PDA

View Full Version : The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Pages : 1 [2]

UltimateBengal
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I just got doen watching this weeks tna show.And yet another dissapointment to me.I think i am just expecting too much from them.I just would olike to see a differant kid of wrestling show.And it really isnt.Its just the same show i have seen before being redone now.I guess i would love to see and expecting to see freah ideas and new storylines that have not been done before.And get beyond the obvious storylines and more important the silly storylines like the one with mick right now.I get it eric is playiing with him.And its not bad enough you are doing one storyline like that but two of them as its the same with jarrett,is just wayyyyy to much for me.And is it "abyess" or "the abyess",as i always thought it was just "abyess".Anyway you say that charector is just annoying to me.But then like i have said i have never liked him.And for all the people that hogan could have personal put over why the heck would you choose him.And i can not say how upset i am that its the 2nd week in the show without "the beautiful people".They have way too many people on the roster and not enough show for them.I mean daffeny gets on but not velvet-come on.And again mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr anderson.........wait for it.........saves the show for me,even though of course did not like the outcome.............anderson.

I have to agree that the show was somewhat of a disappointment. Here's the problem in a nutshell....As you said, too many people to work into one two-hour program. And the creative situation is going to have to get mainstreamed very soon or this is going to continue. As I've stated before, you have Hogan and Bischoff overseeing creative and wanting certain storylines, Russo, Morgan and Ferrara doing the writing and wanting to use their ideas, then guys like Angle, Abyss, Flair and Nash all throwing their ideas into the hat! Way too many chefs in the kitchen!!! In my opinion, Bischoff and Russo should be the only guys developing storylines. Everyone else can just assist them in making it work!!! They also need a second show. With Impact moving to Mondays, they could keep the Thursday time slot for a second show. I think IMPACT should be for the main event talent such as Anderson, Angle, Joe, Beer Money, Etc. Then the second show could be for the X division and developing talent. That way you can focus on ratings with IMPACT and still maintain a following with the Thursday show. Just an idea!!:noidea:And about the mic skills, they need to have Anderson, Flair and Hogan work overtime with alot of these guys! I don't care if you love or hate Flair, the guys been a master of the mic for over 30 years! And Anderson is without a doubt the best there is right now, IMO.

lambertlunaticfan
02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
ultimate-I know this is getting old but i have to agree with all that you said.You have said almost the same things i have said and have thought about this.As i also think that russo should be the main (and to me the only) writer.As the guy is a genius.Hate him all you want haters but the guy has written some of the classics when it comes to storylines.And has come up with some of the classic ideas in wrestling.And as far as that goes so has eric bischoff.To all of those fans of that other wrestling,eric was the one that created the concept of thier last ppv-the elmination chamber.Yeah that was his idea.And as flair goes, sometimes i just get tired of the same old (and i mean old) antics of flair.Yes the guy is one of the best and proberly the best on the mic.But ultimate-is it "abyss" or "the abyss".And flair's segmant was a little over the top but than all of his has been on tna.So yes leave russo and bischoff to do all the major storylines and all the rest can have there say and do the minor storylines.The problem with letting nasg,angle and jarrett and foley get thier says is thier egos get in the way of the potential storylines as they want them in it.As much as i love hogan and as much as you love flair,do you really need to see them wrestle.I have to agree that the show was somewhat of a disappointment. Here's the problem in a nutshell....As you said, too many people to work into one two-hour program. And the creative situation is going to have to get mainstreamed very soon or this is going to continue. As I've stated before, you have Hogan and Bischoff overseeing creative and wanting certain storylines, Russo, Morgan and Ferrara doing the writing and wanting to use their ideas, then guys like Angle, Abyss, Flair and Nash all throwing their ideas into the hat! Way too many chefs in the kitchen!!! In my opinion, Bischoff and Russo should be the only guys developing storylines. Everyone else can just assist them in making it work!!! They also need a second show. With Impact moving to Mondays, they could keep the Thursday time slot for a second show. I think IMPACT should be for the main event talent such as Anderson, Angle, Joe, Beer Money, Etc. Then the second show could be for the X division and developing talent. That way you can focus on ratings with IMPACT and still maintain a following with the Thursday show. Just an idea!!:noidea:And about the mic skills, they need to have Anderson, Flair and Hogan work overtime with alot of these guys! I don't care if you love or hate Flair, the guys been a master of the mic for over 30 years! And Anderson is without a doubt the best there is right now, IMO.

lambertlunaticfan
03-05-2010, 01:13 AM
I just have to say after watching tonights tna show.That i am really hating "abyss".Now i should say i have never been a nig fans of his.But have not really had to deal with him that much.As he has never been in a real major storyline as he is now.And man that backstage segment with hogan that seemed to drag on for a hour was just f-n BRUTAL!!!!.That guys voice is just a whinning little babys voice and i just can not stand it.I actually had to turn the channel until it was over.If it was the survivor i would have voted off the island.Now i know all wrestlers talk in a "charectors" voice i realize that but that voice is just too stubid for me.I am not that smart but sometimes wreslting really insults some of the smarts i do have.And thats one of the times with this whole storyline.And with abyss saying hogans catch phrases and all that silliness makes me embaressed to be a wreslting fan.And that whole mr anderson mocking up as angle.Proberly would have played better if they would not have shown him coing out before he did.See the whole thing about getting over when mocking in that way is that the crowd doesnt know it until they see it.Its the elimate of that surprised reaction that gives you the biggest pop when doing that sort of thing.Just another terrible show.And please hogan vs flair-who honestly wants to see that.Yeah back in 1998 that would be great but come on.And the pope,you really are hanging onto that missnaming someone.I guess as dumb as i am am sometimes i am too smart for this sport.

WH
03-05-2010, 04:08 AM
You might be happy to hear that RVD has officially signed with Total Nonstop Arthritis.

stlrtruck
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Both TNA and WWE have gone down the same path. How many times can they screw over one wrestler? In TNA it's both Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. In the WWE in John Cena and Bret Hart. While I know the Hart thing will eventually end, it's another month before Wrestlemania, it's getting old. So I'm only thinking that Vince is going to let this one go over, and go over well that Bret will get his revenge and that will be the end of it. If Vince was smart with his money he'd keep Breat around to manage the new Hart Foundation.

As for TNA, stop all the drama BS. That stint with Flair and Hogan at the beginning and all the back stage antics. End it. Start wrestling or you'll never get off the ground against the WWE. And you think Vince can't prepare some high class matches to counter TNA on Monday night? Hogan better get his head out of his arse, same with Bischoff and the other writers.

As for Anderson mocking Angle, I thought it was great. But they've got to get away from the old DX style gimmicks. The problem being, there's not many story lines left out there that haven't been played out by the old WWF and WCW. The difference has to be the action in the ring and TNA just isn't utilizing their talent against each other. They've got enough wrestlers to steal the show. I can only hope that they are saving everything for their run against Monday Night Raw.

