PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought: Anthony Madison released by Colts

bradness113
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Anthony Madison was released by the Indianapolis Colts this morning...

Bring this guy back. Heart and soul of the special teams!!!

BEAST.

Thoughts?

:tt02::helmet::tt02::helmet::tt02:

BlastFurnace
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
BRING HIM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes....I am shouting!

Steelerfreak58
12-01-2009, 02:21 PM
No doubt we need all the help we can get on ST's and Madison was always there with tackles on ST.

steeltheone
12-01-2009, 02:28 PM
There is a reason a guy gets cut.

The_WARDen
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Yeah! What was the reason James Harrison got cut for again?

kmsteelerwr15
12-01-2009, 02:38 PM
like i told you brad we gotta bring him in i think he would help in a big way

bradness113
12-01-2009, 02:46 PM
he was the leading tackler on special teams last year...he was even up for the pro bowl because of it. Letting him go was a mistake. And I hope they correct it. Bring 37 BACK!!! He will definitely help our team.

Indo
Playing Devil's Advocate...

Who do you get rid of when you bring him in?

Just askin'

bradness113
ivy, boiman

even burnett. all he does is miss tackles...

Indo
12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
ivy, boiman

even burnett. all he does is miss tackles...

Not bad thoughts

I think Boiman, maybe. But, as somebody said---there's a reason he got cut. Maybe it wasn't a "valid" one. Maybe it was. I guess I, personally, just don't know enough about Boiman, and Madison appeared to be very solid last year...

I like Ivy. Even if he did wear the Colors of Evil recently

bradness113
12-01-2009, 02:54 PM
the reason he got cut...hmmm. they drafted 2 young corners. Lewis and Burnett. Madisons not old by any stretch of the imagination. But they cut him because of the 2 young CBs. Madisons got experience, and a ring to prove it. He made huge plays for us last year. from the pats game wen he was right there to mess up Slaters attempt to pick up the muffed punt, to driving weddle back into the ball against the chargers. he was all over every punt and kickoff. I truly believe if u asked tomlin and co today, that they would admitt they made a mistake on releasing him earlier. I hope they bring him back. hes solid. make the move now!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, they could cut Ivy and bring in Madison. Boiman is a decent ILB with NFL experience and could backup if needed.

The one thing I was blown away by was how badly Fox overran a PR that was eventually called back. He looked terrible in coverage and could have cost the Steelers big on a return.

Indo
12-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, they could cut Ivy and bring in Madison. Boiman is a decent ILB with NFL experience and could backup if needed.

The one thing I was blown away by was how badly Fox overran a PR that was eventually called back. He looked terrible in coverage and could have cost the Steelers big on a return.

Yep...I remember that, too. Made me REAL nervous. It's about Controlling the Violence on ST coverage. Guys seem to be flying past the runner, not "Breaking-down", taking poor pursuit angles, etc...

Remember the one Rocky movie where his trainer made Rocky run around and catch a crazed rooster? Maybe we need some of that !

bradness113
12-01-2009, 03:16 PM
they arent staying in their lanes or getting to the returner. MADISON did that. lol.

- tone chased rabbits. LOL

Indo
12-01-2009, 03:18 PM
they arent staying in their lanes or getting to the returner. MADISON did that. lol.

- tone chased rabbits. LOL

We could upgrade to wallabies (or something like that----I think going straight to kangaroos would be too much)

(OK. Sorry. Back to the topic--didn't mean to hijack the thread) :thumbsup:

SteelMember
12-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Before signing Boiman and Ivy I would have said absolutely, but I think we should give it at least another game. I don't want a roster full of special teams aces you don't want to see out there on regular downs. We may need to actually use these guys on defense at some point, and I don't recall Madison being that great as a CB. Ivy can't be that much worse anyway.

bradness113
12-01-2009, 03:22 PM
i feel u steelmember. but the problem is, madison hasnt stayed on the market that long. Hes filled in for injuries with the browns and colts. He was released both times because the guys who were injured came back. he has a purpose here. he loves pittsburgh and the steelers. bring him home.

rick723
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
like i told you brad we gotta bring him in i think he would help in a big way

We could bring him in for Gay. I always likes Madison. OR Bring back Chidi!

bradness113
12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
we will kno sumthin soon. he wont b on the market long. I PROMISE u that. make a move. help the team

MasterOfPuppets
12-01-2009, 04:47 PM

because he's not a good cornerback and they didn't need a ST player specifically ? :noidea:

bradness113
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
apparently they do need a ST player specifically...cuz the ones they have arent doin a good job....

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Yep...I remember that, too. Made me REAL nervous. It's about Controlling the Violence on ST coverage. Guys seem to be flying past the runner, not "Breaking-down", taking poor pursuit angles, etc...

Remember the one Rocky movie where his trainer made Rocky run around and catch a crazed rooster? Maybe we need some of that !

There are some simple breaking down drills they can do and if I was Ligashesky....I would point out those problems BIG TIME in the film room and tell Tomlin they need to treat these guys like college freshmen until they learn to break down and tackle better.

Indo
12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
There are some simple breaking down drills they can do and if I was Ligashesky....I would point out those problems BIG TIME in the film room and tell Tomlin they need to treat these guys like college freshmen until they learn to break down and tackle better.

College Freshman? Hell, I learned those things back in Midget (Pop-Warner) Football. I remember a drill we did where the coach tied a piece of yarn to the belt buckle of the runner. The tackler started out with his back to the runner. On the whistle he had to spin around, yell out the color of the yarn (which kept the eyes focused on the runner's belt---no getting juked by shoulder fakes, etc) and make the tackle.

It was simple (almost genius, in retrospect), and it worked.

BTW, I envy your "job" as a Coach---with the opportunity to mold young minds and all. I often wish I could be closer to the game...

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
College Freshman? Hell, I learned those things back in Midget (Pop-Warner) Football. I remember a drill we did where the coach tied a piece of yarn to the belt buckle of the runner. The tackler started out with his back to the runner. On the whistle he had to spin around, yell out the color of the yarn (which kept the eyes focused on the runner's belt---no getting juked by shoulder fakes, etc) and make the tackle.

It was simple (almost genius, in retrospect), and it worked.

BTW, I envy your "job" as a Coach---with the opportunity to mold young minds and all. I often wish I could be closer to the game...

Indo, its not a "job". I just volunteer my time because I love the game and watching the mental lightbulb come on for young kids is rewarding.

Drill I like is the tackler has to run straight at the coach from 10 yds away. Then the coach has tackling dummys to his right and left at 90 degree angle (kind of looks like a T) and when the tackler gets close to him, he must break down and tackle the dummy that is pointed to by the coach.. Its basically sprint, breakdown, find target and tackle.

I am all for dumping Ivy in favor of Madison.........but probably will not happen.

Indo
12-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Indo, its not a "job". I just volunteer my time because I love the game and watching the mental lightbulb come on for young kids is rewarding.

Drill I like is the tackler has to run straight at the coach from 10 yds away. Then the coach has tackling dummys to his right and left at 90 degree angle (kind of looks like a T) and when the tackler gets close to him, he must break down and tackle the dummy that is pointed to by the coach.. Its basically sprint, breakdown, find target and tackle.

I am all for dumping Ivy in favor of Madison.........but probably will not happen.

I figured that it wasn't really a job---that's why I put it in quotes! I'm still envious for the same reasons...(getting paid for it would be better, tho' !)

I like that drill, too...

Whatever the ST guys choose, they need to work on it 'til it makes them puke!

Christian Snyder
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
SIGN HIM!!!!! Get rid of Boiman and sign Anthony Madison!