PDA

View Full Version : Any Contractors in here?

NJarhead
12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm looking to price Marvin and EnviroView double hung replacement windows (installed or uninstalled). I have a contractor coming over on Saturday and I want to be ready.

Thanks.

MasterOfPuppets
12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
replacement windows are easy to install. its just a matter of getting the measurements right to order them. don't know about your area, but around here they charge around $ 150.00 per window..:yikes: ... i can install a window in 20 minutes or less...they justify it by saying if they break the window, they have to eat the cost...:jerkit:
you can find websites that tell you exactly how to do it yourself . like http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Improve/RepWindow.html.
or have them install 1 window and just watch them do it and do the rest yourself. :noidea:

just google the name of the manufacture to get an estimate on the window prices

NJarhead
12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
replacement windows are easy to install. its just a matter of getting the measurements right to order them. don't know about your area, but around here they charge around $ 150.00 per window..:yikes: ... i can install a window in 20 minutes or less...they justify it by saying if they break the window, they have to eat the cost...:jerkit:
you can find websites that tell you exactly how to do it yourself . like http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Improve/RepWindow.html.
or have them install 1 window and just watch them do it and do the rest yourself. :noidea:

just google the name of the manufacture to get an estimate on the window prices

I found what I believe to be the price (both installed and uninstalled), but I still wanted to throw out some feelers. I've built a few houses and I'm pretty sure I can do the job, but I have a coupon with these guys (buy one get one free). I'm only concerned about the unforseeable BS like the sash and the siding/trim, etc.

I figured they were cheap, although it looks like these are high quality and run about $400-$450 per window.