PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Redman is Gone!!

KeiselPower99
12-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Steelers cut him from the PS today and Justin Vincent and Steve McLendon were brought back

Let the crying begin!

The_WARDen
12-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, Tomlin did say he was going to unleash hell in December. Maybe that was his nickname?

fansince'76
12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Our starting RB for 2010? Noooooo!!!! Biggest personnel gaffe since Kuhn! The "suddenness and glide" in our running attack is now gone! :chuckle:

SteelMember
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I could take, or leave Redmen at this point. There's not enough history for me to form an opinion.

Vincent, on the other hand, seems to be our franchise practice squad player. Why? I have no idea. So I may have kept Redmen for just that reason. :noidea:

Angus Burgher
12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, honestly... but I think we need a good closer on the team. Mendy has been good in this area at times but it seems like they're hesitant to use him in the red zone as of late, I guess because of those fumbles. Redman *might* have been the answer to out red zone runningback ineptitude, though I don't know. But we let him go again, for whatever reason.

GoSlash27
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
That is truly sad. Sorry, 'Redzone'! You will be missed. :drink:

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
The team does this all the time. If no one picks up Redman, he could be reactivated at almost anytime... happens all the time....

revefsreleets
12-02-2009, 02:51 PM
How could no other team pick him up? Didn't they see him in preseason? He's one of the greatest preseason players in the history of the NFL! He's in the preseason hall of fame! His bust sits right next to all the Bengals preseason championship trophies.

I believe that hall of fame is located inside the rest stop on the Jersey turnpike. Mile marker 134.

steeltheone
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
I could take, or leave Redmen at this point. There's not enough history for me to form an opinion.

Vincent, on the other hand, seems to be our franchise practice squad player. Why? I have no idea. So I may have kept Redmen for just that reason. :noidea:

Thats great...franchise ps player...lol..

BlastFurnace
12-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Well, Tomlin did say he was going to unleash hell in December. Maybe that was his nickname?

:rofl:

I hope Lakelander is ok

steelreserve
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
The thing that puzzles me most is why we keep bringing Vincent back. It doesn't seem like he's ever got much of a shot at the active roster. Ahh well.

solardave
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
:rofl:How could no other team pick him up? Didn't they see him in preseason? He's one of the greatest preseason players in the history of the NFL! He's in the preseason hall of fame! His bust sits right next to all the Bengals preseason championship trophies.

I believe that hall of fame is located inside the rest stop on the Jersey turnpike. Mile marker 134.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Good one!

spyboots
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Giants will probably sign him; they need RBs right now.

HometownGal
12-02-2009, 04:20 PM
The team does this all the time. If no one picks up Redman, he could be reactivated at almost anytime... happens all the time....

Exactly. Really, though - at this point, where does he really fit into the active roster? I think he'll be back on the PS eventually but if another team grabs him - more power to him and I'll wish him the best of luck. :drink:

NJarhead
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM

I hope Lakelander is ok

Are we the only ones who thought that was funny??

I actually broke out in laughter....I am at work. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 04:43 PM
but...but....i thought he'd be the starter by 2010... he has suddeness and glide...GLIIIIIDE .....:doh:

tony hipchest
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
has anyone yet to decipher what "suddenness and glide" is (other than something elle macphereson showed on the catwalk)? :hunch:

devilsdancefloor
12-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Am I the only one who has high hopes for Frank Summers to get some carries next season?

nope i'd like to see more out of frank besides missing blocks.

Psyychoward86
12-02-2009, 05:36 PM
oh nooooooes, now Lakerlander is gonna be maaad

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 05:43 PM
has anyone yet to decipher what "suddenness and glide" is (other than something elle macphereson showed on the catwalk)? :hunch:
can't honestly say i know my self, and apparently tomlin and co. don't know either...how can you cut a guy with gliiiiide ? :doh:

Psyychoward86
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
can't honestly say i know my self, and apparently tomlin and co. don't know either...how can you cut a guy with gliiiiide ? :doh:

well, while we all do make fun of lakelander's comparison to him as a bigger fred taylor, im not really mocking Redman. Remember what we did with Willie Parker. In a couple of years he might be a contributor. Just sayin'

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
well, while we all do make fun of lakelander's comparison to him as a bigger fred taylor, im not really mocking Redman. Remember what we did with Willie Parker. In a couple of years he might be a contributor. Just sayin'
lakelander ? what's a lakelander ? :hunch:

Dino 6 Rings
12-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Moore isn't quite having the impact this season he had last season, that he looks slower, and out of sync...and last week he got stuffed so bad on a play that they actually gave Carey Davis some carries against the Ravens...did no one else notice this or am I late to the party?

