PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty in the Making?????

noto45
01-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Just was thinking after we win the Superbowl the age of our star players is young.

Ben, Troy, Antwan, Willie and the newcomers in the secondary are all young. If we fill the holes every year could this be a dynasty in the making??????

3 to be 4
01-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Brady-young OL -young DL- young Receivers -Young
best talent man: Piloi best coach: Belichick

extra draft picks this year

you're right, this could be quite a dynasty (wink!)

CantStop85
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Brady-young OL -young DL- young Receivers -Young
best talent man: Piloi best coach: Belichick

extra draft picks this year

you're right, this could be quite a dynasty (wink!)
Every team in the league is arguably young and talented in one respect or another...the biggest worries should be free agency and team continuity.

TasmanianTroy271
01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
I think it's gonna be pretty tough for us. I know we're not gonna have many losing seasons as long as Ben is our QB, but the AFC North is really coming around. I expect the Bengals will be really good in the coming years, and I'm sure Romeo Crennel will have the Browns doing well in just a few years. It'll be an uphill battle, that's for sure.

Pamela
01-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Dynasty in the making; YES! I have been a Steelers fan for over 30 years and this is our year! We are going to be Super Bowl champions, Don't doubt that. There will be Steelers Fan celebrating all over the nation and I will be right there with you. Thank God for Big Ben and a team with such dedication.

Sharkissle29
01-25-2006, 10:38 PM
i can see a dynasty here

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I think it's gonna be pretty tough for us. I know we're not gonna have many losing seasons as long as Ben is our QB, but the AFC North is really coming around. I expect the Bengals will be really good in the coming years, and I'm sure Romeo Crennel will have the Browns doing well in just a few years. It'll be an uphill battle, that's for sure.

We could always join the NFC WEST :rofl:

bozz723
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM
If we win this Superbowl, we definately have an opportunity to have a dynasty. But we have to take it one game at a time, lets focus on the seahawks.

atrus20
01-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Way too early to be thinking that at all. Lets just focus on this game and cheer the black and gold on!

Hammer67
01-25-2006, 11:55 PM
In the words of Chris Rock: "Slow down!!"

Brady12
01-26-2006, 01:13 AM
There is dynasty potential, but I'm not sure if I wanna believe it. We'll see... First they have to win this one, to have a shot.

seahawksfan
01-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Maybe next year. Big assumption that they'll win the SB. Of course I say the Seahawks win the SB.

Please keep thinking that the Steelers have it locked up, spread bad karma thinking ahead to dynasty.

bozz723
01-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Gues what seahawks fan, you think the seahawks will win the SB, we think the Steelers will.

We are even.

We do have a solid core of players to build some great teams around so if we win this year, we have at least a chance.

seahawksfan
01-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Gues what seahawks fan, you think the seahawks will win the SB, we think the Steelers will.

We are even.

We do have a solid core of players to build some great teams around so if we win this year, we have at least a chance.

I agree, equal chance...for now. Our team needs to take a hard look at resigning Alexander. His cntract is up this year and the club ppromised to not slap the franchise player tag on him. SA is looking at serious coin next season. :cheers:

SteelR1
01-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Lets wait till AFTER the game to talk about stuff like this!!!!

Livinginthe past
01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I really think that this team will be the greatest Dynasty of them all far surpassing the achievements of the 70's Steelers.

Who cares if they haven't actually won one title yet...its only a matter of time!

NM

augustashark
01-26-2006, 02:08 PM
I really think that this team will be the greatest Dynasty of them all far surpassing the achievements of the 70's Steelers.

Who cares if they haven't actually won one title yet...its only a matter of time!

NM

Always throwing out the red meat! We can always depend on LITP and his baiting.

The time has come, the one for the thumb!

tony hipchest
01-26-2006, 02:19 PM
i wish this thread could disappear and i hate even responding to it. this is the same type of talk that was going on about the rams in 2001 (after they actually WON a sb and made it to another, of course) and look how they turned out. the seahawks situation going into this sb reminds me an awful lot of the patriots going in care free against those rams.

plark
01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
I dont know about a dynasty but close playoffs runs to the super bowl def..

SteelerDan43
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Once again, Lets not put the cart before the horse here. While we have a great young nucleus of players it is way to early to be talking about this. We need to concentrate on winning this SB against a very capable Seahawks team. Then if we do pull it off this year (I for one think we will) then after we win another SB you could start talk of a possible dynasty. But for now its way to early. If Seattle finds a way to keep SA around (doubtful) they could say the same thing so lets just concentrate on the SB

bigbensgirl7
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Come on guys...I know we are all excited, as we should be...but we have accomplished nothing yet! Let's win this one...then concentrate on next year!!!
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

TexaSteeler
01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Way too early to be thinking that at all. Lets just focus on this game and cheer the black and gold on!

It's not too early and we don't have to focus, the team does. We could dance in a tutu every day until the Super Bowl and the Steelers could still win.

The Steelers have had many great teams under Cowher. The biggest glaring problem with every one of those teams was the lack of a great QB. With Ben at the wheel, those same great teams are going to come and go and this time we will win Super Bowls.

Every team in the league is arguably young and talented in one respect or another...the biggest worries should be free agency and team continuity.

I used to worry about free agency, but the Steelers have proven that it doesn't matter to them. Here's a list off the top of my head of great players we lost that I mistakenly mourned:

Eric Green
Yancy Thigpen
Barry Foster
Bam Morris
Neil O'Donnell
Rod Woodson
Greg Lloyd
Kevin Green
Earl Holmes
Charles Johnson
Ernie Mills
Chad Brown
Kendrell Bell
Plaxico Burress
Bubby Brister (just kiddding)

My point is the Steelers always recover and rarely even show a sign that they miss the player, and only one or two of these players when on to have any real impact any where else. The Steelers know what they're doing when it comes to FA, and I don't think twice about it any more.

lotas
01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
It's not too early and we don't have to focus, the team does. We could dance in a tutu every day until the Super Bowl and the Steelers could still win.

The Steelers have had many great teams under Cowher. The biggest glaring problem with every one of those teams was the lack of a great QB. With Ben at the wheel, those same great teams are going to come and go and this time we will win Super Bowls.

I used to worry about free agency, but the Steelers have proven that it doesn't matter to them. Here's a list off the top of my head of great players we lost that I mistakenly mourned:

Eric Green
Yancy Thigpen
Barry Foster
Bam Morris
Neil O'Donnell
Rod Woodson
Greg Lloyd
Kevin Green
Earl Holmes
Charles Johnson
Ernie Mills
Chad Brown
Kendrell Bell
Plaxico Burress
Bubby Brister (just kiddding)

My point is the Steelers always recover and rarely even show a sign that they miss the player, and only one or two of these players when on to have any real impact any where else. The Steelers know what they're doing when it comes to FA, and I don't think twice about it any more.
ah...Yancey Thigpen and Charles Johnson......good ole memories

Dook
01-26-2006, 02:53 PM
The core talent is there and it is young but the key is salary cap.

NFL players salaries are backloaded so they make less money in the first few years then more as they get deeper into their contracts. In 3-4 years a lot of core talent is going to come up for new contracts. The salary cap goes up each year but not near enough to cover big time players, it barely covers just signing the draft picks.

With pay going up it means we are going to have trouble paying everyone next year so some have to go. Bettis retires saves some ($1.5m I think), Hartings ($7m) will have to restructure or go, Porter ($5m) I would ask to restructure, Townsend and Randel El are likely gone which helps some.

We are already committed to paying Ward big time money, which he deserves, and Ben and Polo are going to want the same.

We need some very, very good drafts.

Hawkfan
01-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Just was thinking after we win the Superbowl the age of our star players is young.

Ben, Troy, Antwan, Willie and the newcomers in the secondary are all young. If we fill the holes every year could this be a dynasty in the making??????

While you have the makings of a great team dont get to far ahead of yourself.

Go Hawks!

seahawksfan
01-26-2006, 03:01 PM

Ah...I don't think so. The Steelers really do need you dancing in a tutu if they have any chance to win. LOL. Dynasty talk is way too early and seasoned fans know not to jinx their team. However, I'm convinced that if you were to wear that tutu they might...just might...

1NYSTEELER1
01-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I think Shaun Alexander would like MIGHTY fine in the Black & Gold...........just a dream I guess. Looking back at Super Bowl XXX, how did that STEELERS team do it? It goes to prove it is all in the coaching. I remember watching that team disappear within 2 years of the big game and other than Woodson - Who did anything?

ZornToLargent
01-26-2006, 03:44 PM

That's pretty funny because we are talking about the same exact thing here in the Pacific Northwest...

