PDA

View Full Version : 2005=2009?

SteelC7
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
In 2005, we lost 3 straight games including losses to the RAVENS and BUNGLES, then we won 4 straight to finish the season, then took the playoffs by storm. now im not saying that will happen this year, but we can always hope, the talent and resilience is there, lets just hope the desire is there as well, the rest of our schedule looks very good for us, IF ben and troy are back healthy.
GO STEELERS!!!!

stillers4me
11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
We should only be so lucky.

Anybody have Jerome's number?

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 04:17 PM

SteelGhost
11-30-2009, 04:20 PM
... and RusHard is 34.... :chuckle:

Go Steelers ! :tt03:

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 04:53 PM
If this happens, our leaders need to step up and unite the team.

Although I don't miss Peezy's play, this locker room does miss his leadership. That team had leaders in Peezy, Bettis, Randel El, and Kimo.

Who are the leaders on this team that will bring this team together? Who is going to step up and set the example? We have leaders that play well, but who is the one that can bring this team together?

Edman
11-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Who is this year's Jerome Bettis?

Who is this year's Joey Porter?

Who is the leader of this team? Who is going to will this team into desperation mode? Talk around teammates not respecting Ben (The only guy on the team who has shown any semblance of leadership this season) last night shows me that not only has this team lost focus and intensity, they lost their unity too. There is no leadership on this team.

The 2005 Steelers were on a mission not only to get Jerome his ring, but to step out of the shadow of the 70's Steelers. The 2009 Steelers have no such motivation to go on a 2005 run.

I'm not expecting #7 or even a deep playoff run from this team anymore. I'm just asking for a fun December right now. Get to the playoffs, and I'll probably talk about a 2005 run.

That said, the Steelers still aren't eliminated, so the season still isn't over.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Bussie wasn't starting anymore by that point, but he was the rallying point for the team that year. We could use a rallying point now.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Ben, time to grow a damn beard again.

Psyychoward86
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
i've been saying 2005=2009 for a longtime since after yesterday. I'm with you dude :tt04:

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 05:36 PM

:rofl:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-30-2009, 05:37 PM

:sofunny: It's the reason we won it all in 2005, don't ya know?

Mags87
11-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Who is this year's Jerome Bettis?

Who is this year's Joey Porter?

Who is the leader of this team? Who is going to will this team into desperation mode? Talk around teammates not respecting Ben (The only guy on the team who has shown any semblance of leadership this season) last night shows me that not only has this team lost focus and intensity, they lost their unity too. There is no leadership on this team.

The 2005 Steelers were on a mission not only to get Jerome his ring, but to step out of the shadow of the 70's Steelers. The 2009 Steelers have no such motivation to go on a 2005 run.

I'm not expecting #7 or even a deep playoff run from this team anymore. I'm just asking for a fun December right now. Get to the playoffs, and I'll probably talk about a 2005 run.

That said, the Steelers still aren't eliminated, so the season still isn't over.

good lord, that is the most half empty glass i have ever seen. get to the playoffs, everyone has a shot. look at the Cards last year! The Giants before that! even the Colts they're year, us before that! come on. Steelers arent eliminated, which means Steelers still have a great shot. we control our own destiny with a manageable schedule. like ive said before, dec/jan is the best time for things to start going right! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Dodt
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
any chance they could just glue some of troys main to ben's face and hope for the best.

BlastFurnace
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
good lord, that is the most half empty glass i have ever seen. get to the playoffs, everyone has a shot. look at the Cards last year! The Giants before that! even the Colts they're year, us before that! come on. Steelers arent eliminated, which means Steelers still have a great shot. we control our own destiny with a manageable schedule. like ive said before, dec/jan is the best time for things to start going right! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Edman's post wasn't empty glass at all. We want to know...who on the roster is going to step up like Peezy and Bettis and be leaders.

SMR
11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
any chance they could just glue some of troys main to ben's face and hope for the best.

ROFL!

Steel_Bus_24
11-30-2009, 07:00 PM

and bust out the "Bionic Glove" as well

:tt02:

devilsdancefloor
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
id hope it is someone from the front 7 of the defense or maybe the Oline, but i dont think we have anyone that will step up into that roll this year. it isnt a band of brothers this year i dont know what happened, but that went away rather fast

steelpride12
11-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Until we play 16 games and our record reads 8 and 8 and we miss the playoffs. No.

Angus Burgher
11-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah, not sure what's up with Ben's hair these days. He was on the cover of this magazine a few months back with Sidney Crosby because they named Pittsburgh the Best Sports City. It was funny because I looked at the two of them and thought, "Wow, here's something you don't say everyday. The hockey player has the better haircut." :chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
and bust out the "Bionic Glove" as well

:tt02:yep. im a firm believer in the bionic glove.

with that being said, this season could easilly shape up like 05, 06, or 07.

2006=2009. sb champs, ben concussion, miss playoffs thanks to a loss to the worst team in the league (raiders)

2007=2009 #1 defense, troy and smith out on defense, fizzle down the stretch to a 1st round heartbreaking playoff exit.

2005=2009 (what the OP said) as tomlin would say this years story is yet to be written.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 11:50 PM
2005=2009 (what the OP said) as tomlin would say this years story is yet to be written.

"they need to start wining some games and they can no lose any more games." :chuckle:

Shea
11-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Bussie wasn't starting anymore by that point, but he was the rallying point for the team that year. We could use a rallying point now.

Maybe it could be Aaron?

I know in the past he's been asked to address the team and while doing so became emotional and even teared up. Would probably be smart of Tomlin to ask the big guy to stand up and speak to his teammates again.

The team has frequently expressed how much they love him and what he's meant to them. And with him having to endure the nightmare of a very sick child, along with his injury, perhaps they can rally around this story and this gentle giant.

Wouldn't that be great to feed off what Aaron has meant to them all and get to not only the playoffs, but get yet another ring for his boy, Elijah.

tony hipchest
12-01-2009, 12:08 AM
"they need to start wining some games and they can no lose any more games." :chuckle:
:drink: thats my story and i am sticking to it...

the lore of pimply dan has lost legs this season with all the non believers, but NOW is when it matters most. (we broke the streak of 8 straight games which is a step in the right direction).

i still got the faith. :tt02:

The_WARDen
12-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I think this week's game will be a good barometer of what their mentality is going forward.

This is a team they should destroy and this is the time to show some mettle...so if they win by 14+ then I feel pretty good as that shows they're ready to take care of business.

If it's another one of these BS games that comes down to a FG at the end, then I don't feel so good for the rest of the season.