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Moore isn't quite having the impact this season he had last season, that he looks slower, and out of sync...and last week he got stuffed so bad on a play that they actually gave Carey Davis some carries against the Ravens...did no one else notice this or am I late to the party?
he's also been run over in pass protection and called for...2 ? holding penalties

Dino 6 Rings
12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
he's also been run over in pass protection and called for...2 ? holding penalties

Right and he never returns punts, he's just the fair catch guy isn't he?

Preacher
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Whew this thread is turning ugly

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-02-2009, 06:23 PM

hopefully we got a stick of deoderant to replace him.

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
hopefully we got a stick of deoderant to replace him.
yep...i think i heard the words "glide and smooth" in a deodorant commercial... but not suddeness, so i can't really determine if thats a fair trade..:noidea:
hey preacher ....any mention of "suddeness" and "glide" in the bible ?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-02-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm more inclined to say Marissa Miller has more glide. :drool: , but lacks the suddeness of Adriana Lima.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-02-2009, 06:43 PM

Sorry, but I wish Carey Davis would glide to the waiver wire.........with suddeness. :banging:

LVSteelersfan
12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Am I the only one who has high hopes for Frank Summers to get some carries next season?

Nope. Being a UNLV alumni, I have great hopes for Frank Summers. I was sad the day they put him on IR. I suspect they did it mostly because he wasn't ready and they didn't want to lose him. Redman I could care less about. But Justin Vincent. Come on coach, There has to be someone better than that out there on the trash heap.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
So do the Steelers have bigger plans for Vincent? Will he possibly take Willie Parker's spot next year? Just wondering, since he's always on the PS.

KeiselPower99
12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
So do the Steelers have bigger plans for Vincent? Will he possibly take Willie Parker's spot next year? Just wondering, since he's always on the PS.

Could happen. He has been with us 2 years now.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I liked what he brought to the team in the pre-season to bad he didn't pan out this time. Maybe he will get another go around

onefortheotherhand
12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
umm you guys are forgetting redzones wide base off impact

NEPAsteeler
12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Oh noes! Redman is gone! Whatever will we do?? :popcorn:

Sorry for the sarcasm :chuckle:

43Hitman
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM

I hope Lakelander is ok

I doubt he pays up on that bet also. I knew he was a welcher.

Galax Steeler
12-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Sorry, but I wish Carey Davis would glide to the waiver wire.........with suddeness. :banging:

Amen to that brother I have been waiting on that for a long time and hopefully sooner or later it will come true.:applaudit:

BlastFurnace
12-03-2009, 07:36 AM

Yes. I have been thinking the same thing. I don't know what it is this year, but he's not making as many yards after contact this year.

Also, that wrap-around-draw...that we like to give to Mewelde... is another play that needs to leave our playbook. It doesn't seem to fool anyone.

Texasteel
12-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes. I have been thinking the same thing. I don't know what it is this year, but he's not making as many yards after contact this year.

Also, that wrap-around-draw...that we like to give to Mewelde... is another play that needs to leave our playbook. It doesn't seem to fool anyone.

It could be that the league has found out that this guy can play and are paying a little more attention to him.

Psyychoward86
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
lakelander ? what's a lakelander ? :hunch:

This guy who used to post once in a while about his love for Redman

Psyychoward86
12-03-2009, 05:29 PM

He hasnt shown jacksquat in Preseason games against backup defenders. Id hope not

Dino 6 Rings
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM

Yeah but what does it say for Moore when Davis is getting his touches late in games?

ricksteelers55
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM

nope id like it too.Id like to see Summers as a RB next year

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2009, 06:50 PM
This guy who used to post once in a while about his love for Redman :huh: doesn't ring a bell...