UltimateBengal
03-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I just have to say after watching tonights tna show.That i am really hating "abyss".Now i should say i have never been a nig fans of his.But have not really had to deal with him that much.As he has never been in a real major storyline as he is now.And man that backstage segment with hogan that seemed to drag on for a hour was just f-n BRUTAL!!!!.That guys voice is just a whinning little babys voice and i just can not stand it.I actually had to turn the channel until it was over.If it was the survivor i would have voted off the island.Now i know all wrestlers talk in a "charectors" voice i realize that but that voice is just too stubid for me.I am not that smart but sometimes wreslting really insults some of the smarts i do have.And thats one of the times with this whole storyline.And with abyss saying hogans catch phrases and all that silliness makes me embaressed to be a wreslting fan.And that whole mr anderson mocking up as angle.Proberly would have played better if they would not have shown him coing out before he did.See the whole thing about getting over when mocking in that way is that the crowd doesnt know it until they see it.Its the elimate of that surprised reaction that gives you the biggest pop when doing that sort of thing.Just another terrible show.And please hogan vs flair-who honestly wants to see that.Yeah back in 1998 that would be great but come on.And the pope,you really are hanging onto that missnaming someone.I guess as dumb as i am am sometimes i am too smart for this sport.

I thought last nights show was a little better, but still a long way to go. The things I liked.....1-Anderson's imitation of Angle. I got to disagree with ya on this one Lambert, I loved it. Even though I knew it was gonna happen, I still laughed my ass off. He was dead on!!! 2-Foley's etiquette training. The look on the snooty ladies face, while trying to turn Mick into a "gentlemen", was priceless!! Again, LMAO!!!:sofunny: 3-Angelina and the Beautiful Peolple. Seeing Agelina get whipped with a belt made me a happy man!:chuckle: The Beautiful People are some hot, badass chicks. And Ms Love ain't too bad either! The things I didn't like.....1-Abyss!!! Agree with ya on this one Lambert! Get him off TV now!!!! Abyss is actually a good writer with a creative mind, but the guy can't wrestle, can't speak, and is annoying as hell!!! 2-The "Don't do it Hulk" line. Hulk, just stay out the ring period!!! You were brought to TNA to help with tv production and ticket sales!!! Not to embarrass yourself and the company in the ring!!! 3-The lack of airtime and storyline for Brutus Magnus. For those who aren't familiar with him, he is a great wrestler, has a terrific heel personality, and does a good job on the mic! These are the kinda guys that need to get pushed! Having him do run ins on Rob Terry matches is a huge waste of his talents!

UltimateBengal
03-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Both TNA and WWE have gone down the same path. How many times can they screw over one wrestler? In TNA it's both Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. In the WWE in John Cena and Bret Hart. While I know the Hart thing will eventually end, it's another month before Wrestlemania, it's getting old. So I'm only thinking that Vince is going to let this one go over, and go over well that Bret will get his revenge and that will be the end of it. If Vince was smart with his money he'd keep Breat around to manage the new Hart Foundation.

As for TNA, stop all the drama BS. That stint with Flair and Hogan at the beginning and all the back stage antics. End it. Start wrestling or you'll never get off the ground against the WWE. And you think Vince can't prepare some high class matches to counter TNA on Monday night? Hogan better get his head out of his arse, same with Bischoff and the other writers.

As for Anderson mocking Angle, I thought it was great. But they've got to get away from the old DX style gimmicks. The problem being, there's not many story lines left out there that haven't been played out by the old WWF and WCW. The difference has to be the action in the ring and TNA just isn't utilizing their talent against each other. They've got enough wrestlers to steal the show. I can only hope that they are saving everything for their run against Monday Night Raw.

I couldn't agree more about the screwovers Truck! Move on to something new already!! Keep Hogan and Flair out of the ring, and let the young guys do their thing!!! I also agree about Anderson. The guy is funny as hell and is the best heel in the business today, IMO. He was totally misused by McMahon. Hopefully Bischoff won't do the same.

lambertlunaticfan
03-06-2010, 03:08 AM
And i just have to say as i forget to mention in my post after the tna show.That ric flair is the best by far "bleeder" in the buisness.I know its nothing that he does as it does not take talent to do it.But that show was great with it ending like that.And proberly the only great thing about it.He has always been able to bleed great.He was just caked in it.Some wrestlers are good at it and some are not in the art of bleeding.Hogan has always been terrible at it.I remeber when he doing his fued with kidman in the wcw and you could see him cut himself(oh no,did i ruin it for some people) before kidman hit him.He is terrible at selling it and more times than not he doesnt do it deep enough to where he hardly bleeds and you cant see it.Hvae you ever seen a wreslter go too far with doing it and you can tell they messed up.Vince mcmahon did it once and they were quick to get him out of the ring.It was a ppv where he wrestled-help me out "ultimate"again-the kid only had one leg and was used for just a couple of matched as he never went over.But anyway,mcmahon goes to hit him with a chair and has he by his head when he is on the mat and the kid jump kicks him and it just starts flowing and i think the kid kicked him too soon and di it when he was cutting himself.Anyway,the art of bleeding is done perfect but the nature boy for sure.

lambertlunaticfan
03-06-2010, 03:19 AM
ultimate-I guess we are just different type of people.As i just do not think any of those things you found to be funny were.I mean i have a sense of humor but its not at that level i guess.I am not insulting you believe me as thats the last thing i would want to do my friend.I just dont find school yard humor to be funny by adults.But i am older than you i am sure and thier target audience would find that type of thing funny.Like the people that found what that snowboarder logo did with the medal from the olympics would think its alright and funny to do that.Where i have a way differant thought about it.And i really did not find that foley segmant funny at all,just non sense to me.But we all find differant things funny.I just thought those segmants like the mr andersen thing (even though dead on and funny) has just been done before.And i really hate the storyline of that.But to his talent mr andersen sure is playing it well and its working for him.I just think some storylines are taboo and should not be done in fears that someone might mistake it for reality.But the beautiful people finally on the show saved that show for me.As i just LOVE VELVET SKY-DAMN!!!.But i want the orginal beautiful people back as i hate seeing angelina and velvet fighting like that.And i hate von eric as she can not wrestle at all.And i am surprised you said that about abyss as i thought you really liked him.I thought last nights show was a little better, but still a long way to go. The things I liked.....1-Anderson's imitation of Angle. I got to disagree with ya on this one Lambert, I loved it. Even though I knew it was gonna happen, I still laughed my ass off. He was dead on!!! 2-Foley's etiquette training. The look on the snooty ladies face, while trying to turn Mick into a "gentlemen", was priceless!! Again, LMAO!!!:sofunny: 3-Angelina and the Beautiful Peolple. Seeing Agelina get whipped with a belt made me a happy man!:chuckle: The Beautiful People are some hot, badass chicks. And Ms Love ain't too bad either! The things I didn't like.....1-Abyss!!! Agree with ya on this one Lambert! Get him off TV now!!!! Abyss is actually a good writer with a creative mind, but the guy can't wrestle, can't speak, and is annoying as hell!!! 2-The "Don't do it Hulk" line. Hulk, just stay out the ring period!!! You were brought to TNA to help with tv production and ticket sales!!! Not to embarrass yourself and the company in the ring!!! 3-The lack of airtime and storyline for Brutus Magnus. For those who aren't familiar with him, he is a great wrestler, has a terrific heel personality, and does a good job on the mic! These are the kinda guys that need to get pushed! Having him do run ins on Rob Terry matches is a huge waste of his talents!

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:32 AM
I love how no one gives a shit about Michelle McCool no matter how much heat she tries to get.

i liked her intro when she wiggled her booty

http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/MichelleMcCoolPicture.jpg

WH
03-06-2010, 10:11 AM
She can't draw heat though. If you watched the Elimination Chamber ppv, when she came out, the arena was silent besides her enterance music.

I don't know why you guys think that Bischoff, Hogan, Ferrara, and Russo can take the same product they failed with at WCW and somehow compete against the WWE. They either need to live in the now, or walk away.

UltimateBengal
03-06-2010, 01:37 PM
ultimate-I guess we are just different type of people.As i just do not think any of those things you found to be funny were.I mean i have a sense of humor but its not at that level i guess.I am not insulting you believe me as thats the last thing i would want to do my friend.I just dont find school yard humor to be funny by adults.But i am older than you i am sure and thier target audience would find that type of thing funny.Like the people that found what that snowboarder logo did with the medal from the olympics would think its alright and funny to do that.Where i have a way differant thought about it.And i really did not find that foley segmant funny at all,just non sense to me.But we all find differant things funny.I just thought those segmants like the mr andersen thing (even though dead on and funny) has just been done before.And i really hate the storyline of that.But to his talent mr andersen sure is playing it well and its working for him.I just think some storylines are taboo and should not be done in fears that someone might mistake it for reality.But the beautiful people finally on the show saved that show for me.As i just LOVE VELVET SKY-DAMN!!!.But i want the orginal beautiful people back as i hate seeing angelina and velvet fighting like that.And i hate von eric as she can not wrestle at all.And i am surprised you said that about abyss as i thought you really liked him.

Lambert-I'm not exactly a young pup my friend, as I'll turn 40 in a couple months!:doh: But as far as the humor, I tend to enjoy anything that can bring a smile to my face, whether it be of a juvenile nature or of the grown up cerebral variety. For me, just the idea of Mick becoming sophisticated makes me laugh! As far as the Angle-Anderson storyline, it is Angle who's actions aren't funny at all!!! He is trying to do the Cena thing by invoking the troops. Give Anderson credit, as he has flipped it brilliantly, IMO. As far as Abyss, I do like him as a creative consultant, because he's very good at it. As stupid he acts on screen, he is really very intelligent off screen. But as an on air personality, he's like nails on a chalkboard!!!

On a different topic, I saw a great piece on ESPN Classics the other night about the origins of "hardcore" wrestling. It showcased the real innovators of hardcore like Abdullah the Butcher, Maddog Buzz Sawyer, Roddy Piper, Bruiser Brody, Ray Stevens, and Stan Hansen. These guys were doing hardcore matches, shedding blood and breaking bones long before Foley, Dreamer, Sabu, and the rest of the so-called hardcore legends. I wish the old school guys would start getting more credit for paving the way!!!:drink:

lambertlunaticfan
03-06-2010, 08:11 PM
ultimate-Assumming you were younger than me was in no way ment as a insult to you so i hope you did not take as that.I was just trying to explain that we all have different kinds of humor and not too many things done in wreslting have made me laugh.I guess i am different as i dont watch wrestling for my humor and i don't watch it for my fix on woman as its obviously some on here do.I watch if for the wrestling.But dont get me wrong as i do find some antics in storylines funny.As mr anderson always brings a smile to my face thats for sure.And i have said it before on here and me and you have discussed this storyline and what angle is doing.And you know i feel the same way as you do as i have expressed that to you.And you know how i feel about the phony cena doing that.And as i have said on here also i think mr anderson gets all the credit for even making that storyline work.As he is really great at flipping it and making it go over.So i already give mr andersen credit,i give him all the credit.And as i have already expressed on here about abyss is the same thing you just said about that whinny voice of his and that whole charector of his is just annoying to me.Lambert-I'm not exactly a young pup my friend, as I'll turn 40 in a couple months!:doh: But as far as the humor, I tend to enjoy anything that can bring a smile to my face, whether it be of a juvenile nature or of the grown up cerebral variety. For me, just the idea of Mick becoming sophisticated makes me laugh! As far as the Angle-Anderson storyline, it is Angle who's actions aren't funny at all!!! He is trying to do the Cena thing by invoking the troops. Give Anderson credit, as he has flipped it brilliantly, IMO. As far as Abyss, I do like him as a creative consultant, because he's very good at it. As stupid he acts on screen, he is really very intelligent off screen. But as an on air personality, he's like nails on a chalkboard!!!

On a different topic, I saw a great piece on ESPN Classics the other night about the origins of "hardcore" wrestling. It showcased the real innovators of hardcore like Abdullah the Butcher, Maddog Buzz Sawyer, Roddy Piper, Bruiser Brody, Ray Stevens, and Stan Hansen. These guys were doing hardcore matches, shedding blood and breaking bones long before Foley, Dreamer, Sabu, and the rest of the so-called hardcore legends. I wish the old school guys would start getting more credit for paving the way!!!:drink:

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 09:23 PM
She can't draw heat though. If you watched the Elimination Chamber ppv, when she came out, the arena was silent besides her enterance music.

if that was michelle that was because too many people are fixed at staring at her

:chuckle:

wrestlemania is near!!!!!!

will undertaker finally lose? I heard he was suppose to quit last year after 25 but the script was leaked online and they had to change it.

I see theres the hitman vs mcmahon... is this a rematch of how mcmahon screwed him out that past decade ago? hmmmm is this gonna be a good wrestlemania tempted to buy it and watch. The last Wrestlemania i watched was Wrestlemania 20 (One of the Best IMO)

lambertlunaticfan
03-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Michelle is not very liked backstage as she got alot of heat when she was dating the undertaker (and think she still is dating him) but she thought cause he was a big name that she deserved the same respect as him.And i don;t think undertaker will lose yet as i know hbk is looking to leave to retire or maybe tna.So i think that is his way out.I actually heard they changed the outcome of that match last wrestlemania during the match when they heard how much undertaker was going over.Which is not uncommon to flip the script during the match as that also happen during that rock vs hogan match at wrestlemania.I can not believe people are not tired of that same old gimmick of the undertaker.I mean how gross is grandpa sticking his tongue out like that..But alot of people like that other brand,and i am trying to respect that and won't rip on it as we all have our favorites.And i think the best wrestlemania that i was most entertained by was wrestlemania 22,that edge/foley match was great.And as i know you are all about the women,how about lita.I miss her, she was at her hottest with edge.if that was michelle that was because too many people are fixed at staring at her

:chuckle:

wrestlemania is near!!!!!!

will undertaker finally lose? I heard he was suppose to quit last year after 25 but the script was leaked online and they had to change it.

I see theres the hitman vs mcmahon... is this a rematch of how mcmahon screwed him out that past decade ago? hmmmm is this gonna be a good wrestlemania tempted to buy it and watch. The last Wrestlemania i watched was Wrestlemania 20 (One of the Best IMO)

lambertlunaticfan
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Hey ultimate-LOVE that new picture thing of yours!!!!!Lambert-I'm not exactly a young pup my friend, as I'll turn 40 in a couple months!:doh: But as far as the humor, I tend to enjoy anything that can bring a smile to my face, whether it be of a juvenile nature or of the grown up cerebral variety. For me, just the idea of Mick becoming sophisticated makes me laugh! As far as the Angle-Anderson storyline, it is Angle who's actions aren't funny at all!!! He is trying to do the Cena thing by invoking the troops. Give Anderson credit, as he has flipped it brilliantly, IMO. As far as Abyss, I do like him as a creative consultant, because he's very good at it. As stupid he acts on screen, he is really very intelligent off screen. But as an on air personality, he's like nails on a chalkboard!!!

stlrtruck
03-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Well tonight starts the head to head and right now I don't think TNA will take enough ratings away from WWE to have a huge impact. They're going to have to change on the fly, and change quickly.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Michelle is not very liked backstage as she got alot of heat when she was dating the undertaker (and think she still is dating him) but she thought cause he was a big name that she deserved the same respect as him.And i don;t think undertaker will lose yet as i know hbk is looking to leave to retire or maybe tna.So i think that is his way out.I actually heard they changed the outcome of that match last wrestlemania during the match when they heard how much undertaker was going over.Which is not uncommon to flip the script during the match as that also happen during that rock vs hogan match at wrestlemania.I can not believe people are not tired of that same old gimmick of the undertaker.I mean how gross is grandpa sticking his tongue out like that..But alot of people like that other brand,and i am trying to respect that and won't rip on it as we all have our favorites.And i think the best wrestlemania that i was most entertained by was wrestlemania 22,that edge/foley match was great.And as i know you are all about the women,how about lita.I miss her, she was at her hottest with edge.

Lita was hot and had nice aboves but Ashley Massaro was money

cXxSywDcSsA

Why can't those WWE stars just do porn lol joke

WH
03-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I think you're all forgetting about Christy Hemme.

supa_fly_steeler
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Lol naw this is where the awesomeness is at

http://blog.picturerating.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ashley-massaro-2.jpg

Dam she looks like a **** but i dont care

ps. did anyone ever win the gm of the year award on smackdown vs raw 2009 or 2008 or 2006 it was so impossible.

WH
03-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Vince McMahon has been trying to win that achievment for nearlt 30 years now.

WH
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I think you're all forgetting about Christy Hemme.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6qgshajzltM/SV0OIMOX-_I/AAAAAAAAEZA/33WJUjo9cMU/s1600/Christy_Hemme_04.jpg

UltimateBengal
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Just a quick review and my opinion about the Monday night IMPACT. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the show was crisper and had a better flow. There wasn't a ton of backstage nonsense. The fans at the IMPACT Zone were jacked, and it really came over on TV. I'll start with a match that I was dreading, which was Hogan and Abyss vs. Hogan and Flair. I found myself enjoying the match, especially the second. Flair and Hogan may be in their 50's, crippled up and very slow, but those guys can still put on a show. Love them or hate them, the young dudes can learn a lot from them! Another thing I really liked was Sting turning heel. I've been a Sting fan for 20 years, and while he's played the loner and the disgruntled wrestler, he's never been a true heel. Watching him wield the bat, that arrogant strut, and the pissed off attitude make me a fan of this move. Also, while some will disagree, I was happy to see RVD and Jeff Hardy in the house. Both can be huge assets to TNA if they stay out of trouble. The only negative on the night was Kurt Angle. This storyline and Angle's deliverance of it is making me sick!!! OK Angle, you're a tough guy, you only need 20 guys at your side to beat Mr. Anderson. By the way, those weren't real soldiers. How do I know? Well, as an ex-Marine, I noticed right away that a couple of the black had trousers hanging down their ass, and a couple of the white had untucked shirts. Real shoulders would never dress like that, especially in public!!! But overall, good job TNA. If they keep improving and building on this Monday, their may be a real Monday night war again!:drink:

KeiselPower99
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Id still watch Flair wrestle but Hogan is too beat up. Overall TNA was a better show and with the Sting turn and RVD signing Tna is trying to put up a damn good fight.

UltimateBengal
03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Id still watch Flair wrestle but Hogan is too beat up. Overall TNA was a better show and with the Sting turn and RVD signing Tna is trying to put up a damn good fight.

Yeah, it's kinda sad to see how bad Hogan is hurting. The dude has two bad knees, two artificial hips and a bad back. Wrestling takes it's toll for sure. Roddy Piper used to say "wrestling might be scripted, but it sure the hell ain't fake!"

stlrtruck
03-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Just a quick review and my opinion about the Monday night IMPACT. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the show was crisper and had a better flow. There wasn't a ton of backstage nonsense. The fans at the IMPACT Zone were jacked, and it really came over on TV. I'll start with a match that I was dreading, which was Hogan and Abyss vs. Hogan and Flair. I found myself enjoying the match, especially the second. Flair and Hogan may be in their 50's, crippled up and very slow, but those guys can still put on a show. Love them or hate them, the young dudes can learn a lot from them! Another thing I really liked was Sting turning heel. I've been a Sting fan for 20 years, and while he's played the loner and the disgruntled wrestler, he's never been a true heel. Watching him wield the bat, that arrogant strut, and the pissed off attitude make me a fan of this move. Also, while some will disagree, I was happy to see RVD and Jeff Hardy in the house. Both can be huge assets to TNA if they stay out of trouble. The only negative on the night was Kurt Angle. This storyline and Angle's deliverance of it is making me sick!!! OK Angle, you're a tough guy, you only need 20 guys at your side to beat Mr. Anderson. By the way, those weren't real soldiers. How do I know? Well, as an ex-Marine, I noticed right away that a couple of the black had trousers hanging down their ass, and a couple of the white had untucked shirts. Real shoulders would never dress like that, especially in public!!! But overall, good job TNA. If they keep improving and building on this Monday, their may be a real Monday night war again!:drink:

I watched both shows last night (first WWE and second TNA) and I would say that overall, TNA had a better show.

