PDA

View Full Version : What will Tomlin's unleashed hell look like?

Hayeksheroes
12-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I like Tomlin's bravdo. As Hamlet says, words, words, words. I mean, will Big Ben be throwing streaking bombs to Wallace and Holmes more than twice in the game? Will Sweed be brought in with a 10 gallons of stickum? Will we see some Whisenhunt trickery of ARE era? (Personally, I'd like Tomlin to unleash some hell in the redzone.)

On defense, will blitzburgh be on the rise? Perhaps you can rush Ryan Clark, who else do you have that hasn't been in on a blitz. I guess if you send 7 or 8 guys every play or every other play.

I guess we will find out Sunday.

Go Steelers. :tt:

Kvnfaber
12-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Hopefully it's almost as scary as this:

http://www.maniacworld.com/scary-face.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Without Troy, the defense will look the same and give up 3rd and long conversions.

The offense with Ben will look like Mendenhall running from single back set and passing will be 4 wide, spread formation and Moore in the backfield. Pretty much the same.

steeltheone
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
To say the D is bad because of Troy missing is nothing but a big excuse. We need to pick it up this week!

GeneralRobinson
12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
To say the D is bad because of Troy missing is nothing but a big excuse. We need to pick it up this week!

True...However, maybe Troy's injury has exposed our CBs weakness to defend the deep pass.

Crow-Magnon
12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
True...However, maybe Troy's injury has exposed our CBs weakness to defend the deep pass.

It's more than just that. He's also a huge presence on safety blitzes and on stuffing holes against the running game. I have to admit, Polomalu is one of those rare players whose one absence off the field makes a real difference in the rest of the team's play.

Plus, I think some of the Steelers other defensive players really feed off of his energy when he's on the field.

revefsreleets
12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Maybe he's going to steal the Raiders playbook? Their defensive signals? The radio frequencies to the QB's helmet?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2009, 02:26 PM

If you saw Rod Woodson on NFL network hilight the Steelers defensive numbers with Troy, vs. without Troy.....you would change your mind. Its staggering how much better the Steelers are with Polamalu in the lineup.

AllD
12-01-2009, 02:34 PM
It's more than just that. He's also a huge presence on safety blitzes and on stuffing holes against the running game. I have to admit, Polomalu is one of those rare players whose one absence off the field makes a real difference in the rest of the team's play.

Plus, I think some of the Steelers other defensive players really feed off of his energy when he's on the field.

Troy is the team's interceptions leader and he missed most of the season. He was good for an average of at least 3 points per game whether it be field position or turnovers. The only turnovers we get are slapped fumbles with the exception of the Vikings game. We aren't capitalizing on ST returns either.

No #43 = no meaningful presence in the post-season, if any.

How ironic our problems have gone from OL to secondary.

SteelStang
12-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Hopefully unleashing hell looks like this:

1. We protect a 4th quarter lead.
2. We can actually cover wideouts.
3. Ike ACTUALLY hangs onto a pick.
4. When Mendy is running well, they'll let him keep running it.
5. Ben will stay healthy.
6. Logan finally breaks one.
7. NO KICK RETURNS FOR TD'S

supa_fly_steeler
12-01-2009, 05:24 PM

that is not an excuse, can you name a better saftey to ever play in the game? i can't thats how lucky we have to get polamalu.

everyone was calling the patriots excuses when brady was injured,

each team has it's playmakers on offence and defence we have polamalu and roethlisberger as our playmakers, losing 1 or both would cripple moving or defending the chains.

whilst i do not support taylors and gay's recent performences, but with polamalu behind them they are a helluva lot more comfortable.

Psyychoward86
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Hopefully unleashing hell looks like this:

1. We protect a 4th quarter lead.
2. We can actually cover wideouts.
3. Ike ACTUALLY hangs onto a pick.
4. When Mendy is running well, they'll let him keep running it.
5. Ben will stay healthy.
6. Logan finally breaks one.
7. NO KICK RETURNS FOR TD'S

the golden points

solardave
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I like Tomlin's bravdo. As Hamlet says, words, words, words. I mean, will Big Ben be throwing streaking bombs to Wallace and Holmes more than twice in the game? Will Sweed be brought in with a 10 gallons of stickum? Will we see some Whisenhunt trickery of ARE era? (Personally, I'd like Tomlin to unleash some hell in the redzone.)

On defense, will blitzburgh be on the rise? Perhaps you can rush Ryan Clark, who else do you have that hasn't been in on a blitz. I guess if you send 7 or 8 guys every play or every other play.

I guess we will find out Sunday.

