PDA

View Full Version : Why all the panic?WTF???

SoCalFan
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Being steeler fans,everyone should be used to this?Its typical for us to go through seasons,and even games like this.It aint over til its over!When we make the playoffs and get healthy,look out!!!!!!!!!SETTLE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!:tt03:

Need4Sweed
12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Being steeler fans,everyone should be used to this?Its typical for us to go through seasons,and even games like this.It aint over til its over!When we make the playoffs and get healthy,look out!!!!!!!!!SETTLE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!:tt03:

Bro., that sounds good and all...but we about one maybe two losses from watching the playoff. And the reality of that is hitting some of us pretty hard. The thought of truly not being able to defend our Super Bowl championship sucks.

slippy
12-01-2009, 07:17 PM
4th quarter of the denver game i'm thinking second seed. today i'm thinking 7th seed. that's a major bummer.

this team is in a tailspin. i think they will make the playoffs, but it's now or never. no more time to f around.

Shellshock
12-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I think it is time to start thinking and planning for 2010 , and the uncapped year.

Steelerfreak58
12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
They have dug themselves a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE hole while its still possible to get into the playoffs its doubtful and a shame really this team has some serious talent.

Christian Snyder
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Bro., that sounds good and all...but we about one maybe two losses from watching the playoff. And the reality of that is hitting some of us pretty hard. The thought of truly not being able to defend our Super Bowl championship sucks.
I think 9-7 will grab a WC spot this year... 10-6 will definitely grab a WC spot.

SteelerEmpire
12-01-2009, 07:56 PM

Know what your saying man.... All "true" Steelers fans know that this is customary Steeler football... BUT... on the other hand... we all, as Steeler's fans.... would love it if the Steelers came out and made an attempt at a perfect season... If ANY TEAM was to make the next "undefeated" season...after the Dolphins in 72'.... it SHOULD be the Steelers... We as fans expect that... but its NEVER been the way the Steelers play... it can be aggravating to watch the Colts and Saints (and the Pats) make these grand attempts at perfection.... but the Steelers are the Steelers....

SoCalFan
12-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I agree,I am tired of playing from behind like we all are!But im not giving up.Come playoff time,its a new season,one game at a time.When healthy,we can beat anyone!

Shoes
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
........ let's fire someone :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
........ let's fire someone :chuckle:
let's bench someone also......

fansince'76
12-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I think it is time to start thinking and planning for 2010 , and the uncapped year.

Mmmm....how? There's still a month+ left in the season and the draft is over 4 months away.

MACH1
12-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Mmmm....how? There's still a month+ left in the season and the draft is over 4 months away.

Yep, we might as well play for the highest pick we can get. :doh:

SteelerEmpire
12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
If you look at the Bengals and Ravens schedules... the Steelers have an advantage to get the most wins in the remaining schedule.... lets keep it alive... it is our destiny... :helmet:

LVSteelersfan
12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I agree totally with the OP. No reason to give up already. Doesn't anyone remember the 2005 season when we were 7-5 and on the ropes. Can you tell me what happened that year? I honestly think this team is better than that team was. Chill out people unless we get to the point where we are completely out of it. If Troy gets healthy and we get Kemo back, this team is pretty tough.

JohnJohnson
12-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Maybe because you lost to the Chiefs....

fansince'76
12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Maybe because you lost to the Chiefs....

Nope, the loss to the Eagles early last season had a lot of people panicking too.

steel striker
12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
It seems that all fan bases panic when there is a three game losing streak. It can be bad around because, the media with no problem will always stir the pot.

SteelC7
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
ppl are panicking bcuz theres alot of reasons to panic and pack it up for the season and very few reasons to hope for a super bowl defense...uve been watching the steelers rite? i personally think theyll go 10-6 and take the 6th spot and unfortunately lose in the 1st or 2nd round, but if were not gonna win the SB, we should start losing the rest of the games so we get a great draft spot haha (not serious, calm down)

revefsreleets
12-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Even if we don't make the playoffs, it's NOT the end of the World.

I obviously don't prefer that, but it could happen...either way, people overreact too much on this board...

The_WARDen
12-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Bro...you'll live.

:coffee:

scsteeler
12-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I say lets reserve judgment on where this team will end up after the next 3 weeks.

If we don't get healthy soon even if we make the playoffs it may be an early exit.

X-Terminator
12-02-2009, 09:22 AM
http://www.drtedikoehn.com/images/panicButton.jpg

SteelerFanInCA
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Last I checked there were still 5 games left on the schedule.

Mordax
12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
plus there's always the Pens :chuckle:

7SteelGal43
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM

Throwing in the ol' Terrible Towel already ? *tsk tsk tsk*

KEEP IT WAVIN' PROUDLY :tt03::tt::tt02::tt04::tt:

7SteelGal43
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Last I checked there were still 5 games left on the schedule.

:applaudit:

The_WARDen
12-02-2009, 12:22 PM

you happen to have any tickets that you want to get rid of for this year?

solardave
12-02-2009, 04:19 PM
They have dug themselves a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE hole while its still possible to get into the playoffs its doubtful and a shame really this team has some serious talent.

I know this has been a pattern forever with the Steelers. Back to the days when Joe Greene told the rest of the defense "from this point on no one crosses the 50 yard line"
I think this is kind of what Tomlin is saying but can we back it up? this is a bigger hole this year and the confidence factor seems to be missing.Now we're behind the 8 ball and IMHO we have to run the table. I don't know if this team has the guts this year.I'm just being honest and realistic. Do I hope they can do it. Ubsolfriginlutely! :tt:

steel striker
12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Was it over when the germans bombed peril habor? Hell no! Now there is no wiggle room we need to win out just like in 2005 and, that turned out alright.

SteelCityMom
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Was it over when the germans bombed peril habor? Hell no! Now there is no wiggle room we need to win out just like in 2005 and, that turned out alright.

Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

:tt02::tt02::tt02: