PDA

View Full Version : "So this is what its like?" Congrats Steelers.

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
From a Jets fan. I'll be rootin' for ya all the way. BTW, nice forum. So positive here, it's really hard to believe. So this is what its like? When your team has a 4-12 record, the forums tend to be so negative. I don't think I've ever seen positive before. :tt:

Prosdo
01-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Welcome to SF Plane! Thanks for the congrats.

bigbensgirl7
01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks Plane!!!

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks. The screename's actually a joke, if you get it.

Dook
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
I had picked the Jets to make it deep into the playoffs this year.

What do you think they will do with Chad? Keep him or go after another QB?

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Well we never planned on losing our starting quaterback. Our backup quaterback. Our starting runningback. Our backup runningback. 4/5th of the offensive line. Etc, etc. As for Chad, who knows. Many of the fans have their eyes set on Cutler though.

SteelerDan43
01-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I think it was evident Chad could do the job last year, There are other more pressing needs that should be adressed in the early rounds IMO

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Yes. Last year. But two things have changed.

1. He came back from ONE shoulder surgury in the beginning of this season. He didn't look so great in the 3 games he played.

2. He's had his SECOND shoulder surgury now. That's two rotator cuff tears. Why not tear his arm off?

drizze99
01-26-2006, 02:07 PM
What's up Playing in a Steel Mill? The Jets had a tough year no doubt. Is Mangini the right man for the job? IMO, Chad is done, stick a fork in him. Is Martin coming back?

Welcome to SF!

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Martin's comming back in a reduced role supposedly. The only good thing that came out of this season really is we found a small gem in a third string runningback. The guy has like the most yardage after contact I've ever seen. Especially for a small guy.

SteelerDan43
01-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Yes. Last year. But two things have changed.

1. He came back from ONE shoulder surgury in the beginning of this season. He didn't look so great in the 3 games he played.

2. He's had his SECOND shoulder surgury now. That's two rotator cuff tears. Why not tear his arm off?

I could see the Browns approach being taken here, Go with Chad for now and get a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and give him a little time and if Chad really struggles bring him in...

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 02:15 PM
The Jets stated their plans for quaterback. Its going to be Chad P. the starter vs Brooks Bollinger, the 3rd stringer who played most of the season vs. Unknown Veteran. The veteran we were most likely going to get was Kitna, but I think you guys might have screwed that one up for us.

drizze99
01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
You may want to add an "s" to boots.... (your sig)

Mangini has to first instill a winning attitude again and that starts with your O. Hopefully for you guys everyone is 100% and enters camp on time.

Steel - X
01-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Welcome a board, to the best steelers site on the net.

1. Lets get this str8 coming into his career as a starting QB Chad P did not have a strong arm, now after 2 rotator cuff surgery's he can probably throw as far as hard and as accurate as my daughter. Yeah she is also 1 and a half.

2. C.Mart is done stick a fork in that guy. I love him do not get me wrong I think he is one of the best RB's that I have seen run in my time. But with out a QB and any weapons on the outside everyone is keying in on the run and Cmart will get jacked up in that case.

3. Cedric Houston does look like the man for the future coming out of college last year to me (like you said) he looked to small to be the man. But after seeing him run man he looks like the real deal. Hitting holes, no dropsies, and finishing his runs. Good find there.

Things will turn for you man, your in the big city how long can it last? Well look at it this way your not a Browns fan, at least.

Prosdo
01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I always liked Curtis Martin. He went to the same high school I went to.

Plane In A Steelmill
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah. He's a great guy. Another reason alot of people are rooting for the Steelers is a certain running back badmouthed Martin after losing the NFL Rushing Award by 1 yard last year. How can you badmouth Martin, he's one of the most humble guys in the NFL.

SteelerFanInATL
01-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Come on back anytime Plane

Infamix
01-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah. He's a great guy. Another reason alot of people are rooting for the Steelers is a certain running back badmouthed Martin after losing the NFL Rushing Award by 1 yard last year. How can you badmouth Martin, he's one of the most humble guys in the NFL.

yo what about the Cedric Houston dude is he going to play alot next yr?

Steel - X
01-27-2006, 08:01 AM
I am not sure he can be an every down back but you will see a lot of Cedric next season in the NFL. The guy is a playmaker but with no help on the offensive side of the ball at QB or even a recieveing threat it will be hard for a player at his size to be a huge threat in the NFL.

benberger
01-27-2006, 08:44 AM
how about duante culpepper as a jet??? hmmmm.

Brady12
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
From a Jets fan. I'll be rootin' for ya all the way. BTW, nice forum. So positive here, it's really hard to believe. So this is what its like? When your team has a 4-12 record, the forums tend to be so negative. I don't think I've ever seen positive before. :tt:

The positive I guess, would be drafting a good player at Number 4!