PDA

View Full Version : I dont get it...steeler fans..

T.Richardson
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
The defense lost this game, they couldnt hold a lead, and yet all the blame goes towards Arians and his playcalling. Arians playcalling got Pittsburgh a superbowl, his playcalling has given the Steelers the best offense they have had for years, Arians offense continually scores, but yet its arians fault when the steelers lose. The defense loses the game, but Arians playcalling is the problem? I did not know he was also the defensive coordinator...

And earlier, I saw a "Fire Bruce Arians" group on Facebook...seriously? :banging:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=209038623614#/group.php?gid=209038623614&ref=ts

And on ESPN, some Steeler fans blame Ben for the loss..he didnt even play!

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=pit&tid=5958299&lid=19

Steeler fans are the WORST fans I have seen...no wonder Bradshaw hates Pittsburgh.

steeltheone
11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Bradshaw does not hate Pittsburgh....Big Ben could make any OC a winner...

HometownGal
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
I agree with what you are saying here, TR, but you wasted your font unfortunately. If the Steelers O put 50 points on the board but the Steelers D gave up 51, these haters would still find a way to blame BA for the loss. I've been a diehard Steelers fanatic for a little over 4 decades and I have to sadly say that I never dreamed in a gazillion years that at least half of the Steelers fan base would become such a group of whiney, fingerpointing crybabies who feel they are somehow entitled to the team going to the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl every season. When I read some of the lunacy on this board after a loss (and even after a WIN :banging:), I check the poster's birthdate and 9 times out of 10, it is someone between the ages of 19-25 - "fans" who've never experienced the adversities that the team had in the 60's, 80's and early 90's. The FWF's and bandwagoners are slowly outing themselves and if, God forbid, the Steelers don't make the playoffs this season, you'll see a lot more of 'em around here.

SteelersMongol
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
V hate Arians because his name sounds racist. :chuckle: (joke joke joke) :wink02:

Personally I'm happy that V have him. I know there R some very good OC's, but it could've been worse 4 all I know. Besides when Ben calls many of the plays on his own, I just don't understand how come it's Arians fault when V lose & Ben gets all the praise when V win? :noidea:

HometownGal
11-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Bradshaw does not hate Pittsburgh....Big Ben could make any OC a winner...

LMAO!!!! :toofunny:

It was well documented that Brad took issue with some of the Steelers fans (for good reason, imo), and particularly Coach Noll, towards the end of his career with the Steelers. He has since moved past his dissention.

Nadroj 20
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I agree with what you are saying here, TR, but you wasted your font unfortunately. If the Steelers O put 50 points on the board but the Steelers D gave up 51, these haters would still find a way to blame BA for the loss. I've been a diehard Steelers fanatic for a little over 4 decades and I have to sadly say that I never dreamed in a gazillion years that at least half of the Steelers fan base would become such a group of whiney, fingerpointing crybabies who feel they are somehow entitled to the team going to the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl every season. When I read some of the lunacy on this board after a loss (and even after a WIN :banging:), I check the poster's birthdate and 9 times out of 10, it is someone between the ages of 19-25 - "fans" who've never experienced the adversities that the team had in the 60's, 80's and early 90's. The FWF's and bandwagoners are slowly outing themselves and if, God forbid, the Steelers don't make the playoffs this season, you'll see a lot more of 'em around here.

I am 18 and im a true fan...its not my fualt i wasnt born yet...:wink02: haha

But yea i agree with what your saying, im not going to say i dont make comments about something when things are going wrong but its usually only a comment or two i state my opinion and im done no sense dwelling on it and for the people who want arians to get fired!! PLEASE theyd rip whoever was the OC so i dont pay alot of attention to them :thumbsup:

xvdougl
11-30-2009, 08:46 PM
DO YOU KNOW HOW @#$%@ LUCKY WE ARE TO BE STEELERS FANS?? IF YOU TRULY ARE!!!!

I have no problem with BA or any other coach on this team. I know Coach T inherited a great team but it's hard to argue with the result.