Hogan is definitely done. He can't be doing this anymore. He's to fragile to take some of those blows and he's not as good at the acting. There were at least two times that he was bent over waiting for the blow from Sting. Flair, while slightly better also needs to step down. While the younger wrestlers can learn from them, that education has to come back stage and away from the cameras.

Sting going heel! Great move for TNA. Like you UB, I've been a Sting fan for years. And now this makes him more intriguing. I want to know where they are going to take this - and it looks like they've got him started off with RVD. Not a bad matchup but that won't sustain TNA. RVD's return was good and I think it will bring the energy TNA needs to get going but Sting needs to be bumped to the top.

I was glad to see the back stage drama was swept aside and I hope it stays that way. The only way TNA is going to be able to compete against WWE is to get away from the back stage drama and keep everything in front of the cameras.

I do disagree with the Kurt Angle thing (although those guys weren't real soldiers). I like the fact that for Anderson's played out disrespect to the soldiers was paid back to him. I'm hoping they don't keep this going and they let it die out. While I don't mind the "Soldier" play, it gets old - especially considering the real sacrifice that the Men and Women in uniform make on a daily basis. But right now it could be a play that brings TNA a little more attention.

Overall a better show than RAW, and having Jeff Hardy come in at the end was a good twist to the ending of the show. TNA set the standard for themselves and now they need to keep this momentum going. With WWE pulling the Vince vs Bret match and the Undertaker vs HBK, TNA can use this time to prime themselves to be competitive weekly - real soon!

WH
03-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I have this bad feeling that the Jericho v. Edge match is going to be a well played out squash match. Jericho deserves better. Edge's character makes a better heel than face. It's also amusing that he is keeping the rated R superstar motto even with the WWE bringing in all of this ''PG'' family friend crap. I'm not saying that Kane should be having sex with dead people again. But a little blood here and there helps stories along (see: How the WM 13 Stone Cold Crimson Mask was the Iconic image of the Attitude Era)

supa_fly_steeler
03-11-2010, 01:11 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0812/espn_a_jones_195.jpg

Pacman is going to TNA again i read if he dont get a job with an nfl team. Fasho i will watch if he joins wasnt he a good guy.

UltimateBengal
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I watched both shows last night (first WWE and second TNA) and I would say that overall, TNA had a better show.

Hogan is definitely done. He can't be doing this anymore. He's to fragile to take some of those blows and he's not as good at the acting. There were at least two times that he was bent over waiting for the blow from Sting. Flair, while slightly better also needs to step down. While the younger wrestlers can learn from them, that education has to come back stage and away from the cameras.

Sting going heel! Great move for TNA. Like you UB, I've been a Sting fan for years. And now this makes him more intriguing. I want to know where they are going to take this - and it looks like they've got him started off with RVD. Not a bad matchup but that won't sustain TNA. RVD's return was good and I think it will bring the energy TNA needs to get going but Sting needs to be bumped to the top.

I was glad to see the back stage drama was swept aside and I hope it stays that way. The only way TNA is going to be able to compete against WWE is to get away from the back stage drama and keep everything in front of the cameras.

I do disagree with the Kurt Angle thing (although those guys weren't real soldiers). I like the fact that for Anderson's played out disrespect to the soldiers was paid back to him. I'm hoping they don't keep this going and they let it die out. While I don't mind the "Soldier" play, it gets old - especially considering the real sacrifice that the Men and Women in uniform make on a daily basis. But right now it could be a play that brings TNA a little more attention.

Overall a better show than RAW, and having Jeff Hardy come in at the end was a good twist to the ending of the show. TNA set the standard for themselves and now they need to keep this momentum going. With WWE pulling the Vince vs Bret match and the Undertaker vs HBK, TNA can use this time to prime themselves to be competitive weekly - real soon!

Great post Truck. It's great to talk with knowledgeable wrestling fans in this thread! I have high hopes for TNA and hope they will continue to improve. I was a huge WCW fan, and now TNA gives me a reason to not watch McMahon!

stlrtruck
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Great post Truck. It's great to talk with knowledgeable wrestling fans in this thread! I have high hopes for TNA and hope they will continue to improve. I was a huge WCW fan, and now TNA gives me a reason to not watch McMahon!

Yeah for a bungals fan you know your stuff :flap:

Monday night's show gave me high hopes for them too. But I'm just wondering if they set the bar too high for their first time out.

It definitely gave me a reason to not be son interested in WWE. As much as I like watching Cena, HHH, Batista, etc, they've lost the fling when Stone Cold and The Rock left. They don't have anyone to carry the torch so to speak.

TNA definitely has an opportunity to steal the show. And with their pay per view the week before Wrestlemania, it could definitely do them well to put all their chips in the mix right now.

supa_fly_steeler
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
hey when is tna live on the air in america????

on our digital t.v. the program starts at 9am and 9pm saturdays

and is it pg rated like wwe so no diva biking fights and blood?

UltimateBengal
03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
hey when is tna live on the air in america????

on our digital t.v. the program starts at 9am and 9pm saturdays

and is it pg rated like wwe so no diva biking fights and blood?

It's on in America on Monday nights from 9-11 pm.

Venom
03-12-2010, 07:07 AM
The ratings are in for Monday Night ( 3.8.10) with Raw vs TNA . Impact did a 1.0 (about 1.4 million viewers ) and Raw did a 3.4 ( about 5.1 million viewers ) :coffee:

stlrtruck
03-12-2010, 07:53 AM
The ratings are in for Monday Night ( 3.8.10) with Raw vs TNA . Impact did a 1.0 (about 1.4 million viewers ) and Raw did a 3.4 ( about 5.1 million viewers ) :coffee:

I think more people will realize it's on and as WWE continues with their same boring rhetoric, TNA will start taking viewers.

WH
03-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I think more people will realize it's on and as WWE continues with their same boring rhetoric, TNA will start taking viewers.

WWE hasn't been boring since Sheamus won the title. And it sure won't be boring from here until WM.

I still am fearing that the Edge-Jericho match at WM is going to be nothing more than a well played out squash match.

Anyone here actually buying Sheamus in any way shape or form? His character is bland as hell, but damn that pump kick is sweet.

stlrtruck
03-12-2010, 02:49 PM
WWE hasn't been boring since Sheamus won the title. And it sure won't be boring from here until WM.

