PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the negative thoughts?

SuzyPeppercorn
12-03-2009, 10:15 AM
As a die hard Steelers fan, I know how bad it sucks that the Steelers have lost 3 games in a row, two in overtime. But what is with all the negative thoughts? We've got Ben coming back against the Raiders, then the Browns on a Thursday night game a few days later.

The Steelers still have a realistic chance of making the playoffs even with a 6-5 record. And no team plays better with their back against the wall then our Pittsburgh Steelers :tt02:

Forget the past weeks, lets focus on killing the Raiders and getting back on track!! They said it couldn't be done in '05 and they proved everyone wrong. Go Steelers!!!

PS. I'll be at the game in Cleveland. I hope to see a lot of Black and Gold in the stands waving their towels!! :tt02:

Shoes
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
>snip<
But what is with all the negative thoughts?

...........because it's easy!

cocoqro
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Well sayd HERE WE GO STEELERS,HERE WE GO:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Christian Snyder
12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Agreed! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!:tt04::tt05:

HometownGal
12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
But what is with all the negative thoughts?

Very simple . . . .

http://forum.cheatengine.org/files/bandwagon_553.jpg

I'm with you here. The gloom and doom around here this past week has been beyond nauseating. Instead of finding fault with the team and nitpicking at every little crack and crevice - get behind the team you claim to love and send them some positive vibes! :tt03::tt02:

Preacher
12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Sadly, a lot can't distinguish between destructive and constructive criticism.

So they default to destructive criticism.

supa_fly_steeler
12-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Some fans just view it as a very dissapointing season, we had an easy schedule, a great team and we could of had the #1 seed with the talent on our squad...

not every team can get a superbowl x2 in a row unless u use spygate *see wikipedia*

UltimateBengal
12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
You guys should easily finish 10-6 and land one of the wildcard spots. It's not like you're playing for the 1st overall pick in the draft. Take it from a long time Bengal fan, you don't have it bad at all!:drink:

AllD
12-03-2009, 03:52 PM
You guys should easily finish 10-6 and land one of the wildcard spots. It's not like you're playing for the 1st overall pick in the draft. Take it from a long time Bengal fan, you don't have it bad at all!:drink:

It's all about expectations. The Steelers are reigning champions and perinnial winners, but I can understand where a bengal fan has his perspective.

Pictures of hot young naked women would improve the morale on this board IMO.:tt04:

fansince'76
12-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Very simple . . . .

http://forum.cheatengine.org/files/bandwagon_553.jpg

Beat me to it, and I'll add that there is a widespread and highly annoying sense of "entitlement" within our fanbase, particularly among the younger set, who seem to think anything less than a 13-3 season and a SB win every year is an unmitigated failure and grounds for firing at least half the coaching staff and cutting/trading half the team.

AllD
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Tomlin should read a few passages from the Bible.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

welder4pit
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I among others of us need to have a cooling off period before i allow my fingers do my talking. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!

LVSteelersfan
12-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I have been trying very hard to be positive the past few weeks. It is against my nature since I tend to be a pessimistic person. I am working on it. I don't sulk for a week when the Steelers lose a game any more. I am calm enough 15 minutes after the game that I can actually talk to my wife. Part of the reason she is my third wife because that was not the case with the first two. ; ) I just look forward to the next game on the schedule. I used to have temper tantrums when they lost but now in my older age I realize it is just a game and the world does not come to an end when they lose. It is not worth raising my blood pressure over. It makes me sad for a few minutes. Then I am off to the next thing.

SuzyPeppercorn
12-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I have been trying very hard to be positive the past few weeks. It is against my nature since I tend to be a pessimistic person. I am working on it. I don't sulk for a week when the Steelers lose a game any more. I am calm enough 15 minutes after the game that I can actually talk to my wife. Part of the reason she is my third wife because that was not the case with the first two. ; ) I just look forward to the next game on the schedule. I used to have temper tantrums when they lost but now in my older age I realize it is just a game and the world does not come to an end when they lose. It is not worth raising my blood pressure over. It makes me sad for a few minutes. Then I am off to the next thing.

Exactly! These games are not worth getting into a bad mood over. At the very least, almost all of the Steelers games this year have been exciting in some way. Come on Steelers!! Lets kill those Raiders :tt: :tt:

stillers4me
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Tell me something......has there been alot of road rage in and around the the 'Burgh the last month or so? :hunch:

HometownGal
12-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Tell me something......has there been alot of road rage in and around the the 'Burgh the last month or so? :hunch:

No more than usual in the "Road Rage Capital of the World". :horror:

What I have noticed over the last few weeks or so, which is disturbing to me, is that I'm not seeing just about everyone and their mothers sporting Steelers gear which is usually the norm this time of the year. :shake02: I wear Steelers gear at least 3-4 times a week and always on game days/nights. The other days, I usually wear Pens gear.

Texasteel
12-04-2009, 07:06 AM

You want to see road rage, you should visit Dallas. Some of us still carry guns you know.

Steelboy84
12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
As a die hard Steelers fan, I know how bad it sucks that the Steelers have lost 3 games in a row, two in overtime. But what is with all the negative thoughts? We've got Ben coming back against the Raiders, then the Browns on a Thursday night game a few days later.

The Steelers still have a realistic chance of making the playoffs even with a 6-5 record. And no team plays better with their back against the wall then our Pittsburgh Steelers :tt02:

Forget the past weeks, lets focus on killing the Raiders and getting back on track!! They said it couldn't be done in '05 and they proved everyone wrong. Go Steelers!!!

PS. I'll be at the game in Cleveland. I hope to see a lot of Black and Gold in the stands waving their towels!! :tt02:

Its more than realistic. Our only "tough" game that is left is against Baltimore. 11-5 is within our reach.

stb_steeler
12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
It's all about expectations. The Steelers are reigning champions and perinnial winners, but I can understand where a bengal fan has his perspective.

Pictures of hot young naked women would improve the morale on this board IMO.:tt04: If that were to happen our wifes wont let us on the board anymore. :rofl:

steelballs
12-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Beat me to it, and I'll add that there is a widespread and highly annoying sense of "entitlement" within our fanbase, particularly among the younger set, who seem to think anything less than a 13-3 season and a SB win every year is an unmitigated failure and grounds for firing at least half the coaching staff and cutting/trading half the team.

Well said...the younger crowd has been wonderfully spoiled over the last several years and I for one would love for it to continue, but realistically this isn't the norm.

The older crowd (me included) have been to the top of the mountain and the depths of the valleys with the Steelers over the years and understand how difficult it can be to be maintain an elite level of performance.
The Steelers have captured the NFL's top prize a total of 6 times over the last 39 years and no other team can make that claim to fame. Let's be honest, there have also been quite a few lean years in between that certainly weren't worth writing home about and that's something that the younger Nation couldn't understand as they've never had to experience the lows and hopefully never will.

HometownGal
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Well said...the younger crowd has been wonderfully spoiled over the last several years and I for one would love for it to continue, but realistically this isn't the norm.

The older crowd (me included) have been to the top of the mountain and the depths of the valleys with the Steelers over the years and understand how difficult it can be to be maintain an elite level of performance.
The Steelers have captured the NFL's top prize a total of 6 times over the last 39 years and no other team can make that claim to fame. Let's be honest, there have also been quite a few lean years in between that certainly weren't worth writing home about and that's something that the younger Nation couldn't understand as they've never had to experience the lows and hopefully never will.

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

I've been saying the same things for years on this board. :drink: The "new-agers" (as I so fondly call them) are SPOILED and their sense of entitlement is not only sad because it is so unrealistic, but infuriating to me because their attitudes and self-entitlement put a "bandwagon" label on Steelers fans in general, which simply isn't fair or true.

markymarc
12-05-2009, 10:54 AM
It's time to get the Steeler Nation off suicide watch and we get on a late season roll beginning tomorrow. Hell will be unleashed and the Steelers fans will be able to smile again :tt02: