PDA

View Full Version : Ike looked lost

truesteelerfan
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
How can Ike Taylor, Our best CB, play get taken to school by an old vet receiver who was retired at the beginning of training camp? To give up a TD, a long no-call pass interference that would have resulted in a 1st and 10 at the one yard line, and then later a double penalty on the same play? And he's our best guy? Was he getting beat by Mason's speed? That can't be it....Maybe Mason is crafty, he's been in the league a long time, but Ike's gotta get his game up. Opposing QB's are already looking to throw towards Gay first, but last night Ike didn't look any better, perhaps worse.

Jaquila
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I agree Ike looked lost or maybe even just plain BAD!

Still love that guy though and hope he steps it up for the Raiders game(and rest of the season) because we need him to if we wanna win, the Raiders shouldnt be a problem though=)

Merchant
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Our whole secondary looked lost. William Gay looked horrific. And Clark didn't have his best game. On that long toss to Mason it seemed if he woulda just looked up to see where the ball was he woulda had a shot at an interception.

We need Troy back.. badly

SteelStang
11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
While I would never pin a loss on just one guy, Ike was horrible last week against the Chiefs and was brutal last night. William Gay? I still don't see why we kept this guy.

SteeleReign
11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Our whole secondary looked lost. William Gay looked horrific. And Clark didn't have his best game. On that long toss to Mason it seemed if he woulda just looked up to see where the ball was he woulda had a shot at an interception.

I agree - it looks like we will need to address these secondary issues in the next draft. Our DB's are getting exposed almost on a weekly basis, and it's a shame because the rest of this team (except the Special Teams) is performing at a high level.

GeneralRobinson
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I agree - it looks like we will need to address these secondary issues in the next draft. Our DB's are getting exposed almost on a weekly basis, and it's a shame because the rest of this team (except the Special Teams) is performing at a high level.

It would be nice to know how Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett project before we go spending draft picks on CBs that could be better spent in other areas.

SteelerEmpire
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
The broadcast reminded us of an interesting stat last night.... Troy has 3 picks this season, the most on the team, and has missed 6 games. Now THAT"S unacceptable.
Ike usually holds his own.... I submit he just had a bad game....

SteeleReign
11-30-2009, 05:00 PM
It would be nice to know how Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett project before we go spending draft picks on CBs that could be better spent in other areas.

True.

solardave
11-30-2009, 05:05 PM

You might be right about a "shot" at an interception. We all know he wouldn't catch it.
Our entire secondary played a sloppy game. Poor coverage,poor tackling,just an all out poor performance.

Psyychoward86
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
not as lost as gay :noidea:

7/39/43
11-30-2009, 05:57 PM
I can not stand him. 9 times out of ten he gets burnt but some people see it different here. he didn't cost us the game but he sure the hell didn't help!

Northside Jonny
11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
I think the corners played soft because of lack in trusting their safeties. The Steelers Will Draft a safety with their first pick in the draft.

I must totally disagree with your thought about drafting a saftey , if you know anything about a 3-4 defense then you would know that u must have at least one lockdown corner and we just dont have one . I hope that Javier Arenas is a target for the first pick because he is not just going to be a lockdown corner in the nfl but he is also going to be a great return man as well . The steelers could kill two birds with one stone if they could get him . Go steelers I will always remember the last timewe were 7-5 (given we beat the sorry ass raiders) XL.

eafratitpm3
11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
As I've posted numerous times Ike Taylor is way overrated. I laugh at how many Steeler fans say he's a great shut down corner. He never get's his head around when running down the field with a receiver and most of the time when a ball is thrown to the receiver that he is covering it is either off the mark or the receiver drops it and Ike acts like he made the play. If he was a true shut down corner why does he play 10-12 yards off the receiver. Granted when Troy is out he is the best we have in the secondary and that's not saying much.

ricksteelers55
11-30-2009, 11:34 PM

True that,specially since Keenan hasnt played a lot this year because of injuries

Steeldude
12-01-2009, 03:33 AM
IMO, the whole defense looks lost this year. it does not look like a veteran, championship defense. they need to take a long look at themselves. stop the showboating and absurd celebrations. i never saw lambert running out into the middle of the field to celebrate a routine play. he got back in the huddle and focused on crushing the next play.

remember the fans trying to compare this defense to the 70's steel curtain...lol? the steel curtain crushed weak opponents. there was really never any doubt when the steel curtain faced a weak team like the chiefs etc...

this is not to say the steelers defense is weak or even average. they are the #1 defense, but i think that ranking is somewhat deceptive.

Steelers>NFL
12-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Ike needs Troy P. in the back field to be good or great.
Without Troy, he is just an average DB.

The_WARDen
12-01-2009, 02:44 PM
so, now Taylor sucks too.... it's amazing that this crappy team has won multiple super bowls.

Must be luck!
:noidea:

truesteelerfan
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
No, Ike doesn't suck. BUT he had a horrible game Sunday night. No excuse for our top CB to be beaten by someone who was once retired. I would say he's an average CB, better than Gay, but nothing special without the benefit of having BOTH Troy and Clark backing him up.

supa_fly_steeler
12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
ike played one of the worst corner games i think he has ever played, why hold the ****ing guy, especially 40 yards....

it's just one of those games/seasons where they are not performing well.

IMO Taylor doesn't suck but he is not good enough without Polamalu, fans forget how good Polamalu is in coverage, he is a beast, Ike is more relaxed when Polamalu is back there then Carter, and Clark never plays great when Polamalu isnt there, look at last year, all of our defensive backs had beastly years gay, ike, mcfadden... this year they have been lost because losing the best saftey in the game hurts on coverage.

I expect in the playoffs or next year, Gay, Taylor, Clark will have great years,

lambertlunaticfan
12-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Yeah,i hate to say it as i am a huge ike fan,but that could have been the worse i have seen ike play as a steeler.The thing is they all have thier bad games but when you're the leader of that position (as i think he is) it stands out more.And without troy there that defense is really struggling right now.And on a side note the fact that heath miller had only one catch i believe in the game also did not help the team.But with dixon we could not really run our regular offense scheme we usually do in a game.But we were maybe one interception from winning.But there is always the next game.:tt:

revefsreleets
12-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Why is it that every time a player has a bad game, or makes a couple mistakes, that he is viewed as sucking, washed up, and needs replaced?

Ike has made a TON of stellar plays this year, and has locked down some pretty good WR's. You guys need to back off the knee-jerk overreaction.

I mean, one person singled out Farrior as sucking because he fell down on that last pass play. The dude fell down. It happens. To say that he's washed up because he fell on one play is ludicrous. He also happens to be the teams leading tackler, and the de facto QB of the defense, especially with troy out.