fan :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
11-30-2009, 10:12 AM
My big effing sigh goes to losing FOUR games by 3 points and another by 6...that hurts being all games were possible W's.....

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I think that we can win the next five games. We absolutely HAVE to of course, and when the Steelers' backs are against the wall, they usually can win. That's not saying that we absolutely WILL win... A few weeks ago, I guaranteed that we would go 13-3. If I truly believed in luck and superstition, I'd say that I jinxed the team. But the point is, nothing is ever guranteed.

But looking at the teams left on the schedule, I think that there is no reason to believe that any of these games aren't winnable.

The Jokeland Raiders are terrible. JaMarcus Russell was so awful that he was benched for a guy who plays like an emergency backup, at best.

The Browns... are the Browns.

The Packers are pretty good but we play them at home, and they are capable of losing, even to inferior teams (the Bucs).

The Ravens just barely beat us with a backup QB - I highly doubt they'll beat us with Ben, especially if Troy is also back.

The Dolphins just lost to the Bills. Now, the Bills have improved since firing Dick Jauron, but they haven't improved THAT much. Add that to the fact the the Dolphins' strength is their running game. The one thing our defense can do really well is defend against the run.

If we win the next two games - and if statistics mean anything than we should - that should give us the edge to win the last three games, which are all against tougher teams.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Crow you should change your name to Crow-Magnon/Steeler Fan :chuckle:

Ain't nuthin' better than AFCN football.

Well, maybe with the exception of those Ohio teams. :drink:

sherlock
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I realize last night's loss has left a bad taste in the mouths of the Steelers faithful, but c'mon! Pittsburgh stands at 6-5 and the #8 seed in the AFC playoff picture with five games to go. Of which a few of those games are against Oakland, Cleveland and Miami. The #7 seed is Baltimore, who the Steelers host in a month, and the #6 is Jacksonville, who IMO will fade from the playoff picture after the next three games against the Texans, Dolphins and the Colts.

And Denver, the #5 seed has a game against KC (they always play tough against each other), Indy and the Eagles. The way they have played the last month or so they could lose all three.

Can the Steelers afford to relax and drop two more games? No, they cannot. But are they still in contention? Of course they are. Do you realize how many franchises there are out there that wish they were in your "terrible" predicament right now?

The voice of reason,nice post.
Considering the injuries and that DD was,until this week the 3rd choice QB the Steelers came pretty close to a win.
Ray Rice was brilliant and the Steelers secondary had a poor game,oh well, and surely playing the Ravens is never gonna be easy.
Come on you Steelers!:tt04:

Indo
11-30-2009, 12:24 PM

Classy, as always, Crow

Rice is a Beast, BTW----but you probably already knew that

Do us a favor---there's a douchey ratbirds fan in the Blast Furnace ("Ratbirds" thread) who could use a good a$$-kicking from a Classy Ravens fan...

Gnutella
11-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Losses to teams like the Bears, Ravens, and Chiefs do not happen to good teams.

And wins over the Chargers, Broncos and Vikings don't happen to bad teams.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Classy, as always, Crow

Rice is a Beast, BTW----but you probably already knew that

Do us a favor---there's a douchey ratbirds fan in the Blast Furnace ("Ratbirds" thread) who could use a good a$$-kicking from a Classy Ravens fan...

If you're referencing Ben's Head, I think he already got the SteelersFever boot in the sphincter.

Posters like that are the real douchebags, whether they're Ravens fans or Steelers fans.

Indo
11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
If you're referencing Ben's Head, I think he already got the SteelersFever boot in the sphincter.

Posters like that are the real douchebags, whether they're Ravens fans or Steelers fans.

I was
and they are

Unfortunately douchebaggery comes in all colors...

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I think it's cool that fans of other teams pop onto this board to discuss things, even if they are fans of our biggest rivals.

But the ones who come on here and act like douchebags are ridiculous. I don't pop onto Ravens forums just to tell those people their team sucks... if you do that sort of thing, then really, you're just making the team that you hate more important than the team that you love.