Go Steelers. :tt:

I like that idea about Sweed and the Stickum. He'd look like Lester Hayes.

MaidenIndiana
12-01-2009, 06:46 PM
As great a player that Troy is, his absence cannot be used as an excuse for the defense. Tomlin always says that injuries will not be used as an excuse and that the next man up will be expected to play at the required standard. So far this year this hasn't happened.It's time for every member of this team to look in the mirror and admit that they haven't been playing up to the required standard. Only then can this team really unleash hell like we all know that they can

tony hipchest
12-01-2009, 07:12 PM
its not an excuse but troy IS the difference. when are steelerfans gonna start recognizing his importance to the steelers defense's greatness. i guess everyone thinks it is just lebeau, but coach dad would be the first to tell you otherwise.

you do not take lawrence taylor off the giants and expect the same results. reggie white turned a good packers team into a dominant superbowl winner.

these players are gamechangers who offenses have to completely scheme around. troy falls into this category. i figured troy was gonna have 10-13 int's this year. the time he played he was picking off a pass every 6 quarters. and its not just the routine picks everyone else on our team drops, he makes the remarkable ones, showing hands better than most wr's.

troy matters.

as for what the hell that tomlin is gonna unleash looks like, i figure the 4th level/ring of hell right before the river of Styx (who does sing "renegade") as depicted in dantes inferno.

either that or like in "what dreams may come" where they are stomping on heads. :hunch:

fansince'76
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
its not an excuse but troy IS the difference. when are steelerfans gonna start recognizing his importance to the steelers defense's greatness. i guess everyone thinks it is just lebeau, but coach dad would be the first to tell you otherwise.

you do not take lawrence taylor off the giants and expect the same results. reggie white turned a good packers team into a dominant superbowl winner.

these players are gamechangers who offenses have to completely scheme around. troy falls into this category. i figured troy was gonna have 10-13 int's this year. the time he played he was picking off a pass every 6 quarters. and its not just the routine picks everyone else on our team drops, he makes the remarkable ones, showing hands better than most wr's.

troy matters.

as for what the hell that tomlin is gonna unleash looks like, i figure the 4th level/ring of hell right before the river of Styx (who does sing "renegade") as depicted in dantes inferno.

either that or like in "what dreams may come" where they are stomping on heads. :hunch:

I think folks are reluctant to admit it (I know I am) - it's scary to realize how much impact one guy has, but in this case, he does.

AllD
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
#43 is the best player in the NFL, even better than Manning or Favre. He doesn't get the gift calls as evidenced by a taken away interception last season nor is he a prima donna. We can't win without him period.

tony hipchest
12-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I think folks are reluctant to admit it (I know I am) - it's scary to realize how much impact one guy has, but in this case, he does.

i freely admit it. last year it took the previous 2 sb mvp winners (i.e. mannings) donnovan mcnabb and the eagles (nfc champ game participants) and the team with the leagues best record to beat us with troy in the line up. with exception of the titans all were extremely close games.

i would bet everything that with troy in the line up cutler throws some picks, palmer doesnt make any 4th quarter comebacks and cassell and flacco look just as shitty as when we kicked their ass last year.

while all games were still winable by the team, i'd almost be suprised to see 1 loss had troy been healthy.

so many of our losses hinged on just 1 of 4 or 5 plays beeing made. troy is good for 2 or 3 of those (see opener vs titans).

i dont think im stepping too far out on a limb when i say troy was primed to have the best season of his career.

NOBODY chops down the league leading rusher (chris johnson) like troy did, and nobody has a better, more skilled int than the one he had in the 1st 15 minutes of the season.

steel-tex
12-01-2009, 07:52 PM
TROY MAKES OUR D WHAT IT IS - HE IS LIKE AN EXTRA GUY -- HE IS OUR 12TH MAN !!!!!!!!

eafratitpm3
12-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Sorry to say but our CB's weakness is everything, they can't defend the deep pass and when they always play off they can't make tackles.

Hayeksheroes
12-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Sorry to say but our CB's weakness is everything, they can't defend the deep pass and when they always play off they can't make tackles.

I agree. The CB's have a combined 0 interceptions this year. 0 Fumble recoveries. Even that Raven scrub had more picks than Gay and Taylor. Townsend is looking like a three legged mule.

Taylor had a bad game. Gay may be out of his league. Townsend needs to retire.

Steeldude
12-02-2009, 03:42 AM
#43 is the best player in the NFL, even better than Manning

i wouldn't go that far. polamalu is a great safety, but in terms of MVP i would give it to manning.