PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton (Ben needs to talk to team)

Carolina Steelers
12-01-2009, 08:26 AM
First time I heard this take, John said on Mike & Mike that he put his team in a disadvantage buy taking most of the reps all week in practice and didnt give Dixon a chance to get some work in. I dont understand this comment Ben felt fine earlier in the week like he was going to play till like Friday. And also I thought it was the Drs. choice to not let him play. I dont know what is Clayton talking about

lambertlunaticfan
12-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I also don't have a clue what he ment as i am not him.But all i can guess is that maybe the steelers should have just rested ben (as it was his 4th concussion) and that way dixon would have got more reps in practice.Take the pride out of ben's hands and tell him you are not playing.I think they should have done that right away at the start of the week of practice.And not have waited until the last days to decide not to play him.I mean his head is scambled at this point so rest would have done him some good.I am afraid that ben's career might goes as aikmans and youngs did.But lets cross our fingers that the rest did him some good and we can beat the raiders:tt:

The_WARDen
12-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I also don't have a clue what he ment as i am not him.But all i can guess is that maybe the steelers should have just rested ben (as it was his 4th concussion) and that way dixon would have got more reps in practice.Take the pride out of ben's hands and tell him you are not playing.I think they should have done that right away at the start of the week of practice.And not have waited until the last days to decide not to play him.I mean his head is scambled at this point so rest would have done him some good.I am afraid that ben's career might goes as aikmans and youngs did.But lets cross our fingers that the rest did him some good and we can beat the raiders:tt:

but again...Ben PASSED all the tests and felt fine until later in the week. So, up until like Friday, he was starting.

Angus Burgher
12-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Not to mention, it's not solely Ben's decision how much practice he gets. If he was feeling fine and Tomlin didn't see any reason to step up Dixon's practice, I don't know how Ben can be held accountable for that.

lambertlunaticfan
12-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I just think ben should not have played from the start.Even if he passed any of the test or as they say he passed all of them(as i knew he did).Why take the chance.Just give him a week to rest and then play him.And i did'nt want to say this as i don't want to start a war.But ben said he complained of headaches and thats what led to the team docter telling him he could'nt play.Well alot of people i know are questioning that if he did'nt say anything he could have played.And i say i think it's good he said something.I mean i know you are proberly going to hate this.But it's just a game and we are talking about his health to live long after the game is over for him.My hero mike webster comes to mind.The man left this world as noone should and it was because what the sport did to him.I just think the doctor saying that took the heat of ben as he didnt want to chance it and i have no problem if that was the case with it.but again...Ben PASSED all the tests and felt fine until later in the week. So, up until like Friday, he was starting.

lambertlunaticfan
12-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Well because the starter gets most of the reps in practice.So if ben went to the coaches on lets say monday and said my head hurts and i don't think i should play.Well then dixon would get more practice.He said he was getting headaches after practice.He should have told them right away about it and not waited until friday about it.He is accountable to do what's best for the team.But to me coach tomlin should have handled this better.Ben might have felt fine but coach tomlin and the doctors should have considered the fact that this is #4 for ben and another one could be the end of the big ben era.Especially with the nfl now cracking down on the treatment of it.I mean think of it as it could be possible.I could see the nfl putting a limit on how many concussions you can have before they say thats it for you.Not to mention, it's not solely Ben's decision how much practice he gets. If he was feeling fine and Tomlin didn't see any reason to step up Dixon's practice, I don't know how Ben can be held accountable for that.