PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Pittsburgh, Jake Gyllenhaal ... Here's A Terrible Towel

mesaSteeler
12-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Welcome To Pittsburgh, Jake Gyllenhaal ... Here's A Terrible Towel
Actor Talks About Steelers Game, Primanti Brothers Food
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/entertainment/21828045/detail.html
(See url for video of the interview. - mesa)

On Thursday night, Gyllenhaal was a guest on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and said that he became a Steelers fan as soon as he flew into town for the movie shoot.

"I love Pittsburgh. It's fantastic," Gyllenhaal said.

"People go crazy for the Steelers in Pittsburgh," Kimmel said.

"When I arrived at Pittsburgh (International Airport), there's a tram that takes you from the gate to the baggage claim. When I looked down on the tram, there was this woman who had two Steelers tattoos on either ankle when I first arrived, and I realized I couldn't be a Patriots fan. So for the three months I was there, I was a Steelers fan and I really wasn't anything but a Steelers fan," Gyllenhaal said.

He also told the audience about the greatness of Primanti Brothers sandwiches.

"It's like two pieces of thick, white bread, and then, like, kielbasa, and then you've got your french fries, and then you've got your cole slaw -- I'm not really sure if that's fried or not -- and then you have your lettuce and tomato. You can choose your meat. Fantastic," Gyllenhaal said.

That was followed by a funny story about a fan who wanted to give him a dirty, old Terrible Towel at a Steelers game while he was waiting to get some Primanti's grub, and then Gyllenhaal showed Kimmel a tattoo of a Steelers logo on his back (but didn't say if it's real or temporary).

revefsreleets
12-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Steeldude will now remind us that JG was one of the leads in "Brokeback Mountain".

And I'll get in trouble for pointing that out...

KeiselPower99
12-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Has he been in any movie I like...........Nope dont think so.

tony hipchest
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
And I'll get in trouble for pointing that out...

:rolleyes:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/attack.jpg

markymarc
12-05-2009, 11:24 AM
He also told the audience about the greatness of Primanti Brothers sandwiches.

"It's like two pieces of thick, white bread, and then, like, kielbasa, and then you've got your french fries, and then you've got your cole slaw -- I'm not really sure if that's fried or not -- and then you have your lettuce and tomato. You can choose your meat. Fantastic," Gyllenhaal said.

This is the only piece I found even remotely interesting!

Ricco Suavez
12-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Has he been in any movie I like...........Nope dont think so.

My favorite October Sky. Moving father/son drama with some comedy. Very underrated.

Borski
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
My favorite October Sky. Moving father/son drama with some comedy. Very underrated.

Thats the one with the rockets, right? That was an amazing movie.

KeiselPower99
12-05-2009, 10:27 PM

I didnt realize he was in that movie. And it took place in West Virginia.