PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY Unfortunate Thing About Sunday's Game Against the Raiders is...

Angus Burgher
12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
...the fact that we won't get to see our boys level JaMarcus Russell. :chuckle:

I've got to tell you, I was really looking forward to seeing that, all season long. I haven't watch any Oakland games this year, but I have seen plenty of JaMarcbust on the highlight reels, getting sacked, getting intercepted, throwing the ball at the ground... it really is too bad Tom Cable, in between punches coaches and girlfriends, finally came to his senses and benched Russell. Gradkowski is by no means a good quarterback either, but at least he's not making an ass out of himself every week.

Glace
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't know that I'd call any player that went to the Raiders a bust. They really don't have much to work with out there. Who knows what he'd do in a good, solid system, with good coaching.

Anybody in the draft class sees either Oakland, Detroit or Cleveland come up on the clock, and says "Oh god, please, PLEASE....Don't take me!!!"

Christian Snyder
12-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, I would've loved to see that. Oh well, we still get to beat up Gradkowski.:chuckle:

silver & black
12-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes, I would've loved to see that. Oh well, we still get to beat up Gradkowski.:chuckle:

To tell you the truth... I would love to have seen it too! :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
To tell you the truth... I would love to have seen it too! :chuckle:
You're slowly turning into a Steelers fan.:wink02::chuckle:

silver & black
12-02-2009, 07:07 PM
You're slowly turning into a Steelers fan.:wink02::chuckle:

Ha, ha... that will NEVER happen! :flap:

I'm just not a Russell fan at all... haven't been from day one. Didn't want him... still don't... can't wait untill he's no longer a Raider. If having the Steelers' D beat up on him would hasten that along... Im all for it! :wink02:

supa_fly_steeler
12-02-2009, 07:12 PM
how long does russell have left on his contract and how much money?

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 07:14 PM

I'm just not a Russell fan at all... haven't been from day one. Didn't want him... still don't... can't wait untill he's no longer a Raider. If having the Steelers' D beat up on him would hasten that along... Im all for it! :wink02:
but ultimately would it really make a difference ? al would just end up trading a 1st rd pick for someone like tavaris jackson...:noidea:

LVSteelersfan
12-02-2009, 07:45 PM
but ultimately would it really make a difference ? al would just end up trading a 1st rd pick for someone like tavaris jackson...:noidea:

Hey, Jackson is a quality backup QB. He does a heck of a job holding the clipboard while the old man runs the team on the field. I actually think Jackson is one of the better clipboard holders out there. Not as good as Batch of course. :rofl: :rofl: :flap: :flap: :rofl: :rofl:

Christian Snyder
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Russel might be the suckiest QB I've ever seen.

Steeldude
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
al davis is probably dumb enough to give the steelers a 1st round pick for dixon.

steeltheone
12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't care who takes snaps, runs or catches for the Raiders. We gotta worry about ourselves and play solid Steeler football.

silver & black
12-02-2009, 09:19 PM

You have a point, there :banging:..

Russell is the most unmotivated player I have ever seen. He looks disinterested on the sidelines, never talks to the coaches after a series, thinks he's "playing solid", is over weight and out of shape, can't hit the ground if he fell down, has had the play book dumbed down for him to the point of being just ridiculously simple, has no work ethic, has no touch on his passes, can't read a defense, has no pocket awareness, throws too many ints, fumbles.... HE SUCKS! I can't think of another QB that is, or has ever been, this bad. In my opinion, JaMarcus Russell is one of the all time biggest busts in the history of the NFL.

I'd litterally take ANYONE playing right now, over him!

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
You have a point, there :banging:..

Russell is the most unmotivated player I have ever seen. He looks disinterested on the sidelines, never talks to the coaches after a series, thinks he's "playing solid", is over weight and out of shape, can't hit the ground if he fell down, has had the play book dumbed down for him to the point of being just ridiculously simple, has no work ethic, has no touch on his passes, can't read a defense, has no pocket awareness, throws too many ints, fumbles.... HE SUCKS! I can't think of another QB that is, or has ever been, this bad. In my opinion, JaMarcus Russell is one of the all time biggest busts in the history of the NFL.

I'd litterally take ANYONE playing right now, over him!
yet another reason for a rookie salary cap....he's not a football player he's a thief.

NEPAsteeler
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing us beat up on Russell as well. Oh well. :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
yet another reason for a rookie salary cap....he's not a football player he's a thief.