24seven
11-30-2009, 01:57 PM
My big ehffin sigh has to go to the 2 times we let 1:50 go at the end of the half (s). Basically they are telling the fans and the team.. well.. sorry we just suck to bad to put forth any more effort and were just going to bag it and hope for a better situation after the break.. We could of easily used that time to try and score... but we do that stupid ass draw play then just waste the other 3 downs and then the Ravens figure hey.. we got 30 seconds we can score.. Now why the hell can't we do that?? Then at the end of regulation.. They try a couple plays and Dixon almost gets picked and they end up just givin up again.. Lets take our chances in OT.. First off.. You aren't even guaranteed you'll even touch the ball in OT let alone win it.. I'm so tired of watching the Steelers waste valuable time. It's like watching the Seahawks in Superbowl XL.. Ok.. end of rant..
We basically sit in a way like we did last year.. We have a very talented football team that is either squeaking by teams or losing to a very small margin. We just need some gel to start forming and we can turn this around so easily. But shit like letting the end of the half expire with no effort just isn't going to cut it.. We've done that like 10 times this year so far.. Even if were in the lead there is no reason NOT to try.. so put the damn pom poms down and play some ball!!!

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I think it's cool that fans of other teams pop onto this board to discuss things, even if they are fans of our biggest rivals.

But the ones who come on here and act like douchebags are ridiculous. I don't pop onto Ravens forums just to tell those people their team sucks... if you do that sort of thing, then really, you're just making the team that you hate more important than the team that you love.

Douches like that are like the guys who talk with a big mouth when their buddies are standing next to them, but when they turn around and find themselves alone, they start that nervous laughter and try to tell you it was all a joke.

That, and if their team loses, you never see them again.

revefsreleets
11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Douches like that are like the guys who talk with a big mouth when their buddies are standing next to them, but when they turn around and find themselves alone, they start that nervous laughter and try to tell you it was all a joke.

I was wrong about you...I apologize for some of the things I may have said earlier. You are a far superior poster than MANY of the Steelers "fans" who post here.

Cheers!

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I was wrong about you...I apologize for some of the things I may have said earlier. You are a far superior poster than MANY of the Steelers "fans" who post here.

Cheers!

Well, thank you!

I guess I am old enough that I see no value in being a blatant homer, yet young enough that I still get freakin' worked up over whether my team wins or loses.

In that light, I have to say that your initial assessment of the Ravens and their possible outcome (I believe you said 8-8, maybe 9-7) still may be right. I think Baltimore can beat Green Bay and will beat Detroit, Chicago and Oakland and end up at 10-6 after dropping one to the Steelers in Pittsburgh, but I can also see a possible loss next week that gives them that 9-7 record.

God help me if Detroit beats them! :banging:

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Very true.

Interesting thing about this Steelers/Ravens rivalry... once again, the playoff dreams for each team lie in the next game where they play each other. If the Steelers win their final five games and finish with an 11-5 record, then that could knock the Ravens out of playoff contention as the best they can hope for in that case is a 10-6 record. However, if you beat us, even if we win the other four games on the schedule... we'll likely miss the playoffs altogether for dropping 4 games to division rivals.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Very true.

Interesting thing about this Steelers/Ravens rivalry... once again, the playoff dreams for each team lie in the next game where they play each other. If the Steelers win their final five games and finish with an 11-5 record, then that could knock the Ravens out of playoff contention as the best they can hope for in that case is a 10-6 record. However, if you beat us, even if we win the other four games on the schedule... we'll likely miss the playoffs altogether for dropping 4 games to division rivals.

But......ain't that the way it should be? No "well, if Jax does this, or if Denver loses here, and....." No, better that it comes down to a showdown between two bitter AFCN rivals.

I wonder if that is a possible flex game?

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 03:08 PM
But......ain't that the way it should be? No "well, if Jax does this, or if Denver loses here, and....." No, better that it comes down to a showdown between two bitter AFCN rivals.

I wonder if that is a possible flex game?

Good point. I love it when a team can control its own destiny. As for it being a flex game... I dunno, but if it is, then I wouldn't doubt that if both teams win all of their games up until that point, it will be another Sunday night game.