I still am fearing that the Edge-Jericho match at WM is going to be nothing more than a well played out squash match.

Anyone here actually buying Sheamus in any way shape or form? His character is bland as hell, but damn that pump kick is sweet.

Even with Sheamus, I think they've been sub-par in everything they've done. The only other Wrestler I can think of that came out of no-where and was a hit for WWE was Hulk Hogan. Even Triple H served his time as a second tier wrestler before he got pushed over the edge.

And from here until WM, it will be the same ole one week the good guy gets over and the next week the heel gets over - or maybe, just maybe one or the other will continue to get over until WM.

With that being said, I think TNA has the potential to start stealing ratings if they can manipulate thier wrestling lineup properly.

WH
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
With that being said, I think TNA has the potential to start stealing ratings if they can manipulate thier wrestling lineup properly.

burying newer talent under Hogan, Flair, and Sting.....ain't gonna help nobody.

stlrtruck
03-13-2010, 09:46 AM
burying newer talent under Hogan, Flair, and Sting.....ain't gonna help nobody.

I agree with that. That's why I mentioned Hogan and Flair need to get out of the ring. Sting is still the draw for them. And with him going heel, it definitely can add to their ratings. But what they need is others to carry the show and they don't have it all aligned now but they need to do it quickly while (imho) the WWE trips all over themself getting to WM.

touchdownward
03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Another thing the WWE has going for them as far as Monday night ratings is the fact that Raw is a one time airing. TNA re-airs their Monday night program on Thursday night. Fans of both will tune into Raw knowing they can catch Impact on Thursday.

I was a big WCW fan, so TNA piques my interest more right now than the WWE.

stlrtruck
03-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Another thing the WWE has going for them as far as Monday night ratings is the fact that Raw is a one time airing. TNA re-airs their Monday night program on Thursday night. Fans of both will tune into Raw knowing they can catch Impact on Thursday.

I was a big WCW fan, so TNA piques my interest more right now than the WWE.

WWE re-broadcasts their shows as well later in the week, including RAW, NXT, and SHOWDOWN. While it may not be on the same channel, they still re-air.

KeiselPower99
03-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Aj Styles vs Jeff Hardy was a damn good match tonight. There is still a few bugs in the system but its gettin better.

WH
03-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Aj Styles vs Jeff Hardy was a damn good match tonight. There is still a few bugs in the system but its gettin better.

no old people ruined it? I'm intrigued.

Venom
03-19-2010, 07:03 AM
The ratings for week 2 :

Raw --- 3.7

Impact--- 0.8 :coffee:

WH
03-19-2010, 07:09 AM
1 guy, Stone Cold.

You honestly won't get a good reading on who is watching what until after WM.

KeiselPower99
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
1 guy, Stone Cold.

You honestly won't get a good reading on who is watching what until after WM.

Exactly. People tuned in for Stone Cold. After WM 26 its all down hill.

Dino 6 Rings
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Who is Vince going to pull out next to help his ratings? The Rock?

WH
03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I read somewhere that the Rock is supposed to be around all Summer long-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/331151-the-rock-returns-to-wwe-this-summer-who-will-he-feud-with

Venom
03-26-2010, 09:04 AM
The ratings for week 3 :

Raw ------ 3.2 ( down from a 3.7 last week , Stone Cold )

Impact----0.8

Raw lost over 1,000,000 viewers from the previous week . Impact gained a few thousands . We'll see after Wrestlemania what happens

WH
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
This Raw was awful. Pete Rose was a terrible host, the matches sucked. etc..... but they never have good matches the week before mania.

stlrtruck
03-26-2010, 10:23 AM
It looks like TNA is starting to get their back stage drama as well as their technical difficulties under control.

Personally, I like the spin with Big Sexy (although it's been played before in the WCW), Hall, and Waltman.

It's going to be interesting to see what TNA does with Double J. They certainly have laid some heavy cards for Vince to come up against, but the question remains can they play them well enough to make Vince worry about them.

Dino 6 Rings
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I read somewhere that the Rock is supposed to be around all Summer long-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/331151-the-rock-returns-to-wwe-this-summer-who-will-he-feud-with

Geesh, I was kidding...McMahon pulling back the Rock is a direct attempt to deflect away from the Biggest Star in the Sports history, Hulk Hogan. No Doubt About It.

stlrtruck
03-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Geesh, I was kidding...McMahon pulling back the Rock is a direct attempt to deflect away from the Biggest Star in the Sports history, Hulk Hogan. No Doubt About It.

Both have mega draws, but with Hogan as recently as last year being at WM, there's a good chance that with The Rock not being in wrestling for the last several years could prove to be a field leveler for TNA's beginning challenges against the WWE.

Eventually, McMahon will run out of things to battle TNA and he'll either have to put together a better roster or start losing his ratings.

WH
03-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Eventually, McMahon will run out of things to battle TNA and he'll either have to put together a better roster or start losing his ratings.
McMahon could crush TNA at the drop of a hat with his current roster.

stlrtruck
03-27-2010, 12:19 PM
McMahon could crush TNA at the drop of a hat with his current roster.

And TNA could challenge WWE with their roster, but neither of them are utilizing their rosters to the full potential. There is a part of me that thinks Vince and the WWE have gotten complacent in their position of the wrestling world that they believe they are untouchable.

But let's face it, I can't think of many more story lines that can be imagined without having a hint of Been There - Done That over the past 20 years. The turns, the heels, the do-gooders, etc, doesn't matter if you've been watching wrestling long enough you've pretty much seen it all. Case in point, who here remembers when the older Rhodes son(can't remember his name) turned on his father and joined the 4 Horsemen? I mean pretty much any scenario has been done, but now the creativity comes to how do you make the old look new? I don't believe Vince has the writers or the imagination and I think TNA is still trying to solidfy it's roster before they can get to that level of imagination - let alone they need some younger talent to carry the show. The whole Wolf Pack thing gets old and is very much overplayed. And I got tired of watching Flair wrestle when he was in the WWE.

touchdownward
03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
And TNA could challenge WWE with their roster, but neither of them are utilizing their rosters to the full potential. There is a part of me that thinks Vince and the WWE have gotten complacent in their position of the wrestling world that they believe they are untouchable.

But let's face it, I can't think of many more story lines that can be imagined without having a hint of Been There - Done That over the past 20 years. The turns, the heels, the do-gooders, etc, doesn't matter if you've been watching wrestling long enough you've pretty much seen it all. Case in point, who here remembers when the older Rhodes son(can't remember his name) turned on his father and joined the 4 Horsemen? I mean pretty much any scenario has been done, but now the creativity comes to how do you make the old look new? I don't believe Vince has the writers or the imagination and I think TNA is still trying to solidfy it's roster before they can get to that level of imagination - let alone they need some younger talent to carry the show. The whole Wolf Pack thing gets old and is very much overplayed. And I got tired of watching Flair wrestle when he was in the WWE.
I believe it was Dustin (who also is Goldust and for a very brief period in WCW, Seven). Yeah, I remember the turn. I know what ya mean about the storylines being already done, I've watched wrestling since the late 70s. It's all so very predictable now.