We got into this mess with turnovers. Call it superbowl hangover or lack of concentration but I haven't seen Bruce Arians fumble a ball or Mike Tomlin throw a pick this year.

Nobody in the rest of the league is trying to cut us any slack especially when were wearing the WORLD CHAMPION bullseye!!!

I know were all frustrated but look how good we've got it.

The fact is we are the envy of the league. Do you think Mangini, Harbaugh, or Lewis would be where they are now if the Rooney's had tapped them on the shoulder?

We know it. They know it. and everybody else in the NFL knows it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first Superbowl I can remember as a kid was IX. I've been hooked ever since :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::t t04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

xvdougl
11-30-2009, 09:01 PM
UNLEASH HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelerfreak58
11-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Our defense has played sub par when the chips have been down and allowed teams to come back and take games.

LVSteelersfan
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey, I believe this is my 1000th post. Wow. Never thought I would ever make that many. I live and die with the Steelers but no longer let it raise my blood pressure when they lose. It is what it is. I don't like excuses but losing Troy and Ben, arguably our two best players, in a game against the Ravens was a recipe for disaster. I have been following the Steelers for 3 1/2 decades and this team is still better than any of those 1980s and 1990s teams. I just hate to say it but the defense is not the same without Troy out there. People say one player shouldn't make a difference, but Troy is no ordinary player. Couple that with losing Aaron Smith, who I consider one of our unsung heroes, and you just have problems. The corners are left out to dry because the front seven are not as strong without Aaron Smith who takes up two guys every play. I have no problem with the game Dixon played or the plays that were called for him. I just think he should have been moved around a little bit back there because he kept throwing the ball too predictably and it got knocked down what seemed like 50% of the time. Ike did not seem to have his head in the game at all.

Hey, at least the special teams held their own for the most part. No kickoffs run back. Amazing what happens when Harrison is out there again. And I have no complaints whatsoever about Jeff Reed this week. Wow, will wonders never cease.

Sorry so verbose, but a 1000th post needs to have some meat to it.

Shellshock
11-30-2009, 09:49 PM
People in Pitsburgh are sh^theads.

fansince'76
11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
People in Pitsburgh are sh^theads.

Might want to learn how to actually spell it, Einstein. :coffee:

tony hipchest
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Hey, I believe this is my 1000th post.

I just hate to say it but the defense is not the same without Troy out there. People say one player shouldn't make a difference, but Troy is no ordinary player. Couple that with losing Aaron Smith, who I consider one of our unsung heroes, and you just have problems. The corners are left out to dry because the front seven are not as strong without Aaron Smith who takes up two guys every play. I have no problem with the game Dixon played or the plays that were called for him. .excellent thousandth post and i couldnt agree more (with exception to the 3 draw plays that were dusted off).

aaron and troy were probably the 2 of the 3 defenders any die hard fans would say we could not lose, yet weve still hung tough in every game.

with everyone healthy were still the best.

varmintjcl
11-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I was very disappointed with this weeks loss, but I also think we did pretty good considering we were using our 2nd and 3rd string players.

And we still have 6 rings!!!

MaidenIndiana
11-30-2009, 11:09 PM
how long does "we won a superbowl with BA so therefore he doesnt suck" last? does he get a 2 year cushion? maybe 5? a decade?
He may not get a cushion but for using a third string quarterback making his first start, I didn't feel like the play calling was all that bad. The defense lost that game for us, NOT Arians playcalling

HometownGal
12-01-2009, 07:40 AM
how long does "we won a superbowl with BA so therefore he doesnt suck" last? does he get a 2 year cushion? maybe 5? a decade?

Personally, I hope he's our OC for at least another decade. :thumbsup:

Get that resume in son. You could be an OC in the making. :drink:

fansince'76
12-01-2009, 07:42 AM

How many SBs do we have to win before people stop constantly bitching about him?