ZornToLargent
01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I think Shaun Alexander would like MIGHTY fine in the Black & Gold...........just a dream I guess. Looking back at Super Bowl XXX, how did that STEELERS team do it? It goes to prove it is all in the coaching. I remember watching that team disappear within 2 years of the big game and other than Woodson - Who did anything?
I think there is a better chance of seeing Microsoft and Apple/Mac computers merging together than seeing Alexander in a differnt colored jersey next year.

bmovierat
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I think there is a better chance of seeing Microsoft and Apple/Mac computers merging together than seeing Alexander in a differnt colored jersey next year.

Well, considering that Macs are now running Intel chips, that merger might not be as far fetched as you think.

Suitanim
01-26-2006, 05:15 PM
When I think "Dynasty", my first thought is Ptolemaic...as Steelers fans, we are way off base here. Let's win the game first, then we can while away the offseason debating these matters...

2900DegreeHawk
01-26-2006, 05:59 PM
I am Seahawk Fan but I think the Steelers are the best Superbowl Team of all time. Without a doubt the Steelers have an edge at every position, with the possible exceptions of HB and LT. If I were you guys, I wouldn't be worried at all. In Fact, I would be more focesed on the Draft and builing your Dynasty. The Seahawks are soft, its a miracle that they made it to this game.

clevestinks
01-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Lets just win one first! As far as young players go , we have plenty, as far as old players go , we have many.
Kimo, Bettis, Hartings, Townsend, all older. We are very thin a LB! And we have a ton of upcoming free agents. Lets win tis Super Bowl.

lotas
01-26-2006, 06:09 PM
i dont want to talk about dynasty either but as far as people leaving, I don't really see it, especially if we win the superbowl. I've read a couple Steelers' interviews and they keep mentioning how close the team is to each other this year. I believe Bettis said this is the closest he's ever been to a team. They just seem to be on the same page and loving each other, it just feels like the last thing they want to do is not be a steeler right now.

whatsyurprob
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I am Seahawk Fan but I think the Steelers are the best Superbowl Team of all time. Without a doubt the Steelers have an edge at every position, with the possible exceptions of HB and LT. If I were you guys, I wouldn't be worried at all. In Fact, I would be more focesed on the Draft and builing your Dynasty. The Seahawks are soft, its a miracle that they made it to this game.

An obvious 'SHMOO', who set the bar for a few begging votes of concern. No way in he!! would a SEAHAWK fan post some sh!t like this.

Come Super Sunday, , ya'll aint got a chance. The HAWKS, are going to 'SWOOP' once again. What's the excuse from the media going to be this time?

Line-Up!!! I'm kickin A$$ and taking names. Dem 'BIRDS' we call the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, will put a silence to your east-coast bias.

Have fun trying to contain the most intelligent player in the league, (Hass).

Shut-em-up, baby. Shut-em-up!!!

"In Matt , We Trust!"

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

Ambridge
01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
i wish this thread could disappear and i hate even responding to it.

I couldn't agree more and I'm going to pile on my sentiment that this topic shouldn't have even been brought up.

hardwork
01-26-2006, 06:23 PM
i can see a dynasty here

Wow. This Steeler team hasn't even won one SB yet and you're talking Dynasty?

seahawksfan
01-26-2006, 08:02 PM

What the F*ck is this post? A Steeler poser wrapped in a Seahawk avatar? Steelers were the best SB team back in the day. Your comment is ludicrous and shows how unknowledgeable you are about this year's teams. You should be ashamed of yourself.

:buttkick:

hardwork
01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
What the F*ck is this post? A Steeler poser wrapped in a Seahawk avatar? Steelers were the best SB team back in the day. Your comment is ludicrous and shows how unknowledgeable you are about this year's teams. You should be ashamed of yourself.

:buttkick:

Hawkfan, the guy is playing on the fact that the Dynasty theme is a joke. Get it? It's pure sarcasm.

TexaSteeler
01-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Ah...I don't think so. The Steelers really do need you dancing in a tutu if they have any chance to win. LOL. Dynasty talk is way too early and seasoned fans know not to jinx their team. However, I'm convinced that if you were to wear that tutu they might...just might...

Fans cannot jinx their team. They can only look stupid if they celebrate before the game is played.

I've got my Ace Ventura tutu on. "Put me in coach..."

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Hawkfan, the guy is playing on the fact that the Dynasty theme is a joke. Get it? It's pure sarcasm.

Ah ha...:joker:

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Fans cannot jinx their team. They can only look stupid if they celebrate before the game is played.

I've got my Ace Ventura tutu on. "Put me in coach..."

Wearing that you should be looking for dolphins! :semaphore

Rotorhead
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
If you think Hasselback, or whatever his name is, is the most intelligeng player in the league, or even this game you are a fool. Peyton (as much of a whiner he is) is probably the most intelligent QB in the game, and you saw what we did to him. Matt better take his OL out to about 50 steak dinners in the next week and hope they can at least get a look at our LB's flying past them on their way to crushing their QB. SA may have been the league MVP but he wont be the game MVP, and that is unfortunate cause the running game will be your only hope.

whatsyurprob
01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
If you think Hasselback, or whatever his name is, is the most intelligeng player in the league, or even this game you are a fool. Peyton (as much of a whiner he is) is probably the most intelligent QB in the game, and you saw what we did to him. Matt better take his OL out to about 50 steak dinners in the next week and hope they can at least get a look at our LB's flying past them on their way to crushing their QB. SA may have been the league MVP but he wont be the game MVP, and that is unfortunate cause the running game will be your only hope.

Excuse me, but could U please explain why U root for a team that U know nothing about? I mean look at your statement concerning the running game. That's the D of the Steelers strength. It's the pass where one finds the weakness when it comes to the Yellow & Black. Don't look now, :couch: , but that's where Hass, shines.

U made a comment about the SEAHAWKS, O-Line. .. LB's "flying by them"? Just how long have U been watching football, , , a few weeks? Any avid fan or so-called expert within the media knows that the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, have the best line in the business bar-none. Shut-up!!! It can't be argued with. .. ...

Never mind. Your lack of intelligence bores me.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

TexaSteeler
01-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Excuse me, but could U please explain why U root for a team that U know nothing about? I mean look at your statement concerning the running game. That's the D of the Steelers strength. It's the pass where one finds the weakness when it comes to the Yellow & Black. Don't look now, :couch: , but that's where Hass, shines.

U made a comment about the SEAHAWKS, O-Line. .. LB's "flying by them"? Just how long have U been watching football, , , a few weeks? Any avid fan or so-called expert within the media knows that the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, have the best line in the business bar-none. Shut-up!!! It can't be argued with. .. ...

Never mind. Your lack of intelligence bores me.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS
Hass can't shine if he doesn't have time. Don't look now, but he just got sacked again.

And wouldn't it take just as much effort to hit Shift+U as to just type "you"? It's annoying to read.

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 02:37 PM

First, learn to spell his name correctly. :dang: Every NFL QB is intelligent. From the past, examples abound. Heck, even some accused of being dumb (e.g. Bradshaw) did more good than bad. A QB's leadership skills are equally important as intelligence. Point being that no one would make the claim that Hasselbeck is the most intelligent player in the league. However, he is intelligent enough to play the entire Holmgren playbook; calling audibles in a west coast offense takes more brain power than you, me or most NFL QB's have. Same holds true for any current Steeler player. Frankly, I sometimes think the most intelligent players on a team are the centers. They have so much to do with calling schemes, shifts all while staying tuned to the counters on the d-line as well as his QB calls.

The intelligence of one player does not make a victory. The collective will, desire and talent of a team drives success. That expalins why both teams are in the SB.

I don't mind hyperbole when it stays close to the truth. You strayed into the outer limits. :poke:

Eztarget
01-27-2006, 03:22 PM
You need to WIN ONE Superbowl before you can talk dynasty. Remember how many more SB's Dan Marino went to after his first one?

noto45
01-29-2006, 10:38 AM
oh yeah I forgot about heath!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 10:43 AM
All I want is one for the thumb right now, we'll worry about dynasty talk after we win a few more with big ben :tt:

BlackNGold203
01-29-2006, 11:11 AM
All I want is one for the thumb right now, we'll worry about dynasty talk after we win a few more with big ben :tt:

AMEN BRC....

Dynasty?....man...thats premature...in the "new NFL"...thats a tough trick....which makes what the Pats have done (3 outs 4) so impressive...

Plus..theres a labor storm on the horizon for the NFL..so the landscape may change again...

Lets kick ass Sunday...thats ALL that matters right now

In my humble opinion....:)

3 to be 4
01-29-2006, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=BlackNGold203]AMEN BRC....

Dynasty?....man...thats premature...in the "new NFL"...thats a tough trick....which makes what the Pats have done (3 outs 4) so impressive...

QUOTE]

actually, according to Tony, it was all luck. And it doesnt mean they are tough or anything.:rolleyes:

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 04:22 PM

We Have A Dynasty Coming. Probably about 10-20 Years of titles.

Da'Burgh
01-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Steelers of the 70's were a dynasty. The best one EVER. I'm not thinking of a new one just yet.

BTW, I'm wondering why these Seahawks fans are in here so much... get on down the road pansies.

Livinginthe past
01-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Steelers of the 70's were a dynasty. The best one EVER. I'm not thinking of a new one just yet.

BTW, I'm wondering why these Seahawks fans are in here so much... get on down the road pansies.

I was wondering why the Seahawks fans are in here so much aswell.....

You sure guys haven't got a game against each other soon or something?

NM

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I was wondering why the Seahawks fans are in here so much aswell.....

You sure guys haven't got a game against each other soon or something?

NM
There just the next poultry dish on the menu! I`ll take mine Al carte!

It will taste better than bronco, colts, or bengals:sofunny:

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
There just the next poultry dish on the menu! I`ll take mine Al carte!

It will taste better than bronco, colts, or bengals:sofunny:Yeah my cholesterol
level was going through the roof with all that red meat.

atlsteelers
01-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I am tired of hearing about my pops steelers...
I am thirtyone years old and only remeber the seventy steelers from NFL films and my pops stories. Him and his buddies went to three of the four games and damn did they have some fun. I remeber the first time i realized how close some of the games were or more like my how my pops had me thinikng that they never lost. In their stories interweved with cases of beer and road trips i was raised on a diety greater than any could imagine, unless you were a steeler fan. Its great to have your favorite team to be one of the greatest franchises in the nfl.
But its time to start a new run of superbowls, overall our team is young with ben anchoring our franchise. i am getting excited, its time to start a new chapter in our storied history. This time we will not have to hear about larry brown or a suitcase of cash.

seahawksfan
01-29-2006, 11:34 PM

You must have just jumped on the bandwagon, bro. Fans visit opponent sites all the time.

I agree with you about the 70's Steelers. They set the bar for football dynasty's. With salary caps, free agency, etc, the game is different. I'd say the closest in the AFC has been the Patsie's but they don't have the horsepower that the 70 Steelers had. My God, they were something.

seahawksfan
01-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I am tired of hearing about my pops steelers...
I am thirtyone years old and only remeber the seventy steelers from NFL films and my pops stories. Him and his buddies went to three of the four games and damn did they have some fun. I remeber the first time i realized how close some of the games were or more like my how my pops had me thinikng that they never lost. In their stories interweved with cases of beer and road trips i was raised on a diety greater than any could imagine, unless you were a steeler fan. Its great to have your favorite team to be one of the greatest franchises in the nfl.
But its time to start a new run of superbowls, overall our team is young with ben anchoring our franchise. i am getting excited, its time to start a new chapter in our storied history. This time we will not have to hear about larry brown or a suitcase of cash.

Your avatar is awesome! Been on the bus since 1970...

noto45
03-21-2006, 09:48 PM
well reflecting back on this year makes me think with the best front office in the league this could be a dynasty. we have a huge core of young talented players that are only going to get better

GO STEELERS

clevestinks
03-23-2006, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=BlackNGold203]AMEN BRC....

QUOTE]

actually, according to Tony, it was all luck. And it doesnt mean they are tough or anything.:rolleyes:
I like our chances to repeat, but as 3 to 4 says in the new NFL it would be tough to start a Dynasty. But we are reigning champs , so who has a better chance than us to start one???

Suitanim
03-23-2006, 09:26 AM
A new dynasty in the "aught" years would be nice, but another Super Bowl win would be bigger than that...it would move the Steelers into the rarified air as one of the greatest sports (not just football) franchises of all times.

clevestinks
03-23-2006, 09:37 AM
I`ll second that, I would just love another ring this season, then we will maybe talk dynasty.
What is the definition of Dynasty in the NFL. 3 rings in 4 seasons? 4 in 6? What is it??