WH
03-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Now THAT is how you do a PPV.

stlrtruck
03-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I believe it was Dustin (who also is Goldust and for a very brief period in WCW, Seven). Yeah, I remember the turn. I know what ya mean about the storylines being already done, I've watched wrestling since the late 70s. It's all so very predictable now.

Dustin was the younger of the two brothers. Doing a quick google search, it came to me Barry Windham. I thought they played him as Rhodes' son back in the day but he's not listed as such.

Dino 6 Rings
04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
What they need to do, (both organizations) is more Heel vs Heel matchups and more Face vs Face matchups. The Undertaker vs Michaels match was the headliner of Wrestlemania (just read about the entire match online) anyway, apparently the crowd loved it. Why? No BS, basically to Faces going at it with everything on the line. Kind of like the Legendary Hogan vs Warrior Match. Legendary because both were Faces at the time.

Even the older Kane vs Taker matches were classic because they were both Bad Guys rocking each other for 30 mins kicking each other's arse all over the place.

They need more of that. Give me Face vs Face. Give me Heel vs Heel. Give me Road Warrios vs Demolition, or Demolition vs Powers of Pain. Give me those classic no story crap matches, just good matches.

I don't need Good Guy vs Bad Guy, or Face vs Heel, I want best vs the best. Even if its a tourney, and it ends up with Two Faces at the end or Two Heels.

I don't even know who is what anymore...but when you watch it, you can tell by the way a Heel calls the Crowd "bunch of losers" and the Face always "I love you guys" give me two "I love you guys" Wrestlers battling it out with a triple tag match of "We Hate you Losers" Guys beating the snot out of each other for the Title Belts. Heck Yeah!

WH
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
It's sad, but with how the crowds are going...Cena v. Orton AGAIN is looking like a good match for the crowd. Since Orton is apparently the Stone Cold-esque face now.

WH
04-14-2010, 04:56 PM
June 7th. If you Smell what He's cookin'.

KeiselPower99
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
June 7th. If you Smell what He's cookin'.

Seriously??

WH
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Seriously??

Hosting but supposedly there for the whole summer.

Dino 6 Rings
04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Last night, RVD and Jeff Hardy (I think it was Jeff) In TNA had a great match up of "face vs face" The winner got to fight for the title later that night.

RVD Beat Hardy, but it was a classic match. Old School reversals and crazy stuff. Good match.

Tried to watch Raw as well, but that stupid McGruber Guest Host was killing me. Turned it off. Saw the one match with Taker vs Swagger, Taker smoked him.

WH
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I still can't fathom why WWE had Jack Swagger cashing in his MITB so quickly. First I thought it was injury, then Jericho kept competing. Then I thought they wanted to get a new heel in the spotlight, then they constantly bury Swagger under Orton, Undertaker, and Cena.

I will have to watch the Hardy v. RVD match. You have me interested. Ironic thing is the best matches they've had since Impact moved to Monday nights have been by WWE castoffs. If TNA would just get rid of the Old Blood, and focus on the plethora of young talent they have....then it would be MNWII.

stlrtruck
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I still can't fathom why WWE had Jack Swagger cashing in his MITB so quickly. First I thought it was injury, then Jericho kept competing. Then I thought they wanted to get a new heel in the spotlight, then they constantly bury Swagger under Orton, Undertaker, and Cena.

I will have to watch the Hardy v. RVD match. You have me interested. Ironic thing is the best matches they've had since Impact moved to Monday nights have been by WWE castoffs. If TNA would just get rid of the Old Blood, and focus on the plethora of young talent they have....then it would be MNWII.

WWE is probably setting Swagger up for a victory at the next PPV

WH
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
WWE is probably setting Swagger up for a victory at the next PPV

He's going against Randy Orton. The new Stone Cold.

don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see Swagger retain. Orton hasn't had a belt in a long time, Orton is a crowd favorite that could move alot of product as champion (tshirts etc....)

It just seems to me like they are setting up for Orton to go to Smackdown after the draft as Champ and feud with Jericho or Edge. Swagger just doesn't.......fit.

KeiselPower99
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
WWE keeps giving the belts to the same people and when they do try the crazy angle with Sheamus and Swagger it dosent seem to work. TNA needs a triple threat match between AJ RVD and Hardy for the belt. That would be classic.

stlrtruck
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
He's going against Randy Orton. The new Stone Cold.

don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see Swagger retain. Orton hasn't had a belt in a long time, Orton is a crowd favorite that could move alot of product as champion (tshirts etc....)

It just seems to me like they are setting up for Orton to go to Smackdown after the draft as Champ and feud with Jericho or Edge. Swagger just doesn't.......fit.

They could still set up Orton to go to Smackdown regardless of title, but you know how they play out the guy winning/losing when it matters the least, then when it atters, they reverse it. Just saying they could do that with Swagger to have him go to Smackdown and have him feud with Edge and Jericho, although that won't be much of a showdown - Swagger has little smack talk like Edge and Jericho.

I think Orton already moves a lot of product. The only difference between Orton and Stone Cold is that SC was against the foundation (Vince) while Orton is just a renegade on his own with no true alliances or foes.

WWE keeps giving the belts to the same people and when they do try the crazy angle with Sheamus and Swagger it dosent seem to work. TNA needs a triple threat match between AJ RVD and Hardy for the belt. That would be classic.

I thought Sheamus could have worked but they let it go too soon. WIth RVD beating AJ the other night, they are definitely turning things up. It's been a long time since I've seen a title change hands on a regular program. It would be interesting to see them go triple threat by why not also include Abyss? They've played him up and have no where for him to go.

WH
04-22-2010, 10:50 AM
It's just hard for me to see Swagger beating Orton.

stlrtruck
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
It's just hard for me to see Swagger beating Orton.

Me too, but never count out outside interference (DeBiase and Rhodes) or someone else that Orton has 'pissed off' the last few months.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Good call on the triple threat with Hardy and RVD and AJ, I'd watch that match.

I kind of liked the Shamus angle the WWE was pushing, I'd love a Shamus Swagger match for the belt. Two heels always draws my attention.

I want Big Pappa Pump and Buff Bagwell to come back to TNA and beat the snot out of everyone. That would be classic. Including kicking the crap out of "the band" I'm sick of them already. Any group that has Six Poc is a losing group in my opinion. Effing 1,2,3 Kid has no business running around with Hall and Nash.