Agreed!, I feel so strongly about having a rookie salary cap i wrote an essay on it last quater lol I should have sent it to Goodell :chuckle:

Steel-Bryan
12-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Agreed!, I feel so strongly about having a rookie salary cap i wrote an essay on it last quater lol I should have sent it to Goodell :chuckle:

I dont wanna seem dumb, but can you explain what the rookie salary cap is ? i dont get it

Nadroj 20
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I dont wanna seem dumb, but can you explain what the rookie salary cap is ? i dont get it

Basically it will just place a limit to what teams can pay drafted players. Too many players are being drafted and without being proven at all get huge paychecks and since alot of those player havent worked out very well (russell) they are thinking about placing a limt to a much reasonable paycheck so that team arent forced to pay a "clipboard holder" a huge amount of money.

There is a little more to it like what they might do and stuff but thats the basic of it.

tony hipchest
12-03-2009, 12:35 AM
truth being told, JaBust or Gradkowski are both equally likely to light the steelers ass up. it is an unfortunate trend we have carried for 3 years.

rookie qbs such as cutler, or no names such as clemens, and other suck asses such as cassell have all found their way because the steelers take them too lightly.

Angus Burgher
12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Very true... fortunately this time though, I think that the Steelers won't take the Raiders lightly since they absolutely HAVE to win this game. If the Steelers lose... I'm not watching another game this season. I know I said the same thing after the Chiefs game, but I mean it this time.

Anyway though, if they do institute a rookie salary cap, do you think it will become known as the "Russell Rule?" :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
12-03-2009, 04:51 AM
I don't care which quarterback it is as long as we can get pressure on him and get some sacks and hopefully some turnovers as well.

solardave
12-03-2009, 05:01 AM
how long does russell have left on his contract and how much money?

I don't know how long but I heard it's a Gazillion gauranteed.:chuckle:

silver & black
12-03-2009, 06:49 AM
I don't know how long but I heard it's a Gazillion gauranteed.:chuckle:

His contract was for 6 years... $32 million guaranteed. He gets the last $3 million of his guaranteed money next year, I think. If next year goes uncapped, he should be shown the door.

steeldawg
12-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I agree even Randy Moss vanished in Oakland for a few years

Angus Burgher
12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Something tells me that even if JaMarcus wasn't surrounded by idiots he'd still be a total bust.

silver & black
12-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Something tells me that even if JaMarcus wasn't surrounded by idiots he'd still be a total bust.

Yup. He just isn't cut out for the NFL.

tube517
12-03-2009, 06:29 PM
What? You don't like Ja Off The Marcus Rusell?

Does he even have a positive QB rating?

Angus Burgher
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Do you guys think Russell is a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf? I've heard some analyst say this.

Godfather
12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Do you guys think Russell is a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf? I've heard some analyst say this.

People forget how bad Leaf really was. He had 14 TDs and 36 INTs and a career QB rating of 50. if JaMarcus never plays another game he'll still be better than that. Plus I don't think Leaf had as many drops or penalties--his suckage had a lot less help.

steeltank
12-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Gradkowski better be on his ass, i'm gonna be there!

revefsreleets
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Gradkowski can actually throw the football.

W/O Troy, we haven't been exactly the stoutest against the pass.

Ole Crazy Al may think it's 1972 all over again and tell cable to throw the bomb 40 times.

Remember Kelly freaking Holcomb tearing up the Steelers secondary?

There are a lot of things to be worried about Sunday.

silver & black
12-04-2009, 08:18 PM

So far?:... YES! Leaf had talent, could understand the playbook, could read a defense, could actually play the game at this level... ok... that was stretching it a little...LOL ... he sucked too.

JaBustus just sucks. He is the most miserable QB I have ever seen on the field. He doesn't even give a damn that he sucks. TOTAL BUST! :bangin

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2009, 08:29 PM
all jamarcus needs is his skittle money...
]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9250/baraiders014c0500874235.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/i/baraiders014c0500874235.jpg/)

Angus Burgher
12-05-2009, 12:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/that-guy/jamarcbust.jpg?t=1259991727

sharkweek
12-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Basically it will just place a limit to what teams can pay drafted players. Too many players are being drafted and without being proven at all get huge paychecks and since alot of those player havent worked out very well (russell) they are thinking about placing a limt to a much reasonable paycheck so that team arent forced to pay a "clipboard holder" a huge amount of money.

There is a little more to it like what they might do and stuff but thats the basic of it.

Yeah, its completely ridiculous when an unproven first round pick can make more money than a proven pro-bowl vet still in the prime of their career.

Not only do you get a potential bust, unless the player becomes a superstar the money against the cap could still be a net loss for other talent that money could have been going to.

supa_fly_steeler
12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
they should do wha the NHL did. Made Crosby and Ovechkin earn there pay checks