Texasteel
12-01-2009, 07:46 AM

For some, 10 minutes.

steelerchad
12-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Personally, I hope he's our OC for at least another decade. :thumbsup:

Get that resume in son. You could be an OC in the making. :drink:

I agree, I think BA is doing fine and did a fine job Sunday night. Playcalling is the easiest thing for a basic fan to complain about. It's pretty easy after a play is run and doesn't work to find fault with the call. Could it be the execution on our end or the great execution by the other teams D. I find myself in front of the TV yelling at it when a play doesn't work also. Then I realize, although I've been a fan of the Steelers all my life and played a little in school. I don't know jack about football compared to the guys we've got on the sidelines. This is their job. A job they probably work at 70 hours or more a week. Studying film and tendencies. Knowing the personnel they've got and the opponents.

It's really pretty hilarious. Could I have called a better play than the 1 play Dixon threw his INT on. Sure a QB kneedown then a punt would have been a much better call in hindsight. But how many of us would have called the Dixon Bootleg where the call totally fooled the D and he walked in for a TD at that precise moment in the game.

BlastFurnace
12-01-2009, 09:31 AM

One Super Bowl win is going to make Bill Cowher between $9-12 Million dollars a year next year. Apparently, one SB win goes a very long way.

The_WARDen
12-01-2009, 09:33 AM
winning a SB also turned Tom Coughlin into a great coach somehow... he was on the chopping block and getting killed in the NY media earlier that same season.

SteelGhost
12-01-2009, 10:04 AM
I've always thought that players skills and execution make an OC/HC look good or bad, just look at the Saints and the Colts, it would be interesting seeing Bruce Arians coaching those teams, their fans would have him in a cradle in heaven :chuckle:

I'm Ok with Arians, I think he's a good OC. His playcalling intends to WIN games and sometimes players don't execute them properly. He makes mistakes sometimes, he's human after all :noidea:

BlastFurnace
12-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I've always thought that players skills and execution make an OC/HC look good or bad, just look at the Saints and the Colts, it would be interesting seeing Bruce Arians coaching those teams, their fans would have him in a cradle in heaven :chuckle:

I'm Ok with Arians, I think he's a good OC. His playcalling intends to WIN games and sometimes players don't execute them properly. He makes mistakes sometimes, he's human after all :noidea:

LOL...I think as long as Peyton Manning is the coach in Indianapolis, they could hire Rich Kotite and he even couldn't mess that up.

KeiselPower99
12-01-2009, 11:04 AM
The Arians bashing the last 2 plus years is getting old. The offense he is installing here is the same one Indy uses. And guess what??? It is actually working this year. Anyone that has ever played football will tell you that mistakes on the field happen and not every play is executed perfectly. Just because Madden is so in depth and people can win games on there 68-0 all the time dont mean its real life. Alot of Steeler "fans" think its our birth right to win every game and every Super Bowl. Guess what folks....it dont work that way. Alot of us are starting to act like Yankee or Patriot fans. I know the history of our beloved team and know how blessed we are to see a winning football team. Look at the last 17 years of Pirates baseball and if thats rough to deal with imagine the first 40 years of Steelers football being that horrible.

revefsreleets
12-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Blaming Arians is symptomatic of other things.

First, it's very easy to just pick one guy and dump all the blame on him. Since many offensive plays simply won't work (namely due to the defensive efforts of the opposing team who gameplan all week in order to STOP our offense from working), any fool can lazily just look back with 20/20 and say "we should have passed instead of run on that play" or whatever...

The second problem is even worse. The Steelers are winners. For some of us older fans, we had to suffer for awhile and we know what losing is like, but many of the younger, newer bandwagon type fans have never really experienced losing as a Steelers fan. They are spoiled and sore losers. They expect the Steelers to win every game, and since they are most likely frontrunners to begin with, it's very frustrating for them to see losses because they picked the Steelers BECAUSE they are winners.

So they stomp their feet and whine and moan about a bunch of negative stuff, oftentimes not even really knowing what they are even talking about.

SteelGhost
12-01-2009, 11:50 AM
LOL...I think as long as Peyton Manning is the coach in Indianapolis, they could hire Rich Kotite and he even couldn't mess that up.

:sofunny: :applaudit:

SteelGhost
12-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Blaming Arians is symptomatic of other things.

First, it's very easy to just pick one guy and dump all the blame on him. Since many offensive plays simply won't work (namely due to the defensive efforts of the opposing team who gameplan all week in order to STOP our offense from working), any fool can lazily just look back with 20/20 and say "we should have passed instead of run on that play" or whatever...

The second problem is even worse. The Steelers are winners. For some of us older fans, we had to suffer for awhile and we know what losing is like, but many of the younger, newer bandwagon type fans have never really experienced losing as a Steelers fan. They are spoiled and sore losers. They expect the Steelers to win every game, and since they are most likely frontrunners to begin with, it's very frustrating for them to see losses because they picked the Steelers BECAUSE they are winners.

So they stomp their feet and whine and moan about a bunch of negative stuff, oftentimes not even really knowing what they are even talking about.

Ohh the bad ole days we had to SUFFER with Cliff Stoudt, David Woodley, Mark Malone, Bubby Brister at QB :doh: More recently with Graham, Kordell and Maddox :doh:

But here we are, hardcore fans cheering for Black and Gold :thumbsup: :tt02:

revefsreleets
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Ohh the bad ole days we had to SUFFER with Cliff Stoudt, David Woodley, Mark Malone, Bubby Brister at QB :doh: More recently with Graham, Kordell and Maddox :doh:

But here we are, hardcore fans cheering for Black and Gold :thumbsup: :tt02:

Losing builds character. There are teams in the NFL, along with their fan bases who would literally KILL to be 6-5 with a couple very winnable games coming up. Teams that get smoked by 20 points every week.

We had some very lean years in the 80's, and it teaches you a little patience...I don't need my team to win the Super Bowl every year, and I'm capable of seeing incremental improvements from play-to-play or game-to-game.

This Hari Kari mass suicide after every loss is a joke...

The_WARDen
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey now! When I signed up to be a Steelers' fan, it clearly states in the fine print at the bottom of the contract:

Being a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers entitles you to a win every week.

SteelStang
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM

Well said!!! :thumbsup:

If you read most of the comments regarding BA, you'll notice they are not calling for his head. They (me included) want to him to simply acknowledge that you CAN win a game by running the ball. You don't have to throw for 300 yards every week.

Oh by the way, Ben called every play except the first one on the game-winning drive in SB XLIII.

SteelStang
12-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey now! When I signed up to be a Steelers' fan, it clearly states in the fine print at the bottom of the contract:

Being a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers entitles you to a win every week.

I missed that as well as the part where it says you can't be critical of anyone wearing the black n' gold.

SteelGhost
12-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Losing builds character. There are teams in the NFL, along with their fan bases who would literally KILL to be 6-5 with a couple very winnable games coming up. Teams that get smoked by 20 points every week.

We had some very lean years in the 80's, and it teaches you a little patience...I don't need my team to win the Super Bowl every year, and I'm capable of seeing incremental improvements from play-to-play or game-to-game.

This Hari Kari mass suicide after every loss is a joke...

Amen to that statement revs :applaudit: :hatsoff:

Thank God we had NOT internet boards back in the day ... only thinking about the whiners makes me shiver :chuckle:

Texasteel
12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Well said!!! :thumbsup:

If you read most of the comments regarding BA, you'll notice they are not calling for his head. They (me included) want to him to simply acknowledge that you CAN win a game by running the ball. You don't have to throw for 300 yards every week.

Oh by the way, Ben called every play except the first one on the game-winning drive in SB XLIII.

Apparently that is a false assumption. We ran the ball often on Sunday and BA is again being torched for it.

Good--- Ben's doing
Bad ----BA's fault
Same old BS

T.Richardson
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Well his offense was good enough to win a superbowl. I'll take that.

revefsreleets
12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I missed that as well as the part where it says you can't be critical of anyone wearing the black n' gold.

It doesn't.

But why pile on one guy? And why do nothing BUT pour derision all over the team after a loss? Why does this have to be so balck and white?

It's NOT like we are getting pumped every game by 30...or we don't have any mitigating circumstances working against us. Or we're 0-11.

This HYPER overreaction to every little thing after every loss is ridiculous. I'm just asking that people retain a little composure, keep their responses measured to the reality....