WH
04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Me too, but never count out outside interference (DeBiase and Rhodes) or someone else that Orton has 'pissed off' the last few months.

They appear to be taking DiBiase in a different direction. Although after the second match with Christian. He hasn't been anywhere. Rhodes would be the more logical choice.....but Rhodes sucks

Quick Rant

I think the WWE is shitting on the Tier two belts. By Tier two I mean US and Intercontinental. Each show has 10 Superstars, easily who could be in rotating story lines for those belts.

WH
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Mickie James and other WWE Superstars released
Written: April 22, 2010

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

Dino 6 Rings
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
anyone updating this discussion? Anyone catch any of the Acts lately? I've missed the last couple weeks and was coming in for an update...what gives?

WH
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
TNA is running with their legs between their legs back to Thursdays. and next week it's rumored that Hall and Nash are to become TNA tag champs

Smackdown:

Edge turned heel on Smackdown (even though the crowd didn't know) it had to be the weakest heel turn ever.
Christian came out when Edge was saying goodbye to Smackdown and said (i'm paraphrasing to shorten it down)
Christian: You're a liar, you don't care about these people
Edge: Yes I do
Christian: No you don't
Edge: Yes I do
Christian: No you don't
Edge: You're right, I hate all these people
::punch punch kick kick roll out of the ring::
The crowd was incredibly silent.

Swagger is getting good heat as the heel champion, Big show is now a face and is the no. 1 contender for the Smackdown title.

Mysterio and CMpunk are still arguing, Rey still sucks on the mic, while Punk is still amazing on it.

Drew Mcyntire was stripped of the IC title by Theo Long for beating on matt hardy backstage

Raw:

Edge and Orton are Feuding, the WWE wants Orton to be the next Stone Cold it's not even funny.
Hart Dynasty is the new WWE tag champs. Miz is still aaaaaawweessssoome. it appears that they are going to tag Miz with Jericho together as, hopefully, mizicho.
Cena is burying all the heel's, as usual (booooo)
Sheamus is a bad mother effer, fella! 5 pump kicks to HHH at extreme rules. (now HHH can go make his movie that he stole from Batista)
Batista is no. 1 contender for the WWE title, but his contract is nearly up.
Dibiase Jr. is toating around the million dollar belt and feuding with John Morrison, their matches have been good.

did i miss anything?

Dino 6 Rings
05-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the update WH!

stlrtruck
01-08-2011, 06:54 AM
:bump:

thoughts to come later. But basically both companies suck right now.

TRH
01-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Wrestling SUCKS right now and the stories are beyond stupid. I only see it now at a passing glance in channel changing.
Horrible. No one interesting. It's funny....the only time anyone care's whats going on in the WWE is when they bring back one of the big 80's/90's stars (Michaels. Austin, Undertaker, etc...). No one cares about John Cena, Randy Orton, HHH Hunter Hearst (i only succeed because i married the bosses daughter) Helmsley and any of the others. They can't give the memorable interviews either.The last great wrestlers were the Austin, Rock, Rob Van Dam era in the very early 2000's. I can tell Vince McMahon part of what the problem is but he wouldn't hear of it : they don't have the "characters" anymore and go with almost exclusively young, lean, ripped, bodybuilders. Instead of standing out like a Lex Luger used to or an Ultimate Warrior, they ALL look the same and are completely un-interesting.

There will never be another run like the early 80's up until about 2001 or so. Flair, Luger, Hogan, Steamboat, Sting, Andre, Savage, Bret Hart and on and on and on. I can't even count TNA, its horrendous at best.
I actually feel bad for real fans of wrestling. They have nothing anymore. Once in a while i visit some of the wrestling websites to see whats going on and its actually pitiful watching the editors/fans trying to write and talk about whats going on today (which is basically nothing interesting whatsoever...)

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I'd have to agree TDH, as of late both companies have sucky story lines and their wrestlers don't have the skills to run the mic like Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, and Shawn Michaels.

At least TNA has a reason, they've got some younger wrestlers who are still green. But even the experienced ones in TNA suck at the mic and at carrying a show.

As for WWE, they don't have the talent they had when they took over WCW. Vince's own greed reduced the talent pool.

stlrtruck
02-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Big Poppa Pump back to TNA! While he's a bit older, he still carries himself old school style. I liked his entrance the other night.

However, TNA still isn't using their talent pool well. As for WWE, I watch it now just out of boredom and to see if they're doing anything new. There's just nothing there like there was with The Rock, Stonecold, HHH, etc.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Big Poppa Pump back to TNA! While he's a bit older, he still carries himself old school style. I liked his entrance the other night.

However, TNA still isn't using their talent pool well. As for WWE, I watch it now just out of boredom and to see if they're doing anything new. There's just nothing there like there was with The Rock, Stonecold, HHH, etc.

Talk about horrible mic work! Scott Steiner is one of the all-time worst. His in-ring ability sucks now too. He used to be awesome back in the Steiner Brothers days with his wrestling ability and innovativeness (Frankensteiner anyone?). He's a shell of his former self now. He did make a nice entrance last week and looked menacing holding a pipe, but I hope Angle has something better lined up for help that cannactually work like Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin. They are currently working Ring of Honor wrestling which is far superior to both TNA and WWE in in-ring action.

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I just saw this and thought it was one of the funniest "dance off" segments in pro wrestling history! :rofl:

f93nT5WkN6Y

Which, in turn, reminded me of this one also from CZW wrestling. Pure comedy wrestling gold! :chuckle:

_NZpD3rFry0

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Another hysterical video I just found from the old ECW days of Stevie Richards and the Blue Meanie doing impressions of old school wrestlers Baron Von Raschke (Baron Von Stevie) and Goldust (Bluedust). I hadn't seen this one before and the crowd ate it up!

plP2NlCJW7A&feature=related

Buddha Bus
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
And just because it's one of the (unintentionally) funniest moments in professional wrestling history, ladies and gentlemen..... the debut of....THE SHOCKMASTER!!! :chuckle:

s3CL28vgE4U&feature=fvw

Plus the shocking return of the... er... SHOCKMASTER!!!! :rofl:

2ubeclmQxRc&feature=fvst

stlrtruck
02-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I have to say the reverse zobbie-da that TNA pulled with Fortune Thursday night was excellent played out.

Fire Arians
02-15-2011, 11:49 PM
THE ROCK IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
02-21-2011, 07:48 AM
I loved The Rocks intro the other night. No one cuts a promo like he does.

stlrtruck
03-11-2011, 09:39 AM
And in TNA, Sting returns to claim the championship.

Now if they'd just remove Flair from the ring, stop the ownership drama, and move in to actual wrestling, TNA just might start pulling some ratings.

stlrtruck
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Any college kids looking for an internship with TNA:

http://www.tnawrestling.com/info/faqs/item/1227-employment-and-internship-information